The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"East Coast Discussion Thread - 7/5/06"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

HistoryDetective 9516 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-05-06, 08:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HistoryDetective Click to send private message to HistoryDetective Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"East Coast Discussion Thread - 7/5/06"
For those of us who want to chat about the show before the westies have a chance to see it.

Two singers so far --- and I am already left wondering: why is American Idol still on the air?

It's nice to see some real talent instead of gyrations and high school talent show rejects.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Oh my Josh! ... Scarlett O Hara 07-05-06 1
   RE: Oh my Josh! ... Aussiemama 07-05-06 2
 RE: East Coast Discussion Thread - ... KimD 07-05-06 3
 RE: East Coast Discussion Thread - ... Bebo 07-05-06 4
   RE: East Coast Discussion Thread - ... Buggy 07-05-06 6
       RE: East Coast Discussion Thread - ... nailbone 07-06-06 30
 RE: East Coast Discussion Thread - ... Buggy 07-05-06 5
   RE: East Coast Discussion Thread - ... SherpaDave 07-05-06 7
       RE: East Coast Discussion Thread - ... byoffer 07-06-06 26
           RE: East Coast Discussion Thread - ... Glow 07-06-06 28
   RE: East Coast Discussion Thread - ... Glow 07-06-06 32
 RE: East Coast Discussion Thread - ... Scarlett O Hara 07-05-06 8
   RE: East Coast Discussion Thread - ... KimD 07-05-06 9
       RE: East Coast Discussion Thread - ... SherpaDave 07-06-06 22
   RE: East Coast Discussion Thread - ... Wacko Jacko 07-05-06 10
       RE: East Coast Discussion Thread - ... nazpink 07-05-06 12
 First two SherpaDave 07-05-06 11
   RE: First two nailbone 07-06-06 31
 Next three SherpaDave 07-05-06 13
 RE: East Coast Discussion Thread - ... skye 07-05-06 14
 Next three SherpaDave 07-05-06 15
 Next two SherpaDave 07-05-06 16
   RE: Next two skye 07-05-06 17
       RE: Next two SherpaDave 07-05-06 19
       You go Skye brvnkrz 07-06-06 23
           RE: You go Skye Glow 07-06-06 24
               Ummmmm brvnkrz 07-06-06 27
                   RE: Ummmmm Glow 07-06-06 29
           RE: You go Skye Loree 07-06-06 33
           RE: You go Skye moogie 07-06-06 34
 Next three SherpaDave 07-05-06 18
 RE: East Coast Discussion Thread - ... skye 07-06-06 20
 Last two SherpaDave 07-06-06 21
 RE: East Coast Discussion Thread - ... Glow 07-06-06 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Scarlett O Hara 3259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-05-06, 08:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Oh my Josh! ..."
LAST EDITED ON 07-05-06 AT 08:30 PM (EST)

... I am a fan!!

eta-
The show looks promising -- they picked some people who actually have some talent!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Aussiemama 80 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-05-06, 08:43 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Aussiemama Click to send private message to Aussiemama Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Oh my Josh! ..."
I am a tad biased so go AUSSIE but that last chick was totally intense and I could actually see her fronting the band.....

KimD 53 desperate attention whore postings

07-05-06, 09:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KimD Click to send private message to KimD Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: East Coast Discussion Thread - 7/5/06"
Where is everyone? I'm watching this and loving it - but feeling the need to talk about it!

So far I've really liked everyone but the guy from Iceland - looks like it's gonna be don't-miss tv for me.

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

07-05-06, 09:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: East Coast Discussion Thread - 7/5/06"
Impressed by the overall level of talent, and totally in agreement with the early bottom three results.

Dilana looked weird (even for a rocker), but she hit that one out of the park. And the last guy was awesome.

Buggy 5089 desperate attention whore postings

07-05-06, 09:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Buggy Click to send private message to Buggy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: East Coast Discussion Thread - 7/5/06"
I agree about Dilana, Bebo.
She did look weird with all that stuff in her face, but you know, I found her oddly beautiful.
And so powerful, wow.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-06, 09:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: East Coast Discussion Thread - 7/5/06"
LAST EDITED ON 07-06-06 AT 09:14 AM (EST)

Very hot, and yet scary.

Buggy 5089 desperate attention whore postings

07-05-06, 09:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Buggy Click to send private message to Buggy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: East Coast Discussion Thread - 7/5/06"
Is everyone voting for their favorites?
I agreed with the bottom 3 they showed on air at the end of the show, I think they were the weakest.

So far I've been voting for my 3 favorites

Josh
Dilana
Ryan

But seriously they were all fun to watch, even the weaker ones were better than most of the idol contestants. I guess you can't really compare the shows.
The only who was really bad in my opinion was the kid who butchered "Roxanne" , Chris.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Supernova is going to have the bottom 3 sing tomorrow.

SherpaDave 8324 desperate attention whore postings

07-05-06, 09:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: East Coast Discussion Thread - 7/5/06"
Someone sang "Roxanne" to audition for a metal band? I guess the styles weren't always true to INXS material last season, either, and it'd probably get boring if they sang all metal, all the time. Can't wait to see the show. Fifty more minutes.

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-06, 08:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: East Coast Discussion Thread - 7/5/06"
LAST EDITED ON 07-06-06 AT 08:37 AM (EST)

Actually, they claimed that the band would not be a metal band, but rather more rock. I forget the exact words they used, but I think a more modern sound that their heavy metal roots.

Roxanne was a tough song, and the guy tried initially to do it like the Police, but that didn't work, so he tried another version. He may go home because of that, but he did take a risk, and maybe should get another chance.

I agree 100% - how does American Idol get all the ratings when there is a show with this kind of talent out there. Awesome. There were some amazing females - I wonder if a female might win this time.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-06, 08:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: East Coast Discussion Thread - 7/5/06"
I think the exact words were, "this is not a metal band. This is a rock band."

I didn't think Roxanne was as bad as it was made out to be. The only one I won't be sad to see go at this point is Jenny. I think they all need a free pass week though.

Rumor has it that Tommy wants a hot chick as their singer.

07-06-06, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: East Coast Discussion Thread - 7/5/06"
Buggy! Ryan is one of your favorites? Have you been to his myspace page? http://myspace.com/rstar Take a listen to "Back Of Your Car", if you haven't already. It's very good. I've been listening over and over and over.
And if you haven't seen Dilana's myspace page, it's http://myspace.com/dilanarox She has a version of "Hit Me Baby" on there. HOTT. Love her.

an arkie work of art

Scarlett O Hara 3259 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

07-05-06, 10:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to send private message to Scarlett%20O%20Hara Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: East Coast Discussion Thread - 7/5/06"
The show was awesome! I look forward to watching it this summer. I missed the early "Bottom 3" -- who were they?

KimD 53 desperate attention whore postings

07-05-06, 10:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KimD Click to send private message to KimD Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: East Coast Discussion Thread - 7/5/06"
LAST EDITED ON 07-05-06 AT 10:39 PM (EST)

Bottom 3 so far are Chris, Magni,and , darn, forgot it already!

Edited to add: the rockstar website is a pain, very slow to load, music automatically plays, and don't even try to use Firefox to vote, it won't work. If you're on dialup, you'll be hating life...

07-06-06, 00:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: East Coast Discussion Thread - 7/5/06"
Phil's the other one. Dunno if they update or not for the west coast, but those were the bottom three when it was on here.

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

07-05-06, 10:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: East Coast Discussion Thread - 7/5/06"
I am in the minority. I did not think the guy who sang Roxanne was that bad. He gave a totally different take on it. I actually enjoyed his creativity.

While many agree about the bottom three, I am surprised not one girl made it. Like the girl who did Melissa Ethridge or the Blonde Girl who sounded like Jewel. Also, the guy who looked and sang like Mig. He had a nice voice, but do you think these guys are looking for that???? He was more Duran Duran material then SuperNova.

My favorite was the Aussie guy. Toby.

Also felt the insane chick (last) and the insane guy (last) would be good for this band.

nazpink 1058 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

07-05-06, 11:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail nazpink Click to send private message to nazpink Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: East Coast Discussion Thread - 7/5/06"
First off, I agree why is American Idol still on? The whole reason why I loved watching this show last season is the fact that the people chosen are clearly talented, although I'm questioning the Chris guy (but maybe it was just nerves and bad song choice?).

I too, agree with the bottom three thus far and if the Chris guy doesn't redeem himself or if the other two happen to redeem themselves a tad bit more, he's a goner. I admire the fact that he took the song and tried to do something else with it, but I'm afraid that's all I can credit him for, he sounded awful!

Delana or Delina (however it's spelt) didn't just rock my socks off, but my other clothing as well. She was so intense and her voice was awesome. To see a woman take on that song and succeed was quite an achivement in itself. Looks like she will be one of my favorites.

I also thought Storm Large was great. To be the first one up and take it for all it's worth isn't always the easiest of tasks and she more than lived up to it!!!

The guy at the end (lucas?) was pretty entertaining. I honestly can't say I understood much of the lyrics, but nonetheless it was still a pretty decent performance. His whole persona is just intriguing.

Overall, the contestants were fun to watch and I thoroughly enjoyed the performances. Oh, and Wacko I am totally in sync with you on the blonde girl, all I could think inside my head was, this girl has a nice voice but she's more Jewel than hard rock.

07-05-06, 11:02 PM (EST)
11. "First two"
For those coming late to the thread and wondering who sang what, I'll g'ahead and write 'em up during the west coast airing. First two:

Storm Large - The Who, "Pinball Wizard"
Ryan Star - Googoo Dolls, "Iris"

Liked Storm, thought Ryan was okay on the screaming parts, but out of tune on the quiet parts.

nailbone 27263 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-06, 09:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail nailbone Click to send private message to nailbone Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: First two"
And she missed on some of the lyrics.

07-05-06, 11:16 PM (EST)
13. "Next three"
Toby Rand - Bob Dylan, "Knockin' on Heaven's Door"
Patrice Pike - Jefferson Airplane, "Somebody to Love"
Magni - Rolling Stones, "Satisfaction"

Toby kicked some serious, serious #####. Patrice was good. Magni was just weird. Totally not into him. Didn't his faces look like "What's wrong with you people?" Yecccch.

skye 2261 desperate attention whore postings

07-05-06, 11:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skye Click to send private message to skye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: East Coast Discussion Thread - 7/5/06"
What's with these chicks singing songs way too big for their voices?

And Jenny Galt is so out of tune she sounds like she's strangling a cat.

"I don't think witchcraft is a religion." G.W. Bush

07-05-06, 11:33 PM (EST)
15. "Next three"
Zayra Alvarez - Evanescence... um, I have no idea what the song was
Jenny Galt - Nickelback, "How You Remind Me"
Josh Logan - Black Crowes, "She Talks to Angels"

Zayra struck me as just weird, Jenny's voice was okay but she just don't rock, and Josh bugged me at first, but grew on me fast. He seems like a total original and totally joyous in his singing. He'd bring a really interesting dimension to this band.

07-05-06, 11:41 PM (EST)
16. "Next two"
Matt Hoffer - Coldplay, "Yellow"
Dilana - Nirvana, "Lithium"

Matt, you just got spanked. Hard. Go back to the corporate world. Dilana. Oh, Dilana, Dilana, Dilana. Hell, yeeeeeee-ah.

07-05-06, 11:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skye Click to send private message to skye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Next two"
Dilana. My new girl crush.

07-05-06, 11:57 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Next two"
She's my fave so far, no doubt. Question, though: the way she presented that song was damn' near perfect, standing still til the chaotic section. How would her stage presence translate through a full concert? The jumping around during the crazy part was borderline little girlish. It worked, but I wonder how well it'd work over a couple hours.

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-06, 00:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "You go Skye"
Add Storm to the mix and I'm in fantasyland.

One nation under George, divided.

07-06-06, 08:23 AM (EST)
24. "RE: You go Skye"
If I'm not fighting you for Storm, you need to give me this one. I'm totally in love with this Dilana chick.

brvnkrz 20491 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-06, 08:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail brvnkrz Click to send private message to brvnkrz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "Ummmmm"
No.

Look, I let you and my IRL GF have your little crushes and whatnot. I have to draw the line somewhere. Back off, straight girl. *kicks Glowie*

07-06-06, 08:49 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Ummmmm"
Whatever.

yeah? And I let you keep her, don't I? I have to draw the line somewhere.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

07-06-06, 04:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: You go Skye"
I wonder if the cameraman is in love with Storm. She got all the reaction shots. Everytime they flashed to the rocker pod there she was. Interesting... Last season we always saw JD's reaction to everything.

moogie 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

07-06-06, 05:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moogie Click to send private message to moogie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: You go Skye"
I'm so happy to hear the love for Storm. She's from my hometown of Portland OR, and the night before she left for LA to film she did a wonderful show at the local piano bar. This girl is so talented and beautiful! When she's on stage she really owns it. She fronts a local band called Storm and the Balls. They completely rock! She is a bit older than the others, but I think she's got what it takes to go far. I didn't watch the show last season, but I'm now officially hooked, and plan to vote for her as long as I can.

07-05-06, 11:56 PM (EST)
18. "Next three"
Dana Andrews - Melissa Etheridge, "I'm the Only One"
Phil Ritchie - Living Color - "Cult of Personality"
Jill Gioia - Janis Joplin "Piece of My Heart"

Dana... didn't we already see you as Ayla on American Idol? Phil, take the six-figure job. Jill... man, when I heard 4'11", Long Island, saw that bleached blonde, I thought ewwwwww. But she was good.

07-06-06, 00:02 AM (EST)
20. "RE: East Coast Discussion Thread - 7/5/06"
LAST EDITED ON 07-06-06 AT 00:05 AM (EST)

Holy wtf? That was the worst. Poor poor Chris.

Go Lukas!!!

(Apparently rock is ALL about homeless Canadian guys.)

07-06-06, 00:08 AM (EST)
21. "Last two"
Chris Pierson - The Police, "Roxanne"
Lukas Rossi - Billy Idol, "Rebel Yell"

I didn't hate Chris as much as everyone else seems to. He knocked the range down about half an octave, which ain't insane. Unfortunately, it did make it pretty boring. Lukas... dayum. Am I the only one now thinking, "What would a child of Lukas and Dilana sound like?"

07-06-06, 08:30 AM (EST)
25. "RE: East Coast Discussion Thread - 7/5/06"
This show is insane. I am totally blown away. I fell in love a bunch of times last night all leading up to the quickened heartbeat and jaw dropping awe that I was overcome with when Lukas took the stage. Holy mackerel. My favorites before watching the show were Ryan and Storm. They're still up there but Lukas, Dilana, and Josh were amazing. AMAZING. I listened to as many of them as I could find music for. Magni didn't have music up on his myspace page. I couldn't find music for Lukas either. Imagine my surprise. Talk about saving the best for last. *fans self*

-- total musician fangirl

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •