The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Song Selections for the week"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-03-06, 11:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Song Selections for the week"
They all sing 2 songs this week:

Dilana –
Behind Blue Eyes (The Who)
Supersoul (original)

Magni –
Back in the U.S.S.R. (The Beatles)
When the Time Comes (original)

Storm –
Suffragette City (David Bowie)
Ladylike (original)

Lukas –
Livin’ On a Prayer (Bon Jovi)
Headspin (original)

Toby –
Mr. Brightside (The Killers)
Throw It Away (original)

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Song Selections for the week Glow 09-04-06 1
   RE: Song Selections for the week Lex Icon 09-04-06 2
   RE: Song Selections for the week ameskie 09-04-06 3
       RE: Song Selections for the week Glow 09-04-06 6
           RE: Song Selections for the week LittleFox 09-05-06 16
       RE: Song Selections for the week sr200179 09-05-06 19
   RE: Song Selections for the week KimD 09-04-06 4
       RE: Song Selections for the week Glow 09-04-06 5
           Glow... Bebo 09-04-06 7
           For glow arkiegrl 09-04-06 8
               RE: For glow Glow 09-04-06 9
 RE: Song Selections for the week cycles2k 09-05-06 10
   RE: Song Selections for the week michel 09-05-06 11
       RE: Song Selections for the week Loree 09-05-06 12
           RE: Song Selections for the week geg6 09-05-06 13
               RE: Song Selections for the week Wacko Jacko 09-05-06 14
               RE: Song Selections for the week Lahela 09-05-06 17
               RE: Song Selections for the week cycles2k 09-05-06 18
 Two get eliminated this week? Wacko Jacko 09-05-06 15

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

09-04-06, 01:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Song Selections for the week"
I am so glad Lukas is doing "Headspin". But, man, other than that I just don't care about this today. I used to look so forward to Sunday spoilers and webisodes (which they're not giving us tonight anyway apparently). I guess I am very bitter. *sigh*

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Lex Icon 44 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-04-06, 05:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Lex%20Icon Click to send private message to Lex%20Icon Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Song Selections for the week"
'Headspin' when in fact his head's abnormally large. Let's hope he does a dismal job and gets the bullet.

The show is already renamed 'SuperNoRyan' in this house

ameskie 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-04-06, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ameskie Click to send private message to ameskie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Song Selections for the week"
I couldn't agree more, Glow. Of course, I've started back to school (I'm a special ed. teacher) and haven't had much time to read the posts, but I'm just not excited anymore.

...At least Big Brother still has Will and Janie (love them or hate them!)

09-04-06, 02:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Song Selections for the week"
The show is still what it is and I just have to remind myself that over and over. I do love Lukas afterall.

I stopped watching when James left.

LittleFox 127 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-05-06, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LittleFox Click to send private message to LittleFox Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Song Selections for the week"

>
>I stopped watching when James left.
>

LMAO!

*Come join the coolest club in town!:

http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=20486

sr200179 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-05-06, 09:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sr200179 Click to send private message to sr200179 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Song Selections for the week"
you are worng. the Dr. has been voted out by his Janelle! Janelle and Erika have alligned (finally) and Boogie is pissed!

KimD 53 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-04-06, 12:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KimD Click to send private message to KimD Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Song Selections for the week"
Out of habit I kept checking for spoilers last night... when I finally got them I got even more depressed. (Except for being glad that Stormy did Ladylike, which I love)

The reality episode is up, but I just can't go watch it. maybe later.

sigh. It's just not the same anymore.

09-04-06, 02:15 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Song Selections for the week"
I just finished watching it. It's definitely not the same. *cries*
But! on a happy note for me, if only for a second, Luke's pants fell down. Boxer briefs! Yay!

A song about his mother.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tJl-6cY5Sg

Headspin
All I want to say
is you're the sattellite in my life
You don't have to lie
You don't have to cry anymore

Lost inside your eyes
The vision never dies
Oh just take my hand
or float and never land

Then I hear you say
"Let's live for the moment this time"
Then you want to keep me forever
Why don't you just make up your mind

You make my head spin
You make my head spin
Why, why do you
You make my head spin
You make my head spin
Why, why

You love to build me up
just to tear me down
Wouldn't it be nice
if we found paradise someday

Then I hear you say
"Let's live for the moment this time"
Then you want to keep me forever
Why don't you just make up your mind

You make my head spin
You make my head spin
Why, why do you
You make my head spin
You make my head spin
Why, why

Did I hear you say
you wanna be alone
Or was it a mistake
How would we ever know
I can't hear you scream
You wanna be alone
I can't hear you scream at me
scream at me

I'm not perfect
I'm not perfect
No, no, no
I'm not perfect
I'm not perfect

You make my head spin
You make my head spin
Why, why do you
You make my head spin
You make my head spin

Did I ever mean something
Did I ever mean something to you
Did I ever mean something
Did I ever mean something to you

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

09-04-06, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "Glow..."
I know you're a Ryan fan, but that pic's too big to keep posting over and over.

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

09-04-06, 08:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "For glow"
It's nothing great, but I think it meets the guidelines...

09-04-06, 09:30 PM (EST)
9. "RE: For glow"
You rock, ahkie. *love*

Sorry Bebo!!

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-05-06, 02:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Song Selections for the week"
Dilana - Behind Blue Eyes. I love the Limp Bizkit version of this song and from the webisode it appears that she might go that way instead of with The Who version.

Magni - Back in the USSR. Magni will do a perfect karaoke style cover. I do not expect much. That is one of the Beatles songs that I have never really liked.

Storm - Suffragette City. I expect Storm to shine with this song. Good luck to her.

Lukas - Living on a Prayer (singing this on dare). I have no idea what to expect.

Toby - Mr Brightside. This will be incredibly difficult because Marty Casey nailed this song last season.

Originals did not sound terribly good in rehearsal, but that was just rehearsal, not the stage show. It amazes me that this house band can learn so many songs so quickly and pull them off so well.

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

09-05-06, 08:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Song Selections for the week"
I found it pretty pathetic that someone would fight for a song and then not even bother to listen to the original. Especially since the Bizkit version is simply a truncated version of the original with the electric guitar, "Bad Man", part forgotten. Dilana was the only one to have done an acceptable version of a Who song, but I think she'll butcher this one.

I liked Storm on "Changes" so "Suffragette City" could be good.

I don't expect much from the other covers. I think the originals will decide and that could very well be Lukas' chance to pull away. The lyrics look interesting. Thanks Glow.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

09-05-06, 09:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Song Selections for the week"
Dilana fighting for that song was pathetic. She didn't even know the song. But she had to have it because the lyrics described her sad situation. It seems like Dilana is the one that can't let the drama go. We all want to move on but Dilana keeps reminding us of what "happened to her".

And I would love to see Magni get a really different song. He keeps getting songs that are all basically the same and he sings them just like the original. Magni is a gifted cover artist. But that is it. He never rearranges anything and he always sounds just like the song originally did. He even remarked several weeks into the competition that he still had not had to learn a new song. Because every song he got was one he had already sang in concert before. Where is the challenge for Magni?

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

09-05-06, 09:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Song Selections for the week"
Arrrrgh! The Limp Bizkit version??????

You've got to be kidding me, right? Horrid.

And you say she's never heard the original? Unbelievable. This might just be a trainwreck. And her incessant whining about "what happened to her?" Pahleeze. Her true nastiness came out and she has shown nothing but gracelessness in response. I hate her.

I will, however, be interested in what Lukas does with some Bon Jovi. I'll bet it's unique.

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

09-05-06, 11:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Song Selections for the week"
Mr Brightside again! Hasn't someone from this season already done that one?

I will be interested to hear the originals and Lukas' version of Living On A Prayer.

Lahela 161 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-05-06, 06:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Lahela Click to send private message to Lahela Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Song Selections for the week"
geg..I totally agree with you regarding Dilana. Nothing "happened to her" other than herself. She brought it all upon herself when she opened her mouth and let the nastiness fly out.

Should be somewhat interesting to hear all of their originals tonight.

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-05-06, 08:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Song Selections for the week"
LAST EDITED ON 09-05-06 AT 08:14 PM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 09-05-06 AT 08:12 PM (EST)

"Arrrrgh! The Limp Bizkit version?????? ...You've got to be kidding me, right? Horrid."

Cmon Geg6, she doesn't know the Who version so lets just sing along .....

L . I . M P - say it.

or perhaps it will be

D I L ana - say it.

Toby should have picked the song. At least he has the right number of letters in his name.

I agreee with the concensus here about Dilana. Rather than focus on what happened TO her, she needs to think about the consequences of her own actions. Her voter hating lyrics seemed to be part of this theme. Dilana resents being judged but forgets that it is part of being an entertainer and that she agreed to appear on reality television. Silly Dilana.

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

09-05-06, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "Two get eliminated this week?"
The finale is next week. Wondering if two go home tomorrow. Since 3 out of the 5 get in the bottom three you can bet SuperNova will reveal the ones they like the most by blasting the other three. They will want to influence the voting so they can send the two home who they want.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •