The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"why do they complain?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

jdmac44 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-18-06, 11:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jdmac44 Click to send private message to jdmac44 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"why do they complain?"
Why the F@#k do they complain about the competetors song selections when they give them such mellow pop s%$t to choose from??? Everybody Hurts??? How the hell is anyone supposed to rock that one out? Jesus guys, gimme a break! Half of the songs they offer do not appeal to a band with the likes of an ex-Metallica, ex-Motley Crue and ex-Gun's n Roses. Okay, it's a show that's trying to appeal to a mass audience, but if they're going to put pop songs on, they need to stop bashing the performers for song selection or get a softer band to find a singer for. How about some Audioslave? In any case, it's not the singer's fault.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: why do they complain? nailbone 07-19-06 1
   RE: why do they complain? HistoryDetective 07-20-06 4
 RE: why do they complain? Wacko Jacko 07-19-06 2
   It's part of the challenge... Cathy the Canadian 07-21-06 5
       RE: It's part of the challenge... Glow 07-21-06 7
 RE: why do they complain? Reality_Tv_fan_90 07-20-06 3
 RE: why do they complain? geg6 07-21-06 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-19-06, 09:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: why do they complain?"
I agree completely!! If you don't like the songs they choose, give them different choices, or let them pick their own!

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings

07-20-06, 12:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: why do they complain?"
Yeah, the more I watch, the more convinced I become that the three guys in Supernova are all tools. Some of the potential Rock Stars will actually win by losing.

Sigs by Seana and Syren. Bouncie by IceCat. One and Only WeinerGuy.

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

07-19-06, 10:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: why do they complain?"
LAST EDITED ON 07-20-06 AT 12:37 PM (EST)

There is more to it than having just pop songs. Each song showcases certain aspects of one's voice. For example Everybody Hurts showcases ones vocals better than other songs simply because of it's temple. Sure it is pop, but Zayra used that song perfectly last night....so you can not fault her for her selection even though it is a pop song. Playing the proper song and the proper time is a great strategy....Everybody Hurts would of been a bad song selection for Jill, Jenny, Dana, Josh, Ryan, etc. These people are at the point where they need to show they can rock...others like Magni, Dilana, Phil, Zayra.....may want to showcase their vocal talents better and Everybody hurts would not be such a bad song for them to do.

I touched on Tainted Love........Marilyn Manson covered that song.....it was harder driven.......so that song can go many ways....just Jenny is absolutely clueless.

As for Duran Duran, Matt was totally clueless pulling that song out when he needed and was told he needed to rock more. Playing Duran Duran for Matt was a death sentence....might as will played N'Sync.

Song choice is important. I think Phil who seems to lack talent is using his song choice perfectly and will get far in the game just because of his song choices.

Cathy the Canadian 599 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-21-06, 06:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to send private message to Cathy%20the%20Canadian Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "It's part of the challenge..."
LAST EDITED ON 07-21-06 AT 04:08 PM (EST)

I agree with Wacko Jacko, I think these songs are part of the challenge. They want to see what you'll do with it - do you have any creativity.

Remember Marty reworking a Brittney Spears tune last season? And of coarse J.D. reworked most of his stuff.

And already we have Lukas regularily reworking his stuff. And Dilanna did a great job with Ring of Fire, which certainly isn't a heavy song.

If they always picked their own songs, there would be no reason for them to come out of their safety zones, and try something new. It would be BOOORING!!!!

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

07-21-06, 09:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: It's part of the challenge..."
Yep. Yep. I agree with Wacko and Cathy. I think they're definitely looking for somebody who can take a song and put a spin on it "exactly the way" they would.

I'm not so sure though that Jenny was clueless as much as she was just not "roit" for the band. I actually kind of like her. I'd enjoy watching her perform with some of the chick performers that I dig. Lilith Fair, anyone?

And as far as reworking the songs, I think the ONLY one in trouble there would be Dana. I think the others have the definite ability to do it. It all comes down to who wants the gig badly enough and that's where you find your true contenders. Phil, for instance, is openly honest about his wanting to get recognition for his band (Lennex). Not saying Phil isn't a contender, because he definitely is but I just don't think he WANTS this as much as say Lukas (yeah yeah okay and Dilana).

“Music has been my best friend my whole life, because music doesn’t betray you.” - Lukas Rossi

Reality_Tv_fan_90 75 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-20-06, 11:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Reality_Tv_fan_90 Click to send private message to Reality_Tv_fan_90 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: why do they complain?"
I know! If the contestants got to choose their own songs then maybe Supernova would have some "song choice" to b!tch about. I'm not sure if it is Supernova or Rockstar producers/executives that choose the songs, but it is the most retarded thing when they complain about song choice.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

07-21-06, 08:14 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: why do they complain?"
I'm not really sure if the complaints about song choices is really that. I think what they really mean is that if you choose a more "poppy" kind of song, how creative are you about presenting/re-working it to make it fit.

Like others here, I would point to Marty and JD from last year. They did this on a regular basis and it was amazing. Instead of doing Duran Duran like Duran Duran, do it like, say, Radiohead.

Goddess of the Steeler Nation

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •