The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"JD as Elvis"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-16-05, 11:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"JD as Elvis"
Ever since JD said he had been an Elvis impersonator, I can't get past how he sounds like him every time he sings. No one has mentioned this and I wonder if INXS is considering that at all.

Anyone else see Elvis in JD?

Moves courtesy of Syren

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: JD as Elvis LaLaLisa 09-16-05 1
 RE: JD as Elvis Moother 09-16-05 2
   RE: JD as Elvis leianawd 09-16-05 3
       RE: JD as Elvis kjgibsonplayer 09-16-05 4
           RE: JD as Elvis Tahj 09-16-05 5
 RE: JD as Elvis photokitty 09-16-05 6
 RE: JD as Elvis funkalicious 09-16-05 7
   RE: JD as Elvis jpl68 09-16-05 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

LaLaLisa 296 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-16-05, 11:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LaLaLisa Click to send private message to LaLaLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: JD as Elvis"
Oh, plenty of people have. It comes up like four or five times in the "9/14" discussion thread. Just do a search for "Elvis" in the posts and you'll see a bunch of threads where it's discussed.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Moother 132 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-16-05, 11:29 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Moother Click to send private message to Moother Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: JD as Elvis"
YUP. I really think of it when he goes down on his knee at the front of the stage and soulfully sings to someone in the front audience while clasping their hand. This isn't strictly Elvis but he was a master at it. Also when he tucks his chin to get at those lower notes. It reminds me of an Elvis mannerism. Now if he looked like Elvis looked in the 70's, I might forgive him. Unfortunately, he doesn't!

leianawd 471 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-16-05, 01:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail leianawd Click to send private message to leianawd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: JD as Elvis"
I think he is just one of those people who can has a voice for an Elvis impersonator but I don't think he does it on purpose.

kjgibsonplayer 5 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-16-05, 01:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kjgibsonplayer Click to send private message to kjgibsonplayer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: JD as Elvis"
No one sounds completely original. I don't see how sounding like Elvis would be a bad thing.

Tahj 4136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-16-05, 02:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Tahj Click to send private message to Tahj Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: JD as Elvis"
I think he is just one of those people who can has a voice for an Elvis impersonator but I don't think he does it on purpose.

Yeah, and that's the problem. He doesn't do it on purpose.

No one sounds completely original.

What an odd statement. There are so many original and unique voices out there I can't even begin to name them all.

I don't see how sounding like Elvis would be a bad thing.

Uh, I would think INXS might have a BIG problem with it, and I can't imagine any performer who would like hearing "you sound a lot like Elvis" unless they were actually an impersonator. Everyone likes to think they have their own unique style.

Moves courtesy of Syren

photokitty 298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-16-05, 07:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail photokitty Click to send private message to photokitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: JD as Elvis"
Yeah, I hear it on some songs, but JD is such a PALE imitation of Elvis, I don't think INXS is considering it a problem. I'd be more concerned about a Michael Hutchence impersonator.

funkalicious 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-16-05, 08:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail funkalicious Click to send private message to funkalicious Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: JD as Elvis"
I have to admit some confusion as to why so many JD supporters and bashers alike think it's a negative that he was an Elvis impersonator.

After all, Elvis is "The King." He had a beautiful deep voice that the world loved. Anyone working as an Elvis impersonator has to have a similar richness and tone, which JD definitely has. However, once JD gets out of his lower register I don't think he sounds like Elvis in the slightest. JD has an edge and this raw energy that's all his own, and I wonder whether anyone would compare him to Elvis in a negative way if they didn't know he was an impersonator.

So what's so wrong about being an Elvis impersonator? We all know that many successful actors started out waiting tables to pay the bills, working in local theatre at night, maybe getting a bit part in an indie movie. You've gotta start somewhere. To me, it shows a true dedication to building a career as a musician.

I have a ton of respect for anyone who has the guts to devote their life to fulfilling a dream, trying to make a living from a talent in an industry that's incredibly difficult to break into. IMO, it says a lot more about someone's level of dedication & commitment when they try to work in the field full time, even if the pay is wretched or the job isn't worthy of their full talent.

I totally respect JD for being an Elvis impersonator. What a fun job! You'd get to sing, to dance, to perform in front of a crowd ... and you never know where it's going to take you.

If you're selling copy machines, mixing drinks or doing some other job that's unrelated to your dream, you're making a longshot even longer ... and I'd say that you probably didn't want it that much in the first place.

jpl68 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-16-05, 08:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jpl68 Click to send private message to jpl68 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: JD as Elvis"
And the same sort of things could be said about Marty sounding like Curt Cobain, . . . is that bad? Frankly, first it was Elvis, then it was J.D. impersonating MH, and earlier today I read posts saying he was impersonating Jim Morrision. Well if you can't be original, I think that's some pretty good company. J.D. certainly pulls the Elvis stage moves out of his bag of tricks, but it seems natural to me, and really, lets be serious, Mig was simulating skipping rope on stage and actually played air guitar, yeah, air guitar, you remember the 80's right?

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •