The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"My thoughts on Josh, Dilanna"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-10-06, 12:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"My thoughts on Josh, Dilanna"
Hi everyone. Newbie here....been lurking for years and finally took the plunge to speak up. I've been a fan of Rock Star for the last two seasons and I am really liking what I am seeing this year. Last night, as I watched with my DH, I too thought they would kick out two of them. Josh didn't suprise me at all. He is good looking and has a great style, but is so obviously not a contender due to his obvious different style. As one of the previous posters mentioned, he deliberately did NOT take Supernova's advise and his "redemption" song was so very obviously his goodbye and "sc$w-you" song ("I'll play what I damn well please, guitar and all!). As soon as he said he would use his guitar, despite what Tommy and the boys suggested the other day, I knew he was begging to be gone.

Then there was Dilanna. I do not think she is malicious, but I think she wanted to see Lukas fail again and was slightly annoyed when he got so many kudos for "Creep". The camera kept panning to her, and her look of annoyance, when she was not the one getting all the kudos that night (afterall, she was the one that made a huge, huge deal out of the being the only one who wanted to play with Gilby) I thought she was a huge contender at first, but like some of the other posters, she too is slightly slipping (like a one trick pony) in my mind while others are rising.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: My thoughts on Josh, Dilanna Savahnna 08-10-06 1
   RE: My thoughts on Dilanna LisaPles 08-10-06 2
       RE: My thoughts on Dilanna MKitty 08-10-06 3
 RE: My thoughts on Josh, Dilanna mememi 08-10-06 4
 RE: My thoughts on Josh, Dilanna Loree 08-10-06 5
   RE: My thoughts on Josh, Dilanna Glow 08-10-06 6
       RE: My thoughts on Josh, Dilanna triednottowatch 08-10-06 9
   RE: My thoughts on Josh, Dilanna Savahnna 08-10-06 8
 RE: My thoughts on Josh, Dilanna architecturegirl 08-10-06 7
   RE: My thoughts on Josh, Dilanna Tonya_Harding 08-11-06 10
       RE: My thoughts on Josh, Dilanna cycles2k 08-11-06 11
           RE: My thoughts on Josh, Dilanna Glow 08-12-06 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Savahnna 844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-10-06, 12:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Savahnna Click to send private message to Savahnna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: My thoughts on Josh, Dilanna"

>and was slightly annoyed when
>he got so many kudos
>for "Creep". The camera kept
>panning to her, and her
>look of annoyance, when she
>was not the one getting
>all the kudos that night
>(afterall, she was the one
>that made a huge, huge
>deal out of the being
>the only one who wanted
>to play with Gilby)

The camera sure did capture that look of discontent. You could practically hear her thoughts.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

LisaPles 740 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-10-06, 12:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LisaPles Click to send private message to LisaPles Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: My thoughts on Dilanna"
I remember a few weeks ago they were showing the Rockers in the house and there was a discussion between Dana (since voted off), Dilana, and I think Jill. Part of the discussion was about how young Dana is and how she is growing ... etc. What didn't sit well with me is that it seemed as if Dilana was attacking Dana. At the time I thought Dilana was acting like a jerk and that she should have been more kind and understanding especially because she is (much) older than Dana. I got the impression she has anger issues!
I didn't catch her reaction to Lukas last night, but I have previously thought she behaved in a way that was less than respectful. At first I thought she was OK, but the last few performances her vocals sucked. Her and her gnarly facial piercings need to go!

MKitty 2975 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-10-06, 01:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MKitty Click to send private message to MKitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: My thoughts on Dilanna"
LOL..yes, Dilana's facial piercings are really scary. Okay, I get that the rawkers want to have the tats..but the scary hair , tats, AND multiple facial piercings?...that is almost too much for me! Gawd..I am starting to sound like my mother..LOL...

mememi 37 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-10-06, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mememi Click to send private message to mememi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: My thoughts on Josh, Dilanna"
LAST EDITED ON 08-10-06 AT 02:14 PM (EST)

"I do not think she is malicious, but I think she wanted to see Lukas fail again and was slightly annoyed when he got so many kudos
for "Creep"."

When DH and I saw the reality episode Monday night, he said the same thing - wondering if Dilana was trying to set Lukas up with a song he might not handle well, or would be outside his comfort zone. She was the one who really encouraged him to do Creep and kept telling him what a great job he'd do, and how good it would be for him to change things up from his past songs. One of the rockers said something like "we're a house full of musicians, not master strategists" - I think Dilana may be the exception.

I also agree with you on Josh - he had to have realized he wasn't a fit for SN so just did his thing as well as he could. I hope he does get some attention from all this, I'd buy his CD!

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-10-06, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: My thoughts on Josh, Dilanna"
I wonder if the fact that Dilana is always gushed over by Dave and the boys hasn't gone to her head. Every other rawker has been told ways to improve and had their faults pointed out to them. But Dilana sings something and Dave especially makes a big deal about it. I think she has started to believe her own hype. She thinks she is the one to beat and it has made her become rather condescending to the others. And she sees that Lukas is her biggest competition. So he is the one she worries about. I don't think the guys are doing her any favours by not giving her some advice on things to improve. Nobody is perfect. This is similar to last year when it started out and the guys treated Jordis like she could do no wrong. Then when she finally had enough bad performances that they had to say something. It really bothered Jordis.

I think it would have been good for Dilana if she had heard what Jason and Tommy said about her song writing. They called it corny and forgetable. But she is still going around saying she loves her lyrics and thinks they are killer. She has no idea they were laughable (watch Magni when she performed). I don't know why they don't treat her like the others.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

08-10-06, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: My thoughts on Josh, Dilanna"
yep. I agree completely. I think she's starting to believe she has this "in the bag". But. I'm still trying my best to give her the benefit of doubt and assume she just wanted Lukas to be at his best. He wants to be there with the best of them at their absolute best and I have to assume she feels the same way. I do (for the time being) believe she was being helpful.

Her lyrics were absolute shite and why everybody didn't think that is beyond me. ugh. I did notice Magni when she performed and also when she was going over some of the lyrics with him. I thought he was going to bust out laughing. Do we know that Jason didn't tell her they sucked?

“Music has been my best friend my whole life, because music doesn’t betray you.” - Lukas Rossi

triednottowatch 281 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-10-06, 05:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail triednottowatch Click to send private message to triednottowatch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: My thoughts on Josh, Dilanna"
LAST EDITED ON 08-10-06 AT 05:37 PM (EST)

All that being said, I still see her as one of only see 3 people who have a chance of winning this thing. Those 3 are:

Lukas, Magni, Dilana. Her weakness is going to be her songwriting, evidently. The guys had good things to say about Lukas's and Magni's lyrics and melodies. As you have pointed out, they almost laughed at Dilana's.

In the words of ELO, "Gonna be a showdown." In my mind that showdown will be between Lukas and Magni.

Savahnna 844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Fitness Correspondent"

08-10-06, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Savahnna Click to send private message to Savahnna Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: My thoughts on Josh, Dilanna"
I love the Jordis analogy. Very true.

I agree that she has been the "golden girl" who can do no wrong. And that it isn't productive for her in the big picture.

I think they're all competitive in nature to begin with so in her case the confidence seems exaggerated.

architecturegirl 227 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

08-10-06, 03:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail architecturegirl Click to send private message to architecturegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: My thoughts on Josh, Dilanna"
Well, if any of you have read my posts in other threads you'll know I'm a Dilana fan. I do think that the guys are being a bit too easy on her though - nobody is perfect, and everyone could use a little constructive criticism.
That said, I dont think she was being malicious, I think she rightly can see that Lukas is a huge threat. I think she pushed him out of his comfort zone. And either he was going to fly or crash and burn. I think she was right though - he needed to show them he could do what he did, or he didnt belong there.
Of course she was disappointed - who wouldnt want your biggest threat out of the way? Yes, I think there was some strategy - they are in a competition - but I think in the end she just gave him really good advice.
Dont forget though, that editing can be deceptive - that shot of her reaction could have been from a completely different and unrelated point in the show, but it made better tv to make it look like she's working against Lukas.
As for Dana, one week she was very helpful, the other she slammed her a bit - personally, I'm betting that everyone was a bit sick of Dana and Dilana was probably just being human and venting some frustration at her.

Tonya_Harding 92 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

08-11-06, 04:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tonya_Harding Click to send private message to Tonya_Harding Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: My thoughts on Josh, Dilanna"
Dont beleive everything you see, the tues show isnt live is it? I could see them editing it to make it look like someone is being hatefull when perhaps the dirty look came at some other time in the show. They particularly do this with Lukas.

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-11-06, 10:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: My thoughts on Josh, Dilanna"
I've noticed that we never see Lukas look anything but irritated on closeups and they often do a closeup when Ryan is on stage. Whenever we see Lukas as part of a larger group shot he often appears to be slouching and/or staring into space. We probably shouldn't read much into anything we see other than the on stage performances. On performance night, they are focused on how their own performance will go or did go. On Wednesday they are thinking about elimination.

As far as Dilana goes, I imagine she is as complex as the rest of us. She may want Lukas to do well for the sake of the show they are putting on, yet still feel some competitive jealousy.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

08-12-06, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: My thoughts on Josh, Dilanna"
The show we see on Tuesday is taped on Sunday. That gives them lots of time to edit in the looks of shock/disappointment/disgust. A good example: When TLee told Ryan (after LMR) that he wrote a piano song that he could totally hear his voice on, they showed a closeup of Lukas looking, ummm... scared. When they brought the camera back out, Lukas wasn't sitting in the pod. Why? Because he wasn't in the pod for Ryan's critique. Why? Because he was up next and was backstage getting ready to come on.

“Music has been my best friend my whole life, because music doesn’t betray you.” - Lukas Rossi

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •