The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Song Selections for the last performance show of the season"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-10-06, 11:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Song Selections for the last performance show of the season"
Toby –
Karma Police (Radiohead)
Throw It Away (original)

Lukas –
Fix You (Coldplay)
Headspin (original) {acoustic}

Dilana –
Roxanne (The Police)
Supersoul (original)

Magni –
Hush (Deep Purple)
When the Time Comes(original)

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Song Selections for the last pe... Glow 09-10-06 1
   RE: Song Selections for the last pe... nailbone 09-11-06 2
       RE: Song Selections for the last pe... Loree 09-11-06 4
       RE: Song Selections for the last pe... Glow 09-11-06 5
           RE: Song Selections for the last pe... nailbone 09-11-06 7
               RE: Song Selections for the last pe... Glow 09-11-06 10
 RE: Song Selections for the last pe... nailbone 09-11-06 3
   RE: Song Selections for the last pe... Wacko Jacko 09-11-06 6
 RE: Song Selections for the last pe... SilverStar 09-11-06 8
   RE: Song Selections for the last pe... Magnolia_Rocker 09-11-06 9
 RE: Song Selections for the last pe... michel 09-11-06 11
   RE: Song Selections for the last pe... nailbone 09-12-06 14
       RE: Song Selections for the last pe... LisaPles 09-12-06 17
           RE: Song Selections for the last pe... CattyChat 09-12-06 22
   RE: Song Selections for the last pe... Glow 09-12-06 15
       RE: Song Selections for the last pe... nailbone 09-12-06 18
           RE: Song Selections for the last pe... Glow 09-12-06 20
               RE: Song Selections for the last pe... nailbone 09-12-06 21
                   RE: Song Selections for the last pe... michel 09-12-06 25
 RE: Song Selections for the last pe... cycles2k 09-12-06 12
   RE: Song Selections for the last pe... Glow 09-12-06 13
 *sniff* Glow 09-12-06 16
   RE: *sniff* nailbone 09-12-06 19
   RE: *sniff* CattyChat 09-12-06 23
 RE: Song Selections for the last pe... Lahela 09-12-06 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

09-10-06, 11:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Song Selections for the last performance show of the season"
I wish they would do different covers but yay anyway. Lukas doing "Fix You" can only be gorgeous. "Headspin" acoustic can only be gorgeous. Toby and "Karma Police" somehow is frightening to me. I hope he gets it. Very excited to see this show on Tuesday. For other reasons as well.

“Music has been my best friend my whole life, because music doesn’t betray you.” - Lukas Rossi

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

09-11-06, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Song Selections for the last performance show of the season"
"Headspin" for the thrid time in a row?!? Does he not have any other original songs?

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

09-11-06, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Song Selections for the last performance show of the season"
The way Storm and Patrice have talked in interviews it sounds like they can only do one original. Probably so the HouseBand doesn't have to learn too many songs. I assume if they were written to Supernova music it might be different.

09-11-06, 10:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Song Selections for the last performance show of the season"
He has somewhere around 70, I believe. It has been stated that they are only allowed to showcase one original song during the season. How many times did we hear "Pretty Vegas" and "Trees" last year? Not to mention this will also be the third time we hear "Throw it Away".

“Music has been my best friend my whole life, because music doesn’t betray you.” - Lukas Rossi

09-11-06, 11:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Song Selections for the last performance show of the season"
Yeah, they are all repeating their originals.

Which sux.

09-11-06, 03:48 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Song Selections for the last performance show of the season"
I think it's great! Remember, three of these people won't be fronting SN. Getting an original song stuck in a couple (million) people's heads is fantastic for them! It would be nice to let them showcase more than one original but getting people to remember that one is HUGE.

(I'm seriously going to need a support group when this show is over.)

09-11-06, 09:20 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Song Selections for the last performance show of the season"
Dilana –
Roxanne (The Police)

Oh the train-wreck potential

Supersoul (original)

Again, like Lukas, does she not have any other original song??? What is up with these people just singing the same song again??? At least Lukas is changing his up a little.

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

09-11-06, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Song Selections for the last performance show of the season"
>Dilana –
>Roxanne (The Police)

>
>Oh the train-wreck potential
>
>
>Supersoul (original)
>
>Again, like Lukas, does she not
>have any other original song???
> What is up with
>these people just singing the
>same song again??? At
>least Lukas is changing his
>up a little.
>
>

>>color="maroon" size=1] Holey carp! >My blog!> MySpace!
>Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT
>Fantasy Football Champ!

>
> o-

>

I agree with you on that, but at the same time I would rather hear it electric than acoustic. The others will be jamming and Lukas will just do a slow acoustic song. Sometimes songs were not meant to be acoustic...like when JD did Pretty Vegas acoustic it bored me...loved the electric but the acoustic put me to sleep.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

09-11-06, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Song Selections for the last performance show of the season"
Good lord. If they're only going to allow the rockers to showcase one original song, then I would rather see them do 2 cover songs this week. I am getting sick of this show re-using songs so many times. I'm surprised they don't have them all doing Nirvana covers! LOL.

A Tribe work of art

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

09-11-06, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Song Selections for the last performance show of the season"
Shhhhh! They might hear you and change the format. *shudders*

A Tribe Original!

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

09-11-06, 11:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Song Selections for the last performance show of the season"
The webisode showed Lukas and Dilana fighting to sing "Comfortably numb" out of the 100 of songs they had to select this time. Lukas relinquished and went to "Fix you". His rehearsal sounded very good. He seems very confident.

Dilana then goes on to chose "Roxanne" instead (!) and proceeds to change it to the House band's disapproval. She arranged it in a jazzy sort of way which at the very end, started to sound interesting. She looked nervous.

Again Magni was the one they all asked to play guitar to get an idea of the different melodies. We never saw him rehearse "Hush" which left me wondering.

Toby received his new car keys from one of last year's rockers, Mig, who told them that even if they don't win, they still can do well. One of the last scene was Toby singing "Karma Police" alone in the Back yard with his guitar. Being a survivor fan, the scene made me think that his karma will be to fall to the car curse!

The show ended with all 4 leaving the mansion with their suitcase in a very united way. Despite the drama (Burnett knows how to accentuate it!), they seem to really like each other.

09-12-06, 10:07 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Song Selections for the last performance show of the season"
and proceeds to change it to the House band's disapproval.

Ack. I am SO glad we won't have to put up with her any more after this week.

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-12-06, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Song Selections for the last performance show of the season"
>Ack. I am SO glad
>we won't have to put
>up with her any more
>after this week.

I'm so with you on that nailbone! I think her voice is awful and I don't care much for her personality either.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-12-06, 02:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Song Selections for the last performance show of the season"
I expect it to be horrible. Suzy McNeil did a great rendition of Roxanne last season. It was so good, it was one of the songs I purchased for my RS-INXS CD I created from the performances last season. Suzy had great vocal ability and worked really well with the song.

Dilana?? I just can't see her pulling it off. What was she thinking? Actually, after her last two bottom 3 performances, I think she's just completely insane at this point, because someone must have taken her meds away from her.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

09-12-06, 10:39 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Song Selections for the last performance show of the season"
ugh! I will not miss seeing Paul being interviewed 5 minutes after they finish rehearsals and bitching about every.single.change. the rawkers make to the songs. I realize she made the song completely different but she has barely made changes all season! Give her this one. It's the last show!

Glowie <-- cheering for all four this week

09-12-06, 01:56 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Song Selections for the last performance show of the season"
I thought the other time she did a Police song, she changed it up against the advice of the band.

And as I recall, stunk it up.

09-12-06, 02:02 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Song Selections for the last performance show of the season"
yikes. The "Dilana, Dilana, Dilana" song? Did she really change anything besides that though? The last thing I remember her changing was ROF <-- week 2. Well, and IWYTWM last week.

09-12-06, 02:13 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Song Selections for the last performance show of the season"
i don't remember for sure. I just remember a bit of uproar that she changed something against what the band thought, and we ended up agreeing with the band.

But then again, I'm biased against her cuz I think her potential was used up weeks ago.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-06, 08:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Song Selections for the last performance show of the season"
I think you're refering to "Man behind blue eyes". She only knew the Limp version so she was "changing it from a position of ignorance." She actually did it close to The Who's original version and it was OK. The jazzy "Roxanne" version we heard at rehearsal seemed good.

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-12-06, 03:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Song Selections for the last performance show of the season"
When I watched the webisode it screwed up so I missed much of it. Does anybody know what Toby was playing on the guitar?. It sounded great to me.

I agree with the previous poster that Roxanne has the potential to be a poor performance. I don't expect a trainwreck but it might be very dull.

Headspin is a wonderful song, but I wish the producers would allow them to sing a greater variety of songs.

09-12-06, 08:07 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Song Selections for the last performance show of the season"
Toby was playing "Karma Police".
I have high hopes for "Roxanne". She sounded absolutely beautiful in rehearsal. And her arrangement did sound "stunning". Her fans should be very proud of her. I know I am.
Lukas will change "Headspin" up for us a bit. He's awesome like that.

09-12-06, 11:27 AM (EST)
16. "*sniff*"

09-12-06, 01:57 PM (EST)
19. "RE: *sniff*"
That's a cool picture.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-12-06, 02:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: *sniff*"
Perfect photo to post, Glowie. I'd say they're waiting the arrival of "The Dark Horse." Ooh, I can't wait for tonight's show!!!

Kind Creation of ARNutz

Lahela 161 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-12-06, 06:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lahela Click to send private message to Lahela Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Song Selections for the last performance show of the season"
Karma Police is one of my fave Radiohead songs, so I look forward to hearing Toby sing it.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •