The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"One thing that struck my funny bone is................"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

Moother 132 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-20-05, 11:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Moother Click to send private message to Moother Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"One thing that struck my funny bone is................"
When the original INXS group took the stage with both Marty and J.D. fronting it really emphasized the age of the original group didn't it? The only one that didn't just stand out as an older dude was Gary. They may should have tried to find a 40 something lead....... Now before you jump on me, I am a middle aged woman, but this really did cross my mind.
Oh well I guess that gives us all something to look at, right?
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: One thing that struck my funny ... LaLaLisa 09-20-05 1
   RE: One thing that struck my funny ... riverrocker 09-21-05 8
 RE: One thing that struck my funny ... HauntedOne 09-20-05 2
   RE: One thing that struck my funny ... photokitty 09-21-05 3
       RE: One thing that struck my funny ... Loree 09-21-05 7
           RE: One thing that struck my funny ... photokitty 09-22-05 9
   RE: One thing that struck my funny ... queenbee 09-21-05 4
       Speaking of funny bones... LaLaLisa 09-21-05 5
       House Band trigirl 09-23-05 10
           RE: House Band LaLaLisa 09-23-05 11
           RE: House Band photokitty 09-23-05 12
 RE: One thing that struck my funny ... Loree 09-21-05 6
 RE: One thing that struck my funny ... cycles2k 10-02-05 13

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

LaLaLisa 296 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-20-05, 11:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LaLaLisa Click to send private message to LaLaLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: One thing that struck my funny bone is................"
Oh, I think there are plenty of folks who would agree with that one, Moother.

It looked like they were so....relieved? to get back to playing. I'm not sure that relieved is the right word, but it looked like - Garry especially - looked like he put on a long lost favorite leather jacket that he thought his fiancee had thrown out by mistake when he picked up his guitar.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

riverrocker 298 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-05, 01:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail riverrocker Click to send private message to riverrocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: One thing that struck my funny bone is................"
>Oh, I think there are plenty
>of folks who would agree
>with that one, Moother.
>
>It looked like they were so....relieved?
>to get back to playing.
> I'm not sure that
>relieved is the right word,
>but it looked like -
>Garry especially - looked like
>he put on a long
>lost favorite leather jacket that
>he thought his fiancee had
>thrown out by mistake when
>he picked up his guitar.
>

Absolutely agree!!

HauntedOne 244 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-05, 11:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HauntedOne Click to send private message to HauntedOne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: One thing that struck my funny bone is................"
This was the second time we have heard Marty do "Don't Change" once with the house band and now with INXS. Anyone else notice how much better it sounded with the house band? INXS is done, JD will get his 15 minutes of fame, and Marty will rock on. Anyone else ever go to a concert just for the opener and then leave?

photokitty 298 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-05, 03:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail photokitty Click to send private message to photokitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: One thing that struck my funny bone is................"
Remember he got to practice with The House Band. I'm not sure he got to practice with INXS.

I remember it sounding better in person. Maybe it was the energy of it being live, maybe mixing sounds different on tv. BUT, I also remember thinking, "Uh-oh" today, because when the song started, his pitch seemed a bit off. As I watched it on tv tonight, it seemed more pronounced. Maybe the mixing thing--maybe the crowd was toned down & we heard more of him on tv.

In the mini concert after the show, INXS sang "Don't Change" and my first reaction was "Hey, Marty just sang that, why do you have to, JD?" I liked Marty's better. I looked over at Marty & he was busily signing autographs--I don't think he was even listening.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-21-05, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: One thing that struck my funny bone is................"
Oh photokitty I want to ask you if you noticed this part. Someone on another board that is a huge Marty fan was at the taping. She said she realized INXS had made the right pick with JD when she was watching the mini-concert. She said they did "Pretty Vegas" and it was a little different with INXS playing it and that JD came in on the wrong part. She said that Garry Gary smiled and said "No" to JD and then he helped JD through it. She said the way they worked it out together was so sweet it made her realize everything was going to be okay.

09-22-05, 02:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail photokitty Click to send private message to photokitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: One thing that struck my funny bone is................"
No, I didn't see that interaction, exactly. I did notice that JD flubbed lyrics here & there, & sort of mumbled his way through some parts sometimes, but I just chalked it up to being the new guy. It's not like he has actually practiced with the band every song in their catalog yet.

I was still off to the side near The Rawkers. In hind sight, I wish I had moved to a more central spot even closer to the stage for the mini concert. Of course, if I had, I may have missed my Marty Moment !

queenbee 27 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-21-05, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail queenbee Click to send private message to queenbee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: One thing that struck my funny bone is................"
Anyone else
>ever go to a concert
>just for the opener and
>then leave?

Hmmm... I never have. But I might this time.

You're right, Marty's Don't Change WAS better with the house band. That was weird. Maybe Marty can hook up with them if it doesn't work out with the Lovehammers.

Here's hoping INXS gets their mojo back before the tour.

09-21-05, 10:37 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LaLaLisa Click to send private message to LaLaLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "Speaking of funny bones..."

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-23-05, 07:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "House Band"
Maybe Marty can hook up with them if it doesn't work out with the Lovehammers.

I've read so much in the last few days I can't even remember where I read it but....apparently Suzie is the one who is going to work with the House Band.

09-23-05, 08:40 AM (EST)
11. "RE: House Band"
Wow! I didn't think it would be Marty since he has his Lovehammers. I figured it would be Jordis if it was any one person.

09-23-05, 01:57 PM (EST)
12. "RE: House Band"
Yeah, I remember reading something.
But, I think it was more of a wish than a statement of fact. I think she said something like she hopes to record with them, "they love her" and she & they really "'get' each other."

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-21-05, 11:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: One thing that struck my funny bone is................"
When Jon got on stage and was making his crazy movements. I looked at the other Rockers and they looked in shock. It was the same look they had on their face when they saw JD doing his crotch grab moves during "American Woman". So JD definitely fits in. LOL!

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

10-02-05, 03:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: One thing that struck my funny bone is................"
As a forty something guy I agree. JD's youth makes INXS look old. His immaturity is (IMO) what makes INXS look wierd.

INXS had some good songs but I was no real fan. JD is not likely to make me one. He must have something and perhaps INXS can appeal to others with JD at the helm. Otherwise we may be watching Rock Star INXS 2006.

I have become a fan of Jordis, Marty and Suzie. Look forward to seeing them again soon.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •