The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Love/Loathe List BB17 #6"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Aruba 2226 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

08-03-15, 06:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Love/Loathe List BB17 #6"
AHHH, NO Jason; yours was NOT the first blindside of the season. The first one was when you and James decided to backdoor Jace. But I guess that doesn’t count because YOU did it. Not surprisingly double standards are commonplace with Reality Show players. Clearly not just Jason (Vanessa is the worst) that type of hypocrisy is sickening. It’s perfectly OK if I do it so long as it’s not done to me. How sad; how pathetic.

JOHNNY – Still the star of the show in my opinion. Alien abductors would probably travel from light years away for a chance to probe this guy’s brain...and we get to analyze him every week. His DR session showing no sympathy for Clay on the block and sarcastically suggesting Clay NOT use the POV should he win it was the most hysterical moment of the week. With James HOH he should be safe. Runner-up in the POV and final three in the HOH comp. Problem is players are taking notice of his competition prowess. *sniff, sniff* Could I be smelling Anti-Darwin Syndrome? Unfortunately I am.

VANESSA – Strong case for #1 but her two-face approach annoys me. A quintessential “Do as I say, but not as I do” person. Whereas that approach could get her far in the game, personally in my real life those are the type of individuals I would love to dropkick into oblivion. Has to stay near the top because (along with Shelli) she is the reason for the Sixth Sense being the dominant alliance in the House for 40 days. Fortunately for her Jackie did not win HOH; perhaps more fortunately the one who is HOH thinks her mom is a “smokebomb.”

JAMES– FINALLY a legit HOH comp...and a hard-fought and well-earned win for James. I don’t know what dropped more jaws—Vanessa naming Jason as a replacement nominee or James picking Clay for his Outback dinner date. Don’t sweat it little man...Meg wouldn’t put out for you either. Choosing Clay Kingfish may be on to something—perhaps James may have a height fetish after all.

SHELLI – You see, this is EXACTLY what happens when you decide to put your fate in someone else’s hands! I can understand her not wanting to win three HOHs in a row (once again, not counting the ones she’s not allowed to compete in,) but still. The deal to keep her and Clay safe could have worked with anyone BUT James. She still has POV. If she loses Clay it would be the best thing for her game going forward.

AUSTIN – He only had himself to blame for getting himself in a pickle, but he gets props for performing enough damage control to give himself a new lease on life. He should have been taking huge sighs of relief but he decided to gloat over Jason’s demise instead. Not cool.

CLAY – OK, I’ll move the mimbo up for this week. Solid win in the POV even though he didn’t need it. Jason or Austin would have walked out the door even if he stayed on the block. If anything the win showed his alliance he may have more to offer than just being Mrs. Robinson’s Benjamin.

JACKIE – Her momentary rise up the ranks takes a dip this week after being royally played by Vanessa. The question is will her personal vendetta against Vanessa cause her to lose sight of the big picture? Either way it won’t cause me to lose sight of that killer body.

MEG – A China Doll that cries. Granted it was a rough week for her; first she gets passed up on a dinner date, then she gets the rug pulled out from beneath her when the Dark Moon proved to be nothing more than an illusion. Just wipe your nose and move on QT Pie...you’ll have no problem finding yourself another life preserver to hang on to. For this upcoming week I’m sure it will be “Jamesy.”

LIZ – I’m dropping her because of her goodbye message. Her personal dig kicking Jason when he was down and out was immature and uncalled for. I guess there’s little to no chance Austin will be let off any easier.

STEVE – His fascination with the roving camera would have been a comical sequence on Day Four, but on Day 40 it was a nonsensical absurdity. Only reason he’s not last is he did show some first time spunk with his critical DR commentary on how Becky carried on ridiculously during/after POV.

BECKY – AWWW, Boo-Hoo, so you didn’t win POV. I guess getting smashed in the face by a train didn’t toughen you up any. The more I think of it the less I make of the train story and the more I believe it may be a case of cosmetic surgery gone bad. Whatever the case, other than being Clelli’s snitch, she’s adding very little to this season.

EVICTED) JASON – He would have continued to be an entertaining and savvy player had he stuck around longer. Now that Michel’s noted “victim card” has been completed played, maybe he’ll come to grips that life revolves around much more than a reality show called Big Brother. In other words, it’s time to grow up young man!

Need a full week of Julia as a separate player in the House before I rank her.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Bu bye Lizlua, hello Chelli kingfish 08-03-15 1
   RE: Bu bye Lizlua, hello Chelli Aruba 08-03-15 3
       RE: Bu bye Lizlua, hello Chelli michel2 08-03-15 6
           RE: Bu bye Lizlua, hello Chelli Aruba 08-04-15 11
               RE: Bu bye Lizlua, hello Chelli michel2 08-04-15 13
                   RE: Bu bye Lizlua, hello Chelli Aruba 08-06-15 18
                       RE: Bu bye Lizlua, hello Chelli michel2 08-06-15 21
                           RE: Bu bye Lizlua, hello Chelli Aruba 08-06-15 22
                               RE: Bu bye Lizlua, hello Chelli michel2 08-06-15 23
                                   RE: Bu bye Lizlua, hello Chelli Aruba 08-06-15 26
                                       RE: Bu bye Lizlua, hello Chelli michel2 08-06-15 30
                                   RE: Bu bye Lizlua, hello Chelli Aruba 08-06-15 28
                                       RE: Bu bye Lizlua, hello Chelli michel2 08-06-15 33
       RE: Bu bye Lizlua, hello Chelli kingfish 08-04-15 7
           RE: Bu bye Lizlua, hello Chelli Aruba 08-04-15 12
               RE: Bu bye Lizlua, hello Chelli michel2 08-06-15 24
                   RE: Bu bye Lizlua, hello Chelli Aruba 08-06-15 29
                       RE: Bu bye Lizlua, hello Chelli michel2 08-06-15 31
           RE: Bu bye Lizlua, hello Chelli michel2 08-04-15 14
 RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #6 michel2 08-03-15 2
   RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #6 Aruba 08-03-15 4
       RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #6 michel2 08-03-15 5
           RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #6 Aruba 08-04-15 10
               RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #6 michel2 08-04-15 15
                   RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #6 Aruba 08-06-15 19
                       RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #6 michel2 08-06-15 25
                           RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #6 Aruba 08-06-15 27
                               RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #6 michel2 08-06-15 32
   RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #6 kingfish 08-04-15 8
       RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #6 michel2 08-04-15 9
           RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #6 kingfish 08-05-15 16
               RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #6 michel2 08-05-15 17
                   RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #6 Aruba 08-06-15 20
                       RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #6 kingfish 08-08-15 34
                           RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #6 michel2 08-08-15 35
                               RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #6 kingfish 08-08-15 36
                                   RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #6 michel2 08-08-15 37
                                       RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #6 kingfish 08-10-15 38
                                           RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #6 michel2 08-10-15 39

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

kingfish 18471 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-03-15, 12:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Bu bye Lizlua, hello Chelli"
LAST EDITED ON 08-03-15 AT 01:25 PM (EST)

Well, we lose Jizula, Lizula, Lilula, and all of the other Liz/Julia combinations that we’ve been struggling with, but we gained Clelli, thanks to Jason (it was his invention, right?). It was for one week only, but we did get a little variety. Now, we might have to deal with Liztin, or Austiz, or (hopefully) something better. We also got “MyLanta” from Jason.

Thanks Jason, we needed that.

Is a J-Meg in the future? He'll need to get some lifts if he wants to make that work. More power to the boy, though.

Did production introduce a competition that was hands down in favor of James on purpose? If not for the recognition that something as elaborate as that, even with the lame stuffed bald eagles, that a lot of time is necessary to prepare, test, and assemble on site that challenge, there would be no question in my mind that it was. They would have needed to get it designed, assembled off site, modified as needed, bought off by their insuring company, and assembled on site in one week. I’m pretty sure that these challenges are ready to go before the season starts. The only latitude production likely has is to switch a challenge from one week to another, and that could have very well occurred. Still, I would think it unlikely that they would vary their story board order.

But, it is suspicious. The timing was perfect for “the other side of the House” to assume power in order to keep it from becoming a runaway, and James, although he had to be getting tired too, was more comfortable that anyone else. His small feet and squatting to relieve tension in his knees and allowing him to stretch his feet and legs helped. I’m not sure the head games he was using really helped that much, but he was savvy enough to at least try them. It also seems that the challenge favored those with lighter, smaller bodies.

BTW: The announcer is missing the point when he says that Clay and Becky “volunteered” to be nominated. Arm twisted into very reluctant agreeing (especially Becky) would be more like it.

Top of list:

James – Mr. Chipmunk Cheeks deserves a very honorable mention. It gets so boring and tiresome to listen to HoH winners moan about not wanting to rile the house and (waa waa boo hoo) about not wanting to get blood on their hands, then making milquetoast nominations of floaters or of a house villain. He did what he should have done and made a promise that got him the HoH (nice move, and they fell for it), then proceeded to break that promise in order to nominate the power couple that had been the cause of his time on the block, and who were going after his allies. He recognized that this was survival, that the game was BB. He collaborated with his allies about who to nominate, then, in the middle of the night, realized that there was only one set of names to nominate. Clelli.

An added bonus was Clelli’s (especially Shelli’s) outrage that James could be so dishonorable as to break a promise that he made in front of the whole house. Did he not know what honor was? (Or did she/they not realize they were playing Big Brother? Or that challenge deals were not worth the stuffed eagle poop they were written in?). Chelli was played in classic fashion.

Additionally, James may have gained an advantage with Vanessa. James, of all people, will be skeptical of the deal (he would be safe from her nom. to final 7 as would someone of his choice), but there is an off chance that she will at least partially hold to her promise just to build a relationship with James. I think it’s safe to assume that if it comes down to her safety, that the deal – especially the plus one – will not be honored, but he could get something out of it for a few weeks.

Adding insult to injury, he kept his word to Johnny, but not her.

Vanessa - OK, Vanessa had an initial ill-advised but heart pleasing strategy to boot Austin. But she needed Austin in case the “other side of the house” alliance won the next HoH to have a chance at saving themselves. She came to her senses and, Justin was booted. She’s bemoaning the blood on her hands, and now the “other side of the House" really hates her but she would have been a prime target anyway, and strategically she finally came around to making the correct decision. Now, they can lose one (if the worst happens) and still be strong.

So, Vanessa, here’s my advice: “Quit ‘yer bitchin’”. It was a choice between a bad decision or a worse decision, and she picked the better of the two. Now she should settle down. She does have to talk talk talky talk and mend what fences she can without overplaying her hand, but she is capable of that.”

I’m ambivalent on the soundness of her telling Austin that he was about to be nominated. If she really wanted him out, it was just dumb. But it did allow her to realize that nominating him wasn’t really a good idea in the first place, so that really ended up working out for her. Serendipity?

I do like that she swears in Italian. Novel.

Johnny Mac – He did his time as a nom, as a puppet, and as the Clelli hey-boy without publically complaining (while giving us the best snarkiest diary room interviews), so maybe he’s earned a rest. A short rest, because a swing vote never rests long. He doesn’t seem to be blindly loyal to Clelli, and as swing vote this week between the two alliances, he might be secure for a while as long as both sides recognize the need to cultivate his loyalty from week to week. I would put him on top of the list, but he’s still kind of a floater, and I think someone that is actively working it deserves my vote for that. I give him immense kudos for subtlety, though, and I might be underestimating him.

Julia – Placed in the upper part of the list for her intuitive distrust of Austin. Austin was lying, she sensed it, and he couldn’t convince her otherwise. I think it’s as much to do with his amazing inability to tell a convincing lie, or with her spot–on intuition (well, it’s certainly a combination of the two), but Julia gets props from me this week for that and for making it into the game. I think her influence on her sister kept the team “twins” from being booted.

Her distrust of Austin has also put her in a better position than her sister now that they are both in the game together. It can’t escape the notice of the rest of the house that Liz and Austin are a two vote couple, and whenever the “Other Side of The House” gets HoH, Liz and/or Austin could very well be put up.

Middle of list:

Meg - We had more emotion from Meg this week. It humanizes her, and undoubtedly wins a lot of the sympathy from the TV audience, but it also cements her as in the “One of the Other side of the House” alliance in the eyes of the house. She’s not seen as the brains of her alliance, maybe? So that gives her some safety should things go badly for them, but she certainly has evolved from being an unallied floater to a dedicated alliance member. I think that’s a good move for her, and might get her far if her alliance gets the breaks and if they follow the guidance of savvy players like James.

Jackie – Plays for the moment, and doesn’t seem to recognize that next week the power situation in the house can change drastically. Also, is playing to avenge Jason. WTF? She would be nearer the bottom of the list except that others are even more deserving. To her credit, she has figured out that the Clelli alliance was not going to be her friend. That this wasn’t crystal clear to her before, and that she was gullible enough to put her faith in a promise from Vanessa is not to her credit.

Bottom of list;

Austin - I guess Austin earns the least negative kudos. He managed to wriggle off the hook. He also managed to turn his FU of the Liz/Julia thing into an almost eviction. But although I would give Vanessa the credit for coming to her senses and sparing him the boot, Austin was digging for his life, and he managed to survive. He deserves credit for that. In my mind his FU will be more neg-effect for him on-going than the pos-effect he receives for his one week survival.

Prediction;

In Survivor (and I assume BB too) Austin’s quote, "I'm going to go far in this game.” would be fatal last words. Editors just love to slip these FLW quotes in. And they like to do it in the week just before eviction, or two weeks before. So here's my prediction: "The other side of the House" will win HoH next, nominate Austin plus someone (Clay? Becky? Liz? I'll go with Liz) and Austin will be booted. Or maybe this will happen next week, but I'll put a Bitcoin down on Austin going next.

Steve – He is the most disposable floater left for any upcoming HoH who may be scared of making enemies or having bloody hands. And he didn’t improve much this week. I guess his enmity toward Becky is a minor asset since her alliance is on the outs this week, and he would not mind that either Becky’s alliance member Clay or Shelli will go this week. It says something that his best interactions were with an animated inanimate object.

I liked the way that Steve dodged the eagles. Wussy maybe, but practical.

Becky – Being Celli’s snitch may be the cause of her demise if “the other side” alliance gets wind of it. Clelli confronted James with their suspicions that they were being considered, so he should realize that someone snitched, and it shouldn’t be difficult to figure out who it was. With James as HoH, she should have sensed a possible power shift, and that that wasn’t an auspicious time to kiss Clelli ass. Keeping her own council would have been a not dumb move.

Liz - Her blindness toward Austin is hurting her game, as is her susceptibility to his lies. She’s almost toast, she’s baked on one side and is browning on the other. Her only asset is her sister’s loyalty, and it could also be a liability if the house sees them as disposable remnants of Clelli and a possible two vote duo.

Clay – It seems that the house is slightly more inclined to boot Shelli this week, so he’s not rocking the list bottom. And, truth be told, he may survive a while longer if Shelli is booted, and he’s no longer part of a two vote power couple. I expect Clay to be in revenge mode if Shelli goes this week, and that can’t be good for his game.

I was amused when snarky editing went from Clay proclaiming Shelli as his Georgia Peach to a shot of her scraping callouses on her feet.

Shelli - Substitute “Shelli” for “Clay” in the above remarks. It’s remarkable how gullible they are about how BB is played and how outraged they are when someone manages to get them to agree to a promise and then breaks it. There are no unwritten rules, and if you believe that there are, you are missing the boat as to how BB is played. Promises inside BB do not mean what they mean on the outside. And did she really think that the fact that he made the promise in front of the house was somehow her trump card? Apparently so.

Did they miss the season of Maggie? And Jenifer’s classic deception when she pulled the prayer rug right out from under of Kaysar in a situation just like that of James and Shelli? If when preparing to go on BB, you can only review one season of BB, watch that one. As added treats and more BB lessons, that is the season of Janelle, Howie, and April (Busto).

Jason – Entertaining guy, and a large portion of the audience will undoubtedly miss his antics, but being a self-proclaimed BB fanatic is not the same thing as being immune from eviction, nor does that self-entitlement make you more deserving than anyone else. Nor does the fact that you are a cashier living in your family’s basement mean that you have a superior claim to the money.

Save up, get an education or a trade, and make it on your own.

He did mention that Vanessa was a smart game player, as did Brittney and Audrey, more indication that the house wasn’t missing that fact. It’s a good thing that she’s smart, not a good thing that the house sees it and can be threatened by it. Jason was seen as a smart player, and that is part of the reason he was targeted this week.

Crabman

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

08-03-15, 09:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Bu bye Lizlua, hello Chelli"
The question you asked prior to your ranking pertaining to the HOH comp that I’m sure erotically aroused every conspiracy theorist on these Boards was answered perfectly. The elaboration of the comp as you accurately noted as well as the unlikeliness of varying the story order as you indicated supports your answer agreeable by me.

Endurance competitions are my favorite because they are more mental than anything else. Yes, someone who is abnormally large as Austin has zero chance to win. But other than those anomalies it truly is mind over matter and being able TO CONTROL YOUR OWN WEIGHT. Jeff Probst mentioned on Survivor last season this type of comp (controlling one’s own weight) has been won an equal number of times between men and women. And when you add the other factors, i.e. cold water, fake eagle poop, etc., it becomes mostly mental.

After Austin, Clay was by far the largest competitor yet he was in the final four. Jackie was the smallest but didn’t fare that well. I’m pretty sure Shelli was the largest woman and gave James a run for his money before her inexcusable blunder. Steve is a lightweight yet bowed out first.

Fact of the matter, James had an excellent strategy during the competition. Not only did James squat so his legs wouldn’t stiffen, but he also took time to extend his arms when the wall was vertical. Anyone could perform those stretching techniques regardless of gender or size. Not everyone did...but James did hence he emerged victorious.

When it came down to James vs. Shelli, James did appear a little less strained even though both were struggling. But hey, with all the deterrents the slightest mental lapse by either could have decided the outcome. So the “deal” Shelli made with James was beyond gullible. When you can put yourself in a position to control your own fate...GO FOR IT. Conversely, Shelli decided to put her fate in someone else’s hands and may be going home Thursday because of it.

Only comment on your players assessments...not sure Julia’s distrust of Austin is “intuitive” as much as Shelli flat-out telling her Austin wants Julia eliminated early so he and Liz could spend time in the Jury House without her sister. Although I give major props to Julia for keeping her word to Shelli and not letting Liz in on what Austin said. If Shelli is unable to save herself and gets evicted, then I’m certain Julia will spill the beans to Liz. Translation—Austin will be a goner.

michel2 989 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-03-15, 10:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Bu bye Lizlua, hello Chelli"
"Jeff Probst mentioned on Survivor last season this type of comp (controlling one’s own weight) has been won an equal number of times between men and women."

As usual, Jeff is full of crap so I would never use what he says. Certain types of endurance competitions have been won regularly by women or smaller men like Ozzy. Hanging on a pole for example gives no chance to most men like Yul explained. The same goes for holding on to a rope that gets extended over time. I'm not saying it's unfair because some other challenges give no chance to women or less athletic males but I wouldn't compliment James for winning a challenges that was perfectly suited for him. I mean, would you compliment Clay if they had a simple 40 yard sprint?

08-04-15, 06:37 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Bu bye Lizlua, hello Chelli"
Probst was not giving his opinion or force feeding theories. He was simply stating a statistical fact of how many such competitions were played historically and sharing the scorecard won equally by men/women.

The reason you think it’s “crap” is because those statistical facts do not support YOUR theories.

Actually it was Penner (who always whined and bellyached when things didn’t go his way) in Cook Islands explaining his men vs. women/small vs. tall theory of hanging or standing on a pole/ledge. Interestingly in the Final IC of that season it was explained that each ledge was individually constructed to fit the size of each competitor’s feet to not give an unfair advantage. OH, that’s right, “Jeff is full of crap” so we should “never use what he says.”

Obviously you’ll never have competitions that equally compliment every player. James is a small guy but I’m certain he didn’t have the smallest feet among all who competed. With the water making the ledge slippery, anyone could have slipped off the footing at any time if they were not mentally focused.

No, I wouldn’t compliment Clay if he won a SIMPLE 40-yard sprint. But competitions are rarely that SIMPLE on Reality Shows. Now if it was a 40-yard run on a very slippery surface and deterrents where being swung to try to knock the players down before they crossed the line, then I’d have no issue complimenting the winner.

08-04-15, 08:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel2 Click to send private message to michel2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Bu bye Lizlua, hello Chelli"
>Probst was not giving his opinion
>or force feeding theories. He
>was simply stating a statistical
>fact of how many such
>competitions were played historically and
>sharing the scorecard won equally
>by men/women.
>
>The reason you think it’s “crap”
>is because those statistical facts
>do not support YOUR theories.

It is exactly Jeff's memory of statistics that I call crappy. He OFTEN makes mistakes stating obvious historical facts that it isn't even funny.

>Actually it was Penner (who always
>whined and bellyached when things
>didn’t go his way) in
>Cook Islands explaining his men
>vs. women/small vs. tall theory
>of hanging or standing on
>a pole/ledge.

We must not be talking about the same thing because i was refering to Yul's "That's why elephants don't climb on trees" story.

>Interestingly in the
>Final IC of that season
>it was explained that each
>ledge was individually constructed to
>fit the size of each
>competitor’s feet to not give
>an unfair advantage. OH, that’s
>right, “Jeff is full of
>crap” so we should “never
>use what he says.”

SOMETIMES they balance things out but not so with hanging on the poles: They all have the SAMR pole. AND not in this latest BB comp where all ledges were EXACTLY the same, at least as it looked on TV.

>Obviously you’ll never have competitions that
>equally compliment every player. James
>is a small guy but
>I’m certain he didn’t have
>the smallest feet among all
>who competed.

Certainly the smallest among the men and he has more upper body strength than the women.

With the water
>making the ledge slippery, anyone
>could have slipped off the
>footing at any time if
>they were not mentally focused.

Mentally focused!!! LOL! It lasted less than 2 hours and with $500 000 on the line why wouldn't they be focused?????

>No, I wouldn’t compliment Clay if
>he won a SIMPLE 40-yard
>sprint. But competitions are rarely
>that SIMPLE on Reality Shows.

I agree: Reality TV comps are mostly Mickey Mouse challenges.

>Now if it was a
>40-yard run on a very
>slippery surface and deterrents where
>being swung to try to
>knock the players down before
>they crossed the line, then
>I’d have no issue complimenting
>the winner.

You mean like those stupid stuffed eagles. Yes, that deserves compliments...Good grief...

08-06-15, 05:56 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Bu bye Lizlua, hello Chelli"
>It is exactly Jeff's memory of
>statistics that I call crappy.
> He OFTEN makes mistakes
>stating obvious historical facts that
>it isn't even funny.

Jeff's intent wasn't to crack jokes; it was to statistically state one's gender is not an advantage when using YOUR OWN strength to hold/control YOUR OWN weight. And I doubt strongly those statistical facts were from "Jeff's memory," they were fed to him by production prior to the challenge.

>We must not be talking about
>the same thing because i
>was refering to Yul's "That's
>why elephants don't climb on
>trees" story.

We must be referring to something separate because I'm pretty sure it was Penner who initiated that whole nonsense. BTW, Chihuahua's don't climb on trees either.

>SOMETIMES they balance things out but
>not so with hanging on
>the poles: They all have
>the SAMR pole. AND not
>in this latest BB comp
>where all ledges were EXACTLY
>the same, at least as
>it looked on TV.

When hanging on a pole with no deterrents it becomes a test of ONE'S OWN strength controlling ONE'S OWN weight so they usually do not balance that out. The Final IC in Cook Islands involved standing on a ledge with no deterrents, thus the different ledges. In the last BB HOH Comp the ledges were slippery wet adding a mental element to the competition.

>Certainly the smallest among the men
>and he has more upper
>body strength than the women.

If it was a test of strength where everyone has to lift or move the SAME OBJECT then I agree upper body strength prevails. Once again, it was a test of ONE'S OWN strength in relation to ONE'S OWN body weight.

>Mentally focused!!! LOL! It lasted less
>than 2 hours and with
>$500 000 on the line
>why wouldn't they be focused?????

Survivor castaways had worse mental lapses for TWICE that amount. Nuff said on that.

>You mean like those stupid stuffed
>eagles. Yes, that deserves
>compliments...Good grief...

Keeping with YOUR hypothetical example if the players are competing on solid ground as opposed to wet slippery ledges, like DUH, of course the swinging deterrent would have to be larger and heavier than a silly stuffed eagle. LMAO!! Now my turn to say..."Good Grief!"

08-06-15, 06:54 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Bu bye Lizlua, hello Chelli"
LAST EDITED ON 08-06-15 AT 04:24 PM (EST)

You're really hanging on to that wet ledge to make your point YET NO ONE SLIPPED OFF the ledges!!!!!

08-06-15, 07:16 AM (EST)
22. "RE: Bu bye Lizlua, hello Chelli"
I proposed the wet ledge and slippery deterrent to explain the mental aspect of the challenge. And by my observation most everyone bowed out of the competition because they mentally checked out.

08-06-15, 04:22 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Bu bye Lizlua, hello Chelli"
But NO ONE said they slipped off. They ALL said that their arms and legs weere killing them so your observations are worthless compared to what the players themselves ACTUALLY said.

And here's the clip about Yul's theory. Jonathan only said that his feet hurt because his were bigger and Yul explained that the body mass increases at a faster rate than surface area. Listen and learn:

http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=survivor+cook+islands+yul+elephant+feet&FORM=HDRSC3#view=detail&mid=10C55AEC44177296A55010C55AEC44177296A550

08-06-15, 06:26 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Bu bye Lizlua, hello Chelli"
I KNEW it was Penner who INITIATED that nonsense. What Yul said would have NEVER ensued had Penner not initiated what I stated in my post. Perhaps YOU should rewatch your link and learn.

08-06-15, 08:17 PM (EST)
30. "RE: Bu bye Lizlua, hello Chelli"
This whole line started when I wrote: "Hanging on a pole for example gives no chance to most men like Yul explained."

You responded by writing: "Actually it was Penner (who always whined and bellyached when things didn’t go his way) in Cook Islands explaining his men vs. women/small vs. tall theory of hanging or standing on a pole/ledge..."

If you could only listen without bias, you would have realized that the explanation came from Yul. Penner really only said that his feet hurt.

CQFD.

08-06-15, 06:41 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Bu bye Lizlua, hello Chelli"
No doubt their arms and legs were feeling the effects of the competition. But I know what I saw, and what I saw when they checked out were competitors getting back up on their feet IMMEDIATELY and walking away with minimal to no lingering effects of a body that physically had nothing left. Like you said in a prior post, there’s $500K on the line. With that said you better be one hurting pup if in fact you had zero left physically, i.e., last season Donnie needing to be literally carried off after a successful POV win. You have no prayer convincing me it wasn’t their minds telling them it was over before their bodies.

08-06-15, 08:37 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Bu bye Lizlua, hello Chelli"
I'm saying the wet ledge had NOTHING to do with it.

Some came off because they didn't want to have anything to do with HOH. Some are typical Americans, too soft to handle pain. Others knew that they couldn't beat James because he had an unfair advantage. Then some like Austin simply never had a chance because of their weight.

08-04-15, 09:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Bu bye Lizlua, hello Chelli"
LAST EDITED ON 08-04-15 AT 11:47 AM (EST)

Yeah, I tried to nip the inevitable "conspiracy" discussion in the bud. It is true that endurance comps are mostly mental, and that reality show producers will not hesitate to do what they can to make a show more interesting, but logistics are real and are a bitch, and ad-libbing a challenge with only a week to do it is just about impossible.

And having a body build that is suited for a specific competition doesn't hurt. The producers probably don't really know what a contestant is ready to sacrifice mentally, but if you look at a line up of what's left of the BB17 cast, James is a standout for that challenge. Jackie lasted a while, not surprisingly. I'm actually surprised that the LV dancer didn't really give James and Shelli more of a run for their money, but I guess that goes back to the mental fortitude of the three.

And you're right, Julia didn't need intuition. Jason had her name after his discussion with Austin, and the only way that Jason could possibly have her name is if Austin told her. So simple deductive reasoning was enough to tell her that Austin spilled the beans, and that now he was back-pedaling, lying, floundering, etc. And Austin is so inept as a liar.

Liz's unwavering defense of Austin in the face of all of that was telling too. Apparently she is developing feelings for him, and her statements to the contrary are either dated or deceptive. Self-deceptive, possibly, but deceptive.

I agree that when it all comes out, I suspect that the sisters' loyalty to each other will prevail, and Austin will lose their votes if it comes to that.

BTW - I would also hesitate to use Probst quotes. His interest is in defending Survivor and CBS, and in sensationalism, especially during the weeks that a season is being broadcast. Not in objective analysis.

08-04-15, 06:42 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Bu bye Lizlua, hello Chelli"
I agree that any predictions Jeff makes to hype an upcoming season I take with a grain of salt. And I don’t put a lot of stock into his “objective analysis.” What I was referencing was statistical facts he shared with the castaways and viewers last season that occurred historically in past seasons. And by no means was my intent to put a feather in his cap...I’m certain those statistical facts were fed to him beforehand.

08-06-15, 04:37 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Bu bye Lizlua, hello Chelli"
According to Jeff, Ben was the first one to ever be disqualified from a challenge when he kicked Swan in Samoa. Yet, half of Chewing Gum was disqualified during Thailand's "Attack zone" challenge. Robbbb, for one, was DQed for strangling Clay. Others were DQed for attacking outside the designated zone.

According to Jeff, Osten was the first quitter, yet BB quit in Borneo when he ASKED for everyone to vote him out.

According to Jeff, RussHell was the first to find an idol without a clue when actually Gary found the first ever idol without seeing a clue. Granted, he saw Judd looking in trees but RussHell also saw Yasmin looking in trees.

According to Jeff, last season was one of the best ever with the greatest winner ever. Not even close...

According to Jeff, production was shocked to hear Jon's Dead granma answer the phone yet Jon himself said he exposed that ploy during his very first casting interview.

The most exciting TC ever is always happening at some point during a season yet none compare to Vanuatu's F7.

According to Jeff, it was the first time that we had ever seen people talking about the vote directly during TC when Kass and Tasha decided between Spencer and J'Tia yet we often saw such whispered instructions. For one, Cochran, Dawn and company whispered their voting decision after Malcolm pulled his idol.

Jeff is full of crap.

08-06-15, 06:45 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Bu bye Lizlua, hello Chelli"
This conversation about Jeff started with the information Production most certainly feed him pertaining to challenges involving competitors being able to handle their own weight and how it was won by men and women equally. All I did was acknowledge that fact. Because you’re unable to dispute that fact you do what you do best and apply your spin to muddy the water with a host of other statements that have absolutely nothing to do with what I originally referenced.

In the 15+ years Jeff has hosted Survivor I’m sure he’s been off with some statements and on the money with others. For the record, some of your “according tos” are not even apple-to-apple comparisons. So you take a statement made by Johnny FP as truth to prove your point pertaining to what Jeff said about a LIE uttered by none other than…Johnny FP? Are you kidding me??? Let me tell ya...you’re a GEM. LMAO!

08-06-15, 08:27 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Bu bye Lizlua, hello Chelli"
Jeff is off whenever he thinks his comments will help sell the present season.

Like Darrah said: " Jon lies but he tells the truth, too."

That information came up during interviews where Jon was asked how he was cast. He explained that the idea came to him after seeing Jenna crying over her missing letters in Borneo and Jenna crying for her letters in Amazon. He came up with the idea of the dead grandma and sold it to the casting department. That's how he got cast and since there is nothing to gain from that, tell me why would he lie? Therefore, production knew that it was a lie yet Probst presented it as if no one knew. Crap.

08-04-15, 08:08 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Bu bye Lizlua, hello Chelli"
Liz didn't defend Austin. She told Vanessa and Clelli that she was aware that Austin was going to talk to Jason about the twin twist.

08-03-15, 05:36 PM (EST)
2. "RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #6"
Aruba, I hope this week convinced you that it is bad to win competitions and that it is even worse to be seen as part of a power couple. Look at the mess Shelli made of her game.

1- Johnny: The guy is playing a great game by simply making friends with everyone, letting others find bigger fish to fry and delivering good DR confessionals.

2- Vanessa: She really should have warned James, Meg and Jackie that she was putting up Jason. They would still have been hurt but they would have understood that Vanessa couldn't trust the snitch. As is, she did good damage control with James even if a Final 7 deal isn't enough. Nothing less than a Final 4 deal is acceptable(unless she could have promised him a date with her mom!)

3- Becky: I was surprised to see James, Meg and Jackie talking strategy in her presence. That means I was underestimating her. It got even better when she showed that she has a working relationship with Clelli. Kingfish calls it being a snitch but I see it differently than what Jason did: Jason snitched on Austin for his own benefit and to get Austin booted. Becky did it to help someone else. I find that more honorable.

4- Liz: I really liked the way she calmed everything down when Vanessa and Clelli told her about their plan to backdoor Austin. If only the trio had talked to her earlier. I also like the fact that she is using Austin's feelings to advance her game. Her final message to Jason was so politically incorrect that it made me laugh.

5- Julia: Like her sister, she doesn't fall for BS and she put Austin in his place when he tried to smoothe things over. Of course, it will be hard for her to convince the others to keep her over her sister so being part of an obvious pair is extremely detrimental.

6- James: I can't put him higher just for winning a competition that was designed for his morphology. He had smaller feet than the other men and more upper body strength than any woman so it was practically given to him. It's hard also to credit him for his nominations since it cements the house's division. In his place, I would have tried to build a bridge with a faction of the 6th Sense alliance. He only talked to Vanessa because she was smart enough to go to him when he should have tried to get more on board. Either get Austin and the twins to go after Clelli or get Clelli to go after Austin and the twins. Now, his HoH reign will turn out to be a Pyrrhic victory.

7- Jackie: Like James and Meg, she decided to play Big Brother in separate alliances. Instead of fuming over Vanessa's decision, she should have asked for an explanation and pretended to understand, even rebuild their alliance. At least, she was less vocal than Meg and she is less threatening than James.

8- Meg: Her friends are getting voted out one after the other but instead of crying about it, she should have used it as a way to advance her own game. So what if Vanessa went after Jason, now is the time to make her an ally, not an enemy.

9- Shelli: She had been playing such a strong game but not the right game. Her lies were so transparent that it was painful to watch. Instead of denying any part in Jason's eviction, she should have explained why they went after him. Instead of winning HOH, she should have stayed in the background because she seemed to be a good manipulator. Wasted talent.

10- Austin: Since he isn't in the house to win the game then I can't really put him any higher, no matter what happens. I hope for his sake that he can find a way to Liz's heart once their game is over, otherwise it will have been quite a waste. At least he is entertaining.

11- Steve: What is he doing exactly in this game? Nothing really. I hope that the others don't lose sight of him.

12- Clay: I swear I could hear echo in his head when Meg confronted him. "What should I say, say, say?" he asked himself and it reverberated inside his empty skull. Austin said it best: He got hit a few too many times. The montage showing him mumbling unintelligibly was very amusing.

Jason: I'm glad to see him go. Some liked his DR confessionals but I thought he was much too fake to enjoy them. Like when he acted all street tough when that "b*tch" Vanessa nominated him. The snitch wanted to get Austin booted so I saw it as poetic justice that he walked out the door.

08-03-15, 09:42 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #6"
LAST EDITED ON 08-03-15 AT 09:53 PM (EST)

Michel, I hope this week convinces you the high risk of putting your fate in someone else’s hands. Shelli made a mess of her game because she was inexcusably gullible to make that deal with James. OH, but the WHOLE HOUSE heard the deal go down so that etches it in stone! LOL. You’re right…what a mess she made for herself!

Winning HOH wasn’t the waste, but using her reign to evict Audrey was the waste. Had she stayed on course and evicted Jason that week followed by Vanessa’s HOH the following week, her situation is tremendously better.

Oh my, Liz and Julia are sisters making this “obvious pair” extremely detrimental. It would be as detrimental as an obvious pair of Father/Daughter. Hey wait, didn’t BOTH make the Finals? Oh yeah, that’s right, I forgot, that was a conspiracy.

So Becky’s primary motives are not to further her OWN game? She’s a snitch first and foremost to “honorably” further someone else’s game more than her own?? If I truly believed that, then I’m even more gullible than Shelli was in the HOH competition.

08-03-15, 10:18 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #6"
Shelli made that deal because she knew she couldn't last much longer. Anyway, do you think her alliance could have swept ALL the comps? Playing to win competitions simply doesn't work. Even if she had played the way you propose, she would have gone on the block sooner or later.

There was obvious production interfence during D*ck's season. First of all, that was the season where we had "America's player" which completely altered the course of the game. Secondly, the Live feeds showed players after players vowing one minute to evict D*ck then change their mind after being asked to the DR.

Anyway, D*ck and Danielle were both considered goats. That certainly ISN'T the way to play the game. I find it absurd that you consider D*ck as an example of playing the right way. He was entertaining, that's for sure but not a good player at all. Danielle was even worse.

Becky wasn't in danger so her actions weren't as self-serving as Jason's. For me, a snitch is someone who wants to harm someone, get someone in trouble, by telling on him. That certainly wasn't what Becky did.

08-04-15, 06:23 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #6"
Whether you want to call the actions snitching or “honorable,” every HG’s actions are “self-serving.” My contention is what Jason, Becky or everyone in the House does is for their OWN game first and foremost.

With all the water and other slop tossed their way the ledge they were standing on had to be very slippery. Anyone could have slipped off at any time which is all the more reason to hang on until you mentally and physically are unable to. Shelli called it quits prematurely to strike a “deal” with James, and is now fighting for her life because of it.

When did I consider “D!ck as an example of playing the right way???” Another one of your spins that inaccurately put words in my mouth. I only brought up D!ck/Danielle because they were an obvious pair who made the Finals and won that season.

Sure, practically everyone goes on the block sooner or later whether they’re obvious pairs or not. It happened to D!ck and Danielle the same week, not once, but twice before the halfway point of the season. Yet Danielle and D!ck each won POVs when they were both on the block. As a matter of fact, practically every week that season a competition was won by either Father/Daughter. You see, that’s what proactively controlling your fate can do. Had they not WON those POVs and the noms stayed the same, then the obvious pair gets broken up and someone is sent home regardless of any so-called DR interference.

America’s Player was ONE vote; D!ck had much more than one tally each voting session to advance and eventually win the season.

But now I guess you’ll say each and every competition was rigged for D!ck and Danielle to win on a weekly basis. And all non-America’s votes casted for D!ck’s benefit were forced upon all the HGs. Yeah, the whole season was a conspiracy.

Hey, while we’re at it why not acknowledge JFK was assassinated by a second gunman in the grassy knoll; the Apollo 11 lunar mission never landed on the moon—it was staged in a studio in the USA; autopsies were performed on little green men in Roswell, NM; and somewhere in France the bloodline of Jesus Christ and Mary Magdalene is alive and well!

You know you’re right...it is a lot more fun when we disagree. HaHa.

08-04-15, 08:41 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #6"
LAST EDITED ON 08-04-15 AT 08:44 PM (EST)

"When did I consider “D!ck as an example of playing the right way???” Another one of your spins that inaccurately put words in my mouth. I only brought up D!ck/Danielle because they were an obvious pair who made the Finals and won that season."

I absolutely want to make it clear that I wasn't putting words in your mouth so read this carefully: A part of my theory about playing this game is to avoid being seen as an obvious pair. You replied by saying that being seen as a pair isn't that bad BECAUSE D*ck and Danielle both made it to the finals. That, to me, means that you see their way of playing as an acceptable EXAMPLE of playing the game. What else could it possibly mean????

For me, playing BB (and Survivor) can be compared to walking through a minefield. You don't know where the mines are but you have to make it through anyway. Every argument, every display of challenge prowess, every episode of bad behaviour like laziness or over-eating adds mines to your field. The smart players know how to reduce the numbers of mine and can therefore have a greater chance of winning.

D*ck kept on adding mines to his field and he walked across that field completely carelessly yet, almost miraculously, he made it through. It worked ONCE BUT I wouldn't use ANYTHING he did that season, including being in a pair with Danielle as an example of how to play the game.

Besides that, if I remember, that pair worked mostly because Danielle couldn't stand her father, leading many to believe, at least early on, that they weren't a pair!!! So even your example is flawed.

"Yet Danielle and D!ck each won POVs when they were both on the block."

So what? First of all, it only happened twice (weeks 2 and 6) and secondly, while one saved himself, the other should still have been evicted. That's where the DR influence and "America's player" came in, making sure that Joe and Dustin left instead.

BTW, I don't mess with historical facts. I limit my criticism to so-called "reality" TV which to me, is not real at all. Jeff, Burnett, Julie and the rest aren't really interested in their social experiments. They are first and foremost interested in making money. They can't leave it all to the players so they interfere during DRs and confessionals, they change the rules, they keep the rules secret, etc...

PS. As for the Becky argument, see my reply to Kingfish below. It explains my position clearly.

08-06-15, 06:16 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #6"
For me it's not primarily about the "right" way or the "wrong" way to play. I have always contested there's no be all and end all approach to winning BB. It's always been about proactively taking matters in your own hands and controlling your own fate as directly as possible.

Personally I think D!ck is a despicable individual, yet he proactively played the game as strongly as one can.

D!ck/Danielle was one of SEVERAL examples I presented to dispute obvious pairs are not as detrimental as you make them. Sure some failed, but several others didn't. The reason I've focused on that pair in my last few posts is because of the conspiracy card you play with them.

I suppose if you didn't play that card you'd have to acknowledge the obvious that they owned the competitions that season like no other pair did in this game. That's the main reason they made the Finals and D!ck eventually won. But being you distain that approach, you'll never accept that.

Yes, personally D!ck and Danielle had an estranged relationship, but Danielle made it very clear she would never vote out her father. And when D!ck won POV he didn't use it on himself, he used it to take Danielle off the block. From a "game playing" standpoint a pair doesn't get more tighter than that.

Kingfish is right...Becky's snitching and she's floundering. When Jackie snitched on Austin you heralded it as a good play on her part, yet when Jason snitched on Austin he was throwing him in a shark tank. The difference is you like Jackie more than you like Jason. And explaining your position on Becky you obviously like Becky more than Jason as well.

08-06-15, 04:51 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #6"
LAST EDITED ON 08-06-15 AT 05:07 PM (EST)

There certainly is a better way to play this game. Will, Dan and Derrick showed it. None won comps. Shelli is likely leaving tonight because she won competitions and because, like James said, she is never going to vote against Caly. She proactively played the game yet she's lost. James will soon follow!

I kept the D*ck/Danielle example because that is the only one that made it through the game. The other members of pairs that made it to the end had been the lesser partner, the one that looked too dumb to matter so the others forgot about them after the big threat left.

I explained the difference between Becky's actions and Jason's. Now, if you want to talk about Jackie, I'll say that the difference was that Austin was trying to use Jackie to his advantage and he was threatening her. So, wisely, she turned the tables on him. Austin was being honest with Jason. There were no threats made. That's the difference, not my personal preference. But yes, it not hard to prefer an honest woman like Jackie over a crybaby liar like Jason.

08-06-15, 06:32 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #6"
COOOOME OOOON...Austin was not “threatening” Jackie. He even stated in the DR with Jeff evicted he thought it would be a smart play to explore options with Jackie as a “free agent.” It would have been a good idea had Jackie not went off and snitched to his alliance.

08-06-15, 08:29 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #6"
So, "You could go on the block" isn't a threat? That's a new spin on things...

08-04-15, 11:00 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #6"
LAST EDITED ON 08-04-15 AT 12:41 PM (EST)

Becky did snitch. All's fair in BB, and sometimes snitching can be a correct strategy. But it's risky. The party being snitched on will certainly resent being snitched on, and the party receiving the information can lower their estimation of the snitcher too. Snitchers in an alliance are likely to be relegated to a lower rung, and first out if it comes to that.

It's risky, and IMO a poor strategy under most circumstances.

I was also surprised that James, Meg, and Jackie discussed that with in their presence, although from what we've seen (me anyway)she hasn't shown to be absolutely under the spell of Clelli, so they (J, M, & J) obviously thought she was in their camp.

I was actually more surprised that she immediately (it seemed) went and told Clay and Shelli about the plan to BD them. She didn't really think that out very well. Thus my lower rating.

She's floundering.

08-04-15, 04:50 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #6"
In my opinion, being a snitch is awful but it only applies if you do it to harm someone. You need to define it this way or else anything that is repeated would be snitching. Consider this analogy: Jason tried to throw Austin in a tank full of sharks. Becky offered to pull Clelli out of that tank. Those can't be considered equal gestures.

Becky's warning couldn't hurt James and his gang since they were in power but it could have helped Clelli which in turn could have been useful to Becky herself. Yes, it could have turned against Becky if Clelli had snitched but they didn't. No harm, no foul.

Thus my higher rankings.

08-05-15, 09:25 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #6"
I don't think we're very far apart here, so I probably shouldn't reply, but I'm idle at the moment, so here goes.

I don't really like snitches either, but just to be clear, on BB it's not a moral thing, it's just a tool to consider using if it's to your advantage.

But the information better be really beneficial, because it's a dangerous tool, and most often will backfire on a less than able snitcher. The snitchee will certainly resent the snitcher, and the person getting the information may lower their trust in the snitch simply because they know the snitch can be a snitch. Lose Lose.

There's probably a more neutral term for snitching, but I kinda like that.

So, if they perceive that Becky snitched on their plans, she will be in trouble with the "Other side of the house" members. And they do have an indication that she did - Clelli confronted James to see if they were being considered for eviction in spite of James's promise. Somehow, when Clelli should have felt comfortable, they weren't. Someone ratted the "Other Side of the House out".

Even if they survive, Clelli would know that Becky is capable of snitching, and with the paranoia level in the house, that will hurt her with them.

So whether or not tattle telling will hurt her game is the only useful basis for judgment of that, and IMO odds are that it is more likely to hurt rather than help Becky's game.

That there are bigger fish to fry, even after the Chelli ouster is accomplished, is her saving grace.

08-05-15, 04:39 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #6"
"There's probably a more neutral term for snitching..."

As it often does, it all comes down to semantics, doesn't it?!

Snitch, for me is evil, it reminds me of collaborators during wartime, people selling out their neighbors to the opposition.

Maybe we could say that Becky spied on James, Meg and Jackie! They really have only themselves to blame for letting her in on the plan. Austin was opening up to Jason, trying to find a way to work together to save Liz. Using that against him was evil and jason got what he deserved.

08-06-15, 06:49 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #6"
LAST EDITED ON 08-06-15 AT 07:05 AM (EST)

The neutral term (more specifically MY term) for snitching is being an informant. And IMO the primary motive most all snitches have for snitching (informing) is to improve or further their OWN position.

The side effect of snitching can be harmful to others as Michel accurately stated, but keeping with my definition of "snitch" as an "informer," Becky, Jason, and Jackie have all "snitched" in this game...as well as others to further their OWN positions.

08-08-15, 08:23 AM (EST)
34. "RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #6"
And then there's the kind of snitching where you sit in on a conversation about a plot pretending to be one with the plotters, then immediately afterward go upstairs to the party against whom the plot was made, and breathlessly inform them of the plot.

That could be called informing, ratting your friends out, spilling the beans, but Snitching is perfectly descriptive.

Motive? No one was inside Becky's head, so no one really knows what motivated her. But it appeared to me that it was simply to win the approval of Clay and Shelli, which at that time, since it was apparent that they were going up on the block, was very ill-advised. It really didn't gain her any advantage, nor should she have reasonably expected it to.

Fortunately, things seem to be working out for her, and maybe recent decisions she's making are winning back some approval from the Freaks and whatever alliance.

But she did snitch. With all the associated negative connotations of the term.

08-08-15, 10:45 AM (EST)
35. "RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #6"

>That could be called informing, ratting
>your friends out, spilling the
>beans, but Snitching is perfectly
>descriptive.
>But she did snitch. With all
>the associated negative connotations of
>the term.

By diluting the term, yes, it loses most of its significance. At its extreme, snitches sold out Jews to the Gestapo. Therefore it has much more negative connotations, I think, than "spilling the beans". If I were to reveal here the latest HOH winner that would be "spilling the beans" but certainly NOT "Snitching".

>Fortunately, things seem to be working
>out for her...

Which pretty much negates your whole argument!

08-08-15, 11:55 AM (EST)
36. "RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #6"
>Fortunately, things seem to be working
>out for her...

Which pretty much negates your whole argument!

WTF?

That a snitch can possibly escape the consequence's of her snitching would negate an argument?

You're missing a much broader point.

08-08-15, 01:48 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #6"
Results matter much more than possibilities! You may think I am missing a point, but I think you are missing facts.

I'd even say that it was because Becky WASN'T considered a snitch that it didn't hurt her AT ALL. She didn't sell out anyone so no one was angry with her.

08-10-15, 08:56 AM (EST)
38. "RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #6"

Regardless of the outcome and of the consequences or lack thereof, she did run upstairs and spill the beans. She ratted out the Freaks and Geeks. The fact that you seem to be ignoring is that she DID snitch.

08-10-15, 06:14 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Love/Loathe List BB17 #6"
Like I wrote to Aruba: People do not snitch ON the authorities, they snitch TO the authorities. It’s a crucial difference, the point that makes snitches despicable.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •