The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Big One in the TdeF."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

kingfish 18509 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-07-15, 10:12 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Big One in the TdeF."
I lost interest after the doping investigation fiasco and dual standards judging, but this caught my eye. 20 or so involved in a massive pile up, and Cancellara broke bones in his back.

http://tinyurl.com/crashTdeF

Apparently one rider's (William Bonnet's) bike collapsed on a straight flat run with riders all at full speed, and a whole pile of riders just kept piling into him and each other. It's a wonder that Bonnet, who was hit repeatedly and who seemed to be at the bottom of the pile, wasn't killed. Or maybe the verdict is still out on that.

I guess now my only interest is to watch the crashes.

As to the dual standards, I read where this year a number of riders were tested positive for banned drugs, but weren't banned, and were actually allowed to participate.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Big One in the TdeF. AyaK 07-08-15 1
   RE: The Big One in the TdeF. kingfish 07-08-15 2
       RE: The Big One in the TdeF. AyaK 07-09-15 3
 Wrap-up of 2015 AyaK 08-27-15 4
   RE: Wrap-up of 2015 kingfish 08-30-15 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

AyaK 10382 desperate attention whore postings

07-08-15, 02:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Big One in the TdeF."
Cancellara's crash brought back memories of Armstrong's ride over a field to avoid a similar disaster in the 2003 TdF:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gr89ku-K2WU

But of course the Armstrong witchhunt has consigned all of those great moments to the dustbin of time and fading memory.

Unlike Armstrong, when Cancellara (who, like Armstrong, was in the yellow jersey at the time) went into the field, he almost immediately flipped over his handlebars and broke a couple of bones -- see from 2:18 in this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44D43ttvkNA.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

07-08-15, 07:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Big One in the TdeF."
Reading where today was a pretty good day for crashes too. Another pileup, this time, 30 or so involved.

Those roads are treacherous enough when dry, but wet? Suicide.

07-09-15, 05:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Big One in the TdeF."
Well, earlier this week, the problem was the cobblestones (or the pave, as the French call it).

http://www.wsj.com/articles/tour-de-france-here-come-the-dreaded-cobbles-1436205756 (sorry, may require subscription)

But the truth is, the field is just (as a whole) physically weaker without the blood doping, and so the riders are exhausted at the end of a stage. That is what accounts for a stage-ending crash like today's, which took out the second yellow jersey holder in a week:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/cycling/33466631

08-27-15, 03:57 PM (EST)
4. "Wrap-up of 2015"
Chris Froome of Britain (who grew up in Kenya) won his second TdF, although he had to hold off a furious challenge from Colombian rider Nairo Quintana on the closing stages -- since the race didn't have an individual time trial (except for the very short prologue), Quintana's weakness in that event didn't hurt him, and he finished just 72 seconds behind.

After that was over, the focus of international cycling moved to the US (where it has become invisible). In the two major one-week US stage races in August, American Joe Dombrowski of the American team Cannondale-Garmin won the Tour of Utah and Australian Rohan Dennis of the American BMC Racing Team won the US Pro Challenge. Nobody noticed.

Now we're on to the three-week Vuelta, the last of the three Grand Tours, as of August 22. Froome and Quintana both entered, and they have to be considered the favorites, although Colombian Esteban Chaves of the Australian Orica-GREENEDGE team has jumped off to the early lead.

08-30-15, 11:03 AM (EST)
5. "RE: Wrap-up of 2015"
Cycling in the US has become invisible.

No TV coverage that I've seen. And it would help if/when it ever is on TV that camera direction be sync'ed with the US commentators. Too often are the US commentators left to comment on whatever camera shots the European TV people wish to show.

A bigger (IMO) problem with F1 racing.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •