The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Supernova Love List: week 1 "
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

dreamerbeliever 3377 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-06-06, 00:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dreamerbeliever Click to send private message to dreamerbeliever Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Supernova Love List: week 1 "
LAST EDITED ON 07-06-06 AT 01:02 AM (EST)

Rock Star: Supernova is upon us and in board tradition, so is the Love List. All I can say after the premier is a big … WOW! I am so excited for this upcoming season. The talent level from top to bottom is once again outstanding. An entire season of that unmentionable show was put to shame in about an hour and half.

Now I know that the first week of the love list is the hardest because there so little to go on, but let’s give it a shot. Remember that a love list can be based on anything you like. From the cutest, to he/she had the best voice, to I loved his/her look the most, to this contestant reminds me of my favorite 2nd cousin on my mother’s side, or a mix of all of the above, whatever! As long as your ranking is true to your feelings, then it is correct.

Well I’ve now watched & re-watched the premier a couple times and I’m ready, are you?

1) Dilana – Nirvana “Lithium” Must admit that the girl scares me some and could probably kick my azz but I loved it. The way Dilana didn’t bite on the first 2 jam parts of Lithium and made us wait for her explosion of madness was fantastic! Awesome performance and was by far & away the best of the night in my humble bumble opinion. Only concern is that her gravely voice might get exposed some with soft pop stuff the contestants will eventually have to sing. For pure in your face rock, gimmie Dilana, well done ya freak

2) Zayra Alvarez – Evanescence “Bring me to Life” – Sorry Jason but you can’t marry this girl because she is mine! Oh my freakin’ gawd is this girl hot. Couldn’t wait for the show to be over so I could watch her again. Do I think she is going to win and is right for Supernova? N-O but that doesn’t matter because I’m in love.

3) Lukas Rossi – Billy Idol “Rebel Yell” Now that was a show! Can you say Sid Vicious and the Sex Pistols? Understanding every word that comes from a lead singer’s mouth simply doesn’t matter. Has that rock aura and persona.

4) Matt Hoffer – Coldplay “Yellow” Much like Zayra, no chance of him winning but I have to root for the hometown kid. Plus I really did enjoy the sound of his voice, very soothing.

5) Storm Large – The Who “Pinball Wizard” – Great way to kick off the show! Storm has that power cord range and I have a feeling we will also be blown away when she slows it down. Think Jordis and her version of Baba was a better kickoff to last season but hey I’m biased

6) Ryan Star – Goo Goo Dolls “Iris” Love the Goo Goo Dolls and I didn’t feel violated after his performance. Very entertaining. From NY and looks a little like a young Bruce. Nice.

7) Josh Logan – Black Crowes “She Talks to Angels” Josh may have the best male voice this season but are the intangibles there? Wish I knew the direction Supernova wanted to go before I get to invested in Josh. Hoping for great things from him.

8) Patrice Pike – Jefferson Airplane “Somebody to Love” Same as Josh, think Patrice my have the best overall female voice and hoping for great things.

9) Jenny Galt – Nickelback “How you Remind Me” Yeah she is more pop than rock but thought it was good. Like Zayra & Matt, probably not gonna win the gig but I will enjoy her talents on the show while it last.

10) Toby Rand – Bob Dylan “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door” Not blown away or just didn’t feel it.

11) Phil Ritchie – Living Colour “Cult of Personality” Not blown away or just didn’t feel it.

12) Jill Gioia – Janis Joplin “Piece of my Heart” Not blown away or just didn’t feel it.

13) Magni – Rolling Stones “Satisfaction” Maybe the song just didn’t suit him? If Supernova wants to go “heavy” then maybe he has a chance. Otherwise, make Iceland proud with what little time you get.

14) Dana Andrews – Melissa Etheridge “I’m the Only One” So you want go from your first ever airplane ride to fronting a band in front of thousands of people? Not a chance. She’s seems sweet, but so out of her element. The pipes seems to be there but not ready.

15) Chris Pierson – Police “Roxanne” Chris I think we’re hardly going to know ya.

Here’s an easy cut & paste list in the order the contestants appeared for your own love list and have fun with it!

Storm Large – The Who “Pinball Wizard”
Ryan Star – Goo Goo Dolls “Iris”
Toby Rand – Bob Dylan “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door”
Patrice Pike – Jefferson Airplane “Somebody to Love”
Magni – Rolling Stones “Satisfaction”
Zayra Alvarez – Evanescence “Bring me to Life”
Jenny Galt – Nickelback “How you Remind Me”
Josh Logan – Black Crowes “She Talks to Angels”
Matt Hoffer – Coldplay “Yellow”
Dilana – Nirvana “Lithium”
Dana Andrews – Melissa Etheridge “I’m the Only One”
Phil Ritchie – Living Colour “Cult of Personality”
Jill Gioia – Janis Joplin “Piece of my Heart”
Chris Pierson – Police “Roxanne”
Lukas Rossi – Billy Idol “Rebel Yell”

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 eastcoaster99 07-06-06 1
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 Glow 07-06-06 2
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 nailbone 07-06-06 3
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 Hoobie 07-06-06 11
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 geg6 07-06-06 4
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 brvnkrz 07-06-06 5
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 Wacko Jacko 07-06-06 6
       RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 dreamerbeliever 07-07-06 25
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 Bebo 07-06-06 7
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 xwraith27 07-06-06 8
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 Glow 07-06-06 9
       RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 xwraith27 07-06-06 10
           RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 Glow 07-06-06 13
               RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 xwraith27 07-06-06 22
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 Magnolia_Rocker 07-07-06 26
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 cheesybread 07-07-06 37
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 arkiegrl 07-06-06 12
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 Glow 07-06-06 14
       RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 arkiegrl 07-06-06 15
           RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 LittleFox 07-06-06 17
               RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 xwraith27 07-06-06 23
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 Magnolia_Rocker 07-07-06 27
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 SherpaDave 07-06-06 16
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 CattyChat 07-06-06 18
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 djandy 07-06-06 19
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 Wacko Jacko 07-06-06 20
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 Glow 07-07-06 24
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 Loree 07-06-06 21
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 SilverStar 07-07-06 28
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 Glow 07-07-06 29
       RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 SilverStar 07-07-06 31
           RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 Glow 07-07-06 32
               RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 SilverStar 07-07-06 34
                   RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 Glow 07-07-06 36
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 Glow 07-07-06 30
       RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 SilverStar 07-07-06 33
           RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 Glow 07-07-06 35
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 cheesybread 07-07-06 38
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 MizJazmine 07-09-06 39
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 DSD 07-10-06 40
 RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 Glow 07-10-06 41
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 SilverStar 07-10-06 42
       RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 Glow 07-10-06 43
   RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 dreamerbeliever 07-10-06 44

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

eastcoaster99 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-06-06, 01:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail eastcoaster99 Click to send private message to eastcoaster99 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 "
Storm Large – The Who “Pinball Wizard”....definite talent, will last a while
Ryan Star – Goo Goo Dolls “Iris”....alright, i wouldn't have picked the song
Toby Rand – Bob Dylan “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door”....great voice, excited to hear him do something harder
Patrice Pike – Jefferson Airplane “Somebody to Love”....alright, not too exciting
Magni – Rolling Stones “Satisfaction”....not a fan
Zayra Alvarez – Evanescence “Bring me to Life”...not a fan
Jenny Galt – Nickelback “How you Remind Me”...not a fan
Josh Logan – Black Crowes “She Talks to Angels”...awesome voice, one of the best ones
Matt Hoffer – Coldplay “Yellow”....bad song to sing
Dilana – Nirvana “Lithium"...great energy, excited to see more from her
Dana Andrews – Melissa Etheridge “I’m the Only One”...not too exciting
Phil Ritchie – Living Colour “Cult of Personality”...my pick. i am biased however, i have been a fan of his band lennex for years and have seen him perform countless times. he has a great stage presence, unique voice, and i think after people see other songs from him they will see that he is much better than his first performance
Jill Gioia – Janis Joplin “Piece of my Heart”...good, not great
Chris Pierson – Police “Roxanne”....bad bad song
Lukas Rossi – Billy Idol “Rebel Yell”...definitely looks the part, can sing, excited for other songs.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-06-06, 07:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 "
LAST EDITED ON 07-06-06 AT 08:21 AM (EST)

LAST EDITED ON 07-06-06 AT 07:51 AM (EST)

I'm in heaven, dude. This show is crazy.

1) Lukas Rossi – Billy Idol “Rebel Yell” *jaw drop* I’m in total awe of this guy. I’m speechless. So... “That was insane, dude. That was awesome. The fact that I don’t know of you yet is why a show like this is so important. That was incredible.” – Dave “Can you say Rockstar?” – Tommy
So umm, yeah. What they said. It's cool to continue with the competition anyway though. I’m not sure if I’m in love with him, his performance or him because of his performance. *fangirl triple heartbeat*
2) Dilana – Nirvana “Lithium” oh my. She scares the crap out of me and that is so hot. I want to be her slave. Dog collar, leash, whatever, as long as I get to follow her around. I’m in love.
3) Josh Logan – Black Crowes “She Talks to Angels” In love. He’s perfect. Flawless. *swoon*
4) Zayra Alvarez – Evanescence “Bring me to Life” – Very nice. Ambitious.
5) Patrice Pike – Jefferson Airplane “Somebody to Love” She’s incredibly talented.
6) Toby Rand – Bob Dylan “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door” He was one of the ones I wasn’t impressed with on their myspace pages. But I really really liked him.
7) Ryan Star – Goo Goo Dolls “Iris” mmm. I’m in love with his stuff on his myspace page and his recording voice.
8) Storm Large – The Who “Pinball Wizard” – Love her. She’s freaky, beautiful and very talented.
9) Magni – Rolling Stones “Satisfaction” The dude is the singer of the #1 band in Iceland. That means something. I didn’t understand the “Vegas” comparison.
10) Dana Andrews – Melissa Etheridge “I’m the Only One” She’s hot. She could really make something of this. Not the lead singer of Supernova, but certainly something.
11) Matt Hoffer – Coldplay “Yellow” I liked it. I’m not totally sold though.
12) Phil Ritchie – Living Colour “Cult of Personality” hmm. I really expected to like him more. His band is really good.
13) Jill Gioia – Janis Joplin “Piece of my Heart” The scream at the end puts her way down here.
14) Chris Pierson – Police “Roxanne” hmm. I’m not sure I didn’t like it but I’m not sure I did so he’s down here.
15) Jenny Galt – Nickelback “How you Remind Me” Nickelback? *gag* Even if she didn’t suck she’d be down here by default. Me no likey Jenny.

edit to switch Phil and Jill and fix bold and add hearts

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-06, 09:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 "
LAST EDITED ON 07-06-06 AT 10:08 AM (EST)

Well, I didn't get to see all of them, but my impressions of the ones I did see...

Storm Large – The Who “Pinball Wizard”...learn the lyrics!!! It's "supple wrists" and "intuition", not "subtle wrists" and "instant replay".

Ryan Star – Goo Goo Dolls “Iris”...not bad at all.

Zayra Alvarez – Evanescence “Bring me to Life”..missed her, but saw her on the recap at the end. I, too, am in LOVE!!!!

Jenny Galt – Nickelback “How you Remind Me”...ick. Very pitchy.

Dilana – Nirvana “Lithium” ...wow!

Jill Gioia – Janis Joplin “Piece of my Heart”...wow again!

Chris Pierson – Police “Roxanne”...dood. Just, dood.

Lukas Rossi – Billy Idol “Rebel Yell” ...not bad, but he looks like Clint Howard (Ron Howard's little brother that's in all of his movies)

BYW, didja notice that while they critiqued some of the guys, and were especially hard on Chris, they had nothing bad to say about any of the women, no matter how bad their performance?

Sig by Slice

Holey carp! My blog! MySpace!
Official OT Tassel Adjuster and OT Fantasy Football Champ! o-

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-06-06, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 "
LAST EDITED ON 07-06-06 AT 12:18 PM (EST)

Thank you!!! I too, said that Storm F-d up the words, and DH didn't hear it. I thought that I was going crazy. The band should've said something about that.

Other than that (and I do think that is HUGE), she was one of the better women.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-06, 09:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 "
LAST EDITED ON 07-06-06 AT 09:05 AM (EST)

Holy carp! That was off the hook!

Sorry AI. Again, the talent here is just amazing.

1. Dilana – Nirvana “Lithium” - Whoa. Girlfriend scares the heck outta me, but she totally kicked azz. First person who ever sang that song that didn't make me yearn for Kurt.

2. Lukas Rossi – Billy Idol “Rebel Yell” - This is what rock and roll is all about. Dood totally kicked it.

3. Josh Logan – Black Crowes “She Talks to Angels” - Man, I just love that song. Not sure he's the right singer for this band, but I thought that was just fantastic.

4. Storm Large – The Who “Pinball Wizard” - I think this is a very difficult song to pull off. I've never felt that Elton's version for the film was all that good, so I was a little nervous when she began this. But she totally did. I'm impressed.

5. Toby Rand – Bob Dylan “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door” - Another very difficult one to pull off, especially since it's been done to death. And with Gilby Clark there even. So I have to give the boy props for an excellent, original version.

6. Ryan Star – Goo Goo Dolls “Iris” - Very good rendition of a song that I'm not so sure is the right one for this band. Nice voice, though.

7. Zayra Alvarez – Evanescence “Bring me to Life” - A pretty decent version, but I didn't like it as much as the band did. She's here just because that song totally rocks.

8. Matt Hoffer – Coldplay “Yellow” - He's a good singer, but I'm not sold. Could just be his song choice since I'm not a fan of Coldplay. But at least it wasn't Nickelback.

9. Phil Ritchie – Living Colour “Cult of Personality” - It ahright, I guess.

10. Patrice Pike – Jefferson Airplane “Somebody to Love” - Again, just okay for me. She's definitely no Grace Slick.

11. Dana Andrews – Melissa Etheridge “I’m the Only One” -Another mediocre one for me. Seemed too Melissa to me. A pale imitation, at that.

12. Jenny Galt – Nickelback “How you Remind Me” - It might have been better than I rate it. But I just can't beyond my utter detestation of Nickelback. If that's the case here, too bad. She loses points for horrible song choice if nothing else.

13. Magni – Rolling Stones “Satisfaction” - Dood. You might be the biggest thing ever in your frozen homeland populated by about six dozen people. But you're in America now. And a dozen bar bands just here in Beaver County do a better rendition of that than you do.

14. Jill Gioia – Janis Joplin “Piece of my Heart” - Sacrilege. That's all I have to say about that.

15. Chris Pierson – Police “Roxanne” - Just plain bad. Go home. Now.

Goddess of the Steeler Nation
Edited to fix html.

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-06, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 "
1. Lukas--Based on last night's performance, I can see him fronting this band.
2. Dilana-Ohhhhh Myyyyy Gawwwwwd-That is all.
3. Storm-Loved her. If the first two can't front this band, then I think Storm would be a good third choice.
4. Josh
5. Patrice-I thought she did a great job on this
6. Ryan
7. Jill--not many can do Janis and I can't help but compare. She didn't butcher it but she didn't pull it off either
8. Phil--not bad
9. Toby-eh, it was okay
10. Matt-to be honest, I don't really remember his performance
11. Dana--I've seen very few musicians who can pull off Melissa. Maybe I'm justed biased because Melissa is an icon and hero of mine.
12. Chris-based on performance he should be lower. But that took guts, so I'll put him here
13. Zayra--um, no.
14. Jenny--Was that even in tune?
15. Magni--what the hell was that trainwreck?

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

07-06-06, 10:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 "
LAST EDITED ON 07-06-06 AT 11:41 AM (EST)

1) Toby Rand – Bob Dylan “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door” Seems innovative and talented. Not sure if is the best for the band...but might be. Showed signs of JD. Willing to take chances and it paid off the first episode.
2) Dilana – Nirvana “Lithium” Ranked up here because on her first performance she seemed like an ideal fit for the band. Personally I am not looking forward to looking at that for the whole summer...but she performed.
3) Lukas Rossi – Had a nice performance on a song that was the perfect choice for the band. Seemed to have confidence and stage presence. I do disgree with he took the song and made it his own. Seemed very close to the original...even in the voice.
4) Josh Logan – Black Crowes “She Talks to Angels” Seems like an interesting performer. Get a sense though that he will seem redundant as the season goes on.....like Marty was too me after about 5 episodes last season
5) Zayra Alvarez – Evanescence “Bring me to Life” – Interesting performance. Will be interesting to see how she goes the rest of the season.
6) Storm Large – The Who “Pinball Wizard” – "Ever since I was a young boy"? Could change a word here and there....really.....it's ok. Give her credit forbeing first.
7) Jill Gioia – Janis Joplin “Piece of my Heart” Song suited her perfectly, we'll see.
8) Ryan Star – Goo Goo Dolls “Iris” We'll see. Don't know what to say about him yet. At times reminds me of Adam Sandler.
9) Chris Pierson – Police “Roxanne” I thought he get reemed unfairly. He took a chance. The band hated him....I kinda liked it. His voice and stage persence seemed good to me. Musta been tough after seeing the looks on the faces of SuperNova while performing. Bet he takes it conservatively tonight. Hope he is given another chance because he could work.
10) Phil Ritchie – Living Colour “Cult of Personality” Did not really like his performance but has more potential then those listed below him.
11) Matt Hoffer – Coldplay “Yellow” Like his performance, but don't see him as a fit for this band. If it were me and I were SuperNova I would eliminate people like him first. Keep those that have potential for the band around. He reminded me of Mig. Does Mig work for SuperNova? Hell no!
12) Magni – Rolling Stones “Satisfaction” I agree with whoever said this....I didn’t understand the “Vegas” comparison. I think he could have potential. He had some good moments and some poor ones. Give him a little more time.
13) Patrice Pike – Jefferson Airplane “Somebody to Love” For some reason I hated her performance. Even the house band did not sound good on this one. Seems boring to me.
14) Dana Andrews – Melissa Etheridge “I’m the Only One” Snoozer. Didn't we see this song performed a few too many times last season. Not really her fault but she just seemed to look like one of the mediocre performers from last season. Even her name is boring. Wasn't there a person from season one called Dana Andrews???
15) Jenny Galt – Nickelback “How you Remind Me” Another who just doesn't fit for the band. Don't see the potential. Some of the artists from this season like her are talented but just not fits for this band. I can see her performing like this every week.

07-07-06, 00:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dreamerbeliever Click to send private message to dreamerbeliever Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 "
Matt Hoffer – If it were me and I were SuperNova I would eliminate people like him first.

Nice call Wacko

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-06, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 "
Thanks for the cut and paste list - really made this easier.

I made Mr B watch with me. Since he's a classical singer, it's fun to get his opinions on the music shows. I could tell he enjoyed this a lot more than when I used to make him watch Idol.

Dilana – Nirvana “Lithium” - I have a bias against the one-name artists, courtesy of American Idol and Last Comic Standing, so I was biased against her before she started. Then she creeped me out, which really made me want to dismiss her before she even sang. But then she got up on stage. I never thought of myself as a Nirvana fan, but dang, I was blown away by what she did with this song. Looking forward to seeing what she does next.
Lukas Rossi – Billy Idol “Rebel Yell” - Another one that almost turned me off with the creepy factor (see Dilana), but once he started to perform, I forgot all of that and just enjoyed what he delivered.
Toby Rand – Bob Dylan “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door” - Mr B really liked his voice and liked how he could project. Some of the others got swallowed up by the band, but not him.
Storm Large – The Who “Pinball Wizard” - Energetic way to start the show. Sometimes when someone is that theatrical, they're trying to cover up for weak vocals. I don't think that's the case with her, but her vocals were getting lost amidst the show.
Ryan Star – Goo Goo Dolls “Iris” - Had a lot of moments I liked. I'm looking forward to what he's going to do next.
Patrice Pike – Jefferson Airplane “Somebody to Love” - I liked it. Looking forward to hearing more. Hasn't shown the stage presence of Dilana and Storm, which is why I want to see what else she's capable of.
Josh Logan – Black Crowes “She Talks to Angels” - He just looks too sweet to hang out with that crew. (or should I say crue?)
Jill Gioia – Janis Joplin “Piece of my Heart” - Not bad, but she's no Janis Joplin. She just came across as a big little wannabe. Maybe she'll impress me more on a different song, where she doesn't have to live up to as much.
Zayra Alvarez – Evanescence “Bring me to Life” - She was all over the place at the beginning of this one. Yeah, I know that's how it goes with Evanescence, but you've got to have the right touch to make ethereal work, and she doesn't have it. But once she cranked it up, then I enjoyed it much more.
Matt Hoffer – Coldplay “Yellow” - Meh.
Dana Andrews – Melissa Etheridge “I’m the Only One” - She's so cute. But when I think of rock, cutedoesn't come to mind.
Phil Ritchie – Living Colour “Cult of Personality” - Meh.
Jenny Galt – Nickelback “How you Remind Me” - Mr B said it best: "I can't understand anyone who can't stay on key." So he didn't understand her.
Magni – Rolling Stones “Satisfaction” - Mr B wondered why he even bothered to try pulling off the Stones. Blah performance.
Chris Pierson – Police “Roxanne” - While I'd like to give him some credit for trying to put his own stamp on this song, I didn't like what he did with it. If you're going to take a risk, you better be able to deliver on it.

xwraith27 1136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-06-06, 10:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 "
LAST EDITED ON 07-06-06 AT 10:49 AM (EST)

1. Toby Rand - Not sure he'll be a great fit to Supernova, but vocally, he was by far the best in the competition. My wife thinks he looks a bit like Val Kilmer, and that never hurts.

2. Storm Large - HOT, great voice, solid stage presence. My pick to win among the women.

3. Dilana - OK, does anybody else think she can pass as Undertaker's daugher? Seriously, she's not the best vocalist but she's an amazing showman; I found her performance to be about more style than substance.

4. Ryan Star - I find it interesting that no one seems to talk about how the contestants interacted with each other in the mansion. Anyway, he's got some pitch problems throughout the performance, but otherwise, he was great. My wife thinks he looks like John Cusack. I say David Blaine.

5. Lukas Rossi - I'm not a fan of the style and the styling (I have a thing against guys wearing eyeliner), but he's pretty good.

6. Dana Andrews - I seem to be one of the few who actually like this performance. I just do. Plus she's cute. She looks like Ayla. I love Ayla.

7. Josh Logan - Take away the voice and the piercings and he looks like someone from a boy band. I love the voice though, and I love the song.

8. Jill Gioia - Again, I seem to be the only one to rank Jill this high. For some reason, I liked her version of "Piece of My Heart". The shriek wasn't overpowering, but I found her movement onstage to be a bit awkward.

9. Patrice Pike - I forgot what she did halfway through the competition.

10. Magni - He has this rare gift of taking a great song and made it absolutely boring.

11. Phil Ritchie - Seemed a bit winded by the middle of the song. His prancing onstage, like Jill, was a bit awkward and forced.

12. Jenny Galt - OK, now I remember who her voice reminds me of: Heather Cox. Who, you ask? My point exactly. Monotonous, boring, and generic.

13. Matt Hoffer - Yawn.

14. Chris Pierson - Clearly strained through the high notes. And he's the second singer to make me visibly cringe at the sound of his voice. The first one? See below.

15. Zayra Alvarez - Trust me on this one. She hit a lot of notes on that song. Unfortunately, almost all of those notes were wrong. I like the tail of her dress, if it's any consolation.

07-06-06, 11:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 "
4. Ryan Star - I find it interesting that no one seems to talk about how the contestants interacted with each other in the mansion.

I didn't see any of that footage. Did something of note happen with Ryan?

"5. Lukas Rossi - I'm not a fan of the style and the styling (I have a thing against guys wearing eyeliner), but he's pretty good."

"Pretty good"? *blink* "Pretty good"? *dies*

"15. Zayra Alvarez - Trust me on this one. She hit a lot of notes on that song. Unfortunately, almost all of those notes were wrong.

I'm not totally sold on her so I'm not going to argue with anybody that didn't like her.

I like the tail of her dress, if it's any consolation."

07-06-06, 12:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail xwraith27 Click to send private message to xwraith27 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 "
I didn't see any of that footage. Did something of note happen with Ryan?

Well, Ryan appeared to be the "loner" of the fifteen. He was left out during room selection, and was only able to pick a room after everybody else has. Everyone else seems to have partnered up with someone else.

Great clip too during when all the rockers were introducing themselves... Jill says something like, "I'm Jill. I'm Italian, and I love to cook sauce." Then Lukas introduces himself with, "I'm Lukas, (something something). I'm here to win." Everyone was like, "Ooooooh".

"5. Lukas Rossi - I'm not a fan of the style and the styling (I have a thing against guys wearing eyeliner), but he's pretty good."

"Pretty good"? *blink* "Pretty good"? *dies*

Well, yeah. I didn't really understand a word he sang. I don't have that great of a command of the English language, so that must be it. But I really thought he was mumbly and after a while, I just decided that I'd judge him on his tone and not on how well I understand (or not understand) the song.

BTW, I wasn't really familiar with most of the songs featured yesterday, even those sung by the more popular artists. I'm not a fan of hard rock myself, but I am a fan of music and of singing contests in general.

07-06-06, 12:22 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 "
You can only see the house stuff online, right?

Interesting about Ryan. hmmm.
Way to go Lukas! He's awesome.

This is a great show to watch no matter what style of music you like. These contestants are so talented and it's criminal that most of us haven't heard of them before. Criminal.

07-06-06, 07:49 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 "
You can only see the house stuff online, right?

I'm not sure, but my cable channel shows a 30-minute episode about the "house stuff" right before the show. I live in Asia though.

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

07-07-06, 09:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 "
15. Zayra Alvarez - Trust me on this one. She hit a lot of notes on that song. Unfortunately, almost all of those notes were wrong. I like the tail of her dress, if it's any consolation.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I thought she totally sucked. The wench massacred one of my favorite songs. Grrrrrr.

Summer siggy thanks to Syren!

cheesybread 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-07-06, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cheesybread Click to send private message to cheesybread Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 "
"4. Ryan Star - I find it interesting that no one seems to talk about how the contestants interacted with each other in the mansion. Anyway, he's got some pitch problems throughout the performance, but otherwise, he was great. My wife thinks he looks like John Cusack. I say David Blaine."

I think he looks like Adam Rodriguez (sp?) from CSI:miami.

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-06, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 "
Dilana – Nirvana “Lithium”
Toby Rand – Bob Dylan “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door”
Lukas Rossi – Billy Idol “Rebel Yell”
Jenny Galt – Nickelback “How you Remind Me”
Chris Pierson – Police “Roxanne”
Zayra Alvarez – Evanescence “Bring me to Life”
Phil Ritchie – Living Colour “Cult of Personality”

07-06-06, 12:23 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 "
Sweetie, you might want to recheck your list. It got all messed up somehow.

arkiegrl 9421 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-06, 12:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail arkiegrl Click to send private message to arkiegrl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 "
Nope. Dilana is first, and the rest don't matter.

LittleFox 127 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-06, 01:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LittleFox Click to send private message to LittleFox Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 "
LAST EDITED ON 07-06-06 AT 01:05 PM (EST)

I feel you!

Wow - I really found the talent to be lacking this year! Last year far outweighed what I saw last night! Only 3 to even consider for me:
1. Dilana
2. Toby
3. Josh ( but I think he is too young for this band - should go out on his own!)So maybe put Lukas here.

<>

07-06-06, 09:03 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 "
Same here, LittleFox. Week 1 was a bit unmemorable for me. Only a few standout performances, with the others just forgettable or downright bad. My early picks to win are Storm, Dilana, and Lukas. The others just don't look like they'd fit well with Supernova.

Magnolia_Rocker 2139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

07-07-06, 09:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Magnolia_Rocker Click to send private message to Magnolia_Rocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 "
1. Dilana - Nirvana "Lithium"
2. Lukas Rossi - Billy Idol "Rebel Yell"
3. Storm Large - "The Who "Pinball Wizard"
4. Toby Rand - Bob Dylan "Knockin' on Heaven's Door"
5. Josh Logan - Black Crowes "She Talks to Angels"

**BIG DROP**

6. Patrice Pike - Jefferson Airplane "Somebody to Love"
7. Dana Andrews - Melissa Etheridge "I'm the Only One"
8. Jill Gioia - Janis Joplin "Piece of My Heart"
9. Jenny Galt - Nickelback "How you Remind Me"
10. Matt Hoffer - Coldplay "Yellow"
11. Magni - Rolling Stones "Satisfaction"
12. Ryan Star - Goo Goo Dolls "Iris"
13. Phile Ritchie - "Cult of Personality"
14. Chris Pierson - Police "Roxanne"
15. Zayra Alvarez - Evanescence "Bring me to Life"

Summer siggy thanks to Syren!

SherpaDave 8324 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-06, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 "
1. Dilana – Nirvana “Lithium” - I liked her as soon as she did the shadow boxing thing right before going on stage. This is going to sound weird, but it reminded me of when Ali was in Africa to fight Foreman and people chanted, "Ali, boo ma yay" (no clue how that should be spelled). In her hoodie, she looked like a boxer. Add in the South African heritage and it made me think back. Weird, no? Which, of course, says nothing about her performance, but everyone's covered that really well. She rawked.
2. Lukas Rossi – Billy Idol “Rebel Yell” - What is it about homeless Canadian guys and this show? He carried himself more like a rock star than anyone else on the show, even more than Dilana. He's already a rock star. We just hadn't heard of him yet.
3. Toby Rand – Bob Dylan “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door” - Pretty ballsy to do this in front of a GNR vet, and he nailed it. And you could see Gilby was impressed. So was I.
4. Storm Large – The Who “Pinball Wizard” - Kicked off the show proper.
5. Josh Logan – Black Crowes “She Talks to Angels” - He could be a very, very interesting choice to front this band. I doubt it'll happen, but he'd give them a totally unique sound.
6. Jill Gioia – Janis Joplin “Piece of my Heart” - Expected to hate her, but didn't. And she didn't slaughter Janis, which says something. I doubt she'll stay very high for me, though.
7. Patrice Pike – Jefferson Airplane “Somebody to Love” - Good. Not great, but good.
8. Chris Pierson – Police “Roxanne” - Putting him here mostly out of sympathy, probably. One of several that were okay, but not great. Yeah, it was a different version, and yeah, he should have chosen a different song. But he was on key for what it was. Just wasn't anything special.
9. Dana Andrews – Melissa Etheridge “I’m the Only One” - On performance alone, she should probably be a tad higher, but... she should be on American Idol, not on RockStar.
10. Ryan Star – Goo Goo Dolls “Iris” - Eh. I really don't like Goo Goo Dolls. Yeah, I know it's sacrilege to a lot of people, but I've just never gotten the appeal. I hate this guy's name, too. Just pure mediocrity all around.
11. Phil Ritchie – Living Colour “Cult of Personality” - Another exercise in mediocrity. Good song, not very good delivery.
12. Zayra Alvarez – Evanescence “Bring me to Life” - I just don't get the appeal others are getting. Sorry. And I didn't even like the tail of the dress.
13. Matt Hoffer – Coldplay “Yellow” - Completely the wrong fit for this band. Didn't think it was a very good performance of the song, either. The falsetto parts hurt.
14. Jenny Galt – Nickelback “How you Remind Me” - Could barely hear her. Which may not be such a bad thing.
15. Magni – Rolling Stones “Satisfaction” - Vegas? No. Disdainful of the band and the audience? Yes. He kept making these faces like, "What's your problem?" Hated, hated, hated him.

See Dave write. See Dave edit. See Dave blog.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-06, 01:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 "
LAST EDITED ON 07-06-06 AT 02:15 PM (EST)

I wasn't sure how much I was going to enjoy this season's RockStar, since "Supernova" isn't near and dear to my heart as INXS was and this season will be without JD. HOWEVER, talent is great to watch, no matter what the end goal/result is.

Before I start my list, I have to say that my overall opinion is the gals ROCK and are head and shoulders above the guys who, with the exception of just couple of them, were really disappointing IMO.

Edited to make a couple very important changes to my list after doing a double check of the performances (I confused one of my faves for a bad performance and I also took the time to watch the 1st ep of the "reality show.")

Simply Mesmerizing

1) Dilana – Nirvana “Lithium” -- Scary? Yes. Hot? Yes, in a scary sorta way. I couldn't keep my eyes off her. She sounded and looked amazing last night and if I had to pick a winner after last night's show, SHE IS IT!!! She looks/sounds like a great fit for the band so far.

2) Zayra Alvarez – Evanescence “Bring me to Life” –-Unique sound/look. I was mesmerized by her performance.

3) Josh Logan – Black Crowes “She Talks to Angels” -- GREAT performance. I can't see him as a fit for Supernova, but I hope he lasts awhile because he is talented. One of only 3 guys that actually impressed me last night.

4) Toby Rand – Bob Dylan “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door” -- Another one with a great voice and talent, but doubt he's a match for the band. I hope he's around for awhile to listen to his vocals and his accent.

5) Lukas Rossi – Billy Idol “Rebel Yell” -- Not my cup of tea, but he was amazing. I probably enjoyed him more than I normally would since most of the guys were just awful last night. Not too impressed with his 'tude at the house. Sorry, but you're no JD Fortune who was a bad boy with good intentions.

Simply too Good to Miss

6) Storm Large – The Who “Pinball Wizard” –- Great start for the night.

7) Patrice Pike – Jefferson Airplane “Somebody to Love” -- Loved it.

8) Matt Hoffer – Coldplay “Yellow” -- I like his sound, but he doesn't have a chance in heck of winning. Not the right style and it will look like 3 old men and a 12 year old boy and that is just perverted.

9) Dana Andrews – Melissa Etheridge “I’m the Only One” --I loved her vocals and she is adorable, but I can't see her fronting this band. Three dirty old men and a Catholic School girl -- again, perverted. I hope she lasts a little while, just to hear her voice.

Simply There

10) Ryan Star – Goo Goo Dolls “Iris” -- Not bad, but not memorable. Also, I'm not liking his 'tude at the house. Why are you there if you're just going to lay low and not step up on anything. Boo!

11) Jenny Galt – Nickelback “How you Remind Me” -- To me, it was weak and lacked fire and excitement. Meh.

12) Jill Gioia – Janis Joplin “Piece of my Heart” -- It seems like she was trying too hard. It just didn't sit well with me.

13) Magni – Rolling Stones “Satisfaction” -- It wasn't terrible, but I just wasn't that impressed. Not sure what it was. His stage presence and overall personality is lacking so far.

Simply Pathetic

14) Phil Ritchie – Living Colour “Cult of Personality” PUTRID. I guess he didn't watch last season where Ty did an awesome job with this song.

15) Chris Pierson – Police “Roxanne” This guy made the top 15? There's no crying in baseball, see ya later!!

Should be Bottom 3:
Chris / Phil / Magni

If Chris pulls out a great final performance, I could see Magni going home as it seems Chris made a good impression when they contestants first met the band in the recording studio.

Kind Creation of ARNutz

djandy 1711 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Peanut Festival Grand Marshall"

07-06-06, 03:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail djandy Click to send private message to djandy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 "
1.) Dilana – Nirvana “Lithium” - Powerful performance, but the rock out part was a little spastic. Still, awesome.
2.) Josh Logan – Black Crowes “She Talks to Angels” - Strong lungs that weren't drowned out by the band.
3.) Ryan Star – Goo Goo Dolls “Iris” - Probably ranked this high because I love the song so much. I look forward to seeing what he does in the future.
4.) Toby Rand – Bob Dylan “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door” - liked the arrangement.
5.) Patrice Pike – Jefferson Airplane “Somebody to Love” - Powerful vocals.
6.) Lukas Rossi – Billy Idol “Rebel Yell” - A little too much screaming instead of singing, but maybe that's what they're looking for.
7.) Dana Andrews – Melissa Etheridge “I’m the Only One” - too sweet for Tommy Lee, but I enjoyed her singing.
8.) Storm Large – The Who “Pinball Wizard” - Seems a bit like Jessica from Season 1 - style over substance (get the words right).
9.) Zayra Alvarez – Evanescence “Bring me to Life” - Again ranked high probably because I love the song.
10.) Jill Gioia – Janis Joplin “Piece of my Heart” - Could also be a Jessica from Season 1 - style over substance.
11.) Matt Hoffer – Coldplay “Yellow” - Poor song choice. Would love to see him rock out next week.
12.) Jenny Galt – Nickelback “How you Remind Me” - Voice seemed to little too girlish for this rock band.
13.) Phil Ritchie – Living Colour “Cult of Personality” - unmemorable.
14.) Chris Pierson – Police “Roxanne” - Horrible arrangement. Would like to see him stay to sing other stuff, though.
15.) Magni – Rolling Stones “Satisfaction” - His interaction with the audience, basically chastising them through facial expressions and arm movements for not getting into his singing, said it all. They weren't into it because he was slaughtering a classic.

djandy
S8 ABC Red Ink Champ, S7 ABPABC Red Ink Champ, CMY FOMO Red Ink Champ

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

07-06-06, 04:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 "

>8.) Storm Large – The Who
>“Pinball Wizard” - Seems a
>bit like Jessica from Season
>1 - style over substance
>(get the words right).

Exactly what I was thinking, but didn't say. I saw Jessica when she was performing. She was ok, but did not knock my socks off.

07-07-06, 00:02 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 "
"8.) Storm Large – The Who “Pinball Wizard” - Seems a bit like Jessica from Season 1 - style over substance"

*boggle*

an arkie work of art

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-06, 05:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 "
1. Dilana/Lukas Rossi - I can't pick between these two. But they are definitely my faves so far. They are the two I couldn't take my eyes off of.

So then comes

3. Toby Rand - I really liked him and thought he was great.

4. Storm Large - she was my fave female till Dilano took the stage.

5. Josh Logan - I thought he sounded great. My only complaint was he looked too happy. I wanted him to look a little less all bubbly and smiling.

6. Patrice Pike - I love the song she sang, so that probably added to placing her this high. But I liked her.

7. Ryan Star - I think watching the reality ep on the web had a part in him placing lower than he might have if I hadn't watched it.

8. Matt Hoffer - seemed to be trying to imitate Chris Martin. And his hair looked like MiG's. But he sounded okay.

9. Dana Andrews - better than others I've heard singing this.

10. Jill Gioia - she was okay

11. Jenny Galt - I have heard her sing better than this. I think the song choice was horrible. But I wonder if Storm had something to do with that.

12. Phil Ritchie - I was kind of bored while he was performing.

13. Zayra Alvarez - she is probably talented for other kinds of singing. But I can't see her with this group.

14. Magni - this performance did nothing for me. And the faces he made kind of annoyed me and reminded me of Ty last year with his tongue. *shudder*

15. Chris - I thought it was terrible. But after watching the reality ep I think he may have been the victim of song selection.

SilverStar 6205 desperate attention whore postings

07-07-06, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 "
Ok, now that I've finally watched the premiere...

1. Josh Logan – Black Crowes “She Talks to Angels” -- I really liked his voice, even though it's not my usual taste.

2. Storm Large – The Who “Pinball Wizard” -- Great way to kick off the show.

3. Toby Rand – Bob Dylan “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door” -- He's really hot. Good performance, too.

4. Lukas Rossi – Billy Idol “Rebel Yell” -- I liked him more before last night's elim show where he was a jerk. Also, upon a second viewing of his performance, I wasn't that impressed anymore.

5. Dilana – Nirvana “Lithium” -- I liked the singing, notsomuch the performance.

SMALL DROP (Some of these are interchangable. I haven't made up my mind about them, but I liked them all for the most part.)

6. Patrice Pike – Jefferson Airplane “Somebody to Love”

7. Ryan Star – Goo Goo Dolls “Iris”

8. Jill Gioia – Janis Joplin “Piece of my Heart”

9. Magni – Rolling Stones “Satisfaction”

10. Jenny Galt – Nickelback “How you Remind Me”

11. Matt Hoffer – Coldplay “Yellow” -- I liked the beginning, the end fell apart.

12. Dana Andrews – Melissa Etheridge “I’m the Only One” -- Eh. Kind of boring.

DROP

13. Chris Pierson – Police “Roxanne”

14. Phil Ritchie – Living Colour “Cult of Personality”

15. Zayra Alvarez – Evanescence “Bring me to Life” -- Yuck. I thought she was awful!

07-07-06, 11:26 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 "
You're just saying that to argue with me.

07-07-06, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SilverStar Click to send private message to SilverStar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 "
I know how much you love to argue. Which part exactly are you taking offense to? Lukas or Dilana?

07-07-06, 11:38 AM (EST)
32. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 "
Both! Now that you mention it.

07-07-06, 11:40 AM (EST)
34. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 "
But look! *points to #1 on my list* I did good there.

07-07-06, 11:50 AM (EST)
36. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 "
You're only a couple off on that one.

07-07-06, 11:30 AM (EST)
30. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 "
P.S. Please see post #2 for the correct ranking order.

an arkie work of art

07-07-06, 11:39 AM (EST)
33. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 "
Pfffft. You're not always right about everything, ya know.

*runs*

07-07-06, 11:49 AM (EST)
35. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 "
oh okay. *nods* Sure.

*trips*

cheesybread 198 desperate attention whore postings

07-07-06, 01:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cheesybread Click to send private message to cheesybread Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 "
Fine! I'll do it!

I was going to skip the love list this time around but for some reason I feel compelled to add my 2 beans.

*Disclaimer: I missed the elimination episode last night so I am basing this solely on the Week 1 reality and performance shows.

1. Storm Large – The Who “Pinball Wizard” - I am not a big The Who fan but I thought she was great. Very hot too.

2. Zayra Alvarez – Evanescence “Bring me to Life” - Maybe I just like the song, but I thought she did a good job. Some pitch problems but again, I like the song and she didn't kill it for me.

3. Ryan Star – Goo Goo Dolls “Iris” - Good if unoriginal performance. This song has been played to death. I would have liked to have seen a re-arrangement of it.

4. Dilana – Nirvana “Lithium” - Definitely one of the better Nirvana covers on this show. The intense eyes were scary-cool. I like that she broke out of the trance-like state and went nuts, but her movements were funny and silly to me.

5. Lukas Rossi – Billy Idol “Rebel Yell” - Funny, I campare his performance of this song to a crappy bootleg of JD signing it I found with a link on this board somewhere. JD's rendition, through the muffled, muttled sound, was much better.

<*GAP of mediocrity *>

6. Toby Rand – Bob Dylan “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door”
- all good, if uninspiring performances to me.

<* GAP of try again *>

7. Jenny Galt – Nickelback “How you Remind Me” - Gets the benefit of the doubt because of the illness and having a song selected for her by Storm. Though she should have seemed to give a crap and looked at the song list.

8. Magni – Rolling Stones “Satisfaction” - Your popularity in Iceland means nothing here. You need to reset your expectations.

9. Phil Ritchie – Living Colour “Cult of Personality” - I think the song requires prejection and a booming voice (think Ty Taylor) and Phil just doesn't have that.

10. Chris Pierson – Police “Roxanne” - After seeing him in the first challenge it is clear he is capable of much more. Bad song choice for him and couldn't quite make it his own.

MizJazmine 532 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

07-09-06, 10:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail MizJazmine Click to send private message to MizJazmine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 "

>9. Phil Ritchie – Living Colour
>“Cult of Personality”
- I
>think the song requires prejection
>and a booming voice (think
>Ty Taylor) and Phil just
>doesn't have that.

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I thought I was the only one who was thinking this. "Cult of Personality" IMO is such a powerful song that has to be sung with real power - real "oomph". This guy Phil so did not pull it off. To me it was just bad...really really bad.

Whew! glad I got that off my chest lol.

DSD 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

07-10-06, 03:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail DSD Click to send private message to DSD Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 "
Here are my choices in "vague" order,
Dilana – Nirvana “Lithium”- This woman blew me away, hope she can keep up the good work
Lukas Rossi – Billy Idol “Rebel Yell”- Rebel without a clue perhaps but he's a show in himself, this guy rocks.
Toby Rand – Bob Dylan “Knockin’ on Heaven’s Door”- gotta support the Aussie act. Now i want to hear him rock!!
Josh Logan – Black Crowes “She Talks to Angels”- A Great rendition of a great song. Not convinced this guy will be able to get down and dirty, but i hope so.
Zayra Alvarez – Evanescence “Bring me to Life”- I dont love her voice but at least she didn't sound generic.

Now for the generic crowd....these four are interchangable for me...all got strong voices ...all sing rock well.....Yawn!!

These 3....can you say MEDIOCRE

Phil Ritchie – Living Colour “Cult of Personality”- Ironic that a guy without one should choose this song.
Jenny Galt – Nickelback “How you Remind Me”- Was that even a note?
Chris Pierson – Police “Roxanne”- Oh My Gawd...could't carry a note in a bucket.

07-10-06, 11:38 AM (EST)
41. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 "
I rewatched this (a couple times) over the weekend. My rankings changed a bit but my bottom three and top three remained the same. I liked Zayra A LOT less and Storm and Ryan much more.

07-10-06, 12:18 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 "
Phew. I'm glad you changed your mind about Zayra. I couldn't understand how you had ranked her #4. She was dreadful.

07-10-06, 12:33 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 "
yeah. I couldn't understand it either. heh. So now it goes, Lukas (I liked it more and more every time I watched it which was a lot. A LOT. heh. *grin*), Dilana, Josh, Toby, Storm, Patrice, Ryan, Magni, Dana, Matt (or maybe Matt then Dana), Zayra, Phil (or maybe Phil then Zayra), Jill (way too contrived), Chris, Jenny.

an arkie work of art

07-10-06, 02:21 PM (EST)
44. "RE: Supernova Love List: week 1 "
LAST EDITED ON 07-10-06 AT 02:22 PM (EST)

Know what ya mean Glow. Debated with myself if Zayra should start #2 on my list because of the hotness factor, but in the end her "doing it" for me won out

I'm sure she'll drop down on my love list as her voice gets exposed, which it will because IMHO it's the weakest of all the gals and maybe even the entire competition. As they say (whoever they are), love is blind or is it tone deaf?

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •