The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Through Debating, . . . Simply Waiting"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

jpl68 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-20-05, 09:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jpl68 Click to send private message to jpl68 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Through Debating, . . . Simply Waiting"
I have run the gamit with respect to churning this thing over and over in my head, and frankly, am relieved today is here, so I can move on with my life!! Anyhow, when I first started watchting the show, my gut reaction was J.D. would be perfect for the gig. In the last two days, I have gone from convincing myself Mig is going to win, to late yesterday falling on the Marty is going to win bandwagon, to coming back this morning to my gut feeling, . . . which is J.D. is going to win. There are problems with each, but the bottom line for me is that J.D. hits on the most things that I think the band would be looking for in a lead singer. They all can sing, perform and are talented. I think J.D. has more bits and pieces of the elements that made MH so great for the band, however. Who knows, we will know in a matter of 12 hours or so. Everyone take care.
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Through Debating, . . . Simply ... CattyChat 09-20-05 1
   RE: Through Debating, . . . Simply ... LaLaLisa 09-20-05 2
       RE: Through Debating, . . . Simply ... CattyChat 09-20-05 3
   RE: Through Debating, . . . Simply ... geg6 09-20-05 4
       RE: Through Debating, . . . Simply ... CattyChat 09-20-05 5
           RE: Through Debating, . . . Simply ... LaLaLisa 09-20-05 6
 RE: Through Debating, . . . Simply ... weltek 09-20-05 7
   RE: Through Debating, . . . Simply ... dragonflies 09-20-05 9
       RE: Through Debating, . . . Simply ... weltek 09-20-05 12
           RE: Through Debating, . . . Simply ... dragonflies 09-20-05 17
 Just in case you want to debate a ... LaLaLisa 09-20-05 8
 RE: Through Debating, . . . Simply ... shanana banana 09-20-05 10
   RE: Through Debating, . . . Simply ... LaLaLisa 09-20-05 11
       RE: Through Debating, . . . Simply ... shanana banana 09-20-05 13
           Albums vs Singles LaLaLisa 09-20-05 14
           RE: Through Debating, . . . Simply ... geg6 09-20-05 15
               RE: Through Debating, . . . Simply ... CattyChat 09-20-05 16
               RE: Through Debating, . . . Simply ... triednottowatch 09-20-05 18
                   Songs = rooms in a house LaLaLisa 09-20-05 19
                       RE: Songs = rooms in a house triednottowatch 09-21-05 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-20-05, 09:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Through Debating, . . . Simply Waiting"
You said it, JPL. This show has had me a wreck. I've never been so emotionally vested in the outcome of one of these shows before & it kinda freaks me out. I analyze every bit of info I see, read & hear trying to figure out if J.D. is going to be the one or whether I will be hugely disappointed.

I keep trying to put things in perspective - - life goes on, does it really matter, it's just a show, they're all talented, etc., etc. -- I just need to know the outcome!!

Only a few more hours & I will finally get the answer I've been waiting for all these weeks. Then, I will go into withdraw from these great Tuesday night concert shows, the Sun night Rock Mansion shows & the nail-biting Black Wednesdays. What will I do with myself? Oh yeah, more time for me to do the things I love to do that don't involve waiting to see what happens to OTHER people's lives.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

LaLaLisa 296 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-20-05, 09:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LaLaLisa Click to send private message to LaLaLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Through Debating, . . . Simply Waiting"
Isn't it scary? It's made me realize I have GOT to get a new job since I care way more about this show (hence the typing at 9:30am.)

I swear I can't wait for tickets to go on sale for the concert in my area. I don't know who I'm going to go with, since my honey isn't into all of this (and JD) nor are my friends, the way I am. It would be so much more fun to go with someone as obsessed as I.

09-20-05, 09:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Through Debating, . . . Simply Waiting"
That's been on my mind, too. I am actually going to go to a rock concert (if J.D. wins) and see INXS again and I have to find someone as into it as I am & I better be able to get really good seats, too. I have a couple of girlfriends that would go, but they haven't been watching the show -- that just ain't right.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-20-05, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Through Debating, . . . Simply Waiting"
I'm on the obsessed bandwagon.

Cannot quit thinking about it.

If JD wins and INXS hits the 'Burgh, I'll be luckier than you, though. I have two sisters who are just as obsessed as I am. One is a big Marty fan (though agrees that JD is the better fit) and the other sits with me in the JD section. We'll all be there when the INXS/JD juggernaut rolls into the Steel City.

I'm such a slut for the blues.

09-20-05, 09:38 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Through Debating, . . . Simply Waiting"
Damn, wish you were on the other end of the state. If they hit the City of Brotherly Love first, I'll fill you in on the gory details. My goal is front & center & backstage pass. I think my girlfriends & I can still garner some serious attention. We'll see what debauchery develops . . .

09-20-05, 09:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LaLaLisa Click to send private message to LaLaLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Through Debating, . . . Simply Waiting"
Hey, I'm in DC. Only a couple hours drive away...

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-05, 09:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Through Debating, . . . Simply Waiting"
I haven't been this obsesssed since Survivor season 2.

I'm so excited to see the Rock Star tour schedule & will want to see INXS if they come to my area. Hopefully they come closer than Chicago.

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-05, 10:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Through Debating, . . . Simply Waiting"
We'll have to go together Weltek. I too have been obsessed since Day 1.

Slice & Dice Sigpic Chop Shop 2005

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-05, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Through Debating, . . . Simply Waiting"
That would be a most excellent peep meet opportunity!

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-05, 11:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Through Debating, . . . Simply Waiting"
Well, if Marty is opening up, we're still on, right Weltek?! I'm thinking Summerfest. Oh, and you can bring Nolay too.

Slice & Dice Sigpic Chop Shop 2005

09-20-05, 10:24 AM (EST)
8. "Just in case you want to debate a little more"
I love hearing from INXS directly. Andrew's take (from last week.) This is the first I've heard a concern about Marty's voice.

Oh yeah, it's JD. If the worst they can say about him is he hasn't got the strongest voice in the world, than color me tickled pink! If they were going for the strongest voice, Suzie & Ty would still be around.

Marty Casey
Marty's pros and cons: "He's such a better performer and singer in every way than when he started this competition," says INXS guitarist Tim Farriss of Casey. "But Marty spent a lot of time in previous years screaming, basically, and it's kind of annihilated a certain part of his voice."

J.D. Fortune
J.D.'s pros and cons: "He definitely has that 'X' factor, that star quality. When he walks into a room, you say, 'Wow, who's this guy?' " says Farriss. "But he hasn't got the strongest voice in the world, and he knows it."

Suzie McNeil
Suzie's pros and cons: "Of all the singers left, I think she's got by far the strongest voice – and she's a fun person to hang out with," says Farriss. "The question we have is does she have that 'X' factor, that 'rock star' quality that we're looking for? I don't know."

Mig Ayesa
Mig's pros and cons: "Mig has a great voice. He's obviously a talented piano player, he's one of the nicest people you will ever meet. He's Australian, too, so he's got that going for him!," says Farriss. But, his theatricality could work against him. "Some of the guys (in INXS) still feel he's got a lot of (musical) theater in him.

http://celebrity.aol.com/people/ataol/articles/0,19736,1102442,00.html

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-20-05, 10:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shanana%20banana Click to send private message to shanana%20banana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Through Debating, . . . Simply Waiting"
I am feeling really good about tonight's show. Mainly because I like all three performers a lot and these were my picks in week one to be the final three, and it's happened!! Although each one of them is right and wrong for INXS in various ways, I will be happy with no matter who is chosen so I think it's going to be a very exciting show to watch. I won't end up disappointed, so I'm glad. I am still leaning towards a JD win because of "Pretty Vegas," but a surprise would be a fun twist.

Either way, all three of them are going to do very well no matter what happens (I actually think the two losers will do better in the long run) and I am looking forward to following their post-Rock Star projects. This has been a very enjoyable show to watch -- the talent was simply amazing, so much better than American Idol, which I also like.........but unlike American Idol, I am actually considering going to the Rock Star concert tour.

09-20-05, 11:02 AM (EST)
11. "RE: Through Debating, . . . Simply Waiting"
Well said. I'm totally with you.

It will be interesting to see who goes the farthest and was it becuz of winning or not. Honestly, I never thought the non-winner would do better, but that was based on emotion (INXS loyalty) more than anything else.

Logically - I dunno. I don't remember hearing much about Idol winners a year or two later (except on that damn cruise commercial) but then again, I don't follow pop music, so what do I know?

I gotta think that no matter how strong a following someone gets from the show, they are not going to headline a 50,000+ stadium the way the winner will.

I think MiG has the most mainstream/across the board appeal so I imagine he'll have a lucrative career, regardless of whether or not he wins.

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-20-05, 11:38 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shanana%20banana Click to send private message to shanana%20banana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Through Debating, . . . Simply Waiting"
"I gotta think that no matter how strong a following someone gets from the show, they are not going to headline a 50,000+ stadium the way the winner will."

That is very true. The winner will have the most short-term success, I believe. I am just wondering if winning will keep him from experiencing longer term success (mainly because I do believe this is a one album, one tour deal -- maybe two, but I don't see anything further.) But who knows? Everything is so volatile in the music business.

Although several of the American Idol winners and non winners have had successes, I think you can truly only call two of them BIG successes -- Kelly Clarkson and Clay Aiken. The others seem to have varying levels of smallish-big to medium to no level of success -- and unfortunately, I do suspect that will probably be true for all the losers of Rock Star. When I say successful in future projects, I certainly don't imagine the others in huge headlining tours. I guess I mean simply capitalizing on the success of this show with the fans they have collected, for as long as it lasts. And that depends on them and their talent and how they choose to market it.

Music just isn't the same anymore -- bands and/or singers don't appear and then sustain for years and years like the bands of yesteryear. Marty was right about one thing -- it's a singles world now - that's how the music biz plays it, that's how these downloading services market it, and that's how the consumers view it. What ever happened to the good old days of "albums". sigh. Such a nostalgic word anymore. lol.

09-20-05, 12:04 PM (EST)
14. "Albums vs Singles"
"Marty was right about one thing -- it's a singles world now - that's how the music biz plays it, that's how these downloading services market it, and that's how the consumers view it. What ever happened to the good old days of "albums". sigh. Such a nostalgic word anymore. lol."

My honey and I had a discussion about this over the weekend.

On the one hand, I see the point about singles and downloading and all, but there have always been singles.

I think artists will always think in terms of albums and marketers will think in terms of singles. There are singers in both categories.

I think technology will be used to deliver more of the artists' concept not less. Look at DVDs of movies. Now you get the movie, the deleted scenes, interviews, special effects, you can watch the whole thing with commentary. Lord of the Rings has FIVE DVDs for each movie (and I've sat through them all with bf, the LOTR geek!)

Since I'm an INXS geek, I would sooooo buy a DVD of the next INXS album with bonus features like: the making of, in the studio, commentary on, "we tried a bum bum di di bum but went with bum di di bum di di" (okay, I admit I have NO music knowledge whatsoever), bloopers - all of that.

That's my dream anyway.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-05, 12:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Through Debating, . . . Simply Waiting"
I'd agree with the whole "singles world" idea except when it does come to rock. A perfect example is the most successful rock album (I say that because it hearkens back to the old idea of all of the songs being connected) in years: "American Idiot" by Green Day. It was successful, massively so, before there were any singles on the radio and much will never be heard on radio because of "obscenity." So if you have a great concept and make great songs that work best together, Marty's concept doesn't hold up. One of the reasons the singles market is so huge is that most artists today fill their CDs with too much filler crap with the singles so that the CD doesn't hold up to a full listen. Take a page from Green Day and just make a whole CD of great songs and people will buy it.

I'm such a slut for the blues.

09-20-05, 02:13 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Through Debating, . . . Simply Waiting"
>"I'd agree with the whole "singles world" idea except when it does come to rock."

Great minds & all that, Geg. Great rock albums are filled with great songs that never hit the radio. Personally, I very rarely listen to the radio, I have my CD's & I make my own little compilations.

I buy rock CDs from those I love and am very rarely disappointed with the catalog. (I am very eclectic, musically, & buy CDs of my fave composers as well, 'cause I love classical music, too.)

I download "singles" of top 40 pop, hip hop or dance for my workouts, because that's where the "one hitters" usually are for my music tastes.

triednottowatch 281 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-05, 11:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail triednottowatch Click to send private message to triednottowatch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Through Debating, . . . Simply Waiting"
I'm with you, geg. One of my all-time favorite bands is Dire Straits. Their albums are full of songs that so many people have never heard, but if you sit down and listen to them, they are so full of GREAT MUSIC. Not singles to be played between commercials on the radio, but instead each song is like a room, and all the rooms go together to make a wonderful, well-constructed house. And if you appreciate the music, that house feels like a home you can relax and escape into. The same can be said for groups like Pink Floyd (think Animals), or Steely Dan.

09-20-05, 11:58 PM (EST)
19. "Songs = rooms in a house"
"Not singles to be played between commercials on the radio, but instead each song is like a room, and all the rooms go together to make a wonderful, well-constructed house. And if you appreciate the music, that house feels like a home you can relax and escape into."

Dude, that was beautiful.

triednottowatch 281 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-05, 00:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail triednottowatch Click to send private message to triednottowatch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Songs = rooms in a house"
Why, thank you Lisa.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •