The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Official Summary: Hellís Kitchen 4, Episode 7: Showdown at the HK Corral"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Hell's Kitchen Forum (Protected)
Original message

pikachu 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-14-08, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail pikachu Click to send private message to pikachu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Official Summary: Hellís Kitchen 4, Episode 7: Showdown at the HK Corral"
If you canít stand the heat, get out of the kitchen and lately thereís been a lot of heat between Ben and Matt. Hellís Kitchen isnít big enough for the both of them so one of them has to go. Which one will it be?

The show starts off with the teams leaving the kitchen after the previous dinner service. Right away Ben starts carping about Matt selling him out to Chef Ramsay. That sets Matt off but not being eloquent enough to express himself maturely he babbles on until he degenerates to schoolyard taunting ďGo hide behind Bobby, Ben. Thatís what youíre good atĒ. Ben and Bobby are amused rather than threatened and Bobby slings back with ďIs that all youíve got?Ē, prompting Matt to storm off in a huff. Jen says Matt thinks the guys are manipulative, he doesnít know what heís getting into with the women. Corey adds that the women just got rid of their weakest link (Shayna), it isnít fair that now theyíre saddled with Matt.

Back at the chuckwagon, Cookie (Chef Ramsay, that is) has prepared three dishes for the teams to sample and tell him what is missing from each of them. If Clara Peller was there, she would take one look at the dishes and declare ďWhereís the beef?Ē because thereís no meat in any of the dishes.

First up is chicken parmigiana, made with soy protein instead of chicken. Corey suggests that garlic is missing from the dish, Louross ventures that the dish needs salt and pepper because the pasta is bland. Ben proclaims that he has the best palate in the world and heís tasted a lot of stuff over the years (when he says that I have to try not to wonder what that includes). He thinks itís processed chicken.

Next is beef stew made with beef substitute (also a soy product).Louross once again thought it needed salt and pepper. Iím getting the feeling that Louross is one of those diners who puts a load of salt and pepper on his food before even tasting it. Christina thinks the meat is overcooked. Matt thought the meat was stringly like cat, then quickly adds that heís never actually eaten cat, he just imagines itís like that. Petrozza comes closest to guessing whatís wrong with the stew when he says the texture of the meat is a little weird.

Last they have sausage ravioli. One of the women says the stuffing is delicious, one of the men says itís too doughy, Jen suggests that brown butter is missing, Rosann comments about the seasoning and Petrozza said it was nice ravioli with beautiful filling. Most of them really like the ravioli and canít come up with anything missing.

Chef Ramsay tells them there is no meat in the three dishes and says Petrozza came closest to having a palate out of the bunch.

Part two of their challenge is a blind taste test. One member of each team samples three food selections and has to say what it is. Ramsay makes Jen sit out the challenge to make the teams even. First up is Jen and Petrozza. Petrozza correctly identifies chicken (more specifically, he calls it dry-##### chicken), which Rosann thinks is pork. She rebounds getting the next two right, sweet potato and nectarine. Petrozza incorrectly identifies them as turnip and pineapple. Next up are Corey and Louross. Neither of them is able to identify meatloaf or watercress. Corey correctly identifies turnip, while Louross thinks itís salsify. Perhaps if Louross cut back on the salt and pepper, he might get his sense of taste back. Next are Christina and Bobby. Incredibly, neither of them can identify shrimp. I think shrimp have a pretty unique taste and texture so I canít believe a culinary student and an executive chef canít recognize it in a taste test. Christina is able to identify radish and chopped truffle but Bobby gets them wrong, guessing parsnip and mushroom. Jen says sheís surprised Bobby missed the truffles because you can smell them a mile away.

Chef saves the best match-up for lastóMatt vs. Benóand has a special challenge for them. They have to taste a dish (clam chowder) and take turns identifying the ten ingredients in it. Ben goes first and guesses clams. Then itís Mattís turn and he identifies potatoes. BenÖcream, MattÖthyme, BenÖcelery, MattÖonion, BenÖ.parsley, MattÖcarrot. At this point there are two more ingredients in the chowder but the red team has the most points and the blue team wouldnít win even if they got both of them so the red team is declared the winner. They get to have a spa day while the blue team does spring cleaning.

Ben doesnít take defeat gracefully and loudly comments that Jen needs to get her weave fixed. He later pays for that comment when he has to take a break from cleaning out the refrigerator to deliver iced tea to the red team. The women thank him for the drinks and then Corey says she wants cheese and crackers. Jen adds that she wants a fig. Ben pretends not to hear them and tells Matt, who has a chocolate mask on, he looks like an idiot. Ben asks if he wants his drink set near him or if he wants Ben to pour it down his throat. Heís lucky he doesnít hear what Matt says in private to the cameras, that he wanted Ben to be scrubbing the bottom of his toes.

Matt tells the women they need to win. Jen says thatís always the plan, and Corey adds the Matt will be the next one on their team to go. He says he doesnít care when he goes as long as Ben goes before him. Right before service, Matt tells Jen they need to win because he needs redemption.

The kitchen opens and both teams are in place, rariní to go. In the red kitchen, Matt is on appetizers, Rosann is on fish, Jen is on vegetables, and Christina is on meat. In the blue kitchen, Louross is on appetizers, Bobby is on fish, Petrozza is on vegetables, and Ben is on meat.

Right off, Rosann messes up an order of scallops. Theyíre only cooked on one side so she has to redo them. Christina says she tried to give Rosann advice but she wasnít listening, she was scatter-brained. Itís 45 minutes into service before the first appetizers go out for the red team.

Chef Ramsay is in a Jekyll and Hyde mood, alternately reaming out chefs in both kitchens and complimenting them more than Iíve ever seen him do. Jen comments that heís on his period. He compliments Christina for beef well cooked then when she thanks him tells her not to let it get to her head because there are many more orders to go and they all have to be as good. Louross is complimented for a good Caeser salad but yelled at for not having quail eggs ready for an appetizer when Bobby had his part of the dish done.

The funniest part, though, is when Matt gets complimented for his risotto. Chef says itís the best heís tasted that night and Matt gets all misty-eyed. He goes back to his station to crow to Christina that chef said it was the best risotto he ever tasted (not exactly what Ramsay said but Christina lets drama queen Matt have his moment) then has a confessional to the camera like heís receiving an Academy Award. ďAnd Iíd like to thank my wife, my best friend, Chef Ramsay, Chef Scott, and Chef Gloria for helping me be what I am todayĒ. They made him a loudmouth, red-faced pouty baby? I think he needs new role models.

Throughout service, Chef Ramsay is yelling at Ben. Matt in the red kitchen is chuckling away and talking back under his breath as Ramsay clobbers his biggest rival. Food service comes to a standstill as neither team is preparing food to chefís standards. Then food starts coming back to the blue kitchen. Two beef Wellingtons ordered well-done are rare. Ramsay has enough and shuts down the kitchen. Chef announces that both teams were overconfident, lazy, slow and somewhat pathetic. He declares the red team the best of the worst so the members of the blue team each have to nominate someone on their team to go home.

The guys talk about nominating each other so that all four of them are up on the chopping block. Then Bobby suggests to Ben that they nominate Louross. He thinks they can get Petrozza to go along with their plan but when they approach him about it, he doesnít want any part of it. In the end, Bobby nominates Petrozza and Ben nominates Louross. Louross nominates Ben, slipping into ghetto slang, something about he should stay because he donít fake the funk. Iím only surprised he didnít throw a foíshizzle in there. Chef Ramsay nods like he understands while some of the women laugh at Louross. Petrozza nominates himself because he doesnít want to be responsible for putting someone else on the chopping block. Ramsay compliments Petrozza for being the most mature and gracious member of his team.

Chef wastes no time in telling Ben heís the one leaving. Ben takes it well and politely thanks Chef Ramsay for the experience and Chef wishes him well in return. This leaves five members on the red team and three on the blue team so Ramsay says the red team has to decide which member of their team will join the blue team. They have until morning to decide and it appears Corey is leaning on Jen to go to the other team.

With that another day at the HK Corral comes to an end. Only the howl of the coyotes can be heardóor is that the rumblings of another catfight in the womenís camp?

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Official Summary: Hellís Kitche... Seana 05-14-08 1
   RE: Official Summary: Hellís Kitche... Ahtumbreez 05-14-08 2
       RE: Official Summary: Hellís Kitche... pikachu 05-14-08 3
 RE: Official Summary: Hellís Kitche... mysticwolf 05-16-08 4
 RE: Official Summary: Hellís Kitche... bullzeye 05-19-08 5
   RE: Official Summary: Hellís Kitche... agman 05-19-08 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Seana 5044 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-14-08, 10:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Seana Click to send private message to Seana Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Official Summary: Hellís Kitchen 4, Episode 7: Showdown at the HK Corral"
Wow, that was quick!

Nice summary, pikachu. My favourite parts:

They made him a loudmouth, red-faced pouty baby? I think he needs new role models.

Iím only surprised he didnít throw a foíshizzle in there.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Ahtumbreez 10456 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-08, 02:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Ahtumbreez Click to send private message to Ahtumbreez Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Official Summary: Hellís Kitchen 4, Episode 7: Showdown at the HK Corral"
You stole my favorite parts Seana! Loved it.

And yes....wow, you're a quick Pik!

Agman took me to the islands

pikachu 7 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-14-08, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pikachu Click to send private message to pikachu Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Official Summary: Hellís Kitchen 4, Episode 7: Showdown at the HK Corral"
Thanks, Seana and Ahtumbreez! I'm going out of town tomorrow morning so I couldn't afford to dawdle in getting my recap done. I was nervous about doing the recap for this site because I wasn't sure it would be up to your standards. I'm not the funniest recap writer--more of a straight just-the-facts type--but I'm glad you liked it.

mysticwolf 10692 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-08, 03:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mysticwolf Click to send private message to mysticwolf Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Official Summary: Hellís Kitchen 4, Episode 7: Showdown at the HK Corral"
Nice job, and, as other have said, fast. I wasn't expecting it so just now let webby know the link.

In addition to what was already mentioned, I, too, have a question about anyone that's been cooking for very long not being able to identify shrimp. Too strange.

A smokeysmom
"In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught." - Baba Dioum

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

05-19-08, 04:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Official Summary: Hellís Kitchen 4, Episode 7: Showdown at the HK Corral"
Awesome job pikachu!

I think shrimp have a pretty unique taste and texture so I canít believe a culinary student and an executive chef canít recognize it in a taste test.

On any other season I might agree - this year? Notsomuch.

Chiseled by Abman Agman!

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-08, 11:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Official Summary: Hellís Kitchen 4, Episode 7: Showdown at the HK Corral"
I no longer assume anything with this show. Everytime I think I have contestants or teams figured out, I find out just how wrong I am!

sculpted by Tribe

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •