The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Supernova Love List: week 3"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

dreamerbeliever 3377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-19-06, 00:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dreamerbeliever Click to send private message to dreamerbeliever Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Supernova Love List: week 3"
So what did you think of the week three performances by these thirteen rockers? Have new favorites emerged, did old favorites make your heart beat faster yet again, or who disappointed and had you scratching your head wondering what the *bleep* was that?

Remember that a love list is all about you and whatever you want to base it on. As long as you’re being true to your feelings, then it is correct.

1) Dilana – The Cranberries “Zombie” (1,1) So I learned something tonight, you can actually rock out to a Cranberries song. Who knew? Oh that’s right Dilana knew and she showed me. At this point she could belch the alphabet for her performance and I would still be mesmerized. The girl just never disappoints and she can teach me anything she wants at anytime.

2) Zayra Alvarez – REM “Everybody Hurts” (2,5) Simply amazing! Less is definitely more with Zayra. I’ve been in love with her outward appearance and tonight for the first time I fell for something coming out of her mouth. Couldn’t wait for the show to be over so that I could listen to this performance again. By far & away her best and if she is in the bottom three, it will be for the past and not the present.

3) Magni – Stone Temple Pilots “Plush” (13,4) Magni has definitely stepped it up. Much like last week, dug the voice, the presentation, and the energy. Was a fantastic cover but would like to see him put a little spin on the songs he sings. He’s in the good graces of SN after week one, so take some chances now.

4) Storm Large – The Cars “Just what I needed” (5,6) Storm brought the hurricane this week and she should probably be rated higher if not for such strong performances by others. She was sexy, sounded awesome, and made a kind of ho-hum Cars song sound HOT. Loved it and yes I have googled her name before, yummy!

5) Lukas Rossi – The Rolling Stones “Let’s spend the night Together” (3,2) Still totally dig Lucky Charm but this was his weakest of the three performances. His worst is still pretty great. I’m sure it’s only a little temporary drop Glow

6) Phil Ritchie – Jefferson Airplane “White Rabbit” (11,7) On any other week, Phil’s performance tonight would been ranked higher but this really was a strong week. Loved everything about it and hey it’s the highest I’ve ever ranked Dirtyphil. So he must have done something right.

7) Ryan Star – Creedence Clearwater Revival “Fortunate Son” (6,8) Just don’t get why Ryan has become the whipping boy of Supernova. Thought it was fantastic vocally and just the right amount of stage presentation. If he was flailing around the entire time, then they probably would have said it wasn’t genuine or felt forced. SN clearly feels he’s not right for them but the unjustified digs are not called for. It was good.

8) Jill Gioia – Free “All right Now” (12,14) It was her best of the 3 performance show songs but it still only gets an 8th place this week. Another case of it being a strong week.

9) Patrice Pike – The Beatles “Helter Skelter” (8,10) This is such a fantastic song that any rocker could have done well tonight with it. It was good but not great IMHO.

10) Toby Rand – Soul Asylum “Runaway Train” (10,3) Might not have liked it because I couldn’t stand Soul Asylum. Yeah that’s it.

11) Josh Logan – Nirvana “Come as you Are” (7,9) Sounded like Kermit the Frog doing Nirvana at times. His sound is starting to become tiresome. Like boy needs to rock out a tune more then he needs his next breath of life.

12) Jenny Galt – Incubus “Drive” (9,13) Jenny might be able to win AI but there is nothing there that says Rock to me. Clearly she is on the show for a little TV exposure to get that Canadian career going again. That’s okay though, whatever it takes to live out a dream.

13) Dana Andrews – Bon Jovi “It’s my Life” (14,12) She didn’t even bring the pipes this week, weak on every front. Just do the mercy elimination now and send this sweet girl back to Iowa or wherever she is from. Done with her clay potential, must go now or in like 20 hours when the elimination show is on.

Booted: Chris Pierson (15,11) – ehh no big loss. Thought he should have been the first boot anyway and not Matt.

The order the contestants appeared …

Patrice Pike – The Beatles “Helter Skelter”
Josh Logan – Nirvana “Come as you Are”
Storm Large – The Cars “Just what I needed”
Lukas Rossi – The Rolling Stones “Let’s spend the night Together”
Jill Gioia – Free “All right Now”
Ryan Star – Creedence Clearwater Revival “Fortunate Son”
Phil Ritchie – Jefferson Airplane “White Rabbit”
Dana Andrews – Bon Jovi “It’s my Life”
Toby Rand – Soul Asylum “Runaway Train”
Magni – Stone Temple Pilots “Plush”
Zayra Alvarez – REM “Everybody Hurts”
Jenny Galt – Incubus “Drive”
Dilana – The Cranberries “Zombie”

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 3 Glow 07-19-06 1
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 3 nailbone 07-19-06 3
       RE: Supernova Love List: week 3 Glow 07-19-06 5
           RE: Supernova Love List: week 3 nailbone 07-19-06 9
       RE: Supernova Love List: week 3 Velcrohead 07-19-06 11
           RE: Supernova Love List: week 3 nailbone 07-19-06 12
           RE: Supernova Love List: week 3 Glow 07-19-06 14
               RE: Supernova Love List: week 3 CattyChat 07-19-06 20
                   RE: Supernova Love List: week 3 Glow 07-19-06 24
                       RE: Supernova Love List: week 3 nailbone 07-19-06 32
                           RE: Supernova Love List: week 3 Glow 07-19-06 33
                   RE: Supernova Love List: week 3 nailbone 07-19-06 31
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 3 cheesybread 07-19-06 2
 Finally I saw a full week! weltek 07-19-06 4
   RE: Finally I saw a full week! Glow 07-19-06 8
       RE: Finally I saw a full week! weltek 07-19-06 22
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 3 geg6 07-19-06 6
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 3 Velcrohead 07-19-06 7
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 3 nailbone 07-19-06 10
       RE: Supernova Love List: week 3 Wacko Jacko 07-19-06 26
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 3 SilverStar 07-19-06 34
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 3 Breezy 07-19-06 13
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 3 brvnkrz 07-19-06 15
       RE: Supernova Love List: week 3 Breezy 07-19-06 16
           RE: Supernova Love List: week 3 brvnkrz 07-19-06 17
               RE: Supernova Love List: week 3 bullzeye 07-19-06 21
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 3 SilverStar 07-19-06 35
       RE: Supernova Love List: week 3 nailbone 07-19-06 36
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 3 weltek 07-19-06 37
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 3 xwraith27 07-19-06 18
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 3 tamarama 07-19-06 27
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 3 CattyChat 07-19-06 19
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 3 tamarama 07-19-06 23
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 3 ginger 07-19-06 25
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 3 SherpaDave 07-19-06 38
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 3 Loree 07-19-06 28
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 3 Glow 07-19-06 29
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 3 geg6 07-19-06 30
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 3 Hoobie 07-19-06 39

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-19-06, 00:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 3"
Finally! I've been waiting all night.

"did old favorites make your heart beat faster yet again"

That was for me, wasn't it?

The House Band is awesome. So glad Brooke finally gave them a shout out. That was the first one this season. Yes?

Lukas - Let‘s Spend The Night Together (oh you want to? Okay. You bet, baby.) - Does anybody really care what I thought about this? No? *looks around* *crickets* Anyway. I am so glad Paul didn’t talk him out of rearranging it. Did you see Paul smile? Sooooo glad my baby stuck to his guns. And Gilby said if they were going to remake it, that’s exactly how they’d have done it. Oh yeah, baby. And he makes great use of that stage. And he is soooo sexy. Encore! Encore! Rawr! Rawr! *heart race* My name is Glowie and I’m a Lukasholic. *swoon*

Phil - White Rabbit - First of all, I love this song. Love it. And Phil NAILED it. It was awesome. And with Jason on the stage? Holy momma, hold me back. That was awesome. I think it was Dave that said, “Jason was shadowing you up there and you didn’t get lost.“ I was thinking the same thing. They performed very well together. Awesome. Encore! We can have two, right? (I think DirtyPhil will probably get the encore and I’m cool with that. I’d love it if I’m wrong and they gave it to Lukas, of course, but I think they know Lukas has more awesome performances to come.)

As an aside, did everybody take note of Jason’s Voivod t-shirt?

Storm - Just What I Needed - Her best performance to date and from what I’m hearing, we ain’t seen nothing yet. I’m waiting for large things from Storm. I can’t wait to see her fight for a song. *love*

Magni - Plush - "Magni-ficent” indeed.

Dilana - Zombie - hmmm. I thought she would KILL this song. I really did. I liked her performance. I didn‘t love it. Or something. I don’t know. It moved up a few notches when she picked up the tambourine though. Because that was great. (I’m kinda torn here because I almost want to put Zayra in front of her but I love Dilana too much to do that.)

Zayra - Everybody Hurts - I had myself prepared to hit mute or whatnot but I am so glad I didn’t. I really liked this performance. A lot. Very Bjork-ish to me and I love Bjork. (not nearly as good as Bjork, mind you. I just said Bjork-ISH) Very cool. I stand corrected also. I’m glad she was here this week. (I just wish Jill wasn’t.)

Patrice - Helter Skelter - I really like her. Her voice was great on this. Not loving the smiling through it though.

Ryan - Fortunate Son - I was nervous. I really like Ryan. Like REALLY like him but Neal owned this song last year. I still liked it. I wasn‘t wowed by it though. I’ve heard originals and I’ve watched videos. This guy has a lot more to show us. I’m just not sure why he hasn’t yet.

Toby - Runaway Train - What’s his last name again? Bland? *sigh* That’s not his fault. I love this song. It brings back many memories. But for this show, it’s just all wrong. Side note: When Tommy was talking about wanting a singer that scares him. He concluded with “Lukas scares me”.

Josh - Come As You Are - no. no. no. I love Josh but no. Why did he fight for this song? I think I’m going to send in a plea for them to take Nirvana songs off their lists. I can’t handle it.

Jenny - (I have to go see what she sang too) Drive - oh boy. I don’t hate her. I don’t even really dislike her that much. I just don’t think she belongs here. Who said “Lilith Fair”? I agree.

Dana - It’s My Life - *blink* *blink* *head tilt*

Jill - I forget what she sang. Get her off of my television. okay. I looked it up. Oh crap, I forget again. *goes to check again* All Right Now - No, it isn't. I don’t like her. This is kind of the reverse Lukas for me. I dislike her too much to put anybody beneath her.

“Music has been my best friend my whole life, because music doesn’t betray you.” - Lukas Rossi

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

07-19-06, 09:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 3"
Good gravy, woman!! Are we gonna have to turn the hose on you?!?!?

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

*smooch*

07-19-06, 09:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 3"
Maybe. *le pant*

or you could just delete the recording like DH did.

“Music has been my best friend my whole life, because music doesn’t betray you.” - Lukas Rossi

07-19-06, 09:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 3"
Nah, that's just mean.

Velcrohead 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

07-19-06, 09:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Velcrohead Click to send private message to Velcrohead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 3"
Are you sure using 'hose' in your sentence was wise?

Just wondering

07-19-06, 09:58 AM (EST)
12. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 3"
LOL *whack*

07-19-06, 10:11 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 3"

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings

07-19-06, 10:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 3"
I've been teasing you just a little for your lust for Lukas, Glowie, but I just wanted to say a couple things.

He's always topped my list for performances and he has the best Rocker charisma this year, without a doubt (Dilana is a close second). So, I never said Lukas wasn't great in this respect.

However, Lukas is the furthest thing from what makes me weak in the knees in the looks department (I agree with Tommy he scares me a little ). However, however, Lukas is growing on me more in this category. I think his stage presence/confidence/cockiness, if you will, elevates him in the "hotness" factor. He has a killer sense of style for HIS style.

Anyway, what I wanted to say, Glowie, is that lately Lukas has moved up into the "cuteness" category of looks for me. He's like an ugly puppy, they just can't help but be adorable. Of course, Lukas is adorable in a scary Rocker kind of way.

I just thought you should know that I am starting to see what it is you see, it's just that my goggles are still a little foggy.

But he's off the hook as a Rocker and tops my list for this gig. Though, I think he might be too much for these old guys to hand. Lukas might scare the 3 into having a stroke.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

07-19-06, 11:10 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 3"
LAST EDITED ON 07-19-06 AT 12:00 PM (EST)

I admit to being blinded and biased when it comes to Lukas. I am an addict. I explained it the best way that I can at this point in my blog the other day. But there is reason for my blindness and bias.

Does this help?

Lord help me, he has the prettiest mouth and nose and eyes I've ever seen.

ETA: ugh. I cannot recommend his original stuff enough. Limited vocal range and Lukas Rossi do not belong together. Three performances on national television do not represent that nor are they proof or reason to say that he is limited. I recommend going to YouTube videos and searching "Lukas Rossi" as well.

I apologize for feeling the need to defend him because I'm sure he doesn't need me to do that.

Does this help?

07-19-06, 02:18 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 3"
LAST EDITED ON 07-19-06 AT 02:18 PM (EST)

I cannot recommend his original stuff enough

And see, this is why I keep hanging on to Zayra. I've listened to her off-the-show stuff, and she's fabulous! Not right for SN, but still wonderful.

07-19-06, 02:35 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 3"
I understand that. But. If she's not right for the band, then there's a HUGE difference between the two. Yes?

07-19-06, 02:17 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 3"
LAST EDITED ON 07-19-06 AT 02:19 PM (EST)

He's like an ugly puppy, they just can't help but be adorable.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAA!!!!

cheesybread 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-19-06, 08:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cheesybread Click to send private message to cheesybread Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 3"
1. Storm Large – The Cars “Just what I needed”(1) - Still rocks. Still hot. Still want to be the mic stand!

2. Magni – Stone Temple Pilots “Plush”(2) - Did a very good job with this song. I am consistently surprised at how many performers can destroy STP songs (*cough* *cough* Suzie). They don't appear that difficult. Magni didn't do that.

3. Patrice Pike – The Beatles “Helter Skelter”(6) - I liked this more then most I would bet. I don't know why but I did.

4. Ryan Star – Creedence Clearwater Revival “Fortunate Son”(5) - I don't know why they don't like this guy. I think he just isn't "Rock Star" enough for them. No piercings, tats, or wierd hair. It's ok not to smile, just focus the energy. He generally ratchets up the performance as the song progresses, which I like.

5. Dilana – The Cranberries “Zombie”(3) - I know, once again, I am in the minority here but I thought this was just ok. I like Dilana though so she remains at the top.

6. Lukas Rossi – The Rolling Stones “Let’s spend the night Together”(7) - Still can't understand a word he sings. Not that that is a requirement, but it might be nice once in a while. The Billy Idol sneer is getting old.

7. Toby Rand – Soul Asylum “Runaway Train”(4) - meh. Not crazy about the song. Might have been worth re-arranging since he was given some wiggle room for risk from last weeks performance.

8. Phil Ritchie – Jefferson Airplane “White Rabbit”(11) - The song was good, the performance was good, but I guess I don't really like his voice that much. I thought Jason was going to crush him at one point. This was his best yet. If he can reduce the slacker posture and mumbling I will like him more.

9. Zayra Alvarez – REM “Everybody Hurts”(14) - Another minority opinion but I wasn't really impressed with this performance. Her voice seems to exist seperately from the music, where it should blend and complement.

10. Josh Logan – Nirvana “Come as you Are”(8) - Thanks Kermit. Enough Nirvana already.

11. Jenny Galt – Incubus “Drive”(10) - She just seems totally in the wrong place. This could have been a really good song to do, but alas she went totally pop. DW said she reminded her of Phebe from friends singing in the coffee shop.

12. Jill Gioia – Free “All right Now”(13) - Her best performance yet. I just don't like HER.

13. Dana Andrews – Bon Jovi “It’s my Life”(12) - Bad song choice. Bad performance. Poor singing. Not good. I would have liked to see what Lukas or Dilana could do with this song.

Eliminated: Chris Pierson - Not much lost here. Is it too late to bring back Matt?

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

07-19-06, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Finally I saw a full week!"
Dilana – The Cranberries “Zombie”-Good voice, right style for the band, proved she can be versitile in her performances, everybody was rockin'

Phil Ritchie – Jefferson Airplane “White Rabbit”-Maybe it was Jason's being on stage, but this was a pretty rockin' performance for a song that I don't really know.

Lukas Rossi – The Rolling Stones “Let’s spend the night Together”-His vocals sounded overpowered by the music. And I wish he'd quit wearing the fugly black & white outfits, yet still a good performance & again fitting the vibe of the band.

Ryan Star – Creedence Clearwater Revival “Fortunate Son”-Great vocally, I agree that he could've showed a little more stage presence. I'd rather see Neal's performance of this from last season.

Magni – Stone Temple Pilots “Plush”-Good, yet felt little stage presence for what could've been a big song.

Zayra Alvarez – REM “Everybody Hurts”-Totally not right for the band's style, yet she knocked this out of the park vocally.

Storm Large – The Cars “Just what I needed”-Meh. It was ok. Not great. Loved her banter with Tommy, even though it was a little lewed.

Jill Gioia – Free “All right Now”-If I don't look at her, I find I enjoy her voice more.

Patrice Pike – The Beatles “Helter Skelter”-I really want to like her more, but it was a rockin' song that she should've been able to make more of an impression with.

Jenny Galt – Incubus “Drive”- I wasn't even remotely wowed, yet I didn't hate it.

Dana Andrews – Bon Jovi “It’s my Life”-I loke her voice, yet it's so awkward to see her perform for this band.

Toby Rand – Soul Asylum “Runaway Train”-The vocals were good, but he can do better with his performance. That's why I put him lower than Jenny & Dana. I expect more out of him.

Josh Logan – Nirvana “Come as you Are”-His voice was really weird. I cringed.

07-19-06, 09:43 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Finally I saw a full week!"
Phil - I definitely think it had a lot to do with Jason being on stage.

Lukas - The suit was plum. And re the band overpowering vocals. Yes. They tend to do that quite a lot. I make DH adjust the surround sound before the show starts. It makes it much easier to hear the vocals (which in his case is very important). Oh. And the vocals are much easier to hear on the mp3s.

Ryan - You said "Neal".

07-19-06, 11:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Finally I saw a full week!"
Thanks for the tip on the surround sound. And sorry I missed that the suit was plum.

Sorry to get your heart pittering by using Neal & Lukas in the same post.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

07-19-06, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 3"
Hmmm. Interesting show. Some faves proved a little weak, the weak looked even weaker. I'm up in the air a little after this. And, I have to say, that I'm not always hearing what the band hears.

1) Lukas Rossi – The Rolling Stones “Let’s Spend the Night Together” - This guy is a total rock star. That was sooooo Jagger without being a caricature of him. I certainly don't find him attractive like our sweet Glowie does, but he's got the "it" factor.

2) Storm Large – The Cars “Just What I Needed” - She, too, is a star. Love her attitude. And I must have that outfit. She looked amazing. She roughed up a little pop ditty very nicely.

3) Phil Ritchie – Jefferson Airplane “White Rabbit” - Well, I never expected to have him here. Loved, loved, loved it. I was standing up in my living room with my arms in the air at the end.

4) Dilana – The Cranberries “Zombie” - It's not that she wasn't her usual amazing self. It's just that the top three blew me away. I like that she knows who she is and picks songs that play to that. But I guess I'd like to see her try something a bit out of her comfort zone.

5) Magni – Stone Temple Pilots “Plush” - He does have the whole stage persona thing going now after that disaster in week one. And he sang the (probably) biggest hit of one of my all-time favorite bands serviceably. But it was like he was doing a Scott Weiland imitation. Show me why you're not Scott but just as good.

6) Ryan Star – Creedence Clearwater Revival “Fortunate Son” - I thought he sang it with great passion. And I love his voice. But I have to agree with the band about his stage presence. He's just not comfortable or something.

7) Toby Rand – Soul Asylum “Runaway Train” - This hurts. It wasn't horrible, it wasn't great. It just was. And I, for one, love this song. I really expected a bit more. I didn't get it. He's still a babe, though.

8) Patrice Pike – The Beatles “Helter Skelter” - Great song if you can really rock it. She tried. She really did. But she couldn't convince me.

9) Josh Logan – Nirvana “Come As You Are” - I just don't know how you can possibly make a Nirvana song bland. But he did. Guy has no intensity.

10) Zayra Alvarez – REM “Everybody Hurts” - I don't know what the band or anyone else heard, but I thought that was pretty damn bad. Not as bad as the next three, but I sure never want to hear that again.

11) Jill Gioia – Free “All Right Now” - I'm not a huge Paul Rodgers fan, but I was cringing for him during this.

12) Jenny Galt – Incubus “Drive” - I didn't even recognize the song at first. Awful.

13) Dana Andrews – Bon Jovi “It’s My Life” - I don't even have the vocabulary to say how bad this was. I had to leave the room. She absolutely must leave. Now. I never want to see or hear her again.

Goddess of the Steeler Nation

Velcrohead 33 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

07-19-06, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Velcrohead Click to send private message to Velcrohead Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 3"
Well I’ve definitely stumbled onto a good thing here. The forum I mean! The show’s pretty decent, too. So hey to everyone.

This was a major improvement overall from last week.

1) Magni – Stone Temple Pilots “Plush”
You can tell he’s growing on Supernova and he is with me as well. I loved the rendition of Plush. Tonight, he clicked. Not getting the permanent wow factor just yet but he’s on the up.

2) Phil Ritchie – Jefferson Airplane “White Rabbit”
Bloody fantastic. I might have to take Phil seriously from now on.

3) Zayra Alvarez – REM “Everybody Hurts”
I was floored with the arrangement. House Band actually thought it was a bad move in rehearsals - “We’re not an orchestra”, they said to Zayra when she wanted to go in that direction, but both pulled it off in degrees of awesome. Her accent comes across in the vocal, though, and I confess to find it a little unsettling because it detracts away from the performance. And somehow I keep picturing her as Penelope Cruz’s bitchier sister.

4) Dilana – The Cranberries “Zombie”
This gal is captivating. You could argue that she’s already won half the battle. And they gave her the pimp spot - hello! Like Lukas, however, it might help her repertoire to switch off the intensity sometimes. The first time on the chorus she was rough and in danger of losing it but she slipped back into gear smoothly.

5) Lukas Rossi – The Rolling Stones “Let’s spend the night Together”
In rehearsal (the mansion show), Lukas sounded great when he sang the song simply. He is never going to follow the ‘less is more’ principle, however, and that’s a pity, IMO. Which isn’t to say his performance wasn’t any good--it was--but he could learn with toning things down occasionally and not do everything at a lower register. Even the female vocal coach tried to steer him into that way of thinking. It was telling how apprehensive he was waiting his turn to be assessed, more revealing still how defensive he became during the lesson.

6) Ryan Star – Creedence Clearwater Revival “Fortunate Son”
I’m with dreamerbeliever that Supernova are being especially hard on him for reasons that are not altogether apparent. Maybe it’s his pained expression, as if someone has permanently shoved a foot up his butt. The vocal was pretty strong to me and anybody who takes on CCR gets bonus points in my book.

7) Storm Large – The Cars “Just what I needed”
I’m liking what she’s bringing to the table. Punching up the edge quotient to the song paid off. The stage presence was there as well.

8) Patrice Pike – The Beatles “Helter Skelter”
Very good. I loved the energy. Can’t quite figure out what she’s all about, though.

9) Josh Logan – Nirvana “Come as you Are”
Hmm. Josh has a terrific voice and I’d happily add his material to my CD collection. Trouble is, however much I try, I can’t get beyond him being anything more serious than a pop rock artist. With their comment about him having demonstrated what he is as an singer but not necessarily how he would represent them, you feel Supernova have mentally written him off already. He might well last the distance but when push comes to shove, his fate is sealed. As for the song choice, it was rather incongruous to his style, I thought. And attempting to add a husky/gravelly element to parts of the vocal smacked of trying too hard. That said, on second listen, it was actually quite decent.

10) Toby Rand – Soul Asylum “Runaway Train”
You took a dive this week, mate. He seemed to forget (or ignore) the fact the song deals with the serious and sad issue of runaways, people who have lost their way in life. As such, it needed an emotional layer to the vocal that wasn’t there. Can do better and, hopefully, will do better. He deserves to be considered in the higher tier of contestants.

11) Jill Gioia – Free “All right Now”
Not bad, not great - distinctly average as somebody might say. And instantly forgettable. Doesn’t help that I have an increasing karaoke complex with that song. Jason Newsted was tickled by her stage presence it seemed.

12) Dana Andrews – Bon Jovi “It’s my Life”
She tried to put a different sound to the original – the chorus, in particular, was hard to credit – but chose the wrong key. There were moments when it was more shouting than singing. Not good.

13) Jenny Galt – Incubus “Drive”
Somebody who’s better off listening to through the airwaves rather than live. Heard on the radio you’d say it was decent; tuneful, pleasant, all very harmless. The performance itself, in contrast, completely washes over.

~VH~

07-19-06, 09:50 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 3"
Her accent comes across in the vocal, though, and I confess to find it a little unsettling because it detracts away from the performance.

Exactly.

And somehow I keep picturing her as Penelope Cruz’s bitchier sister.

LOL!!

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

07-19-06, 11:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 3"
Much better performances this week. Really felt only one person was horrible. Some fit some don't. Actually real hard to perdict an encore. I can't honestly come up with a one after last weeks performance. So I will rank the first couple based off who is best for the band.

1) Dilana – The Cranberries “Zombie”. Great song choice. Any song about monsters with an erie fit is great for her. Want her to pick a different tempo. Thought her performances have been similar the last couple of weeks.
2) Lukas Rossi – The Rolling Stones “Let’s spend the night Together”. I like how he arranges songs. He put a twist on Mick Jaggar and it was entertaining. But I also now see his limited vocal range....but all singer have a niche. Still seems a good fir for SN.
3) Toby Rand – Soul Asylum “Runaway Train”. Not one of his stronger performances but good. He is my favorite perfromer of the bunch...is he right for SN? Possibly but I doubt it.
4) Magni – Stone Temple Pilots “Plush”. He keeps improving and maybe the third best fit for SN.
5) Zayra Alvarez – REM “Everybody Hurts”. I like her more than most. I love her creativity. I think others are getting hung up on her accent which also comes threw on her singing. Was her version of EH a fit for SuperNova? No, but she did show the doubters that she can sing.
6) Ryan Star – Creedence Clearwater Revival “Fortunate Son”. I thought he was strong vocally....and unique. But I agree with SN. Ryan just does not look like he enjoys what he is doing. In concert as a singer of a band like SN, he would fall flat....the audience needs to see the singer having a good time...or else they won't.

The rest none good fits for SN.

7) Jill Gioia – Free “All right Now”. She did a good job. Seems too clean cut for SN. Good vocals and has finally come to just be herself....which aint a good thing for SuperNova. But I enjoyed her performance.

8) Phil Ritchie – Jefferson Airplane “White Rabbit”. That was Whote Rabbit? Thought his song sounded familiar but did not think it was a Jefferson Airtplane song...he made it his own which was good. But he looked so uncomfortable. He almost got knocked down by Jason. Still looks like a wet noodle on stage and mumbles with the vocals. But he is doing an excellent job with the song choices...which will get him far just because there are so many that just don't fit SN.

9) Patrice Pike – The Beatles “Helter Skelter”. I don't like her, but she did decent last night. Not much more I can add.

10) Josh Logan – Nirvana “Come as you Are”. I knew this guy would get old real fast and he has. Gilby said Jenny performed alike Lilith Fair. Does Lilith Fair accept guys? Stands no chance.

11) Storm Large – The Cars “Just what I needed”. Others liked her actually most love her. I remember how INXS slammed Ty for being too Theater....they did not see Storm. She makes Ty look tame. Every song she performs them like she is acting out a story. It is so annoying. ENOUGH!

12) Jenny Galt – Incubus “Drive”. Funny thing is I felt she was good last night. Actually really good. But this woman is so clueless. She keeps coming out there and singing like Jewel and these guys are looking for Axel, Vince or James types. Time for her to go home. She is OBVIOUSLY not the right choice for SN.

13) Dana Andrews – Bon Jovi “It’s my Life”. A sure bet to go home tonight. While I like her performance of 'Born to be Wild' last week. This weeks performance was very forced and still did not work. Her vocals were also not as strong. Gilby said Celine Dionish. And I agree.

My prediction. Two go home tonight.....Jenny and Dana. Neither fit SN and if both are in the bottom three it is easy for everyone who watched to know they just don't fit.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

07-19-06, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 3"
Welcome to the boards, Velcrohead. Any relation to Zipperhead? (He's another poster here. LOL.)

A Tribe work of art

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

07-19-06, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 3"
1. Magni – Stone Temple Pilots “Plush"
2. Dilana – The Cranberries “Zombie"
3. Patrice Pike – The Beatles “Helter Skelter"
4. Ryan Star – Creedence Clearwater Revival “Fortunate Son”
5. Storm Large – The Cars “Just what I needed”
6. Toby Rand – Soul Asylum “Runaway Train"
7. Phil Ritchie – Jefferson Airplane “White Rabbit”
8. Lukas Rossi – The Rolling Stones “Let’s spend the night Together"
9. Zayra Alvarez – REM “Everybody Hurts”
10. Josh Logan – Nirvana “Come as you Are”
11. Jenny Galt – Incubus “Drive"
12. Jill Gioia – Free “All right Now”
13. Dana Andrews – Bon Jovi “It’s my Life”

Is it because the guys in SuperNova *rolls eyes* are so bad, are is it the singers? I'm having a hard time caring about what happens on RockStar this year.

Summer breeze by Tribey.

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

07-19-06, 10:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 3"
Me too. I've lost interest quickly.

A wonderful Tribe original

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

07-19-06, 10:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 3"
I find myself finding household chores to do instead of watching. That's how bad it is. *shiver*

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

07-19-06, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 3"
I didn't even watch last night. I have it on DVR. If I have nothing else to watch tonight, I might watch it.

A wonderful Tribe original

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

07-19-06, 11:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 3"
Do watch it!!! Some of the performances were incredible, particularly Dilana, Ryan, Magni and Phil.

I missed last season's show with INXS, and only starting watching this lst week - I am absolutely blown away with the talent here. The band, and especially Tommy Lee? No so much.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

07-19-06, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 3"
I hear ya. I'm still enjoying the show, but I went to make a love list and found that I really had nothing to say. No one has blown me away, either by being incredible or horrible. Besides Zayra. I cannot wait for her to leave. She's horrendous. *shudder*

A Tribe work of art

07-19-06, 03:38 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 3"
Well, I disagree on Zayra, but I agree with everything else. I guess I said in the show thread what I'd say in the love list.

07-19-06, 04:01 PM (EST)
37. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 3"
I find that doing chores while it's on is good for me. I don't think I can just sit & watch it.

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-19-06, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 3"
LAST EDITED ON 07-19-06 AT 10:22 AM (EST)

Major shakeup in this week's rankings... The bad are a bit better, the good are a bit worse, and the mediocre are finally starting to show some talent. I had a bit of a headache before I watched, so I might not be able to judge the contestants as objectively as I can.

1. Magni - This season's sleeper may have finally woken up. A few bum but forgivable notes, but otherwise really engaging.

2. Storm Large - Last week, she looked like a Spice Girl. This week, I can't help but see a resemblance to Lindsey Lohan. Good raspy vocals, but seemed drowned out by the band in a few spots. Still, a VERY hot performance.

3. Dilana - I wish she had stuck with the original melody of the chorus, but this week might be the best for her vocals-wise. I was expecting this to be a bit of a disaster, and I'm so glad it didn't turn out to be one.

4. Patrice Pike - The song was a great fit to her voice, but it didn't really pick up until she started moving around.

5. Lukas Rossi - Okay, I didn't understand a word in the verses. He also seemed to have learned absolutely nothing from their vocal coach. Great energy, but a bit too heavy on the theatrics.

6. Phil Ritchie - A couple of very obvious bum notes. The interaction with Jason seemed a bit forced, as if Jason was ignoring him and he wanted to interact with Jason so badly. Still, he didn't get overpowered by the band and actually seemed a bit "inspired" with a Supernova member backing him up.

7. Jill Gioia - I expected something more energetic in the chorus, but still light years better than last week's train wreck. For her, less jumping and screaming actually shows how talented she is.

8. Ryan Star - I'm not completely sold on this song. The performance itself seemed a bit forced, as if he was either holding back or pushing to give something more.

9. Toby Rand - Vocals really weren't that bad. It just came across as boring, bland, and uninspired.

10. Josh Logan - He gave me the impression that he was trying to impersonate Lukas with all the growling and throat constricting. He also sounded a bit nasal when he wasn't growling.

11. Dana Andrews - I didn't think the vocals were that bad. The chorus was a bit out of tune, but it was the non-believability of the performance that really did her in.

12. Zayra Alvarez - I think it's obvious by now that I hate hate hate her voice. This was miles better than her first two performances, but that really isn't saying much. The mellow-ness of her song highlighted the flaws in her vocals.

13. Jenny Galt - I didn't recognize the song until she reached the chorus, and even that was really shaky. She really should've tried to make this song "uglier".

Huge drop

Tommy Lee - Somebody get this guy a blow-up doll. All his "You're so hot" comments make my head hurt even more.

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

07-19-06, 01:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 3"
>>Storm Large...I can't help but see a resemblance to Lindsey Lohan.<<

Heehee! I noticed that wk 1 -- finally posted it in the lookalike thread.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings

07-19-06, 10:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 3"
The Rockers stepped up their game last night. That was the best overall night of performances so far. I'm sure it will only get better. Last night, there were just two categories for me:

Varying Degrees of Greatness

1. Dilana – The Cranberries “Zombie” (1, 6) -- She's on fire. She remains my frontrunner for this band. She has the voice and style that only one other can come close with (Lukas -- Luv ya Glowie ). I just love her. When she is on stage, she demands attention. She is confident without the cockiness. What is strange is that in the house, she is an insecure pussycat. Go figure. She's just great. Did I tell you she's great?

2. Magni – “Plush” (13, 7) -- Magni is obviously doing his thing and Week 1 was an anomaly. He has a tremendous voice and his stage presence the last 2 weeks now confirms that he deserves to be a Rockstar in Iceland. He was amazing.

3. Zayra – “Everybody Hurts” (2, 8) -- I think she has a unique sound and great vocals with the right song/range. Last night, she knocked it out of the park and redeemed herself with the guys. Of course she is not at all a fit with the band, but just for her talent and tenacity I hope she's around for a few more weeks. At least she can sing.

4. Lukas – “Let’s spend the night Together” (5, 3) -- Not sure if there were the mic/sound problems, but his vocals were drowned out a bit. Vocally, his weakest performance. Lucky for Lukas, even his bad is great. If the gig is to be won by stage presence, Lukas only has one competitor - Dilana. I see Lukas & Dilana as the F2 at this point. Both are the whole package for this gig.

5. Phil – “White Rabbit” (14, 10) -- Not as creepy last night. I hope this signals the turning point for Phil and he will continue on this high, but I have a feeling that last night may have been a fluke. Phil was pumped by the fact Newsted was playing with him. Still, it was awesome and nothing can take that away. I'll be watching him closely next week to see if he falls back to the bottom of the pack.

6. Patrice – “Helter Skelter” (7, 11) -- MUCH better than last week. Great vocals and stage presence this week. She may just be a contender for this thing after all.

7. Toby – “Runaway Train” (4, 1) -- He's still my personal favorite, though not for this band . Toby is one of the top overall performers this season and the only reason he's at the bottom of the "Greatness" is because there were some serious performances this week. Great job on this song, it's just that he was outrocked by the above.

8. Storm – “Just what I needed” (6, 2) -- See above post. My only criticism with Storm last night was too much of the psycho eyes. I know she was trying to be sexy/sultry, but for me it came off psycho. Other than that, she's great.

Varying Degrees of Suckitude

9. Ryan – “Fortunate Son” (10, 12) -- Zero personality and needs work on the performance end. His vocals are decent it's just not enough with this year's Rockers. Last year, Neal did this song justice. Ryan, meh. And, by the way, that creepy smile at the end made it worse, not better.

10. Jill – “All Right Now” (12, 14) -- I can't believe Jill is this high on my list. I am NOT a fan, but this week was the best of her worst, with a little less screaming. I just don't like her, but unfortunately for me and my ears there was actually worse than Jill last night.

11. Dana – “It’s my Life” (9, 5) -- She is at the bottom of the list to front this band, but up until this week her vocals have been great. Last night she had good moments and really bad moments. Lucky for Dana and unlucky for my ears, there was worse last night. Like I said last week, she would be better on AI.

12. Josh -- “Come As You Are” (3, 4) -- WTF was THAT??? Did someome spike his drink with something to sabotage him? While he's not right for this band, I thought he was at the top of the list for vocals. Wow, that was just terrible last night. Did he take a hit of helium before his performance? I am dumbfounded.

13. Jenny – “Drive” (11, 13) -- She just doesn't cut it this year. She is more the "coffee house" performer. Maybe she should call Phoebe and see if she wants to get together for performances at Central Perk.

Booted: Chris Pierson (15,9) – Ditto what Dreamer says about this guy.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

tamarama 1785 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Herbal Healing Drugs Endorser"

07-19-06, 11:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tamarama Click to send private message to tamarama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 3"
Apparently I was channeling Gilby Clarke last night – several times I wrote something down…and then he said it. Overall, better than last week, but there’s still a lot of chaff in there.

Much Love:
Dilana – Zombie: This woman is a freak, and I love her. She continues to be the most memorable & interesting. Not the best singer (by a long shot), but absolutely the best performer (also by a long shot).

Toby – Runaway Train: I still love this guy, but he stumbled a tiny bit tonight. I think I understand what he was trying to do by doing a “ballad,” but I think it was too soon to soften things up when the guys keep asking the others to be harder. He also made a big mistake by blocking half his face for the whole song. You need your face. Great voice though, and he’s still right at the top for me.

Yeah!
Patrice (up from Eh) – Helter Skelter: Wow! for the first time, Patrice really impressed me. She didn’t come off as somebody-lite. She’s a good singer, could use a little more presence, but I really liked this.

Phil (up from Eh) – White Rabbit: Hey! Another one that really impressed me for the first time. This song really suited him, and he clearly took the band’s advice – his movement was much stronger. I was also impressed that he didn’t seem to really know the song well when he picked it, but he got a lot of lyrics out without a stumble. Yay!

OK Then!
Magni (up from Eh) – Plush: He sounded really good – much better. I wonder if the coaching session gave him ‘permission’ to sing more than yell. However, I still find him a bit of a snooze, and the GINORMOUS sunglasses were a mistake – Like Toby needs his face, Magni needs his eyes, especially with an emotive song. (I mean that everyone needs eyes & face, it’s just that Toby & Magni covered them up.)

Eh
Storm – Just What I Needed: Eh. She’s ok, I guess. She feels contrived to me – stroking the mic stand? I’m not against planning a movement, but try not to make it look planned. The ‘growl’ part of her voice is badly placed, and therefore sounds like a different singer than her ‘regular’ voice. I guess I just don’t like her.

Ryan (down from Yeah!) – Fortunate Son: Ryan’s losing me. He still sounds good, I guess. But he’s got a perma-scowl – looks like he’s not having any fun (and then Gilby said it).

Josh (down from OK Then!) – Come as You Are: Another one that’s completely losing me. Didn’t believe that at all. AND he’s got a ton of vocal tics/over-stylization that make me nuts – his placement is WAY too far back, he spreads his mouth sideways (smiley) rather than a vertically & relaxed. And like Storm, because the technique is bad, each sound he produces sounds like a different person. That’s not good. I hope they continue to have vocal clinics.

Jill (up from We Suck) – All Right Now: Well, she didn’t suck as badly as last week. She really does have a good voice, and seems to know how to use it, but she OVER SINGS like crazy (and then Gilby said it). She also doesn’t seem to have any dynamics/levels/variety to her performance. Maybe because she couldn’t impersonate a female singer this week. Still don’t like her.

Lucas – Let’s Spend the Night Together: I really can’t stand this guy. His little drama-queen act in the reality episode really turned me off. To make a big scene about not fighting because he can sing anything…and then he gritched about the song he ended up with. As for his performance, he hasn’t loosened up his voice, and the chewy diction makes me nuts. I understand that in rock songs you don’t want perfect diction, but he purposely mangles his diction. On the slow part he sounded like the Tazmanian Devil on ludes. He’s even more affected than Josh.

We Suck
Jenny – Drive: Here’s Folk Gurrl! My first thought was, “They’d better tell her to rock harder after telling Toby (& others).” My second thought was, “This is Lilith Faire.” And then Gilby said it. She’s still not breathing. I would like to have seen what the vocal coach had to say about that.

Dana – It’s My Life: I LOVE talk box!!! *sigh* Reminds me of Peter Frampton. He was sooo dreamy when I was in Jr. High (Sgt Pepper anyone?). This house band is still the most amazing thing about this show. Oh – and Dana was singing. Yes, she can sing (usually), but she’s completely unbelievable. PLUS, this was just bad. She over-sang on one of the big parts, which threw her off-pitch, and she didn’t recover. The 2nd half was an out-of-tune mess.

Zayra – Everybody Hurts: I (like Gilby) thought she should have gone last week. She found new shades of suck. However, their call, they let her stay…so she picks THIS?!?! I like the song, it’s just that when the band is questioning your ability to do dirty rock & roll, why are you singing a soulful ballad? Plus, she just doesn’t sing well. It’s very easy to just blast a loud note, but singing soflty takes skill. Her soft singing was really weak, she was barely in control. Better than last week (periodontal surgery is better than Zayra last week), but she still doesn’t belong here. I got the impression that the guys didn’t really want to spend too much time talking to her.

Bottom 3:
Jenny
Zayra
(should be) Dana

Encore: Dilana

Since the question came up last week about the value of the criticism by the band & Dave, I took extensive (ima geek) notes on what the guys had to say to each singer. MOST of it was very clear & constructive. There was a little bit of Randy-ish "you killed it" kinda stuff -- but since they frequently said MORE than that, it's not the same as Randy. Yes, Tommy had several of his Pig-Clown moments. BUT, Tommy also said some constructive stuff.

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings

07-19-06, 11:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 3"
1. Dilana – The Cranberries “Zombie”
Of course, I've been yelping this one into a hairbrush mike for years, but she did her usual awe-inspiring job, and managed to mostly refrain from the wonderful, but inimitable, celtic seal barking from the original version. Sneetch is now a convert, too.

2. Zayra Alvarez – REM “Everybody Hurts”
I actually didn't hate "You Really Got Me" as much as everyone else. I don't see her fronting a rock band in a zillion years, but she has this nifty Bjorkish quality. What surprised me about how much I liked this song was that I HATE this song. I like REM and I really HATE HATE HATE this song. This song is such an am-radio-touchy-feely-pissy-moany-ghastly-flatulent-hallmark-card-rod-mckuen-poem of an awful awful song. Wait, have I mentioned that I hate the song? But Zayra invested it with an individual flair -- she de-whined it!-- and I liked it *gasps* better than the original. Sneetch agreed. We were starting to worry about what's in the Koolaid at this point.

3. Lukas Rossi – The Rolling Stones “Let’s spend the night Together”
He's great. Yeah yeah yeah. I just can't get over the resemblance to the Children of the Corn kid.

4. Magni – Stone Temple Pilots “Plush”
I always give the guy extra props because I like to say "Reykjavik." I also sing the hell out of this song via hairbrush (no, really, ask my neighbors...they just adore my Stone Temple stylings of an evening). He did it fine.

5. Storm Large – The Cars “Just what I needed”
It all really goes from "eh" on down here for me. Great song, perfectly acceptable version, hot chick, but we all know how easy this is to sing. This is the Joy of Cars. See "ask my neighbors" notes above.

6. Toby Rand – Soul Asylum “Runaway Train”
Another song that does less than zero for me. And then sticks in my head. He did a perfectly pleasant, mediocre job of it.

7. Ryan Star – Creedence Clearwater Revival “Fortunate Son”
Only because I want to put Jill Gioia as low as I possibly can.

8. Dana Andrews – Bon Jovi “It’s my Life”
High school talent competition.

9. Jill Gioia – Free “All right Now”
Her best so far. But I still loathe her.

10. Patrice Pike – The Beatles “Helter Skelter”
Hard to botch. She came close.

11. Jenny Galt – Incubus “Drive”
The Lillith Fair(e?) remark was dead on. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I hear Kim Carnes blowing rasberries.

12. Josh Logan – Nirvana “Come as you Are”
Jeezus, I hate that LA/Counting Crows/back of the tonsils whinesinging.

13. Phil Ritchie – Jefferson Airplane “White Rabbit”
Sorry, Glow, but I thought this SUCKED. SUCKED. I thought he failed to bring any presence to the song, which is ALL about performance, really. I'm not sure he even knew the words. This was a chance to step up and he floundered. To be fair, it was probably nerve-wracking to have Metallica Dood go up there and whale the bass line, but then, isn't that what this competition is about? How well you will front Metallica Dood, et al? Just think what Dilana or even Lukas would have made of that song. Anyway, I am in the minority, I know (although Sneetch agreed, damnit, and she's hundreds of years younger and hipper than I), but to me, Phil's was by the far the most painful performance of the evening.

*ducks and runs*

SherpaDave 8324 desperate attention whore postings

07-19-06, 05:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 3"
You just described, in every way and to a tee, my feelings about "Everybody Whines." And pretty much my reaction to Zayra's take. I still didn't like her. Her pitch was off, etc., but it made me consider a different version of the song that could be *gasp* good. I'd never ever ever have thought it.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

07-19-06, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 3"
Lukas - is at the top of my list this week. I love his stage presence. And I think anyone that is going to front this band has to be a bit of a prima dona to not get overlooked by Tommy Lee's larger than life persona.

Phil - surprised me by being my #2 this week. Of course I'm sure Jason helped put him up there. I loved this performance. I hear Phil ended up with a split lip when he was head banged by Jason. But it was the first time I felt Phil was trying this hard to be right for the band.

Dilana - I was a little disappointed this week. I expected more considering she performs this song in concert all the time. Maybe I am getting used to her and need something different from her.

Magni - this was a very good performance from him. I did not like him the first week. But he seems to have listened to the advice and he has toned down the crazy facial expressions that turned me off.

Toby - really dropped off for me this week. In fact if I hadn't of liked him so much the last couple weeks he would have been further down this list. But I am giving him a break and thinking maybe it was a poor song choice for him. But he needs to step it up next week.

Patrice - I thought she did a very good job. Could have done with a little less of the smiling. But I liked her performance.

Ryan - I don't think this was as bad as SN seemed to. They really do give Ryan a hard time. Makes me wonder why.

Storm - I find her falling down my list. I really liked her alot the first week. But it seems she is getting very theatrical. Her facial expressions and Those Eyes. Reminds me so much of how Suzie would do the Big Eyes during some songs and really annoy me last season. I want Storm to settle down and just sing. She has a great voice.

Jill - I guess she is a good singer. But I just don't like her. Doubt she can turn that around unless I hear of her saving a litter of puppies from drowning in the pool.

Josh - he just is not going to win this thing. He smiles when he shouldn't. And that crazy accent or whatever he did with his voice lastnight just didn't sound right. I kept comparing him to JD's version last season. And Josh was nowhere near that. Why did he fight for this?

Jenny - I think she needs to join Josh in that coffee house. She is talented at her type of singing. But it's oh so wrong for this band. I think she will continue to be in the bottom group until she goes home.

Zayra - lastnight was a better performance for her. But she is also so very wrong for this band. I think she wandered into the wrong audition. It was her best lastnight. But that is still only average to me.

Dana - please take her away. Lastnight she didn't even bring a good voice to the song. She is never going to be right for this band. And I believe SN is begging the audience to put her in the bottom 3 so they can send her home. It is getting painful watching her up there with no idea how wrong she is.

07-19-06, 01:57 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 3"
"Jill - I guess she is a good singer. But I just don't like her. Doubt she can turn that around unless I hear of her saving a litter of puppies from drowning in the pool."

I'm right there with ya on that one. Except for me it's "I.just.DO.NOT. like her."

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

07-19-06, 02:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 3"
>Dana - please take her away.
> Lastnight she didn't even
>bring a good voice to
>the song. She is
>never going to be right
>for this band. And
>I believe SN is begging
>the audience to put her
>in the bottom 3 so
>they can send her home.
> It is getting painful
>watching her up there with
>no idea how wrong she
>is.

Exactly. *crosses fingers* Hopefully, the idiots who are voting will get the hint.

Goddess of the Steeler Nation

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-19-06, 06:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 3"
1. Dilana - Great performance. I thought it was so cool that she actually caught the tambourine at the end. It seemed impromptu and that impressed me (maybe I impress too easily).

2. Lukas - Before I saw Dilana, I thought this was the best performance of the night. I just can't get over his looks (sorry Lukasites!)

3. Phil - He is just so cute. And even though I thought he dropped the first part of the song, I thought he was awesome.

4. Storm - I really want to like her more, but I can't seem to get over the crazy eyes.

5. Magni - He's come into his own. It seems though, that each week is a different impersonation. His performances are good, but he really sounds like each singer a little too much.

6. Jill - Don't really want her this high, but I thought the others were pretty bad.

7. Patrice - Maybe it was my TV, but she sounded like she was drowned out by the band.

8. Josh - Is that even his name? Too cheezy. He's still doing the Stevie Wonder thing.

9. Ryan - Forgettable, except that lame smile at the end.

10. Toby - Not entirely his fault that the song was too mellow.

11. Jenny - The least bad of the bottom 3 -- too Sheryl Crowe for this competition.

12. Dana - DH loves her, but I think she is oh-so bland and some of the camera angles are very unflattering.

13. Zayra - Come On!! Her accent and attitude have killed any chance that she'll ever make it above the last spot in my love list. This is not to say that accents are bad, but she will never front this band, and I want her off my screen sooner than later.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •