The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Live Performance Spoiler Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

09-13-05, 02:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Live Performance Spoiler Thread"
Where's Loree?
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 She was in another thread... weltek 09-13-05 1
   RE: She was in another thread... geg6 09-13-05 2
       RE: She was in another thread... ginger 09-13-05 5
           RE: JD/Me/Dave sammich LaLaLisa 09-13-05 8
 RE: Live Performance Spoiler Thread Loree 09-13-05 3
   RE: Live Performance Spoiler Thread LaLaLisa 09-13-05 7
       RE: Live Performance Spoiler Thread Loree 09-13-05 9
       RE: Live Performance Spoiler Thread CattyChat 09-13-05 12
   RE: Live Performance Spoiler Thread LaLaLisa 09-13-05 10
       RE: Live Performance Spoiler Thread weltek 09-13-05 11
           RE: Live Performance Spoiler Thread leianawd 09-14-05 20
 Brooke Loree 09-13-05 4
   RE: Brooke triednottowatch 09-13-05 6
       RE: Brooke Wacko Jacko 09-13-05 13
 Please ! Buggy 09-13-05 14
   RE: Please ! Moother 09-13-05 15
       RE: Please ! Buggy 09-14-05 17
   RE: Please ! pumpkinqueen 09-14-05 18
   RE: Please ! weltek 09-14-05 21
 MiG Buggy 09-13-05 16
   RE: MiG weltek 09-14-05 22
 Song Choices trigirl 09-14-05 19
   RE: Song Choices weltek 09-14-05 23
       RE: Song Choices Moother 09-14-05 24
           RE: Song Choices ginger 09-14-05 25
           RE: Song Choices jpl68 09-15-05 30
           Creep trigirl 09-15-05 31
       RE: Song Choices LaLaLisa 09-14-05 26
           RE: Song Choices cycles2k 09-15-05 28
               RE: Song Choices trigirl 09-15-05 29
                   RE: Song Choices LaLaLisa 09-15-05 33
       RE: Song Choices triednottowatch 09-15-05 27
       RE: Song Choices trigirl 09-15-05 32

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-13-05, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "She was in another thread..."
From the Super Bummed thread:

Oh I think JD is still in this race. From Spoilers I heard from the show for Tuesday night (taped yesterday) JD was the only one that got 2 standing O's from INXS. (Suzie also got one for her 2nd song). And it was said that INXS gave JD "Money" by Pink Floyd to challenge him vocally. Dave N said it is a very hard song to sing because it has the tricky 7/4 time. But after the song INXS was cheering that JD exceeded their expectations with the song. And it didn't hurt that he was throwing a bag of fake money to the crowd. He also got a sparkly megaphone this week for "Pretty Vegas". So someone must have been busy with the Bedazzler.
Also "Pretty Vegas" has now been heard on some radio stations as a "new favourite".

Dave N was on stage this week with everyone for their 1st song of 2.

I'm so psyched Dave is on stage!!! I'd like to be in the middle of a JD/Dave sammich.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

geg6 14941 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-05, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail geg6 Click to send private message to geg6 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: She was in another thread..."
>I'm so psyched Dave is on
>stage!!! I'd like to
>be in the middle of
>a JD/Dave sammich.

You'd have to fight me off first.

I'm such a slut for the blues.

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-05, 03:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: She was in another thread..."
Twins share with their twins, Geg.
He's OURS.

LaLaLisa 296 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

09-13-05, 05:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LaLaLisa Click to send private message to LaLaLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: JD/Me/Dave sammich"
OMG.........I could die happy

Loree 8616 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-05, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Live Performance Spoiler Thread"
I'm here. What does everyone want to know? I did hear several rundowns of exactly what happened at the tapings. Not sure what everyone wants to know before they see it tonight.

Suzie goes first. I heard she does get mixed up on the lyrics of her first song a bit but covers by yelling "C'mon" to the audience. She also goes down into the audience at one point. She gets a standing "O" from INXS for her second song. And the audience loved it.

The clips are up at MSN now with bits of everyones' songs from the show. So that tells you what everyone sang.

JD goes second and INXS loved him and gave him a standing "O" for each song. INXS was all very happy he nailed "Money" since it had been some test for JD's vocal abilities. And Kirk said he just couldn't get "Pretty Vegas" out of his head since he first heard it.

Marty goes third. He scales back "Trees" and does it more accoustic. I heard "Creep" was a little pitchy.

MiG was last and just didn't bring the edge to "Paint it Black" like they wanted. I heard several people refer to it as "Paint it Beige" when MiG sang it. But he did good on his other song.

But all in all everyone got a tongue bath from INXS and it seemed like they wanted all the Rockers to feel good and look good to the audience. Time to make sure they are all sent away looking good.

09-13-05, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail LaLaLisa Click to send private message to LaLaLisa Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Live Performance Spoiler Thread"
I know I have a one-track mind but I think since it certainly seems down to JD & Marty that it woulda only been fair to have Marty go first - as in to a cold crowd - then the Sunshine Couple and THEN let JD follow that and close the show like Marty got to last week.

I'm just sayin.

How DO they decide performance order? I mean, for Suzie last week - to follow JD's high energy performance with a tender ballad? Hard, hard, hard. MiG at least got to follow Suzie.

09-13-05, 05:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Loree Click to send private message to Loree Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Live Performance Spoiler Thread"
I have always thought the performance order was set up to go with whatever story they are telling that week.

I think last week they wanted JD to go first because it was part of their "let's make the audience love JD again" storyline. They played the VH1 show first for the audience and it was all about JD's birthday and everyone was laughing about JD and really liking him after watching that. So they immediately got him up on stage.

Then I think Marty's set was the next strongest so they wanted to distance it from JD's and put it last.

My guess this week is they thought JD and Marty got the bookend spots last week. So to be fair they would let Suzie and MiG have them this week.

CattyChat 3379 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

09-13-05, 07:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CattyChat Click to send private message to CattyChat Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Live Performance Spoiler Thread"
>"How DO they decide performance order? I mean, for Suzie
>last week - to follow JD's high energy performance with
>a tender ballad? Hard, hard, hard. MiG at
>least got to follow Suzie."

Yeah, and after the show, who were on tape crying boo-hoo, we had to follow J.D.'s performance, with the audience in a "frenzy" & "foaming at the mouth" & "like a lamb lead to slaughter" (quotes by MiG) -- both Jordis & MiG.

Suzie followed right after & performed smoothly, but neither MiG or Jordis could get over J.D.'s performance. (Oh, I guess that means, big, bad J.D. purposefully messed them up in his calculating & manipulating ways by rocking the house )

09-13-05, 06:06 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Live Performance Spoiler Thread"
"JD goes second and INXS loved him and gave him a standing "O" for each song."

I'd love to give him a standing "O"

09-13-05, 06:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Live Performance Spoiler Thread"

Standing, laying down, I'm not picky.

leianawd 471 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

09-14-05, 03:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail leianawd Click to send private message to leianawd Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Live Performance Spoiler Thread"
Hell, yeah I would love to experience ALL of J.D. I even told my boyfriend that I bet he's wild ( if you know what I mean). If I was single I would get my butt to him and well I'll let the rest be a secret.

09-13-05, 03:07 PM (EST)
4. "Brooke"
Oh yes I heard several reports about Brooke's tiny little suede skirt. Everyone was quite impressed with her toned butt. And she had some white boots with bone-like heels.

Don't know if anyone was interested. But it was mentioned quite a few times.

triednottowatch 281 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-05, 04:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail triednottowatch Click to send private message to triednottowatch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Brooke"
Hmmm. Brooke Burke, tiny skirt. Definitely interested.

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

09-13-05, 11:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Brooke"
Should there be any question after tonights episode?

JD JD JD JD JD!!!!!!!

There others they were all bad in my opinion. From top to bottom.

2) Suzie - ok, I guess at least she was somewhat interesting. That is more than I can say for the other two.

3) Marty - He trashed his own song. It was so much better as a rocker. WHY MARTY WHY? The Creep song was perfect for Marty....I say that because although I like him. He has a creey side to his personality and his performance of ANOTHER grunge some was boring. Most boring set of the night.

4) MiG - Wow, where was the cotton when I needed it. That performace was painful. MiG is taking a que from Marty from earlier in the season. INXs thinks he might be too theaterical and what does he do???? He goes out and gives his most theaterical performance. Made Ty sound like the anti-theater. OUCH! My ears.....and what the heck was that from INXs about him, "Doesn't look like you'll be in the bottom three again"? Maybe MiG is a plant. INXS complains about theaterical performances and they loved this?!?!?!?

Buggy 5089 desperate attention whore postings

09-13-05, 11:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Buggy Click to send private message to Buggy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "Please !"

Can everyone please vote for "Money" in the bonus poll?
I really would love to see JD sing it again for the encore.

I'll admit I wasn't his biggest fan the first couple weeks, but this guy, IS INXS!
I really need need to see him encore the Floyd song.

Oh, and I am positive he wins now. I think giving him that song showed what the band was thinking.

JD is money!

Moother 132 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-13-05, 11:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Moother Click to send private message to Moother Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Please !"
ICK... I hope you are wrong about the J.D. thing!

09-14-05, 00:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Buggy Click to send private message to Buggy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Please !"
Everyone has different tastes of course, but I think JD is the fit for INXS.
I think INXS wants "Pretty Vegas" as their next single. ( the song is already getting radio air play!)
And as an INXS fan, I can hear JD doing their old songs.

I've said it on here somewhere before, but I HATED what JD did to " California Dreamin".
Hated it!

But JD sounds like INXS to me.
All of the final performers have talent, I could ( and want to) listen to all of them again, but JD should win.
I think even INXS loves all of them at this point, but who is the best fit for their music is what it comes down to.

If JD doesn't win, it'll be Susie. I think that is a long shot.

pumpkinqueen 220 desperate attention whore postings

09-14-05, 01:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pumpkinqueen Click to send private message to pumpkinqueen Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Please !"
"I'll admit I wasn't his biggest fan the first couple weeks, but this guy, IS INXS!"

i completely agree--J.D. just fits. he is INXS!

i actually like all of them now. i love marty, (i'm a really dark person) but he isn't INXS. Mig is too musical theater--which i also like, but it isn't INXS. i love suzie, but i can't see her with INXS either.

09-14-05, 03:45 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Please !"
Glad you came over to the right side Buggaboo. You are in good company.

09-13-05, 11:41 PM (EST)
16. "MiG"
I like MiG, but that was the happiest version of "Paint it Black" that I ever heard.
Not dark enough!

I know he is very talented, and I am sure his talent will make him a Star. I thought he was going to win a few weeks back, but now I am sure he won't.
I don't think he is a good fit for INXS.
Love him!
Want MiG to go far, want to see him again, but he can't win, and he shouldn't.

Oh, and how cool was it seeing Dave play tonight!?
Awesome!

09-14-05, 03:46 PM (EST)
22. "RE: MiG"
I agree. Sad that I think Paint it Black was probably his best attempt at sounding hardcore. A little pathetic.

And Dave.. ah, sweet Dave Navarro.

09-14-05, 10:39 AM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Song Choices"
I thought they were all weird song choices. It's liked INXS picked songs that fit the rockers musical style. I mean MiG did an excellent job on the Seal song, but it was so not INXS. Why would they pick those songs for the rockers?

09-14-05, 03:53 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Song Choices"
I think it's the whole "vocally challenging" thing.

On a side note, I talked to my 38 year old sister this morning. I got her watching Rock Star, but today she said:
"Gee, it seems really unfair that they gave JD a well known song & the others all did songs I hadn't heard of."

She did say she recognized What's Up & Kiss from a Rose. I almost died that she didn't know Paint it Black. The generation gap was showing when she'd never heard of Creep or Interstate Love Song.

Imagine how odd Creep would've sounded if you'd never heard it before. You'd assume Marty was taking some weird risks in doing "his own" version.

Moother 132 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

09-14-05, 06:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Moother Click to send private message to Moother Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Song Choices"
Actually I am an old schooler and I had never heard creep before but I must have come in from the dark side because I LOVED IT! Already downloaded and burned to a disk!
I do know that some of my neighbors would buy me a straight jacket if they even realized that I watch the show!

ginger 22511 desperate attention whore postings

09-14-05, 06:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ginger Click to send private message to ginger Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Song Choices"
I lvoed Creep when it first came out and bought the CD, little knowing how HUGE later efforts, like Hello Computer, might be. Makes me feel very cutting edge.

Stop laughing.

jpl68 72 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

09-15-05, 08:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jpl68 Click to send private message to jpl68 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Song Choices"
If you like Marty's version of Creep, go buy the Radiohead version, which is incredible. This is not a dis on Marty, but his version does not compare.

09-15-05, 10:04 AM (EST)
31. "Creep"
Oh Moother, 'Creep' is just the beginning of Radiohead's greatness. It was their first hit and I love the sarcasm when Thom says "So Very Special". The original lyrics were so F'ing Special and they couldn't get any airplay. They changed the lyrics, but Thom couldn't resist the sarcasm.

I thought Marty did a very respectable job. I really enjoyed his performance and I would rather have heard that as the encore.

09-14-05, 10:10 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Song Choices"
"I thought they were all weird song choices. It's liked INXS picked songs that fit the rockers musical style. I mean MiG did an excellent job on the Seal song, but it was so not INXS. Why would they pick those songs for the rockers?"

" I think it's the whole "vocally challenging" thing."

Vocally and stylistically/safety zone kinda thing. I think they all got a softball and a knuckleball.

Suzie - Her weakness is rock and stage presence. Totally bombed on the 1st song - knuckleball. Sang wrong words, hopped at all the wrong time. Bleh. Did rock on her 2nd - softball.

MiG - Paint it black - softball. Paint it beige - 'nuff said. Seal was his knuckleball and he fell for it. He coulda done his same old ballad thing and that's just what he did instead of knocking it outta the park and mixing it up/darkening a la JD's crazy (even if you hate 'em, he DID mix it up.)

Marty - Softball - Trees - great. Knuckleball - Creep - coulda gone all screamy. Did a great job. Thought their responses were kinda low key considering he did fabulous.

JD - Softball - pretty vegas - home run. Knuckleball - Money - grand slam.

I actually thought Marty was done after this performance. It was my all time favorite performance of his and their response was underwhelming considering. Thought they were setting him up.

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-15-05, 01:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
28. "RE: Song Choices"
I actually thought Marty was done after this performance. It was my all time favorite performance of his and their response was underwhelming considering. Thought they were setting him up.

Perhaps you are correct but the voting public did not give them the chance. Maybe only Mig and JD are in the real running.

09-15-05, 08:32 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Song Choices"
That's what I mean. I think they set them all up. They've been nagging Marty about his screaming then they give him Creep which has that awesome Thom Yorke wailing at the end. How could he not scream and do the song justice?

JD's song was difficult, but if done well, gave him an advantage.

09-15-05, 12:26 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Song Choices"
I don't see as setting them up but really, really putting them through their paces.

I keep thinking about what Marty said after the vocal coaching clinic, "I've always thought of myself not as a singer but someone who can scream well" (or prety close to that) and he was surprised to find out he could sing. I think this whole thing for him has been about moving beyond the screaming schtick. His most powerful performances have been when he's contained all the flailing (remember the leap off the drum set early on?)

So I think you can definitely do Creep justice without screaming. I think Marty has always relied on that and they were giving him a chance to show intensity another way. Just like in his fan choice song (whose name escapes me now.)

triednottowatch 281 desperate attention whore postings

09-15-05, 00:53 AM (EST)
Click to EMail triednottowatch Click to send private message to triednottowatch Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: Song Choices"
The problem with Kiss From a Rose is that Seal sings it so perfectly it just doesn't sound right when someone else does it. It's almost not fair to ask a singer to cover it.

09-15-05, 10:07 AM (EST)
32. "RE: Song Choices"
Weltek, I don't mean to be mean to your DS, but I am 37 and know all the songs. Where has she been living....Antarctica?

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •