The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"History of Rock"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-20-05, 08:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"History of Rock"
The music. The music. The music. The music.

I tuned into this show because the music caught my eye while flipping channels one day. BTW, SeeBS did a lousy job marketing this show. It is soooo much better than other music shows. cough.american.midol.cough.

I feel like we have had a History of Rock lesson. We've heard everything from REM to Nirvana, Tina Turner to ahem, Britney. Obviously, some bands are missing (probably licensing issues). So tell me, what influential bands\music would complete the History of Rock lesson?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: History of Rock LaLaLisa 09-20-05 1
 RE: History of Rock CattyChat 09-20-05 2
   RE: History of Rock cheesybread 09-20-05 4
   RE: History of Rock LaLaLisa 09-20-05 5
 RE: History of Rock cheesybread 09-20-05 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

LaLaLisa 296 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-20-05, 09:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LaLaLisa Click to send private message to LaLaLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: History of Rock"
You need some Sex Pistols in the lesson plan

Bo Didley (or can we count him in the performance of "Hand in My Pocket" as having been included?)

Man! It's hard to think of people they didn't include.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-20-05, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: History of Rock"
I'm right there with you, TriGirl. I tuned in, because I actually saw one of the very few & poorly done promos for the show prior to it being aired and being a former HUGE INXS fan & music fan, I just had to tune in. From the beginning I said the poor ratings were entirely the fault of seeBS' pathetic promotion of the show.

This show turned out so much better than I even thought it would be & if they advertised it properly, it could have drew in so many more viewers from the very beginning other than us INXS fans. I'm sure many old school rock lovers didn't tune in, because they thought it would be all fluff like Idol and mainly focused on INXS's catalog, rather than all the great tunes that were performed. I'm sure a lot of the really young generation could have been drawn in by better advertising & they could have developed an appreciation for great music other than the top 40 pop, rap & hip hop.

This was a damn fine show & I hope they somehow do it again. Nothing better than serious talent performing serious music.

They had a great catalog of music for this show, with not much missing, but maybe some of The Doors, Lynard Skynard? They really had most of the greats covered though.

cheesybread 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-20-05, 09:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cheesybread Click to send private message to cheesybread Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: History of Rock"
"They had a great catalog of music for this show, with not much missing, but maybe some of The Doors, Lynard Skynard? They really had most of the greats covered though."

No Doors that I can remember, but Brandon sang Sweet Home Alabama if I am not mistaken.

LaLaLisa 296 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-20-05, 09:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LaLaLisa Click to send private message to LaLaLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: History of Rock"
"This was a damn fine show & I hope they somehow do it again."

Oh, they will. This from an interview 9/16 with one of the exec producers:

REX: What’s next for Rock Star: INXS?

Lisa: All I can say is that you can expect to hear some form of announcement next Tuesday when the finale airs.

http://www.rockstar gohome.com/rockstar/rsgh_news_050916b.php

cheesybread 198 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-20-05, 09:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cheesybread Click to send private message to cheesybread Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: History of Rock"

One permutation of "modern" rock that was missing, or at least I missed, was some Ska. How about a little Mighty, Mighty Boss Tones (who on this show could sing like Dickie Barrett?), Goldfinger, or Dropkick Murphy's. I'm sure there are others but those are the ones that immediatly come to mind.

I actually would have liked to hear someone do a Jane's Addiction song and get Dave's opinion of that. That would have been fun!

But in the show's defense, there were a large variety of songs already and some very interesting combinations from week to week.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •