The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Stupid Twist"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-13-12, 05:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Stupid Twist"
The producers don't seem to be able to add: By creating teams of 3 and having 1 eliminated right off the bat, 5they have created a situation where the other 2 players on that team are suddenly prime candidates to get nominated. If I were the HOH this week, I'd tell myself: Dan's team is already down 1. If I get rid of one more then he only has 1 player left to come after me.

The "eliminate-one-immediately" twist would have worked better with teams of 4.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Stupid Twist Outfrontgirl 07-14-12 1
 Stupid Twist #2 michel 07-16-12 2
   RE: Stupid Twist #2 Estee 07-16-12 3
       RE: Stupid Twist #2 michel 07-16-12 4
           RE: Stupid Twist #2 Round Robin 07-17-12 5
               RE: Stupid Twist #2 michel 07-17-12 6
                   RE: Stupid Twist #2 suzzee 07-18-12 7
 Stupid Twist #3 Aruba 07-20-12 8
   RE: Stupid Twist #3 Estee 07-20-12 9
       RE: Stupid Twist #3 Aruba 07-20-12 10
           RE: Stupid Twist #3 michel 07-21-12 11
               RE: Stupid Twist #3 Aruba 07-22-12 12
                   RE: Stupid Twist #3 michel 07-22-12 13
                       RE: Stupid Twist #3 Aruba 07-22-12 14
                           RE: Stupid Twist #3 michel 07-22-12 15
                               RE: Stupid Twist #3 Aruba 07-23-12 16
                                   RE: Stupid Twist #3 michel 07-23-12 18
                                       RE: Stupid Twist #3 Aruba 07-24-12 20
                                           RE: Stupid Twist #3 michel 07-24-12 22
                                               RE: Stupid Twist #3 Aruba 07-27-12 24
               RE: Stupid Twist #3 Aruba 07-23-12 17
                   RE: Stupid Twist #3 michel 07-23-12 19
                       RE: Stupid Twist #3 Aruba 07-24-12 21
                           RE: Stupid Twist #3 michel 07-24-12 23
                               RE: Stupid Twist #3 Aruba 07-27-12 25
                                   RE: Stupid Twist #3 michel 07-28-12 26
 The Stupid Twist That Explains the ... michel 07-28-12 27

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Outfrontgirl 6830 desperate attention whore postings

07-14-12, 01:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Outfrontgirl Click to send private message to Outfrontgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Stupid Twist"
I could see that, OTOH they may ignore the weak, and the girls may be leery of solidifying a gender balance. His girls aren't threatening. If a different team had lost I could see that.

Well, it's Big Brother, so I never bet on what they will do.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

07-16-12, 07:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Stupid Twist #2"
As if the first wasn't bad enough now the mentors will save someone every week. That means that Malin could potentially win all the mentors' competition and save Ian until the end. Stupid.

Estee 55193 desperate attention whore postings

07-16-12, 12:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Stupid Twist #2"
That feels like a twist which can't go too far into the game -- and under the other rules, can never go all the way because eventually you wind up with a situation where there's one person left to nominate. I think it'll expire pretty early into the jury stage.

07-16-12, 05:01 PM (EST)
4. "RE: Stupid Twist #2"
I wonder because Chen seemed to say it was the way the Have-Have not comps would go for the whole year. Still, someone could get a free ride to the jury without lifting a finger.

Since Ian is the one that profitted from it first it makes the twist even worse! What a dumbass. To think I might have to see his sorry ass instead of looking at a Playmate of the Year is sad.

Round Robin 2243 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

07-17-12, 02:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Stupid Twist #2"
Chenbot had to say that because if it's a short term twist the rats don't want the hamsters to know that for sure till it's time for the change. But experienced BB viewers know that many of these twists have been lifted before the jury started to form, and the twists in BB14 may be no different.

07-17-12, 08:32 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Stupid Twist #2"
That's giving them too much credit. Most of those twists were meant to be season long but they realized how dumb they were so they remove them.

suzzee 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-18-12, 11:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail suzzee Click to send private message to suzzee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Stupid Twist #2"
Stupid twists? It's a SeeBS thing

Who's idea was this anyway?

Aruba 1891 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

07-20-12, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Stupid Twist #3"
I'm pretty certain we'll be continuing this thread throughout the rest of the season. And it keeps going on with the newest twist being the Coach's Competition winner allowed to swap out one of it's players.

Actually it's more of a "skewed" twist as opposed to a "stupid" twist with Britney being the only Coach who would have any reason to use it (to obviously cut Willie loose.) Howabout we rename it to "Let's give Britney a better chance" Twist.

It will be interesting what kind of competition it will be. CBS has been notorious for devising some pretty ridiculous and lame challenges that would even give a deaf, dumb, and blind paraplegic a sporting chance. If such a challange is setup up for the Coaches this week, then I'll definitely smell a rat.

Estee 55193 desperate attention whore postings

07-20-12, 12:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Stupid Twist #3"
The scariest part may be that I saw this one coming: as soon as the 'teams for the rest of the summer' announcement was made, I was looking for the producers to weasel out of this. The next step up would be 'steal a player': no swap, just take one -- a last resort for saving (currently) Dan. But that's a Diamond Veto/Coup level of game destruction, so figure it'll wait at least a week.

The other mentors will likely realize that Britney's the only one who can really benefit from this right now, unless Dan plays Discard And Draw. So they'll be teaming up against her in the Coach's Challenge to avoid getting a fatal case of Hantz. But Britney's challenge-weak to begin with, there's no way we're looking at two quizzes in a row... How would you design a challenge for Britney? Best spontaneous sarcasm? Most success at ordering the rats around? Highest number of residences which have been on fire?

Tricky.

07-20-12, 01:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aruba Click to send private message to Aruba Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Stupid Twist #3"
The only Coach who may try to purposely block Britney might be Bogie because he has no game incentive to win with Frank as HOH. Although I think he will try to get the victory so he can continue to cement his personal claim as the greatest BB HG ever.

I don't think the other Coaches will team up against Britney because, despite this skewed twist, they would still want to win the challenge for themselves to give immunity to one of their players.

I doubt you can design a competition specifically for challenge-inept Britney, but what you could do is create a competition where nothing more than dumba$$ luck would prevail. It wouldn't necessarily give her an "advantage" but it would put her on a level playing field with the others and give her a shot.

07-21-12, 03:49 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Stupid Twist #3"
First, Hi Aruba! It's been a while!
Now, as for:

"I doubt you can design a competition specifically for challenge-inept Britney"

Do not underestimate the producers' creativity: They could design a challenge where her smaller hands would be an advantage. Think of Pearl islands F5 where Darah won. There's also balance beam or stand on a tiny perch that would help her.

Pretty telling that we are in week 2 and already have 3 stupid twists and that's not even counting the stupidity of bringing back players that can't compete. That could have only been designed to draw ratings and yet ratings are lower than ever!!!

07-22-12, 07:45 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Stupid Twist #3"
Hi Michel! Nice seeing ya again.

Very few posters dislike bringing back returning players as much as I, but actually I'm semi-cool with the Coach/Mentor idea so long as none of them go into the game as players. And they do get to complete...even if it's only against each other.

If memory served me correct I believe the F4 HOH Competition in Britney's season involved trying to navigate Christmas ornaments through an obstacle where smaller hands/fingers would be an advantage and she still failed miserably.

I suppose you're right that Production could devise something to try to give Britney an advantage so it's not their "creativity" I would underestimate...it would be their ability to whip up something that unique on just a day or two notice. But with Bogie, Janelle, and Dan you have above average challenge competitors who I think would beat Britney even if they did bring out a balance beam or small perch.

I'm not surprised the ratings are the lowest ever. Every season you have at least a handful of HGs who are very good challenge competitors. This season you really only have Shane and Frank. The rest of the hamsters this year are social butterflies and/or drama queens/kings. Clearly a recipe for disaster.
Sure viewers like drama, but at the end of the day BB fans want to see a game being played where the best competitors emerge victorious.

As for your Pearl Island exmple:
That challenge was designed more to eliminate Burton whose burly arm was unable to slide down into the canister to retreive the balls. The other four Survivors had no problem reaching down. Darah emerged with the victory because, once Burton was eliminated, she was competing against IMO the most pathetic and inept F3 in Survivor history with Fairplay, Sandra, and Lil.

07-22-12, 12:19 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Stupid Twist #3"
>I'm semi-cool
>with the Coach/Mentor idea so
>long as none of them
>go into the game as
>players. And they do get
>to complete...even if it's only
>against each other.

The problem I have with it was illustrated by Kara being targeted only because she was Dan's player. It robs the players of their own game.

>If memory served me correct I
>believe the F4 HOH Competition
>in Britney's season involved trying
>to navigate Christmas ornaments through
>an obstacle where smaller hands/fingers
>would be an advantage and
>she still failed miserably.

If you say so. I have very little recollection of past BB season. If Survivor is my "filet mignon" then BB is little more than bubble gum.

>But with Bogie, Janelle, and
>Dan you have above average
>challenge competitors who I think
>would beat Britney even if
>they did bring out a
>balance beam or small perch.

Being a few days away from the Olympics, I have to object at calling Dan, Boogie and Janelle good competitors. They are all poor athletes, only winning because the BB challenges are mostly mickey mouse competitions.

>I'm not surprised the ratings are
>the lowest ever. Every season
>you have at least a
>handful of HGs who are
>very good challenge competitors,
>...atthe end of the day
>BB fans want to see
>a game being played where
>the best competitors emerge victorious.

I serioulsy doubt that viewers watch for the competitions. If they do then I wonder what they expect from them. Take the burglar quizz; how dumb was that? The social game is the only game worth watching.

07-22-12, 06:35 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Stupid Twist #3"

>The problem I have with it
>was illustrated by Kara being
>targeted only because she was
>Dan's player. It robs the
>players of their own game.

The reason Kara was targeted was because they were a player down. And why were they a player down? Because EVERY ONE OF THEM sucked in the first challenge. They knew the consequences for finishing last...and they STILL finished last. No robbery here...Jodi and Kara made their own beds on this one.

>If you say so. I have
>very little recollection of past
>BB season. If Survivor is
>my "filet mignon" then BB
>is little more than bubble
>gum.

Pretty good analogy. Athough I DESPISE gum so if BB was "bubble gum" I wouldn't be watching it. For me I would say Filet Mignon vs. the "mystery meat" I used to get in my HS cafeteria every Wednesday.

>Being a few days away from
>the Olympics, I have to
>object at calling Dan, Boogie
>and Janelle good competitors. They
>are all poor athletes, only
>winning because the BB challenges
>are mostly mickey mouse competitions.

Well naturally compared to the Olympic Games any Reality Show competition would be regarded as "Mickey Mouse." But several of the challenges do require physical skill and athleticism and Bogie, Janelle and Dan have historically held their own.

>I serioulsy doubt that viewers watch
>for the competitions. If they
>do then I wonder what
>they expect from them. Take
>the burglar quizz; how dumb
>was that? The social game
>is the only game worth
>watching.

I don't. Man has always had a passion to watch competition. Bottomline: If they removed challenges and competitions from Reality Shows, every one of them would go off the air.
That being said I agree the Burglar quiz was silly; actually most of your Q&A contests are lame. I'm glad they're all not like that.

07-22-12, 07:20 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Stupid Twist #3"
"The reason Kara was targeted was because they were a player down"

Doesn't change my objection: They were a player down because they were on a team with coaches in the first place. Remove the coachs' twist and Kara isn't part of a team so she isn't targeted. Anyway, Kara was the best of the three so I wouldn't say she deserved it.

"Mystery meat": LOL!

I'm not comparing BB challenges to the Olympics, only considering that the Olympics are around the corner so we should relax on the "good competitor" comparisons.

What I would do is compare BB's challenges to Survivor's and The Amazing Race's. BB's fall miles short of both. As lame as some of the Survivor challenges are, very few are as bad as BB while TAR has some of THE best challenges on Reality TV. They are often linked to the local culture and force the contestants to think, to decipher clues or confront fears.

I'm not saying BB should remove their challenges, I'm saying they should get challenging challenges. Pretty straightforward demand, no?

PS. I'm surprised you don't watch the Amazing Race: It isn't about the social game but all about competition.

07-23-12, 06:52 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Stupid Twist #3"
It was her lack of "social game" with ALL the HGs that got Kara evicted. Joe cited that specifically in his good-bye message. All she needed was a 4-4 tie and Willie would have sent Frank packing when he would have broken the tie. Hey, if Joe looked like Shane I'm POSITIVE Kara would have spent more time to get to know Joe and would still be in the House today. So yes, it IS her fault.

The main reason I don't watch TAR is because it's on opposite NFL Sunday Night Football. Whereas I don't mind going online and catching an episode or two I missed after the actual telecast, I'm not going to do that for the WHOLE season.

In recent years they've been vintage CBS and brought back former players to play again...and you KNOW how I feel about returning players. As a matter of fact if/when they decide to bring the Coaches into the game as HGs, I'll stop watching BB this season.

I couldn't tell you which season it was but the only Amazing Race season I watched with any regularity was the one with that annoying woman with her pygmie-like dwarf relative who was equally annoying. Perhaps this was just my observation but I felt Production was trying to go so far out of the way to level the playing field with her in terms of competitions, many were skewed to her advantage based on her unique stature leaving a bad taste in my mouth about the show. Whereas they didn't win I believe they made it to the Finals.

07-23-12, 05:17 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Stupid Twist #3"
Wow! You need to hit the reboot button because this is how it went down: Britney and Janelle decided to team up against Dan and Boogie. They went to talk with Willie and convinced him to "put up one of Dan's players and one of Boogie's." Britney then asked: "Who does Dan not want to lose? Kara! You need to nominate Kara."
There you have it. Simple really just like I said: Kara was targeted because she was on Dan's team.

I don't give a crap about Joe's excuse. Everyone comes up with a justification for their votes but his is lame: If she didn't talk to him guess that means he didn't talk to her either. Even if it became a factor in her eviction, it wasn't her social game that put the target on her in the first place as I've shown you.

Now, if because of a personal vendetta against her, you still refuse to see the obvious, well I can't do anything about that.

07-24-12, 06:05 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Stupid Twist #3"
I'm not talking about nominations; I'm talking about the vote for eviction. So no need to "hit the reboot button." I'm sure being on Dan's team was a factor in Kara getting nominated. But guess what, being on Boogie's team was a factor in Frank getting nominated as well.
There you have it. Simple really just like I said: Frank was targeted because he was on Boogie's team.

Actually Frank had the task of having to need an outright win with a minimum of five votes to stay. Kara only had to "cover the spread" because a 4-4 tie and Willie sends Frank out of the House, but Frank worked hard to stay in the game.

You may not "give a crap" about Joe and Kara not getting to know each other in the House, but it was a factor. And even if Joe didn't make any effort himself to get to know Kara...why the heck would he need to in week one??? He was not on the nomination block. He was not at risk of walking out the door. Kara was...and now she's out of the House.

07-24-12, 08:34 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Stupid Twist #3"
The thing is, we were arguing about this sentence that I wrote: "The problem I have with it (the mentor twist) was illustrated by Kara being targeted only because she was Dan's player. It robs the players of their own game."

So we were clearly talking about nominations.

Frank also was targeted for being Boogie's player, I don't argue against that because it also illustrates why I hate that twist.

You want to know why Joe should have talked to Kara in week 1? How about giving himself more options? If you want to win a game like this, you got to have options and, in week 1, you don't know which option will work best. Therefore, a smart player talks to EVERYONE! Simple really.

PS. The main reason why Kara was voted out wasn't her social game: The House decided to stick it to Willie by keeping his rival. That's something Kara couldn't control so being nominated killed her.

07-27-12, 07:23 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Stupid Twist #3"
Being nominated is a necessary evil for BB HGs. OK, perhaps in the archives of BB history you may find very, very, VERY rare examples where a HG was never nominated during their season if one even exists (and I'm not counting those who were expelled, i.e. Willie.) But for the most part an overwhelming number of HGs experience nominations. Some sooner than others; some more often than others; and the reasons they are nominated will vary. If you want to say that Kara was a "victim of circumstance" by being on Dan's team, I can accurately state that Shane was ALSO a "victim of circumstance" by being on Willie's team.

How they handle it and what they do to try to survive is mostly on them. They can escape eviction by:

A) Winning POV. By taking matters into their OWN hands and controlling their OWN fate they win POV and take themselves off the block. This is PRECISELY what Shane did successfully and he remains in the House. Kara failed to take control of her fate with this option, so them she needed to go to Plan B.

B) Social Game. Get to know and try to get in good with as many HGs as possible to secure the necessary votes to stay in the game. Kara did not, thus she is accountable for her own eviction.

I agree that losing the first competition put Jodi, Kara, and Danielle is a bad situation due largely to the first stupid twist of the season. But if I'm going to throw even a morsal of credit Production's way, at least they advised ALL the teams what was at stake and the consequences of finishing last BEFORE the competition commenced. With that knowledge in mind they STILL performed miserably and finished last. So Jodi, Kara, and Danielle can all hold themselves accountable.

Sure it would be advisable for Joe, and every HG for that matter, to get to know everyone they're sharing the House with. But you failed to see the key word in my statement--NEED. Joe did not NEED to know everyone in Week One because he was not at risk. Kara, with one foot out the door, did. It was a blunder on her part or for anyone who would be in her similar situation.

07-23-12, 01:00 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Stupid Twist #3"
"There's also balance beam or stand on a tiny perch that would help her."}

MAJOR props to you for calling this shot. Although I feel it was the special pants moreso than the balance beam that gave Britny the advantage.

But in the end...Pathetically inept is as pathetically inept does.

Gotta pick your brain on this one. Once Britney was out, there was no incentive for Boogie to win that competition. With Frank as HOH no one on his team will be nominated and he is untouchable with any potential swap. So with no benefit to gain from winning the competition, why put himself in a position to have to wear the Black Hat and select four HGs to be Have-nots? On the other hand his desire to be the most dominate HG ever would drive him to want to win the competition putting him between a rock and a hard place.

By being the first to stack his money he could "unofficially" deem himself the winner of the competition; but by "accidentally" stepping off the beam before he rang in he would not officially be declared the winner and not have to name have-nots. The best of both worlds in his mind.

Now those who hate Malin will say his "showboating" cost him the win. Don't get me wrong, personally I think he's a douchbag as a person' but he's a savvy enough BB player to pull off what I suggested. Personally I am not a fan of throwing competitions,. but if you are going to do it, do so in a manner where no one would suspect you're tanking.

Any thoughts???

07-23-12, 05:30 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Stupid Twist #3"
Production always want their twists to work so, when it became obvious only Britney would use the swap, they had to find a way to help her along. That's "Reality" TV for ya!

(Pandora's box will always be opened because they will always find a way to entice the HOH to open it. 5 grand not enough? How about 10? No? 20? No? How about we find a way to put you on the block next week if you don't open it?)

As for Malin, I believe he was too dumb to figure it out. Dr Will was the brain in that duo. His team had HoH but he wanted more power and no surprises. Saving Ian last week created all the drama so he wanted to avoid the surprises.

The biggest hint I have that he didn't throw it: He hit the button 3 or 4 times, expecting it would ring and make him the winner. He's not a good enough actor to have thought of that.

07-24-12, 06:12 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Stupid Twist #3"
If Boogie did not want to win the challenge (and it made perfect sense for him not to) it had nothing to do with intelligence (or lack of it) and acting skills, but had everything to do with being sly and shrewd. And they don't come much more sly and shrewd than Boogie.

Listen, as an individual I think Malin is a major league douchbag, but as a BB player I think he's a savvy and smart gamer.

Whatever you wish to believe, NOT winning the Coach's challenge couldn't have worked out any better for him. Janelle had to do the dirty deed of selecting the have-nots for the week. And after a Have-not was in the DR referring to Janelle as a "B!tch," Boogie went into the same DR with Frank to comically gloat.

07-24-12, 08:43 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Stupid Twist #3"
Look, you asked to pick my brains so I gave you my thoughts. I'm not trying to convince you here, just saying what I believe.

I'll ask you this: If Boogie threw that competition, don't you think he would have had one of those DR sessions telling us exactly why he did it?

As for Malin being a savvy player, I never really saw it. In All-Star, he benefitted from the House being too stupid to break up Chilltown (Kayser has to be one of the dumbest players ever) and then Janelle and what's-her-name falling for the showmance Will fabricated for both. Boogie was Will's tag-along and, if Will had wanted to win that season, Malin wouldn't have stood a chance.

07-27-12, 07:34 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Stupid Twist #3"
I agree Will is a better player than Boogie. Most people would think the same way which made it smart to align with Will.

In Week One we heard Boogie explain to Shane the importance of keeping a big target in the House and close to you. The longer they stay in the House, the more weeks you can use them as a "bulletproof vest" for yourself. In BB All-Stars with a F4 alliance of Will, Janelle, Boogie, and Erika (that was the name of the skank you forgot) Boogie had not one but TWO bigger targets close to him (i.e. Will and Janelle)...a factor that contributed to his win.

But just because Will was a better social HG, it doesn't mean that Boogie was not a solid player. I'm going from memory but I believe he won 4 or 5 competitions that season AND he won the coup d'etet by correctly solving the phrase, "You reap what you sow" allowing Boogie and his alliance to hold considerable power for a three-week period. Based on these facts I would say Boogie MORE than pulled his weight in the Chilltown alliance enroute to his BB All-Star victory.

On a final note...if you HONESTLY believe Will did not want to win BB All-Stars, I have a bridge about 20 miles from my home (Brooklyn, NY) I'd like to sell you!
HaHaHaHaHa!!!

07-28-12, 12:51 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Stupid Twist #3"
What I KNOW is that Will did not want to eliminate Boogie. That's not how he played when he won. He tried to get them both to the end and that compromised his own game.

07-28-12, 01:07 PM (EST)
27. "The Stupid Twist That Explains the Others:"
Yes, the newest stupid twist, the coaches returning to the game, explains all the other stupididty we have seen thus far.

By adding 4 players to the game, production needed a way to reduce the numbers at the start: Eliminating one after the first competition did that. One can also say that throwing out Willie worked perfectly so I wonder if his DR sessions served to stoke his anger instead of cooling him down.

Then, by having a coach "save" a player each week, you gave them an opportunity to gain more trust. Malin and Janelle can go to Ian and Ashley saying: "I saved you once, you owe me." It can't hurt to have that trust since the game is all about trust. Malin was never going to be able to save Ian all the way to the end because that Coach's competition was only meant to last 3 weeks.

Next the trade offer was really a way for a coach to get rid of one player that didn't trust them. Maybe the new coach would be able to get that player in line.

The goal of these twists is obvious: Find a way for the newbies to work with the Coaches when they become players so that a coach will eventually wind up in the Finals.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •