The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"UFB"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Hell's Kitchen Forum (Protected)
Original message

probably clueless 5782 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-15-06, 04:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail probably%20clueless Click to send private message to probably%20clueless Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"UFB"
I picked a reality show winner after the first episode (of course I think 98% of you did as well).

Although I watched I still don’t get it. I could have sworn I heard the restaurant described as a million dollar restaurant on the first show, I guess the exec producers didn’t think that was sexy enough and had to bump it up to a multi-million dollar joint in subsequent episodes. If the designs were anything close to what will be the reality of the restaurant, then I was wrong about it being a hot dog stand with some fancy furniture. I was just matching the talent I saw to possible menu choices. I was disappointed that we were left without seeing the finished product.

Although it definitely wouldn’t be good TV, I think it would have been more accurate to say the winner would be an executive chef in-training. Heather will surely learn a lot jumping into that situation but there was never anything in the show that would indicate she had any experience or skills in the traditionally accepted definition of an executive chef. If she puts as much passion into the business side as she demonstrated in her cooking though then she seems like she’s smart enough to pick up some of those skills.

I wish her luck but I think her success will rely on how much hand-holding she gets from someone with much more experience, like an executive chef. That’s why I’m still scratching my head about her new title.

Handcrafted by RollDice®

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: UFB Cyndimaus 08-15-06 1
   RE: UFB Snidget 08-15-06 2
       RE: UFB Cyndimaus 08-15-06 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-15-06, 12:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: UFB"
I will also be curious about how she does. I really do hope she rises to the challenge and succeeds. She certainly has the drive and desire to do it. And she seems teachable enough.

I was glad they showed us the little peek of her restaurant but it would have been fun for it to be more in-depth so we could see what she had done with it. I did see a video screen in the background with her on it so it seems that she may have stuck close to her Hell's Kitchen design.

Hey, Hey! It's a Tribephyl creation!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-15-06, 12:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: UFB"
IIRC it looked like they were in here http://www.redrocklasvegas.com/dining/tbones.php from the Red Rock web page.

I don't know how long that's been up there as one of their eateries, but it was there this morning.

It's a tribe creation!

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

08-15-06, 12:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: UFB"
Makes you wonder how much say Heather actually has in the menu and such.

Hey, Hey! It's a Tribephyl creation!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •