The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Performance Reviews"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

jpl68 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-15-05, 09:07 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jpl68 Click to send private message to jpl68 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Performance Reviews"
LAST EDITED ON 09-15-05 AT 09:08 AM (EST)

Marty: A+++

I thought Marty was absolutely great with Trees. That being said, I think he did exactly what he wanted to do, ensure to INXS that he is not their guy, and ensure to the record buying public it will be worth spending a few bucks on his album after the show is over, be it a solo venture or one with his band lovehammers. I thought he was brilliant, and think that instead of playing it safe, he simply said here I am and here is who I am.

J.D.: A

Solid performance as has been the case the past 3 weeks. J.D. brings the whole package to the stage in terms of a lead for a band. My only comment is that I would have preferred to see J.D. sitting on a bar stool. If you are going to do an acoustical version of a song, I think you need the bar stool.

Mig: ?

O.K., here we go. No one will believe this but I like Mig. However, I have not been impressed with his performances the last few weeks, and yes I have watched them several times to see if I am missing things the first or second time around. I just don't know. When he goes into his higher octave voice, especially when he goes for that one long "note" like he did toward the end of Paint it Black, he is real real close to crossing into 80's big hair glam/metal rock scene ala sebastian bach, ronnie james dio, mark slaughter, Klaus Meine, etc. . . . He also has this retro british rock star look and performance, ala the beatles, the monkeys, the kinks, the stones, etc. . . . INXS comments that he looks like a rock star, well, yeah, one from the early 1970's. But anyhow, I digress. His performance was just O.K. for me.

Grade: B-

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Performance Reviews riverrocker 09-15-05 1
 RE: Performance Reviews youngatheart 09-15-05 2

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

riverrocker 298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-15-05, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail riverrocker Click to send private message to riverrocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Performance Reviews"
Agree with you....except for Mig. Hate to say, but INXS IS a band from the '70s....at least in presentation. Plus, his singing of 'their' song demonstrated that he could sing their music.........in our opinion MUCH better than J.D. Mig knows how to hold a mic so you can hear the words.....and INXS songs ARE about the lyrics!

We gave him a "B" for his two songs........but a solid A+++ for the INXS song.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

youngatheart 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-15-05, 09:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail youngatheart Click to send private message to youngatheart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Performance Reviews"
What I really enjoy about this board is the wide variety of opinions....and I respect them all. Thanks everyone. Now, time for mine!

JD: "A" Pretty Las Vegas....Although I think this has been an overkill encoure, I really did like the arrangement of the song better last night. Seemed like it was easier to understand the words (big pet peeve of mine...) and JD's voice was in more control.

Marty: "B"....Trees.....yawn. Again, overkill in my opinion. I'm probably a minority here, but this song just doesn't do it for me. Still a fan of Marty though.

Mig: "B-"....I'm feeling let down by the Miginator. I truly thought he'd be my favorite going into the last few weeks, but I'm not sure anymore. My maternal urges overcame me last night and I wanted to help him fit into a pair of pants...I think he must of wondered into Brooke's dressing room and found those.

Suzie: B...Not surprised that she went home...but a very class act in her own right. I'd buy her CD as I think she has an awesome voice.

So as far as my prediction for next week....I see JD as the winner, even though Marty probably has a following of fans that will also boost his career in a different direction than INXS. Then again, Mig might pull it off.....can't wait for the finale.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •