The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Finale Taping on Tuesday"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

photokitty 298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-17-05, 02:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail photokitty Click to send private message to photokitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Finale Taping on Tuesday"
Hey, the finale is taping on Tuesday instead of Sunday.

I'm on the list to get in, but I'm on the fence about actually going. I've been to tapings (of other shows) before, and they kind of drag on sometimes. Plus, there's all the waiting around before the taping begins. I just wonder if going to this will ruin it for me...I'd have to BE there before 9am. Bleh.

On the other hand, I do want to go, to be there, to see it...

Who else on these boards lives in LA? Have you gone to the tapings? Are you going to the finale taping?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Finale Taping on Tuesday LaLaLisa 09-18-05 1
 RE: Finale Taping on Tuesday riverrocker 09-19-05 2
 RE: Finale Taping on Tuesday Hoobie 09-19-05 3
   RE: Finale Taping on Tuesday photokitty 09-19-05 12
 RE: Finale Taping on Tuesday weltek 09-19-05 4
   RE: Finale Taping on Tuesday Loree 09-19-05 5
       RE: Finale Taping on Tuesday CattyChat 09-19-05 6
           RE: Finale Taping on Tuesday weltek 09-19-05 7
               RE: Finale Taping on Tuesday Loree 09-19-05 8
           RE: Finale Taping on Tuesday photokitty 09-19-05 14
       Toe Wine LaLaLisa 09-19-05 10
   RE: Finale Taping on Tuesday photokitty 09-19-05 13
 RE: Finale Taping on Tuesday Loree 09-19-05 9
   RE: Finale Taping on Tuesday photokitty 09-19-05 11
       RE: Finale Taping on Tuesday byoffer 09-20-05 15
 RE: Finale Taping on Tuesday Loree 09-20-05 16
   RE: Finale Taping on Tuesday Bravegirl 09-20-05 17
 RE: Finale Taping on Tuesday Loree 09-20-05 18
   RE: Finale Taping on Tuesday LaLaLisa 09-20-05 19
       RE: Finale Taping on Tuesday Loree 09-20-05 21
           RE: Finale Taping on Tuesday photokitty 09-20-05 22
   RE: Finale Taping on Tuesday weltek 09-20-05 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

LaLaLisa 296 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-05, 07:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LaLaLisa Click to send private message to LaLaLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Finale Taping on Tuesday"
How could you not go??? I live on the East Coast and am sooo jealous that you can go.

I think what Loree said about them all being set up to look real good before they leave makes sense. It should be the best performance of the season.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

riverrocker 298 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-05, 02:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail riverrocker Click to send private message to riverrocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Finale Taping on Tuesday"
Oh WOW! Color me jealous! I live smack dab in the center of the U.S.--out in the 'middle of nowhere' as it is often called! I would LOVE to go to that taping--early rising, long waits and all!

You are SO lucky!

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-19-05, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Finale Taping on Tuesday"
Hi Photokitty,

I went to the taping on July 31. We arrived at 3 (as stated) and were not allowed in. We waited, "just to see" if maybe some of the VIPs wouldn't show and we would still get in. Well, they let about 50 more people in, but DH and I were still about 20 people south of the entrance point. I was SO bummed.

You have to park at the shopping center and walk (about 1/2 mile) to the entrance gate. Parking is $8 (I think). There are no bathrooms while standing in the sun waiting to get in (even the gas station doesn't have a bathroom). Bring water, but not enough where you will have to visit facilities/ because you won't be able to.

All that being said - I think it will be a great performance and worth the heat/ exhaustion/ traffic.

Be sure not to wear shorts or anything with a logo - they will turn you away.

Best of luck! Please, no spoilers.

09-19-05, 08:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail photokitty Click to send private message to photokitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Finale Taping on Tuesday"
LAST EDITED ON 09-19-05 AT 09:15 PM (EST)

Thanks, Hoobie!

They must have the audiences assemble at a different entrance than I was expecting. When I was there for Craig Kilborn, we got to park right there in the lot, and it was no big deal to run to put my stuff into my car before going into the studio. Plus, they had us under an overhang, so there was shade, benches & bathrooms. The instructions for this one say to pay to park at The Grove, and I was going to try to park in the neighborhood...now I think I won't even try that. I'll need to get into line as early as I can! I know they over-ticket, but I totally forgot about the VIP factor.

Yikes. This sounds even more arduous than I first thought! But, you're right, it'll be worth it. I have to at least try. The instructions say to arrive no later than 9, so, because of what you said, I'll try to be there no later than 8. At least it won't be hot that early in the day!

So, there were no bathroom facilities for the people in line? Not even a porta-potty? I know you can't go after coming inside...

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-19-05, 03:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Finale Taping on Tuesday"
I would go because it's kind of part of music history, especially if you are in to INXS.

And how are you going to give JD my phone number if you don't go?????

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-05, 03:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Finale Taping on Tuesday"
The 3 boys were at some Emmy parties lastnight walking the red carpet looking hot in suits. The part that made me laugh. Later in the evening MiG is standing outside alone upset. They were suppose to leave because they had an early call this morning. Then JD and Marty went back into the party. So poor MiG was standing there alone and waiting. Poor MiG still not being a real RockStar.

And JD admitted to a reporter that him and Marty did sneak out of the mansion one night and went to a bar.

Tara was at the Emmy parties doing coverage for Entertainment Tonight Canada. And Suzie was at the parties too because she hasn't gone home to Canada yet. She is waiting around for the finale. She is hoping for JD to win. I read an interview with Suzie and she explained why she drank the wine off JD's feet. She said she had asked him what he wanted to do for his birthday and he said he'd love a woman to drink wine off his toes. So Suzie was trying to make JD happy. The strange part is that Suzie said her and JD had a love/hate - brother/sister relationship. What sister drinks wine off her brother's feet?

I also heard that Ty has said he is hoping for Marty to win. But he expects JD will win.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-19-05, 04:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Finale Taping on Tuesday"
You sure come up with good tidbits, Loree. All I know is that I never have been so obsessed with a reality show as this one. I just wish Tuesday would get here already, I can't take it anymore!!!!

I will have to say, J.D. is the first reality or any other t.v. star to ever appear in my dreams (although there was one nightmare, where he didn't win & Tim pulled me aside to tell me that it was true that MiG was a ringer -- but it ended up a dream, 'cause I got to console J.D. ) I think I need serious therapy because of this show.

09-19-05, 04:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Finale Taping on Tuesday"
I also had a JD dream...just last night! I think only one other reality star has appeared in my dreams. It was Jenna Morasca & I'm not sure why she was in a dream. I never really thought much about her one way or another.

I think JD was in there because I was obsessing over the VH1 episode last night.

09-19-05, 05:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Finale Taping on Tuesday"
I heard that JD was looking extremely hot in a pinstripe suite with purple shirt at the Emmy parties. Now I just need photos. But I haven't found any yet. Must keep searching...

09-19-05, 09:08 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Finale Taping on Tuesday"

> All I
>know is that I never
>have been so obsessed with
>a reality show as this
>one.

I KNOW! ME, TOO!
Since I'm enjoying it so much, it's hard to remember that the ratings are "disappointing."
What are we going to do when it's over? Check into rehab?

09-19-05, 05:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LaLaLisa Click to send private message to LaLaLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "Toe Wine"
LAST EDITED ON 09-19-05 AT 05:42 PM (EST)

I guess that's what goes with toe cheese???

Anyway, Suzie splains all on #####.com. I just found the site and they do exit interviews with everyone there. The interviews are under "news."

http://www.#####.com/rockstar/rsgh_news_050918.php

added:

hmmmm...apparently that web site is considered a 4-letter word cuz it gets ####ed out.

It is rock star go home dot com with no spaces.

09-19-05, 09:03 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Finale Taping on Tuesday"
>I would go because it's kind
>of part of music history

Yeah, that's true...

>And how are you going to
>give JD my phone number
>if you don't go?????
>

haha, Right! OK, then!

09-19-05, 05:16 PM (EST)
9. "RE: Finale Taping on Tuesday"
The big rehearsal for the finale is today. Then I have been hearing mixed messages that maybe they won't announce the winner at tomorrow's early taping. Some people seem to think they will tape everything but the winner being announced. And then they will do that live Tuesday night with a special invited audience. I guess we have to wait and find out. I did think it was odd they would let the studio audience know who the winner is hours before it is broadcast.

Here's another little article:

Rock Star: INXS’ Finale Marks New Beginning For House Band
LOS ANGELES (Wireless Flash) – The Rock Star: INXS season finale is tomorrow (Sept. 20) but the show’s end is marking a new beginning for Paul Mirkovich, the leader of the show’s house band, which is called “House Band.”
Mirkovich – who has worked with Janet Jackson, Shawn Colvin and Peter Gabriel – says he’s enjoyed working with the musicians and singers and says there’s been talk of either his band working with the singers not chosen by INXS or going out on tour with a few of them.

He admits he doesn’t like touring but would consider it for this project because, in his words, “I really like working with these guys and would like to show what we can do beyond the confines of a three-minute song.”

Before that begins, INXS has to pick the lead singer and Mirkovich admits the band has been relying on his input. He says the final choice may come down to if the band wants someone who is clear about what he wants or someone who is creative and chaotic.

09-19-05, 08:41 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Finale Taping on Tuesday"
>The big rehearsal for the finale
>is today. Then I
>have been hearing mixed messages
>that maybe they won't announce
>the winner at tomorrow's early
>taping. Some people seem
>to think they will tape
>everything but the winner being
>announced. And then they
>will do that live Tuesday
>night with a special invited
>audience. I guess we
>have to wait and find
>out. I did think
>it was odd they would
>let the studio audience know
>who the winner is hours
>before it is broadcast.

You know, that totally makes sense.
That's what EPMB does with the Apprentice finales. I forgot all about that aspect. I actually thought I'd learn the winner by going to the taping (I wouldn't tell you guys, though!) OF COURSE someone would leak it out before the broadcast and ruin it for everyone, so they have to do that part live. They could risk spoilers for the other elimination shows, because they weren't the final winner. I wonder if people are betting in Vegas on who wins--they must be, don't they bet on everything & anything?
Yeah, Loree, you sure do have great insider-type tidbits. Do you know someone on the crew or on the production staff?

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-05, 09:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Finale Taping on Tuesday"
From our tv guide the show will only be 1hr. I had wondered if they would do a Survivor-style reunion show, but not with only 1 hour. My guess is 45 minutes pre-taped and then a segueway (sp?) after commercial to a live feed for the announcement. Probably see a different crowd for the last 15 minutes.

I suspect that if the loser between Marty and JD was to form a band with the house band they would compete with INXS. They wouldn't have the notoriety, but I think they would put out some excellent music (and possibly more modern than INXS).

09-20-05, 09:40 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Finale Taping on Tuesday"
I heard that people at the rehearsal yesterday that are going to the show today had to sign confidentiality agreements. They will be sued for $5 million if they talk before the show is over.

Bravegirl 113 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-20-05, 09:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bravegirl Click to send private message to Bravegirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Finale Taping on Tuesday"
Byoffer,

That's exactly what I was thinking. I just love Marty but I really don't think he is right for INXS. I would LOVE for him to hook up with the house band. They are awesome together and I think he's have a bigger say in what music they do and don't do!

09-20-05, 11:44 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Finale Taping on Tuesday"
From Dave Navarro's blog:

By 11:00am PST, INXS will have a new lead singer and I will be deep into Season One of Lost.

.. so it seems they will announce the winner at the taping

09-20-05, 12:06 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Finale Taping on Tuesday"
>From Dave Navarro's blog:
>
>By 11:00am PST, INXS will have
>a new lead singer and
>I will be deep into
>Season One of Lost.
>
>
>.. so it seems they will
>announce the winner at the
>taping

Where's his blog? I couldn't find it.

09-20-05, 01:01 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Finale Taping on Tuesday"
It's not on the RockStar site. Dave has his own site. But I don't have it bookmarked. I usually just follow a link to it. So I can't remember the web address. If I see it I'll post it.

09-20-05, 08:10 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Finale Taping on Tuesday"
Maybe it's at the Camp Freddy website?

09-20-05, 01:00 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Finale Taping on Tuesday"
And more reasons to love Dave. He loves Lost.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •