The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Was it just me, or was the house band too loud?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-30-06, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Was it just me, or was the house band too loud?"
Maybe I am just getting old, but I found the sound quality on last night's show very garbled sounding, and the house band seemed to overpower many of the rawkers' voices. Did anyone else notice that? Or, maybe I am losing my hearing....but it was highly annoying!!
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Was it just me, or was the hous... Glow 08-30-06 1
   RE: Was it just me, or was the hous... xwraith27 08-30-06 2
       RE: Was it just me, or was the hous... Glow 08-30-06 3
           RE: Was it just me, or was the hous... cycles2k 08-30-06 4
               RE: Was it just me, or was the hous... LittleFox 08-30-06 5
                   RE: Was it just me, or was the hous... LisaPles 08-31-06 6
   RE: Was it just me, or was the hous... afterglow 08-31-06 7
       RE: Was it just me, or was the hous... LisaPles 08-31-06 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-30-06, 12:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Was it just me, or was the house band too loud?"
Yep. They were too loud. I love them and I think they're wonderful but I'd like to hear the singers sing as well. My DH has to work his magic on our surround sound about every 2 minutes when we watch this show.

“Music has been my best friend my whole life, because music doesn’t betray you.” - Lukas Rossi

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-30-06, 12:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Was it just me, or was the house band too loud?"
Really? I thought the mic the rockers were using was too soft. The volume of the rockers' voices were inconsistent throughout their songs, so I think it was the mic.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-30-06, 01:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Was it just me, or was the house band too loud?"
heh. Either way, the band was louder than the rawkers.

They can't hear themselves as well out on the catwalk. That's where the inconsistencies come from usually. Zayra *love* mentioned being used to ear piece monitors (one of the gazillion times Gilbo bagged on her). 'tis why lustmuffin didn't try the gorgeous falsetto more (I'm guessing).

“Music has been my best friend my whole life, because music doesn’t betray you.” - Lukas Rossi

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-30-06, 02:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Was it just me, or was the house band too loud?"
DW complained about the same thing. She was disappointed that she could not hear the words.

LittleFox 127 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-30-06, 06:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LittleFox Click to send private message to LittleFox Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Was it just me, or was the house band too loud?"
They are always too loud.......but I love them!

I'm telling you - next year should be ROCKSTAR: HOUSEBAND!!!

*Come join the coolest club in town!:

http://s2.excoboard.com/exco/index.php?boardid=20486

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings

08-31-06, 08:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Was it just me, or was the house band too loud?"
Sometimes I think the mix is a little off but it's always going to be that way with a band jamming like that. Any and all bands are going to be too loud, especially as the night progresses. A lead singer really has to learn to deal with it and have a big enough voice and stage presence so they don't get swallowed up by it on stage. I tend to agree with some of the other posters that the problem is that the singers mic needs to be turned up. The sound is probably very different for the sound people and audience than it is for the TV viewer.

afterglow 3 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-31-06, 01:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail afterglow Click to send private message to afterglow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Was it just me, or was the house band too loud?"
The House Band CAN'T be "too loud" -- can they? They are the stars of the show, IMO -- they've rocked it for two seasons -- any song, any time, any genre, any singer -- but I have noticed that especially on the live shows (elimination) the sound mix is off.

I saw the show being taped on a performance night, and it sounds amazing live and in person. Who cares what the House Band does? I'd rather hear them than Supernova!

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings

08-31-06, 04:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Was it just me, or was the house band too loud?"
>The House Band CAN'T be "too
>loud" -- can they?
>They are the stars of
>the show...

Yeah, yet another fan of the House Band! You are right afterglow, they rock every song they play. Those guys are the best! I also would rather hear the House Band than SuperNova!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •