The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Pretty Vegas has won it for JD"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

houstonblues 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

09-14-05, 00:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail houstonblues Click to send private message to houstonblues Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Pretty Vegas has won it for JD"
The bottom line for this entire show is who will make the most money for INXS. That is the reality of an aging band who want to get on the summer concert circuit, play outdoor venues and earn a nice paycheck. Who can best sing the INXS back catalog is a big deal.

That said, JD has done something no one on this show could have expected (or probably even dreamed). He has taken new INXS music, added words and it is getting radio play. Unbelivable. This happening is the very best possible result from this show for INXS. They couldn't have planned it better.

For that reason JD will win. At this point it really isn't even a question any more.

As for the others:

My guess is there will be some type of announcement on the final show that some of the contestants will provide the opening act for the INXS world tour. That way the band can take advantage of the show to an even greater extent as they go on their tour.

As for tomorrow: I do think there is a chance Marty gets cut. The reasoning would be something to the effect that his sound is so distinct, his song (Trees) isn't really INXS but is getting play, so Marty's band will be invited to tour with INXS. This option could be a real possibilty. It keeps all the Marty fans happy, leaves Susie until the end, etc.

I love this show. I'm going to miss it. Hopefully the world tour will head to Houston. It should be fun.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Pretty Vegas has won it for JD Buggy 09-14-05 1
   RE: Pretty Vegas has won it for JD jpl68 09-14-05 3
 RE: Pretty Vegas has won it for JD jpl68 09-14-05 2
   RE: Pretty Vegas has won it for JD youngatheart 09-14-05 4
 RE: Pretty Vegas has won it for JD trigirl 09-14-05 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Buggy 5089 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-14-05, 00:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Buggy Click to send private message to Buggy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Pretty Vegas has won it for JD"
Welcome Houston!
Always nice to see a fellow Texan!

I agree with your post. Just about all of it.

I think MiG is going to get cut, and it will be a shock to the fans, but I don't think MiG is a fit for the band. ( I think he is wonderful, but not for INXS)

Besides, they already found their lead singer.
I think JD is the best choice.
Can't wait to buy the new album!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

jpl68 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-14-05, 08:56 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jpl68 Click to send private message to jpl68 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Pretty Vegas has won it for JD"
I agree, assuming Mig is in the bottom 3. If not, its tough. I agree with you on Marty, but wow, he is such a fan favorite. I think INXS would love to have Suzie in the final just for purposes of diversity, but I think cutting Marty loose will be hard. But hey, its got to happen either tomorrow or next Tuesday, right, so maybe it doesn't matter.

jpl68 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-14-05, 08:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jpl68 Click to send private message to jpl68 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Pretty Vegas has won it for JD"
I agree, and here is one of my posts from a thread yesterday:

"Pretty Vegas is already getting airplay, was written in part by Andrew and sounds like an INXS song. A marketing dream come true for INXS. Another sign that J.D. will win."

I really don't see how INXS could pass on the opportunity for instant exposure with a song that Andrew co-wrote. In fact, its almost too good to be true for INXS. The album comes out in November, but they will be able to do a quick version of Pretty Vegas since it is already written and put it out in the next few weeks, allowing the song to be a perfect lead in and momentum builder for the album which will come out a month or so later, at which time, a new song from the album will be ready to be released as a single. There will be absolutely no down time for INXS while they put the album together and they do not have to risk releasing a single prior to the album and not knowing how it will go over, as Pretty Vegas is already a hit.

youngatheart 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

09-14-05, 09:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail youngatheart Click to send private message to youngatheart Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Pretty Vegas has won it for JD"
I agree....what other song has been peformed three weeks in a row. Can you say "publicity"???

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-14-05, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Pretty Vegas has won it for JD"
Hey Houston...I'm with you. Totally agree that INXS will use the other rockers in some capacity. I'd love to see their show!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •