The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"SPOILERS FOR THE REST OF THE SHOW"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Contender Forum (Protected)
Original message

VegasFightWriter 218 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

04-25-05, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VegasFightWriter Click to send private message to VegasFightWriter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"SPOILERS FOR THE REST OF THE SHOW"
OK, due to popular demand, here are the spoilers for the rest of the show. Do not read, do not open this thread if you do not want to see how the rest of the series pans out. All I have here are the results of the fights. As I feel responsible for introducing this info to the boards, I would only plead that everyone keeps discussion on the results to this thread; no letting it spill out into other thrads.

Bear in mind: it is possible that I may be wrong. My sources are second-hand. But I've double-checked them, and they seem to be legit. So far, they have all proven accurate.

OK, here we go:

Quarter finals

Sergio over Ishe, split decision.
Alfonso over Ahmed
Peter over Joey.
Jesse over Anthony. Jesse knocks Anthony out cold!!!

Semi Finals
Peter over Alfonso
Sergio over Jesse

Peter Manfredo will meet Sergio Mora in the finals on May 24. Jesse Brinkley will fight Alfonso Gomez in the co-main event. The six most popular fighters, as determined by fan balloting, will meet on the undercard.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 THANKS! PhoenixMons 04-25-05 1
   RE: THANKS! VegasFightWriter 04-25-05 4
       RE: THANKS! PhoenixMons 04-25-05 5
       RE: THANKS! hunniebunns 04-25-05 8
           Split decision AyaK 04-25-05 9
           RE: THANKS! VegasFightWriter 04-25-05 10
               RE: THANKS! hunniebunns 04-25-05 11
 RE: SPOILERS FOR THE REST OF THE SH... KingDavid102077 04-25-05 2
   RE: SPOILERS FOR THE REST OF THE SH... VegasFightWriter 04-25-05 3
       RE: SPOILERS FOR THE REST OF THE SH... Wassail99 04-25-05 6
           RE: SPOILERS FOR THE REST OF THE SH... VegasFightWriter 04-25-05 7
 RE: SPOILERS FOR THE REST OF THE SH... volsfan 04-25-05 12
   RE: SPOILERS FOR THE REST OF THE SH... Elijah9031 04-26-05 13
       RE: SPOILERS FOR THE REST OF THE SH... Rebellwyr 04-26-05 14
           RE: SPOILERS FOR THE REST OF THE SH... Da Contenda 04-26-05 15
               Well... AyaK 04-26-05 16
                   RE: Well... VegasFightWriter 04-26-05 18
                       RE: Well... ChicagoTRS 05-12-05 19
           RE: SPOILERS FOR THE REST OF THE SH... Rebellwyr 04-26-05 17
 RE: SPOILERS FOR THE REST OF THE SH... Water_Walker32 05-17-05 20

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-25-05, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "THANKS!"
Thanks VFW. I very much believe the Ishe v. Sergio fight was a 'split decision' for a number of reasons (there is no 'extended scenes' tag for the Ishe/Sergio fight on yahoo, and it's the only one w/o it; the Ishe/Sergio fight just happens to be the first fight of a double header night...which means that the websites - NBC/yahoo - never have to have info pertaining to this fight on the main screen) and I have no reason to doubt that your info is legit. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Now on to the fan balloting! Any ideas how that will work? I assume it would be something like what was done in Survivor All-Stars with the fans voting for their favorite to win a million - perhaps after the final semi match they'll have a vote online option. All I know is that I hope to see Ishe in the mix. Ishe is still, in my eyes, the best fighter of the 16. Oh yeah, and I hope Sergio kicks Peter's a$$ all over the ring and Alfonso KOs Jesse and his smarmy self.

Thanks again!

Got blog?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

04-25-05, 04:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VegasFightWriter Click to send private message to VegasFightWriter Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: THANKS!"
Oh yes, it was indeed a split decision. Scores were 49-46 Ishe, 49-46 nd 50-45 Sergio.

PhoenixMons 4696 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

04-25-05, 04:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PhoenixMons Click to send private message to PhoenixMons Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: THANKS!"
I really wish we could see the entire fight! I have seen a few of those bizarre split decisions in the past (one just a few weeks ago, I forget who was fighting though) - two judges will see it heavily in favor of one fighter and the other will see it heavily in favor of the other fighter.

On the yahoo site, it states that Sergio won a 'unanimous decision' (I don't buy it, but that's what it says). Just seems way too fishy to me and I'd really love to see the full 15 minutes of fighting.

Got blog?

hunniebunns 119 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-25-05, 05:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hunniebunns Click to send private message to hunniebunns Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: THANKS!"
VFW, please forgive my ignorance but can you please let me know what this means? If it's a split decision, then how do they decide the winner?

*I really, really like Ishe....I hope he knows he has lots of fans that wish him the very best.

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

04-25-05, 05:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Split decision"
LAST EDITED ON 04-25-05 AT 05:36 PM (EST)

The majority view of the judges rules. A split decision means that one judge scored the fight for one fighter but two scored it for the other fighter, so the other fighter prevails by a 2-1 vote of the judges. Contrast that to a majority decision, when two judges score the fight for one fighter, and the third scores it even.

04-25-05, 05:51 PM (EST)
10. "RE: THANKS!"
A split decision means that two judges see it for one fighter, and one judge sees for the other. The winner is the one for whom two judges vote. UNLESS, one judge scores for one fighter, one scores for the other, and the third calls it a draw. Then it is a draw. If two judges call it a draw, and one judge scores it for one fighter, then it is a draw. A MAJORITY decison, as opposed to a split, is when two judges score for one fighter, and a third scores it a draw. Basically, if two or more judges see it one particular way, that is how the winner is determined.

I could probably have explained that more clearly, but maybe it helps.

hunniebunns 119 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

04-25-05, 07:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail hunniebunns Click to send private message to hunniebunns Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: THANKS!"
LAST EDITED ON 04-25-05 AT 07:49 PM (EST)

tks Ayak & VFW. makes sense now.

*woohoo...I'm over 100 posts! Such a daw, I am.

KingDavid102077 6 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-25-05, 04:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KingDavid102077 Click to send private message to KingDavid102077 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: SPOILERS FOR THE REST OF THE SHOW"
There has been a serious rumor that Peter breaks Alfonso's jaw in their semi final fight, now if alfonso is fighting for the bronzw I assume that is not true, any replies that rumor.

04-25-05, 04:14 PM (EST)
3. "RE: SPOILERS FOR THE REST OF THE SHOW"
I don't know. It has been six months since the fight, so he would have had time to heal by now. I do know that Alfonso is n training for May 24.

Wassail99 20 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-25-05, 05:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Wassail99 Click to send private message to Wassail99 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: SPOILERS FOR THE REST OF THE SHOW"
LAST EDITED ON 04-25-05 AT 05:06 PM (EST)

So I guess it is Joey that is injured this Sunday and has to go to the hospital. I wonder if it is his hamstring, or a new injury from the fight.

Thanks for the info! It doesn't spoil the show at all for me, even if I know the outcome, I still watch with enthusiasm. Kind of like watching a movie that you really like over and over, you still enjoy it even though you know how it ends.

Peter and Sergio, it figures. Peter, Sergio, and Alfonso are my favorites. Personally, I want Peter to win. If Alfonso really does get his jaw broke, that will really upset me! I just love him. He seems like such a great guy.

04-25-05, 05:13 PM (EST)
7. "RE: SPOILERS FOR THE REST OF THE SHOW"
He does seem like a great guy, doesn't he? I don't know him; I've never met him, but a couple of people at the fight at Caesars on Saturday were telling me how nice he is.

volsfan 19846 desperate attention whore postings

04-25-05, 08:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail volsfan Click to send private message to volsfan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: SPOILERS FOR THE REST OF THE SHOW"
Thanks for the info VFW!

Elijah9031 2 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

04-26-05, 04:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Elijah9031 Click to send private message to Elijah9031 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: SPOILERS FOR THE REST OF THE SHOW"
Damn, I wanted the final match to be Peter against Alfonso. I thought that would be the final match 'cause after the Juan vs. Tarick fight when they were showin' previews I could of swore I saw Peter in the Conteder ring walkin' towards Sergio. Did anybody else see that? Alfonso and Najai were my two favorites on there. Sergio gets on my damn nerves 'cause he is like the New England Patriots. He doesn't really have much talent to me, but he always seems to win his fights.

Rebellwyr 34 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

04-26-05, 04:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rebellwyr Click to send private message to Rebellwyr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: SPOILERS FOR THE REST OF THE SHOW"
anyone wanna take some bets on whether these are the actual results.

Da Contenda 21 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Got Milk? Spokesperson"

04-26-05, 08:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Da%20Contenda Click to send private message to Da%20Contenda Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: SPOILERS FOR THE REST OF THE SHOW"
Do you have some conflicting insider info rebel?

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-05, 08:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Well..."
This matches all of the rumors that I've heard. So I have no reason to doubt any of it.

I'd held off posting rumors until after the Ishe-Sergio fight, because it seemed to me that, if THAT seemingly unlikely rumor came true, then all the rumors must be accurate. And, as you all know, it did come true (though, unlike VFW, I had no idea that Burnett would try to edit it to conceal the true results -- and I'm stunned that he'd have someone lie on the official website for The Contender about the outcome).

04-26-05, 09:10 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Well..."
FWIW, I trust my primary source, because way back in, I think, October, not long after the show wrapped, I mentioned that Ishe had told me he was excited about the progam's prospects, and the source responded, "Really? But he lost in the quarter finals to Sergio Mora." "Was it a close fight?" I asked. "Yeah," said the source. "Real close, and the scores were all over the map." And then the source gave me the exact scores. On Friday and Saturday, prior to the double shows on Sunday, the same source gave me all the other results, including Alfonso's victory over Ahmed. Everything I have heard and passed on about the show, including the details of Episode 9, have come to pass, so I have no reason to doubt the accuracy of the remaining information at this point.

ChicagoTRS 39 desperate attention whore postings

05-12-05, 11:23 AM (EST)
Click to EMail ChicagoTRS Click to send private message to ChicagoTRS Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Well..."
Bumping to the top...rare that we have this accurate of a spoiler for a reality show. I guess it was nearly impossible to hide the results when so many witnessed the boxing matches.

Rebellwyr 34 desperate attention whore postings

04-26-05, 09:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Rebellwyr Click to send private message to Rebellwyr Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: SPOILERS FOR THE REST OF THE SHOW"
no, sure don't

Water_Walker32 47 desperate attention whore postings

05-17-05, 06:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Water_Walker32 Click to send private message to Water_Walker32 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: SPOILERS FOR THE REST OF THE SHOW"
That is a bummer for me. I had hoped Jesse would have stopped Sergio. Not because I believe Jesse is a more dominate fighter but because I think he is a smart fighter (Sergio as well). They both have their weaknesses. Jesse flails too much when enduring serveral combinations in a row and Sergio flails to much while giving them. Jesse stoops real low when getting hit and this has it's advantages and weaknesses. Weakness being that sooner or later, the opponent is going to predict his movements, advantages being that when you stoop that low, you draw your opponent down and inward, which can be a good set up for an upper-cut. Sergio isn't bad, I just don't like his attitude in the ring. I hope at least he had respect for Jesse (you could tell Sergio, in a previous episode, had to be a bit worried after seeing that KO) and didn't go out there flexing his skinny chest. In the previews, it showed several good landings for each fighter.

I NEED to know, was it a good fight?, or did Sergio dominate it from the beginning? Tell me a little about it. I can imagine that Jesse probably got caught with too many good ones and began bouncing all around only to get caught with a few more good ones. Was it split? Did Jesse get hurt and in what round?

Thanks
To me this is not a spoiler if the fights technically already happened, in reality tv, you can pre-record stuff like this to add suspense, however, boxing is a sport and these are REAL records, so the outcome should be freely available.
TIA

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •