The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"DISGUSTED!!!!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Contender Forum (Protected)
Original message

VasoLoko 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-16-05, 09:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VasoLoko Click to send private message to VasoLoko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"DISGUSTED!!!!"
I am a huge fan of the Contender, but I have to say I am disgusted with this show!! In a sport where controversy is the center of every majoy fight I was hoping that this show would be based on the purity of the sport....not on the 3 blind mice, a.k.a the judges.

The producers of this show have put themselves right up there, if not above, the likes of Don King...the icon of controversy in boxing.

The rules were simple...."if you lose....YOU LOSE". NOT, "if you lose...you lose, UNLESS the producers think you'll be good for the show. Then we will find a way to vote you back at all cost".

Peter Manfredo is a great guy with a beautiful family.....but he has NO BUSINESS being on the show after his loss against Gomez in the first episode. Since he's been back the producers have been falling head over heels to try and make this kid the contender icon. The last two fights against Miguel and Joey were two split decisions that could have easily gone the other way.....especially with Joey, where a very well timed and convenient "accidental" head butt took him outta the fight. The kid LOST and now he comes back and gets to the final four with TWO very close split decisions?!!!??!

All that being said, the reason I am even writing this message is because of his last fight with Gomez...hence the subject, "DISGUSTING". I almost threw up I was sick to my stomache. Could they be any more obvious about their love affair with Peter. Let's do a blow by blow:
1st round: Peter's round easily...fair enough

2nd round: Gomez comes back strong and lands a stomach punch that sends Peter to his knees...BUT THEY DON'T COUNT IT A KNOCKDOWN!!!!!! They say he slipped. UNBELIEVABLE!!!

3rd round: Peter comes back and wins easily.

4th round: Gomez comes back and hurts peter with a flurry of punches that almost sends him to the matt.

5th round: Gomez continues his offensive from round 4...so much so that Peter can barely get off a punch.

6th round: Peter comes back again to win the round.

....for those keeping track, that's 3 rounds to 3 going into the 7th, with what should have been a 10-8 round for Gomez in the 2nd.

7th round: Peter gets off a few shots and then they stand toe to toe in the center of the ring and go blow for blow.

....Somehow all of what I just said translates into a UNANIMOUS decision in favor of Peter Manfredo?!?!?!?! Are you kidding me?? Unanimous??? Just be honest and tell everyone not to even show up...save them the pain and suffering. Gomez could have won the last 4 rounds in a row.....he wasn't getting the vote unless he knocked him out.

A SLIP???? Unanimous?!!?!?! I'M DISGUSTED WITH THIS SHOW....
Peter...you seem like a great kid, but you have no business being in the final fight, and because of this I hope you get your ##### beat!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: DISGUSTED!!!! AlgeCrumpler 05-16-05 1
   RE: DISGUSTED!!!! VasoLoko 05-16-05 2
       RE: DISGUSTED!!!! pinkribbonmom 05-16-05 3
       RE: DISGUSTED!!!! cmoneytakemoney 05-16-05 4
 RE: DISGUSTED!!!! intocable 05-18-05 5
   RE: DISGUSTED!!!! Petey 05-19-05 6
       RE: DISGUSTED!!!! stirlo1984 05-20-05 7

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AlgeCrumpler 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-16-05, 09:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AlgeCrumpler Click to send private message to AlgeCrumpler Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: DISGUSTED!!!!"
Alfonso lost fair and square.

if you want to be disgusted, be disgusted at the voting. It is truly terrible that they let Fan Favorites turn into Programmer Favorites.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

VasoLoko 2 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-05, 10:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VasoLoko Click to send private message to VasoLoko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: DISGUSTED!!!!"
>Alfonso lost fair and square.
>

I'd love for you to explain how you can believe that? Not awarding a knockdown is NOT fair and square. I do share your feelings about the "Programmers Favorites" though!

pinkribbonmom 19 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-16-05, 11:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinkribbonmom Click to send private message to pinkribbonmom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: DISGUSTED!!!!"
I don't think it should have been a unanimous decision for Peter.

cmoneytakemoney 17 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-16-05, 11:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cmoneytakemoney Click to send private message to cmoneytakemoney Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: DISGUSTED!!!!"
The fight between Peter and Miguel was a unanimous decision not a split.

intocable 30 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-18-05, 05:03 PM (EST)
Click to EMail intocable Click to send private message to intocable Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: DISGUSTED!!!!"
I'm with you homie!!

I like Alfonso and although it was a close fight, I also questioned that knock down.. Also throughout the whole damn show they just showed Peter and his family or him talking.. You hardly hear from Alfonso who was also fight that day.. or any of the other fighters..!! I was really pissed!! That's why I put up a post about him having to win twice since he essentially got a double elimination opportunity that the others didn't..

Petey 7 desperate attention whore postings

05-19-05, 03:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Petey Click to send private message to Petey Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: DISGUSTED!!!!"
The show's promotion of Peter can be interpreted in many ways. The only fishy thing I see is getting him back on the show. You are forgetting that:

1) The fights are heavily edited and made to look close and generate controversy. If you download the full fights from Kazaa (or similar program) you will see that Peter is winning handily in some cases, especially the second fight against Alfonso. Calling the headbutt intentional is ludicrous.

2) The producers already know the outcome of the fights and they can slant the portrayal of the boxers accordingly. They've known that Peter was in the finals all along so why not play him up? It should be no surprise that Sergio is also portrayed in a very good light.

If all of the fights are set up and the judging is fixed, well there is nothing we can do about that. Just don't go by the edited fight footage. You don't even know what round all of the punches are coming from.

stirlo1984 6 desperate attention whore postings

05-20-05, 03:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail stirlo1984 Click to send private message to stirlo1984 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: DISGUSTED!!!!"
You've got it dead right Petey. If you look at the offical scores on boxrec.com (they're not up for the latest couple of fights yet though) several of these so-called close fights were not close.
Take Gilbert-Mafredo. They made a big thing how had Joey not been hurt he could have won the final found and therefore the fight. But that's not true. Prior to round 5 he was down 3-1 on two score cards, and the third had it 2-2. So unless he stopped Manfredo, he would not have won.
If you look back at Tommy's commentary of the fights it's nonsense. For example he portrays the Ishe-Ahmed fight as "could have gone either way", but that fight was scored 5-0, 5-0, 4-1 to Ishe.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •