The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Dave & INXS's comments"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Rock Star (Protected)
Original message

GumbyGirl 40 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

08-31-05, 12:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail GumbyGirl Click to send private message to GumbyGirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Dave & INXS's comments"
Am I the only one getting a cheap thrill every time Dave & INXS hit the contestants with hard questions? I think it's hysterical when Dave is like... "so JD, if you want to lead the band so badly, how come you effed up the INXS song?" or "Jordis, why did you change the band's song around?"

It's about time the host/judges of a show called things as they were, instead of sugar coating all their comments. The highlight was when the singers were sort of sticking up for JD (especially MiG, being all nice ) and then the band says something like... "well, we saw how people really were once they got to the studio, and who really cares the most" and the singers were all stunned. hahahahaaa! No wonder JD wore his dark sunglasses. He probably didn't want the cameras to catch the tears welling up in his eyes. Don't get me wrong... JD is very talented, I just don't think he's right for the band.. INXS.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Dave & INXS's comments trigirl 08-31-05 1
 RE: Dave & INXS's comments momofsands 08-31-05 2
 RE: Dave & INXS's comments Labyrinth 08-31-05 3
   RE: Dave & INXS's comments cycles2k 08-31-05 4
       RE: Dave & INXS's comments Labyrinth 08-31-05 5
 RE: Dave & INXS's comments bystander 09-01-05 6
   RE: Dave & INXS's comments Hoobie 09-01-05 7
   RE: Dave & INXS's comments weltek 09-01-05 8

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

trigirl 2844 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Howard Stern Show Guest"

08-31-05, 01:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail trigirl Click to send private message to trigirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Dave & INXS's comments"
Missed the beginning of last night's show so will have to check out my tape... but I agree with you about Dave's comments. He has surprised me as host with his direct questions and credible praise.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

momofsands 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-31-05, 01:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail momofsands Click to send private message to momofsands Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Dave & INXS's comments"
I totally agree, gumbygirl. Dave is always so dead on with his comments. He really gives credit when credit is due, but he is tactfully honest at the same time. Awesome qualities for a judge, wouldn't you agree??

Labyrinth 1248 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-31-05, 02:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Labyrinth Click to send private message to Labyrinth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Dave & INXS's comments"
I think now that they are "getting serious" the questions will become harder and more to the point. Now we are talking about someone becoming a lead singer for a well-known band and not about 15 minutes of fame.

However, I would like to say that Dave being the front question man, I can see how the Rockers may want to play to him (as he is the most vocal) instead of INXS and that may have resulted in confusion. The singers need to remember it's not Dave's band they are auditioning for.

cycles2k 538 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

08-31-05, 03:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cycles2k Click to send private message to cycles2k Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Dave & INXS's comments"
Despite his devil (ne, Beelzebub) look, I would pick Dave over Simon Cowell (from AI) any day. Dave's comments are thoughtful while maintaining respect for the performers and the performances.

Last night (8/30) Dave even tried to save JD's butt by answering his own question for him. (After JD said something about dancing monkey, Dave changed the topic to closure). I think Dave really cares about these people and about the quality of the show. It is one reason why I find this show so much more enjoyable than AI.

The band members are probably never going to be too harsh with questions or critiques. The show is also the INXS promotion show.

Labyrinth 1248 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

08-31-05, 03:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Labyrinth Click to send private message to Labyrinth Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Dave & INXS's comments"
Someone said on another thread that the Dave-JD conversation whichw as aired was trimmed from what actually happened. I think Dave was just very frustrated with JD acting and not thinking it through by actually learning the song lyrics.

In one way, now that they are down to the best singers, the comments won't be as harsh - not as much to complain about . Though, I thought Dave was too mild on MiG's performance actually.

bystander 4967 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-01-05, 10:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail bystander Click to send private message to bystander Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Dave & INXS's comments"
Can you imagine Julie Chen as the host???

JD, so you're wearing dark sunglasses. Are the lights bothering you?

Mig, You sang over the band, how does it feel to be from Australia, just like INXS.

Suzie, You said JD took too long with INXS, did that give you extra time to fix your hair?

Marty, Your performance last night was very compelling, your eyes looked great with that black eyeliner.

Hoobie 569 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

09-01-05, 12:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Hoobie Click to send private message to Hoobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Dave & INXS's comments"
LOL! Too true~

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-01-05, 12:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Dave & INXS's comments"
Ha-great one bystander!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •