The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"C2 Episode 7 highlights"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Contender Forum (Protected)
Original message

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

08-22-06, 10:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"C2 Episode 7 highlights"
2 fights. Jeff Fraza should change his nickname to "Pitty-Pat," because he can't throw a punch with any power behind it. Nick was clearly the winner. Freddy Curiel should have listened to his wife and fought Fraza, because he would have had a really good chance. Against Steve Forbes, he was toast.

I saw why no one wanted to fight Forbes. He just toyed with Freddy. Wow.

But it was sad to see the kids crying again.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: C2 Episode 7 highlights justcurlz 08-22-06 1
 RE: C2 Episode 7 highlights PagongRatEater 08-23-06 2
   RE: C2 Episode 7 highlights Wacko Jacko 08-23-06 3
       RE: C2 Episode 7 highlights csourk 08-23-06 4
       RE: C2 Episode 7 highlights AyaK 08-23-06 5
           RE: C2 Episode 7 highlights PagongRatEater 08-23-06 6
 RE: The Kids NewFan 08-24-06 7
   RE: The Kids PagongRatEater 08-24-06 8
       RE: The Kids tribephyl 08-24-06 10
 RE: C2 Episode 7 highlights tribephyl 08-24-06 9

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

justcurlz 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

08-22-06, 11:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail justcurlz Click to send private message to justcurlz Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: C2 Episode 7 highlights"
I just have to say that the 2 fights were great to watch , As for freddy not fighting for 4yrs. I thought he did great..He took some hard looking hits an still was standing....JMO on what i saw on TV...JMO

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings

08-23-06, 09:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: C2 Episode 7 highlights"
Freddie fought great, but Forbes looked like the best fighter in this competition. I think he would have easily beat Jeff.

Jeff had some spots of decent boxing, but he seemed really skinny and poorly defined next to the other fighters in this weight class. Did he have to come up a class to fight in this edition of Contender?

Two good fights with lots of punches thrown and all four were warrriors.

But, the four of us had a great time.

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

08-23-06, 09:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: C2 Episode 7 highlights"
My opinions of the fights.

The first fight was terrible. Even editing it to try to make it look good did not help. I think Nick looked good the first two rounds but he tired fast. Allowed Fraza to come back because of his poor conditioning. Nick is toast next week against Forbes. I think Nick has some skills but his lack of conditioning will do him in.

The second fight was great. At first I felt so bad for Freddie. The guy fought a great fight...as good as one could expect. After watching this fight I felt sad also because Freddie was one and done. But it was his fault he fought the fight the others wanted him to fight. he probably would of killed Fraza and he chose the fight with Forbes instead. His own stupidity. Maybe he was thinking he would be another Alphonzo Gomez.....a shame he is gone.

csourk 8 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

08-23-06, 01:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail csourk Click to send private message to csourk Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: C2 Episode 7 highlights"
I don't really think Jeff expected to win. He didn't even train that one day. He was just sitting in his bed reading and talking.

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

08-23-06, 04:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: C2 Episode 7 highlights"
LAST EDITED ON 08-23-06 AT 04:35 PM (EST)

Because all of the 6 previous winners left the Fight 9 slot open, the two winners last night have to meet in the next round. So even if Freddy had fought Jeff, he would have had to come back and fight Steve Forbes in the very next fight.

So he would have stuck around for the length of time between the fights (I'm presuming 6 days, because of minimum-wait rules between fights, but I don't actually know), and then he would have had to face a battle-tested Forbes. I can see the sense in Freddy trying to take him on in the first fight instead.

From a strategic standpoint, it was probably better for someone to try to pull an Alfonzo Gomez and fight Steve Forbes right off the bat at the start of the first round. But no one did....

08-23-06, 06:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: C2 Episode 7 highlights"
That's a really good point I hadn't considered! No wonder you are the great AyaK.

NewFan 139 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

08-24-06, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail NewFan Click to send private message to NewFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: The Kids"
What happened to not letting the kids in the auditorium for the fights? Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought they ruled that kids wouldn't be allowed to see the fights.

I thought it was a little over-protective, since I'm sure these kids have practically grown up watching their dads in the ring. But when it was on network TV, they probably caved to the calls from horrified viewers who aren't regular boxing spectators. But it was sad to see how affected the kids were long after the fight was over. Thoughts?

08-24-06, 10:16 AM (EST)
8. "RE: The Kids"
I think that young kids are banned from watching the fight (I wasn't sure if the crying daughter actually WATCHED the fight in the arena). Since they are there immediately before and immediately after the fight, I would think at a minimum they watch the fight on some kind of closed circuit.

I don't like to see the kids at the fight, but I do know that the kids want to watch their dads 'at work'. Since this is a Burnett show, he definitely wants to emotional mileage that comes from the dad, but he does not want to televise children in the act of BEING traumatized, although it seems that showing traumatized children after the fact is OK.

I think it comes down to what works best for television, although I am sure the parents have some say as to whether or not the kids even come to the arena. However, since this is the dads vocation, it is definitely a huge part of what they do and I would think it is tough for a kid to see daddy get beat up. This is not an easy life, and to not show that would also be dishonest - and I think we end up getting shielded from it to some extent for the sake of better TV.

tribephyl 9688 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-06, 06:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: The Kids"
I think that young kids are banned from watching the fight (I wasn't sure if the crying daughter actually WATCHED the fight in the arena).

You are correct about young kids being excluded from watching the fights.
I believe the cut off age is 10.
At around that age, the kids are considered "savvy enough" to understand the difference between "job" versus "streetbrawl".

However, the context for Ebo's crying daughter should be prefaced with the fact that in that particular scene, an Ambulance had just pulled up at the corner, siren-a-wailing.
The loud noise was most likely what prompted Ebo's young daughter to begin wailing herself.
It had nothing to do with his fight or even his loss.

It was odd to see Curiels son's in the audience last night as I haven't noticed any other kids ringside in prior fights.
(I've been watching for it ever since hearing that production wanted to exclude small children because of a few of the young ones from last season. Who were allowed to watch and were noticeably affected by the violence in the ring.) But his boys seemed to be fans of the sport. And were able to grasp the idea of pugilism = food on the table.

I remember from last season a cute little curlyblonde haired girl sitting with her mother and almost as soon as the fight started she rose from her seat and lunged towards the stage as her mother held her back and eventually cradled her as the girl sobbed uncontrollably for the remainder of the fight. It was powerful footage, seeing her instinct to want to "save" her father and then to feel so powerless to do anything about it. Her mother trying, in vain, to console her. Amazing Footage but unsettling to watch. Hence the change for this season.

Any real "crying" kids will be seen in the lockerrooms or outside the stadium. They aren't allowed ringside anymore.

tribephyl 9688 desperate attention whore postings

08-24-06, 05:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: C2 Episode 7 highlights"
Fraza...oh Fraza...

It was interesting watching the first fight only because it was glaringly obvious that the two of them were fighting with opposite disciplines.
Fraza, the streetfighter against Acevedo, the Boxer.
Fraza only chose to fight when the two of them were close together. Lot's of quick little jabs.
Whereas, Acevedo opted for the long extended punches, starting from behind his shoulder and ending beyond Fraza's head.
Leaving Fraza completely outclassed.

The Forbes/Curiel fight was definitely a great fight.
Two real boxers.
However, I think Curiels cockiness was his undoing.
Forbes fought cleaner. And remained focused.
Whereas Curiel played it up for the crowd. (Well not my crowd, we've become very anti-cockiness in our chosen fighters.)
Staying focused on the fight is that "little bit" *holds index finger extremely close to thumb* that's needed to win the fight.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •