The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"TREES - Weeping Willow or Budding Pine??"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

youngatheart 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-16-05, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail youngatheart Click to send private message to youngatheart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"TREES - Weeping Willow or Budding Pine??"
I'm curious....does anyone else think Trees is god awful??? I like Marty...but I can't get into this Tree thing. Everything about it is just plain odd....is it just me??

I'd like to open this thread up to opinions on why you either love Trees or can't stand Trees.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: TREES - Weeping Willow or Buddi... jpl68 09-16-05 1
   RE: TREES - Weeping Willow or Buddi... Moother 09-16-05 2
   RE: TREES - Weeping Willow or Buddi... weltek 09-16-05 4
 RE: TREES - Weeping Willow or Buddi... Iam_Xtreme 09-16-05 3
 RE: TREES - Weeping Willow or Buddi... photokitty 09-16-05 5
   RE: TREES - Weeping Willow or Buddi... queenbee 09-16-05 6
   RE: TREES - Weeping Willow or Buddi... funkalicious 09-16-05 7
       RE: TREES - Weeping Willow or Buddi... LaLaLisa 09-18-05 8
           RE: TREES - Weeping Willow or Buddi... youngatheart 09-19-05 9
               RE: TREES - Budding Pine or Poison ... LaLaLisa 09-19-05 10
 RE: TREES - Weeping Willow or Buddi... GumbyGirl 09-19-05 11
   RE: TREES - Weeping Willow or Buddi... LaLaLisa 09-20-05 15
 RE: TREES - Weeping Willow or Buddi... riverrocker 09-19-05 12
 RE: TREES - Weeping Willow or Buddi... skye 09-19-05 13
   RE: TREES - Weeping Willow or Buddi... cycles2k 09-20-05 14
   RE: TREES - Weeping Willow or Buddi... geg6 09-20-05 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

jpl68 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-16-05, 03:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jpl68 Click to send private message to jpl68 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: TREES - Weeping Willow or Budding Pine??"
I like "Trees" for what it is, which isn't a song that INXS would ever sing. Marty simply isn't right for INXS and he will not be chosen. I like "Trees" as a catchy simplisitc verse chorus verse grunge bubblegum rock song.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Moother 132 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-16-05, 04:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Moother Click to send private message to Moother Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: TREES - Weeping Willow or Budding Pine??"
LAST EDITED ON 09-16-05 AT 04:36 PM (EST)

I like it. I bought and downloaded it. It just makes me smile.
It's definitely not an oak, but I think maybe a peach.

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-16-05, 04:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: TREES - Weeping Willow or Budding Pine??"
Gotta agree with jpl on this one. Bumblegum rock, but I like it. I could, though, tire of it quickly.

Iam_Xtreme 158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-16-05, 04:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Iam_Xtreme Click to send private message to Iam_Xtreme Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: TREES - Weeping Willow or Budding Pine??"
I love trees because it has a great beat and simple lyrics.

Signature Created By: tribephyl

photokitty 298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-16-05, 07:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail photokitty Click to send private message to photokitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: TREES - Weeping Willow or Budding Pine??"
LAST EDITED ON 09-16-05 AT 07:09 PM (EST)

I like Trees.
It's got a catchy tune and fanciful lyrics. They aren't simplistic in the oh-baby-baby-I love-you sort of way that SO bores me! They tell a story that is childlike in its fantasy--they'll live in the trees and rule the world together?! C'mon, that's good stuff, like a sweet Lord Of The Flies.

Plus, I like the way he ends it--the hopeful plea for more that breaks from the previous melody & rhythm.

Also, I disagree about whether it's something INXS would sing. I'm thinking of "Johnson's Airplane" from THE SWING at the moment. "Trees" is in that same vein and I can totally picture them singing it. They'd put their own spin on it, of course.

queenbee 27 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-16-05, 09:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail queenbee Click to send private message to queenbee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: TREES - Weeping Willow or Budding Pine??"
Well said, photokitty. I totally agree!

"Fanciful" and "a sweet Lord of the Flies" is exactly why it's awesome. What's wrong with a simple little song with a catchy tune? It's not going to change the world, but it will give me something to hum from time to time. INXS could totally pull it off.

funkalicious 15 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-05, 09:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail funkalicious Click to send private message to funkalicious Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: TREES - Weeping Willow or Budding Pine??"
GREAT description, kitty. I like it too! I wouldn't mind living up in the trees and ruling the world with my honey ... not bad at all ...

Plus, I think the electric version with Marty in his full normal style (ie not toning down the screaming) takes the bubblegum edge off it. Now if Britney covered it, it'd be another story ...

It's also nice to hear Marty actually hit the notes.

LaLaLisa 296 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-05, 06:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LaLaLisa Click to send private message to LaLaLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: TREES - Weeping Willow or Budding Pine??"
"Now if Britney covered it, it'd be another story ..."

Oh dear god in heaven, don't even suggest that!!!

I really liked it the first time I heard it. I've downloaded it. It's fun.

What's kinda neat about it is that it's a happy little Marty song. Who knew he could be so happy? I like the his screaming version, too.

As far as if it's an INXS type of song, I don't think so, but I'm not real good at imagining things differently (like a rocked out CA Dreamin or Baby Hit Me.) To me, the appeal is the "head bopping" (not banging) aspect and I don't associate it head bopping with them or should I say their music (because I can't get the picture of Kirk bopping his little head back and forth as he sings along.)

youngatheart 21 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-05, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail youngatheart Click to send private message to youngatheart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: TREES - Weeping Willow or Budding Pine??"
I guess I must be the minority on Trees with not liking the song. I just really hope we don't have to hear it again at the finally.

09-19-05, 12:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LaLaLisa Click to send private message to LaLaLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: TREES - Budding Pine or Poison Ivy?"
Don't know if you're the minority or not, but a lot of people have posted how much they hated Trees earlier. Maybe they just used up their venting and didn't feel like posting again. You can find the posts back after we first heard it.

GumbyGirl 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

09-19-05, 01:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GumbyGirl Click to send private message to GumbyGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: TREES - Weeping Willow or Budding Pine??"
I really liked the song the first few times I heard it (it sticks in your head and is cute and fun). However, I'm growing a little tired of it. My Mom even said, "you really like that song? I think it's just silly." Anyway, it's cute for what it is, but it's one of those tunes that grow old quickly. I think Pretty Vegas is more like the type of song that has longevity.

As far as who will win (Marty, MiG or JD) based on what I read about the Sunday night show (where they all had to write a tune with Andrew), it seems like JD has screwed himself out of the position by not being prepared. MiG is great, but I think he might be too "nice" for the band. Marty really seems like the frontrunner. I think they're all talented and would probably enjoy watching any of them in concert (though I'd prefer watching Marty the most!!!)

09-20-05, 09:10 AM (EST)
15. "RE: TREES - Weeping Willow or Budding Pine??"
"it seems like JD has screwed himself out of the position by not being prepared."

At first, I thought it was being set up that way. Now, it could be wishful thinking on my part, but I think it was mostly suspense building editing, because most people have been saying yeah, JD is gonna win (whether they like that idea or not.)

Clearly Andrew did say he had expected JD to have brought more prepared and that he could use some of Marty's discipline. However, Andrew still had a lot of good things to say about how and what JD wrote and I think the end result is what really matters.

It would be different if JD didn't prepare because he didn't care, but it is clearly his method, he believes in an organic process. They know what JD is like and how we works. Being able to write fast and create on the fly is an advantage.

The whole Trees vs Pretty Vegas is a good example. Marty created Trees years ago and has been performing it with his band regularly. Talk about your safety zone. JD wrote PV in hours. What did anyone come up with in the same amount of time that JD wrote PV in that clinic?

And the SECOND chance they had to do a personal song, NO ONE took on the challenge to tweak/star over their INXS clinic song. I know I keep writing about that, but it still floors me. PV is what has won this competition for JD IMO. I figured it would be a great chance for someone else to co-write a song with Andrew.

As for this clinic, I think they all proved they could write/collaborate with Andrew. They all have their different styles, but they all produce in the end.

Whew. Didn't expect that to go on so long.

riverrocker 298 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-05, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail riverrocker Click to send private message to riverrocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: TREES - Weeping Willow or Budding Pine??"
Personally, I consider it to be a great 'driving song'--meaning that the back-beat, or under-beat, whatever it's called, is just so awesome, I just want to drive on the open highway VERY fast! Lyrics? Eh, whatever...that's not 'the' key for me....it's all about the BEAT!

skye 2261 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

09-19-05, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skye Click to send private message to skye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: TREES - Weeping Willow or Budding Pine??"
I'll join the minority and admit that I don't like this song at all.

It's a lyrical cliche that an 8 year old could have written. "You and me, up in the trees" just makes me want to add "picking off each other's fleas, just like monkeys."

"I don't think witchcraft is a religion." George W. Bush

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-20-05, 03:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: TREES - Weeping Willow or Budding Pine??"
I like the guitar and the melody. I don't particularly like the lyrics because they do sound a little childlike. The music makes the song, but good lyrics can improve a song and this one lacks the appropriate lyrics.

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-20-05, 09:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: TREES - Weeping Willow or Budding Pine??"
I'm with you, Skye.

Stupid song. Idiotic lyrics. This is the best thing he's written in his career (it must be because he couldn't wait to showcase it)? "Pretty Vegas," written in a couple of hours and rehearsed only a few times blew "Trees" out of the water.

Wouldn't buy this song, wouldn't even listen to it again (I've heard it twice, more than enough). "Pretty Vegas," though. Will buy it, will listen to it over and over.

I'm such a slut for the blues.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •