The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Does anyone really like the chefs?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Hell's Kitchen Forum (Protected)
Original message

momof4inVA 120 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-14-08, 02:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail momof4inVA Click to send private message to momof4inVA Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Does anyone really like the chefs?"
I have to say I don't like any of the chefs. If I was Gordan I would try to be nice(the most difficult thing I ever had to do) but the truth is it's my resteraunt and none of them would still be there. I have not eaten the food, but just from their preformance... the winner is Christina she's the least stupid!JMHO
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Does anyone really like the che... WVtoIN 06-14-08 1
 RE: Does anyone really like the che... agman 06-14-08 2
 RE: Does anyone really like the che... mysticwolf 06-15-08 3
   This Sense foonermints 06-15-08 4
   RE: Does anyone really like the che... Seana 06-17-08 5
       RE: Does anyone really like the che... TheWanderer 06-17-08 6
           RE: Does anyone really like the che... mysticwolf 06-18-08 7
               RE: Does anyone really like the che... riverrocker 06-22-08 10
 RE: Does anyone really like the che... Reluctant_Paladin 06-22-08 8
   RE: Does anyone really like the che... momof4inVA 06-22-08 9
   RE: Does anyone really like the che... BOYmeetsREALITY 06-22-08 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

WVtoIN 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

06-14-08, 06:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail WVtoIN Click to send private message to WVtoIN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Does anyone really like the chefs?"
I agree. Corey is slightly less annoying. I think it should be one of those two.

I think that this far into the season, they should have completed more than 4 dinner services.

All of them have performed really poorly this season. Even when they do complete a service, Chef is not happy and picks the "Best of the Worst" to make the nominations.

I hope next season is better.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

06-14-08, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Does anyone really like the chefs?"
I don't think any of them have the skills to be an executive Chef! I wonder how long it will be before Gordon fires the winner from his restaurant! I think "Top Chef" is better because they have accomplished Chefs as contestants.

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

06-15-08, 02:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Does anyone really like the chefs?"
Is he happy? Probably not.

"Best of the Worst"? That's gonna happen whether he's happy or not.

Head Chef of his new restaurant? Nowhere near guaranteed based upon past seasons. Remember, he's shown more flexibility than any of the other shows.

Season #1 - The guy could have taken the job, or he could take an apprenticeship at one of the other restaurants. He chose the apprenticeship and used it to launch his own cutlery business (which is what he was evidently after to begin with).

Season #2 - The "Head Chef" position was as Head Chef of "one" of the restaurants at the resort. The Head Chef of the Pizza restaurant. It took awhile but, as I recall, she did finally take it. Don't know if she's still there. I would imagine that was also a potential "in" as far as an apprenticeship was concerned.

Season #3 - Rock. He seems, given his appearance on this season, to have actually been made of the stuff that Gordon is willing to expect in his Chefs. He also offered an apprenticeship to another contestant that showed promise but was dismissed.

Season #4 - ? No clue. But there's a $100K bonus for winning. He'll pick someone and they'll get the nod to take on the restaurant - if they feel "up to it".

Unless someone really starts to step up my guess is that it may end up as a reprise of season #1. You can give it a go on your own (no guarantee of employment after 1 year and, I'm willing to bet, a clause that says he can bounce you early if any number of things happen).

He's a businessman, and he's doing a show. He's not about to bank his success on a game show. Not without clauses that allow him to succeed - with, or without, the "winner". He's also a gentleman and he's involved with a game show. No "winner" is going to be allowed to "lose face" if they don't want to.

He'll pick someone to win the game. Whether they end up as his new Head Chef, or not, remains to be seen.

But, whoever he picks - and possibly some that he doesn't (although that would be more applicable to contestants past, imo, than anyone in this group) - will still come out as a winner. Whether they actually get or accept the Head Chef position, or not.

A smokeysmom
"In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught." - Baba Dioum

foonermints 12302 desperate attention whore postings

06-15-08, 04:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail foonermints Click to send private message to foonermints Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "This Sense"
Makes good news.
Especially since One of us may have our first peep meet at The London West Hollywood rather soon.

*buries thresd where no one will see*

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings

06-17-08, 03:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Does anyone really like the chefs?"
LAST EDITED ON 06-17-08 AT 03:57 PM (EST)

When Ramsay was in this area promoting his latest cookbook, my local paper ran an article which claimed that the winner of this season's HK would be hired as the Head Sous-chef, with a very high salary.

Edit because I can't remember the salary.

TheWanderer 267 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-17-08, 05:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail TheWanderer Click to send private message to TheWanderer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Does anyone really like the chefs?"
LAST EDITED ON 06-17-08 AT 05:43 PM (EST)

That sounds logical. Any of his current sous-chefs that appear on the show could run circles around the current contestants.

If I were Chef Ramsay, I too would give the "winner" a way out by offering a paid apprenticeship, or take on the position if they believe they can cut it. It would be quite difficult for any of these individuals to hold their own against the rest of the cooking staff that Ramsay would place under them.

What I truly do not understand, is why so many of the contestants smoke!
I realize that Chef Ramsay smokes, however he is an anomaly.
Most great chefs do not smoke, as it affects their taste buds

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

06-18-08, 00:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Does anyone really like the chefs?"
Uh, so far as I know I don't think Ramsay has ever smoked. Prior to injury he was on his way to becoming a professional football (soccer) player. He's talked extensively in his books about addiction - others in his family, not his. I don't think I've ever seen him with a fag (cig) in his mouth.

And, from what I've seen most chefs do, or did, smoke. At least on occassion. The stress of the job is incredible.

Ramsay is, if anything, an anomaly in that he doesn't smoke. He runs marathons, for heaven's sake. He's been quite outspoken about not liking addictions.

Ramsay has, on more than one occassion on his other shows, taken someone to task for taking a smoke break or for drinking on the job.

Are you sure you're not thinking of Anthony Boudain? He smoked heavily (and was previously addicted to any number of other drugs). He only quit smoking recently - after his daughter was born.

A smokeysmom
"In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught." - Baba Dioum

riverrocker 298 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

06-22-08, 11:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail riverrocker Click to send private message to riverrocker Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Does anyone really like the chefs?"

"Ramsay is, if anything, an anomaly in that he doesn't smoke.

Ramsay has, on more than one occassion on his other shows, taken someone to task for taking a smoke break or for drinking on the job."

Agree completely. We've watched "Kitchen Nightmares" on BBCA many times; he ALWAYS takes the chefs to task for smoking and "destroying their palates." It does surprise us that he has smokers on this show...so we're thinking he doesn't have a say in who is picked as contestants, but of course, will have the final say in who is selected.

Any of these three would be okay with us. Will be an interesting finale.

Reluctant_Paladin 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

06-22-08, 00:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Reluctant_Paladin Click to send private message to Reluctant_Paladin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Does anyone really like the chefs?"
I have to say yes, I do like some of the remaining chefs. Corey and Christina in particular. I was just watching ep11 (on vacation) and Corey pointed out that she and Christina hated each other, but they were always able to work well together in the kitchen. That's the sort of attitude that I think it takes to have a shot at winning this thing. I worked as a cook for a couple of years, so I know what the pressures ofthe kitchen are like. It doesn't matter how you feel about the person working nezt to you, you have to work together in order to make sure everything happens as it is supposed to.

And thinking back a few episodes ago, when it Mat was on the red team and he started sulking. Corey and Chritina took over the whole kitchen and ran it themselves. I think that either one of them would be worthy of winning the competition.

Petroza? He seems likea nice guy and he is definately the most laid back in the kitchen, (maybe because he is so on top of thing I don't know he doesn't get a lot of camera time during service). But maybe he is TOO laid back to be in charge.

just my $0.02

momof4inVA 120 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

06-22-08, 02:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail momof4inVA Click to send private message to momof4inVA Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Does anyone really like the chefs?"
I think you have underestimated Pettroza. I really think he might win it. (even if he is a slob). He got along with everyone and he didn't ever choke. He also never won anything. I don't know if that's important or not. JMHO

BOYmeetsREALITY 308 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

06-22-08, 12:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail BOYmeetsREALITY Click to send private message to BOYmeetsREALITY Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Does anyone really like the chefs?"
WAIT.....they let Bourdain have a kid???

YIKES!!!!!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •