The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Pathetic."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Big Brother Bashers Forum (Protected)
Original message

Jims02 7328 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-13-06, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Pathetic."
LAST EDITED ON 09-13-06 AT 11:06 AM (EST)

That finale sucked. Big time. Yeah, it wasn't the greatest thing to see Boogie walk away with 500K, because, you know, all that guy needs is more disposable income.

...But the whole finale was pathetic. And it had very little to do with Boogie and Erika. If you want to complain about that, HD's got a great thread going. I've sat through terrible F2's before, like Vecepia vs. Neleh (Survivor4) and the recent Maggie vs. Ivette. And, as my memory serves, those finales weren't that terrible. So what made this finale so awe-inspiringly bad?

I'm not sure what the Big Brother producers were thinking when they planned out this finale. It's almost as if they planned out the finale to be one of the worst in television history.

Here's the formula

Already sucky Final 2 + Random potshots at Houseguests + Montages as "evidence" + Julie Chen = the worst finale ever.

I think one of the scenes went like this:

Julie: "Hey Alison, what did you think of Erika?"
Alison: "Blah, blah, blah, Erika's a ho. I would never stoop so low."
Julie: "That's such a brilliant and insightful point that we should humiliate Erika with it!"
(Audience applauds)
Julie: "Hey, Erika. Alison - remember her? - has something special to say!"
Alison: "Blah, blah, blah, America hates you. You're a ho. I'm so proud."
Erika: "Well, uh, your mom's a ho."
Alison: "Oh no you DIDN'T."
(catfight ensues)
(audience starts chanting Julie's name)

I mean, it was like something out of Jerry Springer. It almost felt like the producers couldn't think of any reason why the fans should want Boogie to win the money, so they went out of the way to humiliate Erika. Usually I don't have a problem when the houseguests humiliate each other. But this seemed like the producers went out of the way to make Erika look like a complete fool. I mean, they frickin' showed a montage of clips after that question.

Between that moment, and the "James is a asshole" montage (which was more deserved), they really went out of their way to make certain houseguests look like jerks. I get it. It's reality TV. Some people are going to look like idiots. In this case, however, the intent was so blatant and obvious... It was a little insulting to the audience. I wasn't sure if I should've been hooting and saying "You go girl!" or embarrassedly turning off the television.

I'm not even going to mention the gratuitous "Let's give Janelle money!" portion. (Oops.)

Big Brother was never a classy show, in any single aspect. But they've sunk really low. Really, really low. I'm talking "The Best of Jerry Springer" low.

To borrow a cliche, popularized by shakes...

Worst. Finale. Ever.

Is this the producers' idea of "drama," or have they simply assumed their only audience is 7th graders?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Disagree, in part. Snidget 09-13-06 1
   RE: Disagree, in part. Jims02 09-13-06 3
 RE: Pathetic. Breezy 09-13-06 2
 RE: Pathetic. finallytyping 09-13-06 4
 RE: Pathetic. samboohoo 09-13-06 5
   RE: Pathetic. Savahnna 09-13-06 6
   RE: Pathetic. motormouth 09-13-06 7
   RE: Pathetic. mrc 09-13-06 8
       RE: Pathetic. samboohoo 09-13-06 10
           RE: Pathetic. mrc 09-13-06 11
               RE: Pathetic. HistoryDetective 09-13-06 12
 BEST. FINALE. EVER. shakes the clown 09-13-06 9
   RE: BEST. FINALE. EVER. tamarama 09-13-06 15
 It had its moments michel 09-13-06 13
 RE: Pathetic. Das Mole 09-13-06 14
   RE: Pathetic. tamarama 09-13-06 16
 RE: Pathetic. JoshInSGV 09-13-06 17
   RE: Pathetic. Jims02 09-13-06 18
       RE: Pathetic. Mr Black 09-13-06 19

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-06, 11:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Disagree, in part."
Lord knows it was pathetic, but at least they didn't install Laird from Treasure Hunters chip into the Chenbot and have fans of the show that no one knows or cares about spend 1/3 of the finale competing for a years supply of slop.

I never thought anyone could make the Chenbot look like a good host until I saw the Lairdbot.

I hereby declare you: 'Blacksmith of the Underworld'--ZombieBaby

Although your mileage may vary and perhaps cloning the Treasure Hunter finale would have entertained you.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

09-13-06, 11:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Disagree, in part."
Lord knows it was pathetic, but at least they didn't install Laird from Treasure Hunters chip into the Chenbot and have fans of the show that no one knows or cares about spend 1/3 of the finale competing for a years supply of slop.

Yeah, the Treasure Hunters finale was pretty bad, as well. The "online winner" hunt took too long and was pretty lame. And Laird was pretty robotic as a host.

Somehow, that finale was still better than this one, for some reason. Maybe because it seemed like they (the teams) were having fun and being lighthearted about it all.

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-06, 11:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Pathetic."
I thought Jerry Springer was on DWS not BB? *head tilt*

I'm sure I would agree with you if I had watched the finale. I was already disgusted enough with the final two that I didn't bother.

Save a horse, ride a cowboy.

finallytyping 400 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-13-06, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail finallytyping Click to send private message to finallytyping Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Pathetic."
Chenbot is now completely under Will's control.
I heard her say, "At the end of the day...."
Chenbot's eyes were wide and glazed over, too.

Will probably made a side bet that he could get her to say
that phrase. That is why he repeated it so much.

(I heard someone say it on NPR yesterday. Will is good! )

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-06, 01:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Pathetic."
I actually enjoyed it. Pretty much every minute of it. See, I think if you're going to act a certain way and say certain things knowing full well that it's being recorded and will be shown to the public anyway, I'd rather watch you squirm than have you see it in your own home.

I thought Janie handled James' insults very well, and I thought Erika handled the whole Boogie thing pretty well. But I loved it. And I think I enjoyed it more that they did show it so that we could see James' and Boogie's faces when they did show it.

I hate Allison, but I thought it was funny that she was the fun to tell Erika what Mike did - especially in light of Erika saying she had no respect for Ali's gameplay in Season 4 but then doing the same thing herself.

I felt somewhat sorry for Janelle with respect to Will. I'm not sure what happened in the jury house over the past couple of days, but she seemed to be latching on to him, and he seemed to be ignoring it.

I wish she had worn her crown to the finale. I thought she looked great, and I was happy that she won the $25k.

Given who was in the final 2 and how many people stopped watching after that, I thought it was anything but boring.

Thanks Tribe!

Savahnna 844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

09-13-06, 01:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Savahnna Click to send private message to Savahnna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Pathetic."
I enjoyed it too Samboo.

motormouth 4507 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-13-06, 01:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail motormouth Click to send private message to motormouth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Pathetic."
Count me in...

as someone who enjoyed it. I haven't even erased it from TiVo yet, because I may want to watch it again. I think they (CBS) gave us exactly what we wanted. Who didn't want to see them be held accountable? I sure did.

Handcrafted by RollDdice

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-06, 02:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Pathetic."
LAST EDITED ON 09-13-06 AT 02:46 PM (EST)

I'm in Boo's camp, sort of. Chenbot was horrible. For Pete's sake, she tried to high-five audience members when she came out. (Tried is the key word.) The attempt at misdirection that really wasn't misdirection was pathetic. Not spending enough time on the jury live was a mistake.

Otherwise, I enjoyed it. While I feel sorry for Erika as a person, she chose to be on the show and chose to act like a ho and chose to deny the consequences of her actions. She can't have it both ways. If she were my friend and not on a RTV show, I would have more sympathy.

I also liked how they showed Boogie's immaturity. I feel sorry for him, too. He obviously has low self-esteem that requires him to use people like Will and Erika to make himself look better. His constant self-promotion also speaks to this low self-esteem, IMHO. He's a dirtbag, despite the many cousins of his who were on my local TV newscast last night trumpeting his coolness. If he were my friend, I would pull him aside and give him a gentle reminder not to act like a jackass. But he's a "celebrity" who chose to be on the show and chose to act like a mo and chose to ignore the consequences of his actions on others. No sympathy.

Ferociously purrfected by thndrkttn

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-06, 04:31 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Pathetic."
*giggles at you saying "ho."*

Thanks Tribe!

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-06, 04:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Pathetic."
I said "mo," too.

Ferociously purrfected by thndrkttn

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-06, 05:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Pathetic."
And, if Will had allowed, he would have acted like a 'mo too.

shakes the clown 3366 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-13-06, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail shakes%20the%20clown Click to send private message to shakes%20the%20clown Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "BEST. FINALE. EVER."
As i stated in the thread on spoilers, this was easily the best, most entertaining finale a reality show has ever had!

Agree with almost everything Samboohoo said below.

Thought it was great that instead of speculating how these people are going to feel after they see the DR footage, we actaully got to SEE IT FIRSTHAND. Brilliant move by the producers.

Usually, reality show finales are the worst eps of the year, especially on Survivor. It was amazing that they had such an entertaining finale.

hats off to Endemol!

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

09-13-06, 06:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: BEST. FINALE. EVER."
>>Thought it was great that instead of speculating how these people are going to feel after they see the DR footage, we actaully got to SEE IT FIRSTHAND. Brilliant move by the producers.<<

Yep, yep, yep.

I agree with those who enjoyed it!!

Plus, aside from an...unsatisfying F2, the cool-headed jury voting for game over feelings was great to see!

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-06, 06:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "It had its moments"
LAST EDITED ON 09-13-06 AT 06:12 PM (EST)

I can't say it was the worst ever. Treasure Hunters was horrible. It was funny to see the telephone calls between Will and Boogie and especially how the others reacted. The jury discussion after Janelle walked in was interesting as it is something you don't usually see. The best part was Mike's answers to the jury questions and his final words. He won or secured at least 3 votes there. From the jury discussion, Howie, Danielle and CG could've voted Erika. That even Howie did, it proves Mike was able to reach him with his "you entertained me" line. Also "I'll give you half the money if I see on TV that I was your only Jason. I think James was your Jason, Erika was your Jason..." That got Danielle even if she wasn't sure before.

The argument of seeing the reaction of the players to the insults has merit but I agree with Jim that it cheapened it, à la Jerry Springer. Just having Kaysar tell Janelle of James' deception would've been enough. The same applies to Erika.

But Shakes, for a Finale to be THE BEST ever, wouldn't it require that it doesn't solely depend on the outcome? Shouldn't both participants be players who had a good game? I'm pretty sure you would've hated it if Erika had won. Wouldn't it also need a host that asks the questions we wanted to hear like "Kaysar, why were you so stupid this time? Mr and Ms Smith, isn't it more important that an alliance has relevance rather than invisibility? etc..."

Das Mole 2364 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

09-13-06, 06:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Das%20Mole Click to send private message to Das%20Mole Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Pathetic."
I hated whenever the audience would laugh or have a murmur and then Julie Chen would kinda stand there laughing uncomfortably as well.

Good God.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

09-13-06, 06:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Pathetic."
Yeah, Chenbot is awful.

Can we send her, Brook Burke and the Treasure-bot to some remote island with no TV cameras?

(and toss in Paula Abdul just for the heck of it. different reasons.)

JoshInSGV 737 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-13-06, 06:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JoshInSGV Click to send private message to JoshInSGV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Pathetic."
LAST EDITED ON 09-13-06 AT 06:52 PM (EST)

>
>

Worst. Finale. Ever.

>

Clearly you haven't seen any of the finales for "The Apprentice". The BB All-Stars finale may have been unsatisfying, but at least it was entertaining. The Apprentice finales are so long and uninteresting that they could knock you into a coma for years. Plus, watching the Donald's self-promotion is even more disgusting than watching Boogie's.

09-13-06, 09:07 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Pathetic."
Hmmmm. I think you might have a point there. The finales for The Apprentice tend to be so bad, I've probably blocked them from my mind already. Especially the second season (Kelly vs. Jenn M.). That was pretty bad.

Mr Black 29 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-13-06, 10:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Mr%20Black Click to send private message to Mr%20Black Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Pathetic."
This finale became the 'WORST EVER' once Erika & Mike were the last two. Once Will & Janelle were gone, it became a moot point!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •