The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Even CBS loves JD"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

LaLaLisa 296 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-15-05, 08:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LaLaLisa Click to send private message to LaLaLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Even CBS loves JD"
LAST EDITED ON 09-15-05 AT 08:33 PM (EST)

YEAH BABY!!!!! They've finally seen the light. Even CBS those JD haters can't resist him, the irresitable force. They've come over to the light side.

J.D. JAMS AGAIN
J.D. is next, and he opens with “Pretty Vegas.” It’s a crowd-pleaser again, especially now that Dave is playing guitar. The crowd amps up when they see that J.D. has exchanged his standard megaphone with one that’s encrusted with rhinestones, in honor of his lyrics. He introduces his next song, Pink Floyd’s legendary, “Money,” by asking the audience who needs money, and everyone in the crowd responds in the affirmative. He tells the audience to sing along, and jokes, “If you don’t fake it, because I’m going to.” But he doesn’t fake a thing, handling the song’s challenging staccato-like, seven-four time signature beat like a pro. Then he grabs a huge bag, opens it and flings money out to the audience. Dave tells J.D. he had a blast playing with him on "Pretty Vegas," and gives kudos on his rendition of "Money." Kirk tells J.D. that he can’t get “Pretty Vegas” out of his head. Dave throws in his two cents that if J.D. wins, "perhaps that should be an INXS single."

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Even CBS loves JD Moother 09-15-05 1
   RE: Even CBS loves JD LaLaLisa 09-16-05 2
       RE: Even CBS loves JD Moother 09-16-05 3
       RE: Even CBS loves JD shanana banana 09-16-05 4
           RE: Even CBS loves JD LaLaLisa 09-16-05 5
               RE: Even CBS loves JD dragonflies 09-16-05 6
               RE: Even CBS loves JD shanana banana 09-16-05 7
                   RE: Even CBS loves JD LaLaLisa 09-16-05 8
                   RE: Even CBS loves JD photokitty 09-16-05 10
               RE: Even CBS loves JD leianawd 09-16-05 9
                   RE: Even CBS loves JD photokitty 09-16-05 11
                   RE: Even CBS loves JD funkalicious 09-16-05 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Moother 132 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-15-05, 11:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Moother Click to send private message to Moother Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Even CBS loves JD"
I am truly hoping that this is one of Mark Burnett's twist. I hope he is reeling us in to the J.D. love fest just to surprise us with the choice of Marty or Mig as the new lead singer for INXS.
Let this be so!
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

09-16-05, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail LaLaLisa Click to send private message to LaLaLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Even CBS loves JD"
Care to wager?

Come on. He's not that bad - he's just been edited that way. Do you really think that INXS is such a bad judge of character and talent they'd let him come this far if he was a no-talent jerk?

Any of the choices would do fine. I think after the dust settles and there's some distance from all the manipulating most INXS fans will accept JD.

Moother 132 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-16-05, 09:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Moother Click to send private message to Moother Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Even CBS loves JD"
I am not saying he is as bad as they portray him. I just don't care for him in any way. I don't like his style. JMHO.

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-16-05, 10:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shanana%20banana Click to send private message to shanana%20banana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Even CBS loves JD"
"Come on. He's not that bad - he's just been edited that way. Do you really think that INXS is such a bad judge of character and talent they'd let him come this far if he was a no-talent jerk?"

No, I don't -- he obviously has talent. Whether you like his type of talent or not is certainly up for debate, but he definitely doesn't all-out suck. Nobody who sucked would be on this show. I think overall they got a great group of people.

However, JD HAS been a bit of a narcissitic (sp) jerk in the past. Yes, selective editing helped that storyline along. But even JD has admitted in every episode for the past three weeks that he was playing games when he first started, that his friends have helped him see what was really important, etc, etc -- in other words, that he was acting like a bit of an @ss when this started and he's grown up a lot since the beginning of the show.

Editing can only do so much. They still have to work with the base premise of what's already there.

09-16-05, 10:25 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Even CBS loves JD"
You're right, he did say he was playing games in the beginning. I take it that most people that took an early dislike/hate to him did so because he seemed too competitive when everyone else was having a lovefest.

And no, they can't edit to make him say things he didn't say. But they can leave out every snide remark everyone else makes. They can edit out leading, cajoling questions they ask during the confessional sessions, they can leave out all the funny, nice, sensitive things he does.

I am curious: I've heard comments in the later weeks that people are starting to realize this is a competition and talk of "game face" and the competitiveness of others is coming out. When he was told on more than one occaison that "he's the only one who understands what this competition is about" that suggests to me they don't think he was going to far and that the other competitors would do well to follow his lead. Do people dislike him because he was competitive too early, is that it?

I know that sometimes you can't always articulate what it is you don't like about a person. I guess I should just give up trying to understand. I mean, I obviously prefer him, but I don't hate any other performer. I don't think they are right for various reasons, or think they get overpraised at various times, or find them completely unsexy, but I don't hate any of 'em and would listen to INXS no matter who is singing. I guess JD generates strong feelings, good and bad.

dragonflies 8051 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-16-05, 10:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail dragonflies Click to send private message to dragonflies Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Even CBS loves JD"
It's really just a matter of opinion and personal preferences. The fact that other people don't like JD is just their opinion. No different than that I don't like beer. I prefer wine.

Any of the final 3 would have something to add to INXS, and I'm sure will be successful with or without INXS.

shanana banana 658 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-16-05, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail shanana%20banana Click to send private message to shanana%20banana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Even CBS loves JD"
""I am curious: I've heard comments in the later weeks that people are starting to realize this is a competition and talk of "game face" and the competitiveness of others is coming out. When he was told on more than one occaison that "he's the only one who understands what this competition is about" that suggests to me they don't think he was going to far and that the other competitors would do well to follow his lead. Do people dislike him because he was competitive too early, is that it?""

Lisa, my opinion on JD's competitiveness at the beginning is this: I loved the rearranging of the songs he did in the beginning -- it showed he had an ear for music, talent at putting together or rearranging the structure of a song to be more interesting and to suit his voice -- that he wasn't just going for a karaoke moment. To ME, that showed his competitiveness and I think that is what INXS meant when they made their comments -- that JD has his eye on the prize and knows what he wants and what he needs to do to get there.

Where JD went wrong, I believe, was the very smug and inappropriate comment he made on performance night where he said the others did not really know the INXS songs and were learning them for the first time and he knew them already. That was not necessary at all to *prove* that you are a competitor -- to put your competition down in that manner. Do I think he meant to hurt people's feelings on purpose? No. But it was very insensitive. Then we can add in the night where he tried to get Jordis to switch songs with him after fighting so hard to get We Are The Champions over Jordis --- and then being a baby and wanting to switch when he realized he couldn't sing it very well. I thought that was very immature -- to me, you fought for the decision; suck it up and do the best you can -- don't try to stick someone else with your mistake.

The best way to prove you are the best is to do it through your music -- something JD CAN do, but he then chose to make a storyline for himself of "bad JD" with actions like this. I think some of his other little commenting wouldn't have been taken so seriously if he hadn't been playing these sorts of games in the beginning, thereby needing his "reminder of what's real" by friends -- and I do think they are all friends now -- that you don't need to play games like this to prove yourself.

That's a long answer to say -- on stage is where you prove your competitiveness. So it wasn't that he was competitive too early -- it's all the silliness that revolved around it which created such unnecessary drama. This is a singing competition, not an Inside The Actors Studio Moment. Sure, it's also a reality show, but the rest of the mansion stuff was still really interesting and funny without the drama queen BS that became the focus.

And personally, I would have also loved to have seen some of the lighter JD moments as well as lighter moments from others, like the tattoo session, and I would have also LOVED to have seen footage from their nights on the town at Rokbar and such. When we do get a glimpse of those, they are very enjoyable to watch.

09-16-05, 11:35 AM (EST)
8. "RE: Even CBS loves JD"
"That's a long answer to say.."

Actually, thanks for taking the time to write a thoughtful answer. I couldn't see some of these things live, had to read about 'em after the fact. Could be that's why it bugs me less.

photokitty 298 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-05, 09:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail photokitty Click to send private message to photokitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Even CBS loves JD"
Excellent analysis Shanana Banana!

And I don't say that just because I agree with your explainaion/exploration of events, which I do, mostly.

I don't believe his "I already know the songs" statement was thoughtless. I think it was absolutely intentional. He was sucking up to the band, and at the same time hoping to make the others look bad.

For me, that was when my anti-JD sentiment started, but if that were the only incident, it might have become forgotten. Mostly, I was hating his smarmy performance moments, which I think can be blamed on his Elvis impersonator days. When he is more on the punk rock side of things, I enjoy his performances better, but I still find him hard to watch after a minute or so. I listen with my hand over my closed eyes.

leianawd 471 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-16-05, 01:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail leianawd Click to send private message to leianawd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Even CBS loves JD"
I don't see the harm in what J.D. did as far as being competitive, after all nothing that he did made another musician have to pack their bags. They are all responsible for their own performances so if someone leaves it's their own fault not others, so I really don't see the big deal in what J.D. did. I have seen many people have to pack their bags because they were pratically invisible and J.d. just ensured himself some recognition, which one would need during competitions of this nature. I doubt that others in the house were as loving towards each other as they were portrayed. In fact I have seen on many occasions when J.D. tries to say something encouraging the others seem to give an attitude or when J.D. has a good week they all seem to start their complaining but if J.D. was ever to do this they freak out. I love J.D. I think he has alot of talent and I can't wait to see him make it big and have cds out there that I would gladly buy.

Is it just me or does anyone else out there love his two top front teeth. They remind me of baby bunny teeth they are so adorable....ok I know I'm weird but hell it's the truth I can't keep my eyes off those two teeth whenever I watch the show.

photokitty 298 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-05, 09:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail photokitty Click to send private message to photokitty Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Even CBS loves JD"
You make a good point. What he did never caused anyone to be sent home, per se.

And no, I have not noticed his 2 front teeth. But I will now, thanks a LOT!

funkalicious 15 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-16-05, 09:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail funkalicious Click to send private message to funkalicious Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Even CBS loves JD"
OMG, they ARE baby bunny teeth and they ARE adorable!!

I agree -- I don't think anything he did is so awful. I'm pretty competitive but also very nice, and I could honestly see myself up there saying that line about having known the songs vs just learning them. I'd say it to reinforce my love of their music AND to get in a little jab ... I mean come on, in JD's blog he says he auditioned for the show in FEBRUARY, so there was plenty of time to listen to their music and love it and learn it. If anyone showed up at the mansion not knowing the music yet, shame on them. I'd have done exactly what JD did.

And I also would have cajoled Jordis into switching songs and then offered to switch back later. That's not a huge character flaw -- Jordis agreed, JD realized he goofed and tried to switch back. Big deal. I used to do that all the time at dinner with my ex-boyfriend. "OK, you get the filet and I'll get the halibut." And then I taste the filet and try to switch plates on him. OK, I'm a sleaze!!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •