The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Is Anthony stupid?"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Contender Forum (Protected)
Original message

PagongRatEater 12973 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-09-05, 02:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Is Anthony stupid?"
WTH got into that boy's head in the 5th round? He was obviously and easily beating Jesse on the scorecards and the only way he could lose was to get knocked out - which he then went on to actually do. It seems to me that any good boxer would have fought a defensive fight at that point instead of looking for the know-out and throwing big punches that leave you wide open. There simply was no reason to be so stupidly aggressive in the 5th round.

Or maybe I just don't know anything about boxing and attacking Jesse was the smart thing to do. I just can't see how that was the best strategy for that round.

It was a great fight though.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Is Anthony stupid? ChicagoTRS 05-09-05 1
   RE: Is Anthony stupid? pollardsvision 05-09-05 2
       RE: Is Anthony stupid? Wacko Jacko 05-09-05 3
           RE: Is Anthony stupid? Reality432423 05-09-05 4
               RE: Is Anthony stupid? PagongRatEater 05-09-05 5
                   RE: Is Anthony stupid? thecontender2 05-09-05 6
                       RE: Is Anthony stupid? madkata 05-11-05 19
 RE: Is Anthony stupid? FarwestChips 05-09-05 7
   RE: Is Anthony stupid? PagongRatEater 05-09-05 8
 RE: Is Anthony stupid? facedogg 05-09-05 9
   RE: Is Anthony stupid? facedogg 05-09-05 10
 RE: Is Anthony stupid? Captain_Savem 05-09-05 11
   RE: Is Anthony stupid? Digital Christ 05-09-05 12
       RE: Is Anthony stupid? Ricky 05-10-05 13
           RE: Is Anthony stupid? Wacko Jacko 05-10-05 14
               RE: Is Anthony stupid? Wacko Jacko 05-10-05 15
 RE: Is Anthony stupid? Captain_Savem 05-10-05 16
   RE: Is Anthony stupid? Italian Stallion 05-11-05 17
       RE: Is Anthony stupid? thecontender2 05-11-05 18
           RE: Is Anthony stupid? Dirk_W 05-15-05 20
       RE: Is Anthony stupid? Captain_Savem 05-16-05 21
 RE: Is Anthony stupid? zombie29 05-17-05 22
 RE: Is Anthony stupid? zombie29 05-17-05 23
 RE: Is Anthony stupid? DaseinMind 05-17-05 24
   RE: Is Anthony stupid? Dirk_W 05-18-05 25

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

ChicagoTRS 39 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

05-09-05, 03:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail ChicagoTRS Click to send private message to ChicagoTRS Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Is Anthony stupid?"
While I agree with you...if Anthony was ahead he should have fought a conservative last round...but maybe his thinking was do not leave it up to the judges.

The score cards had 2 judges 3-1 Anthony but one of the judges had it 2-2. If you are a fighter during the fight you can't be sure how the judges are really judging it and maybe you are better off going out and making sure you are the winner and not taking the chance that the judges see it the other way. It could have very easily been two judges with a 2-2 fight and then the last round is critical.

I can't fault him too much for going out and trying to make sure he was the winner. He was pretty much dominating the 5th round until he got caught...thats the fight game and he lost. Jessie was very fortunate to pull out that fight.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

pollardsvision 25 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-05, 03:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pollardsvision Click to send private message to pollardsvision Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Is Anthony stupid?"
I pretty much agree with both of your points. I wasnt a big Bonsante fan before last night...but listening to Jesse whine and moan the whole show had me pulling for Anthony...

I think if anything his corner should have done a better job of reminding him he was ahead and to be cautious that last round.

Wacko Jacko 2434 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Seventeen Magazine Model"

05-09-05, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Is Anthony stupid?"
He was probably ahead but by no means was he far ahead. I can't fault him at all.

Reality432423 153 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

05-09-05, 05:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Reality432423 Click to send private message to Reality432423 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Is Anthony stupid?"
Anthony isn't stupid at all, he was incredibly unlucky. I was a huge fan of Anthony, everyone has a family, everyone has a cause worth fighting for. Anthony is the one with the strongest fierce fire I ever saw in Contender (he showed his conviction). He was a punching machine. He seemed unstoppable, however Jesse got in an one in a million punch that could stop him.

Going by points is not really a good way to win a fight. A true fighter always goes for a KO, that's what I believe anyway. Anthony always went for a KO, not a decision.

It was almost the hand of god came down and struck Anthony down. Jesse is just super lucky, that's all it is. To me this was a huge tragedy, he really deserved to win.

However the Gods said no.

05-09-05, 06:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PagongRatEater Click to send private message to PagongRatEater Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Is Anthony stupid?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-09-05 AT 07:37 PM (EST)

JMHO but I think he almost certainly would have won by fighting the 5th round more conservatively. These guys are NOT (ETF)heavyweights and I can't imagine you see too many knock-outs in 5 round fights in this weight class. He lost pure and simple because he left himself WIDE open in a fight that appeared to be all his.

"One lucky punch" happened because of Anthony's fighting style much than because anything Jesse did.

Just my humble opinion, but I'm glad the lying blowhard got beat. I'M a dad but his whole schtick got reallll tiresome for me.

thecontender2 48 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-05, 06:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail thecontender2 Click to send private message to thecontender2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Is Anthony stupid?"
Poor Hairy
Pay back for what he did to Brent Cooper
Fate, it seems, is not without a sense of irony
It was almost magical how Jesse pulled that punch out of his hat.
Wait Jesse was not wearing a hat. So where did that blow come from? Karma city baby.... Karma city.

Moral of this story. What comes around goes around

Comming soon....

madkata 54 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-11-05, 03:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail madkata Click to send private message to madkata Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Is Anthony stupid?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-15-05 AT 05:01 AM (EST)

Huzzah! I was wondering where Brent Cooper was and what he coulda been thinking when this fight went down.

Karma, Karma, Karma...

(Edited: spelling)

FarwestChips 76 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

05-09-05, 07:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail FarwestChips Click to send private message to FarwestChips Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Is Anthony stupid?"
I wont completely disagree with this, but I will say I had the fight 2-2 going into the final round, (when I watched the replay, the clever editing had Anthony winning by a land slide) and before the KO I had Jesse winning the final round.
Anthony was fighting a poor fight, it was his strategy and it was working for him but a uppercut was inevitable. A easy parry off another overhand right followed by the uppercut was the begging of the end. It could of happened at any time.
I think most prize fight judges would of seen it the same way I did, but you never can tell with those people. I think Anthony may have thought the fight was 2-2, all he was doing was rotating over hand lefts and rights waiting to open Jesse up for a haymaker. Anthony's punch stats had to be around the 12% mark if not lower, and he and his corner knew it. Don’t forget you don’t get points for punches that miss, and allot of judges will score against a fighter that throws 5 to land 1. He also was on the verge of falling down from exhaustion. I still don’t know if it was a punch that put him down or the lack of oxygen to the brain.
I wont say Jesse landed a lucky punch, but he was very lucky it landed when it did. He may have been caught a bit off guard by the twin bladed windmill coming at him. If he could of put together some lateral motion a bit sooner and got the timing of the haymakers linked up with his parry he would of knocked him out a lot sooner.

I also need to make a comment about the rabbit punches, forearms, and elbows the ref let fly. If I were the ref I would of thrown both of those cheaters out of the ring.

Also I have heard two comments on this thread that caught my eye, 1 is a comment that these guys are heavyweights, Umm no. I think I get the point you wanted to make but ummm no.
The second is that most good fighters look for the knock out, I have to strongly disagree with that. Most good fighters look for the win, if they get a KO they wont complain but I can’t think of a lot of “great” fighters that always look for the KO as the way to win. Ali loved the KO but he was always in his comfort zone before he started looking for the big shot. But looking at the top 3 guys from every division right now, I cant think of one that is a heavy KO artist that marks his victories by KO’s, maybe Tony, or Mayorga. Is Mayorga still a factor in the division? Where ever he is ranked I’m sure he is drunk.

05-09-05, 07:40 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Is Anthony stupid?"
The heavyweights thing was a typo - I meant to say that they were NOT heavyweight and so you should expect fewer knockouts especially in a short fight.

It IS interesting to note that the fight was closer than it looked on TV, even the trainer and Jesse's wife seemed to think he NEEDED a knockout to win.

facedogg 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

05-09-05, 07:46 PM (EST)
Click to EMail facedogg Click to send private message to facedogg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Is Anthony stupid?"
I'll first start of with the fact that I am in no way a boxing expert or even close to one. I just love the sport and have an opinion on what I think took place.

I think Anthony was not stupid but instead predictable. He went out the first two rounds boxing. That worked but I don't think he felt it was definitely winning him the rounds. Third round went to Jesse. Round 4 he did exactly what Jesse wanted him to and begin to "street fight". Throwing one punch after another being effective but leaving him wide open for that uppercut. Round 5 Jesse only had one choice, to take as many licks before exposing the giant hole in which he would deliver two fatal blows. Watch this clip if you don't think Jesse knew exactly what to do when Anthony went into his street fighting frame of mind, this should show he in fact did.

go to "Bloated Jesse Talks of Walk Out" (Exclusive Scene)(2:57)

facedogg 2 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-05, 07:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail facedogg Click to send private message to facedogg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Is Anthony stupid?"
Here's the link from above that actually works
Go to http://media2.yahoo.com/player/contender/?k=%22
"Bloated Jesse Talks of Walk Out" (Exclusive Scene)

Captain_Savem 3731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

05-09-05, 08:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Captain_Savem Click to send private message to Captain_Savem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Is Anthony stupid?"
I would have to agree with the others on this one. It's a really tough call. I've seen fighters who had the fight won easily, go into conservative mode, and get knocked out for being careless. But, you don't wanna get into a street brawl in the final round if you are winning the fight convincingly. Personally, I think it's tougher to guage who's winning a bout after four rounds than it is after nine let's say (unless the guy is flat out getting his ass kicked). Who knows what the judges saw, or when they saw it.

I remember when Sugar Ray Leonard fought Marvin Hagler and won, people asked him how he did it. He said that part of the reason he won was that he would "steal" rounds. He said that when her heared the 10 second warning he would throw a flurry of punches and that's what the judges would remember. So any round short of Hagler dominating the round would likely go to him. Any boxer worth his jock strap should've been taking notes when he said that.

Courtesy of Slice & Dice Chop Shop ©2004 All Rights Reserved
"Power concedes to nothing.....without a demand. But power won't
even concede to a demand, when that demand comes from a weak
constituency that lacks testicular fortitude." ~ Minister Louis Farrakhan

Digital Christ 11 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

05-09-05, 08:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Digital%20Christ Click to send private message to Digital%20Christ Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Is Anthony stupid?"
Finally saw it. True warriors go out on thier shields,,,,bottom line.

Ricky 1106 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

05-10-05, 08:42 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Ricky Click to send private message to Ricky Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Is Anthony stupid?"
Anthony should have been more conservative in that last round. He would have won easily.

I thought that was the best fight on the show yet. Not the best boxing match - the best fight.

In the end, those of us that walk away winning, win more than just a loss - Audrey, Apprentice loser

05-10-05, 09:32 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Wacko%20Jacko Click to send private message to Wacko%20Jacko Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Is Anthony stupid?"
At that point in the fight Anthony needed to keep fighting. To go conservative would've bee dumb. You gotta remember his style. He is not the kind of fighter who is going to fight defensively. Anthony was winning by doing what he was doing. To change styles in a short 5 round fight that was not a landslide would of cost him the fight.

05-10-05, 09:35 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Is Anthony stupid?"
Interesting how the hamstring was not an issue in the fight. I was watching this fight and after hearing about the ending in the previews was sure that his hamstring would go on him, but the hamstring wasn't mentioned once on the episode.

05-10-05, 12:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Captain_Savem Click to send private message to Captain_Savem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Is Anthony stupid?"
I would also like to add:

Anthony had it coming.

Italian Stallion 11 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-05, 01:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Italian%20Stallion Click to send private message to Italian%20Stallion Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Is Anthony stupid?"
he had it coming.......thats a bunch of Bull$hit!!! Anthony did nothing wrong...PLEEEEASE......he picked his own fight, a real a$$hole huh?? And don't give me the crap about him lying to his team. If had told the team the truth in the beginning, they wouldn't have performed as well. It's funny how Sergio got called out by Najai, the only fighter he didn't want to fight. How'd they know to set up Sergio and Najai, because somebody had told the East what Sergio had said. Somebody on team West, lost the challenge on purpose (I am not gonna mention who, just watch the replay and you'll see), so that Najai could pick Sergio, to get Sergio off the show. So what Anthony did was right for him. Ishe had no reason to be pissed. LEt me ask you, since he srewed the "team", if Ishe won that million dollars, would hs split it with the team..HELL NO he wouldn't. So then why should Anthony listen to the rest of the fighters, after all all the other fighters are his competition. If your playing a game, are you going to listen to what the other team says you should do, or are you gonna tell them to screw off. Let me tell you guys something, I box and I would have done exactly the same thing Anthony did. If i am fighting for a million dollars, you have got to be out of your cotton picking mind to think i am not gonna do whats best for me and my children. Nor would i listen to someone who wants to kick my a$$ and take that 1 million dollars away from me. If you think that Anthony is wrong for what he did, then your all on crack, and you all deserve to have the sense knocked into you.

thecontender2 48 desperate attention whore postings

05-11-05, 02:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail thecontender2 Click to send private message to thecontender2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Is Anthony stupid?"
The writer that refers to the boys as Tenders said:
"Jesse loves his kids more than Anthony does."

I guess he is right. They both said they were going to win the match for their kids.

Sorry Anthony you are not #1 Dad.

That was my favorite part of the show.

Comming soon....

Dirk_W 30 desperate attention whore postings

05-15-05, 04:59 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dirk_W Click to send private message to Dirk_W Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: Is Anthony stupid?"
Sorry, Sly on Larry King Live:::
Contender cancelled, NO Contender II

05-16-05, 01:55 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Is Anthony stupid?"
Slow your roll, son. Of course every fighter needs to do what's best for them and their family. But there's a right way and a wrong way to go about it. Anthony chose to be a lying, backstabbing little prick, who used his kids as an excuse to be an asshole. The boxing gods were watching, and the punishment fit the crime. He got exactly what he deserved, no more, no less.

zombie29 11 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-05, 08:55 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombie29 Click to send private message to zombie29 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Is Anthony stupid?"
It was Anthony's trainer that told him to increase the pressure going into the last round. I know Anthony is in control of what he does but he was going off advice from his corner. Though his trainer is a great boxer, to me it seemed like bad advice. Who knows? Maybe the same thing would have happened if he went conservative. Later

zombie29 11 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-05, 10:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zombie29 Click to send private message to zombie29 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: Is Anthony stupid?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-17-05 AT 11:56 AM (EST)

There are a couple of posts on here about Brent Cooper and how this fight was payback for him. Brent Cooper sucked that night! He's a good guy but the man didn’t even look like he belonged in the ring with anyone else on the show. God this and God that is all he talked about. I’m not knocking the belief in God, I think that’s great. Brent's a role model to many people however, God is not throwing the punches for you. Brent…you actually had to fight. This was just fight that Jessie got a lucky punch (and smart) because of a careless Anthony.

DaseinMind 1 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-05, 10:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail DaseinMind Click to send private message to DaseinMind Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Is Anthony stupid?"
LAST EDITED ON 05-17-05 AT 11:01 PM (EST)

5th round? nah. Anthony needed to be more conservative in the 4th round. He put out too much. If you're going to give out every last bit of energy you have left in the second to last round you better knock your opponent out or really hurt him bad, i mean real bad. Anthony did neither. I contest that he could have easily won that fourth round and saved something for the fifth but he didn't.

Jesse was right when he said, "You knock out boxers like that." Anthony tried to stay busy in the fifth round but Jesse, slightly hurt, realized that the pitter patter combinations that Anthony was now throwing couldn't possibly hurt a gnat. Thats when he ducked his head, saw the opening, and let loose the doppleganger.

Dirk_W 30 desperate attention whore postings

05-18-05, 02:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Dirk_W Click to send private message to Dirk_W Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: Is Anthony stupid?"
Yeah, I loved that slow-mo of the first punch.
I mean, you could see Anthony's face bouncing off
his skull....LOL!!
And the bring on that music, with the drama, it's a great show.
Gonna miss ya : The Contender, that's for sure.

It was great, the best fight yet....I think.

BTW, anybody know who Tommy is?
What relationship does he have with boxing, Sly, Sugar Ray?

And what about that blonde lady?

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •