The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"I went to the finale! NO SPOILERS"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

photokitty 298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-20-05, 07:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail photokitty Click to send private message to photokitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"I went to the finale! NO SPOILERS"
It was SO FUN! I'm so glad I went! Thanks you guys, for nudging me towards going. Now, I can't believe I was thinking of skipping it.

I'M NOT TELLING WHO WINS. NOT EVEN A HINT.
I'm eager to share my experience, and will only say what won't indicate who wins. Tomorrow, I'll have more to dish! That's part 2, after it won't spoil anything.

Let's see. After MONTHS of no rain, it rained today. HARD. So, it took me an hour to drive 10 miles down Beverly. (Hoobie knows what I'm talking about.) I got there at 8:30. Whew! I actually got in line behind Marty's aunt (remember, she gave him a hug on tv) and his cousin, who was really nice. She stayed in line and chatted while her mom went to see if they actually had to wait in line (they didn't.) I stood in line in the rain for more than an hour, then got to the benches. All the while, I was never sure I was actually going to get in. But, at last, I did.

We had the choice of sitting or standing, and family & friends were sent to the balcony. It was explained to them that there was a concern that seeing them in the audience might adversely affect the performances...whatever.
I opted to sit down rather than stand, and was ushered to seats that were for the press that weren't needed. I was about 15 feet directly behind the "thrones" where Dave & INXS sat. I could see them in profile as they listened. Kirk did his head bopping thing. I had a straight sightline to the runway, a guitarist whose name I forget, and Nate, the drummer. My view of Sasha & Rafael was blocked by a big ol' tv camera.

MiG, JD & Marty each sang a cover song. Each did VERY WELL. By then, I was realizing I had made a mistake by sitting, because I felt sort of removed from things, I couldn't really see the details of their faces, and was watching the monitors. I didn't come here to watch it on tv! INXS left to deliberate, and they stopped taping, so I asked permission to go to the floor, which was denied. (Mistake! Never ask permission, especially of an usher!) So, when they were doing something else, I just went onto the PACKED floor. I started at the far left, where the opportunity was, and then did "excuse me, sorry" across the room over to where the Rejected Rawkers were perched, and I could turn around to watch Dave & INXS react, and also had a clear view of the stage. Excellent! I'm so glad I left my seat--much better to be in the thick of things!

I wanted to talk to Suzie. I shook her hand, and said in her ear what I wanted to say, and we had a moment of sincere connection. She was nice. I also shook Ty's hand, and Jordis, too. I asked Ty if they all were going to sing today (no) and showed my disappointment. Dana looked beautiful, like a goddess. She had 3 sparkly dots on her forehead. GLOW, I was 10 feet away from Neil. He stayed put, though, so no touching. Sorry.

It was so quiet when INXS came back with their verdict. Tim dragged it out, of course. JUST SAY IT! I was so nervous. Then, the cut was made. Done. Come say a proper goodbye. Then That Person went to join the others on their perch.

INXS took the stage, and the remaining two each sang one song with them, in quick succession. A new visual effect was added to the Rock Star: INXS experience...shall I tell you? No. I won't. Both performances with INXS were great. I'll have more to say about that tomorrow. Then, INXS went to deliberate again, for what seemed like a long time. More chatting with Suzie, & beatific eye contact with Deanna, Dana, Daphna. People were now getting autographs, but I'm not into that...later I realized I could have had everyone sign my ticket, then sell it on eBay! Oh well.

The verdict is in! I WAS SO NERVOUS! I don't even know these people! The announcement was made, after much dramatic pause, and people jumped for joy, or politely clapped, depending on what they had wished for. Then, The New Singer sang a very new song with INXS, with a lyric sheet in hand! Then another song, then, they re-did the other one, sans lyric sheet. Goodnight, and send in your tapes for NEXT YEAR'S SHOW!

Then, we were treated to a mini-concert by the new, complete INXS. Good stuff! It was fun to see the band finally play! My arms were exausted from so much clapping! Then, it's over. Everybody please exit. Wow, it's 1:00.

Hey, who knows, maybe I'll get some airtime. I was right next to The Rawkers, after all. I have waist length dark blonde hair, & wore a scoop-necked denim top & a black cardigan (the cardigan came off later.) It was so excellent to be there! Whew!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: I went to the finale! NO SPOILE... QueenV 09-20-05 1
   RE: I went to the finale! NO SPOILE... photokitty 09-20-05 3
       RE: I went to the finale! NO SPOILE... byoffer 09-21-05 14
           RSI 2 LaLaLisa 09-21-05 16
 RE: I went to the finale! NO SPOILE... jpl68 09-20-05 2
   RE: I went to the finale! goldie1000 09-20-05 4
 RE: I went to the finale! NO SPOILE... SherpaDave 09-21-05 5
 eeep Glow 09-21-05 6
   Neal LaLaLisa 09-21-05 8
       RE: Neal Glow 09-21-05 9
           Deanna's Boobs LaLaLisa 09-21-05 10
               RE: Deanna's Boobs byoffer 09-21-05 15
           RE: Neal weltek 09-21-05 12
       RE: Outfits photokitty 09-21-05 21
 More Scoop Please trigirl 09-21-05 7
   RE: More Scoop Please LaLaLisa 09-21-05 11
       RE: More Scoop Please weltek 09-21-05 13
           RE: More Scoop Please geg6 09-21-05 17
               RE: More Scoop Please Loree 09-21-05 18
                   RE: More Scoop Please photokitty 09-21-05 19
       RE: More Scoop Please photokitty 09-21-05 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

QueenV 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-20-05, 07:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail QueenV Click to send private message to QueenV Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: I went to the finale! NO SPOILERS"
Goodnight, and send in
>your tapes for NEXT YEAR'S
>SHOW!

HUH? Did you just decide to throw that in there and not explain?? UGH!! Is the new singer only under contract for one year?Or...could it be...that the person they chose prolly won't last for more than a year? UGH!! The suspence is KILLING me!!! I know, I know, I have to wait.

~*~"Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History"*~*

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

09-20-05, 07:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail photokitty Click to send private message to photokitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: I went to the finale! NO SPOILERS"
No, none of that.
I think EPMB is hedging his bets, in case a show next year is an option. (OH! That reminds me, as I was "sneaking" onto the floor, I walked by Mark Burnett himself, & as he was walking toward me, he smiled & said "Hi!" So surreal.) Anyway, the feeling I got was that it would be for another band, or just as general "rockers," in the same way that American Idol contestants aren't out to front a particular band. After she said that, & the cameras were off, the emcee/entertainer/clown was eliciting opinions from the audience about who the band should be for the next show. Queen & Van Halen were mentioned, natch.

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-21-05, 10:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: I went to the finale! NO SPOILERS"
I found this excerpt on the net:

Meanwhile, show mastermind Burnett said he's already looking forward to a new edition of Rock Star with a different band. "We're in a lot of discussions with people," he told E! Online. "I think that you're very, very likely to see Rock Star: Season Two."

I think it was a great show. Way better than that American Idol candy crap. The challenge will be to keep the non-winning contestants from coming back. If it wasn't so sacrilegious, imagine Marty competing on Rock Star:Nirvana?

LaLaLisa 296 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-05, 10:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LaLaLisa Click to send private message to LaLaLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RSI 2"
"If it wasn't so sacrilegious, imagine Marty competing on Rock Star: Nirvana?"

I used to think that, but now I think that given the choice between front Lovehammers or a new Nirvana, he'd pick Lovehammers, hands down. Not because he's so loyal (he was ready to leave them after all) but because I think he'd rather be THE draw, THE name as he would be for the Lovehammers - Nirvana is still a much bigger name than Marty Casey.

jpl68 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-20-05, 07:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jpl68 Click to send private message to jpl68 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: I went to the finale! NO SPOILERS"
I'm sure we all here will look for you.

goldie1000 1087 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-20-05, 10:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail goldie1000 Click to send private message to goldie1000 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: I went to the finale! "
Sounds like you had a RIOT !
I bet you were glad you went, for sure.
It's nice to be a part of something so big !
Thanks for sharing.

SherpaDave 8324 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-05, 02:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail SherpaDave Click to send private message to SherpaDave Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: I went to the finale! NO SPOILERS"
Not enough airtime on the rawkers! I kept my eyes peeled, but didn't see any close enough shots of that area to spot ya.

See Dave write. See Dave edit. See Dave blog.

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-05, 07:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "eeep"
"GLOW, I was 10 feet away from Neil."

So you didn't get a chance to give him my number? The only thing that could have made last night more perfect would have been to watch him perform.

<--- jealous

09-21-05, 08:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LaLaLisa Click to send private message to LaLaLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "Neal"
At least Neal was one of the few that looked happy to be there!

And couldn't Deanna had time to make a better shirt to promote her song? Or did the idea just come to her backstage?

Glow 14353 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-05, 09:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Glow Click to send private message to Glow Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Neal"
He's so sweet.

I thought that when she came out too. "hmm. Nice homemade shirt." Then I thought, "wow. Her boobs look huge." Maybe that's what she was doing. Calling attention to her boobs. Did they get bigger?

09-21-05, 09:25 AM (EST)
10. "Deanna's Boobs"
Nah, they didn't get bigger - remember, I'm the Only One? She was seriously testing the structural integrity of her little vest that night.

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-05, 10:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Deanna's Boobs"
I wonder if Deanna was trying to get a guess role on Tyra Banks show...

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-05, 09:35 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Neal"
Maybe Ambah was backstage & had some paint leftover from her "I heart Rob" t-shirt.

09-21-05, 12:57 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Outfits"
Yeah, Deanna, you're a gorgeous woman on national tv for (probably) the last time. WHY wear a tank top written on with a Sharpie?

Worse than her, I thought Heather looked horrid. Aaakk. That grey piece of cloth tied around her chest was NOT a good look. And those pigtails! Poor baby, did they not give you a mirror?

Dana looked beautiful and ethereal. Daphna, well, I didn't notice what she had on. I liked Suzie's mod-retro dress, and she had on boots that matched! They had a small stripe detail that was the same color as the aqua stripe on her dress.

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-21-05, 08:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "More Scoop Please"
How long did it take for INXS to make their decision. I found it interesting in Loree's scoop from last week that it took 30 or 40 minutes to oust Suzie.

Why oh why did EPMB make this a one hour show when we had to sit through three bloody hours of the Donald?

09-21-05, 09:27 AM (EST)
11. "RE: More Scoop Please"
Yeah - to the scoop thing. But I have to imagine any time they took was just for show. Tim (or was it Kirk) had said in a chat last week they had "pretty much" made up their mind. They weren't seriously deciding yesterday.

"Why oh why did EPMB make this a one hour show when we had to sit through three bloody hours of the Donald?"
Yeah! to that, too.

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-05, 09:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: More Scoop Please"
No sh!t. I'm right there with you on the Donald thing.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-05, 10:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: More Scoop Please"
Put me in with you guys.

Who would you rather watch?

3 hours with the middle aged, paunchy guy with the bad combover?

3 hours of JD Fortune and INXS?

Missed opportunity!

I'm such a slut for the blues.

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-05, 11:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: More Scoop Please"
I think we should all stalk Mark Burnett till he puts out a DVD with all the unseen footage and the mini concert on it.

09-21-05, 12:27 PM (EST)
19. "RE: More Scoop Please"
Ooooohhh, yeah!
I thought they weren't taping it, until Hand-Held Camera Guy showed up behind JD walking through the crowd to The Rawkers. I thought maybe INXS just wanted to play/practice with The New Guy. Silly girl. OF COURSE EPMB would tape it.

09-21-05, 12:42 PM (EST)
20. "RE: More Scoop Please"
Yeah, I don't know how long they were gone, I wasn't wearing my watch. When they came back, I asked people around me how long did they think they were backstage, but nobody I asked had been thinking about that. Who knows? Maybe they were just throwing back a few beeahs.

Dave Navarro was smoking between takes on the set. I was surprised by that--you'd think he'd have to leave because of the cameras, lights, and oh yeah, our lungs. It really stunk up the joint. *cough, cough*

Remember, not all Apprentice finales were 3 hours. After that first one, it was knocked down to 2 hours, then, I think the last one was only 1 hour. Networks seem to have learned their lesson about allocating that much time to something that isn't football or a movie.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •