The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"It was a catch!"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

kingfish 18030 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-12-15, 05:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
"It was a catch!"
Dammit.

Cap2 Patched me

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: It was a catch! Agman2 01-18-15 1
 RE: It was a catch! HobbsofMI 01-20-15 2
   RE: It was a catch! kingfish 01-20-15 3
       RE: It was a catch! PepeLePew13 01-20-15 4
           RE: It was a catch! kingfish 01-20-15 5
           RE: It was a catch! HobbsofMI 01-22-15 15
   RE: It was a catch! PepeLePew13 01-25-15 21
       RE: It was a catch! HobbsofMI 01-26-15 22
 Deflategate PepeLePew13 01-21-15 6
   RE: Deflategate kingfish 01-21-15 7
   RE: Deflategate Estee 01-22-15 8
       RE: Deflategate kingfish 01-22-15 9
           RE: Deflategate Estee 01-22-15 10
               RE: Deflategate kingfish 01-27-15 31
   Liar. Estee 01-22-15 11
       RE: Liar. kingfish 01-22-15 12
           RE: Liar. Agman2 01-22-15 13
               RE: Liar. Estee 01-22-15 14
                   RE: Liar. Agman2 01-23-15 16
                       RE: Liar. Estee 01-23-15 17
 The events so far... kingfish 01-25-15 18
   RE: The events so far... PepeLePew13 01-25-15 19
       RE: The events so far... HobbsofMI 01-26-15 23
           RE: The events so far... Agman2 01-26-15 24
               RE: The events so far... Estee 01-26-15 25
                   RE: The events so far... Agman2 01-26-15 26
   RE: The events so far... Estee 01-25-15 20
 Never Their Fault Estee 01-26-15 27
   RE: Never Their Fault kingfish 01-26-15 28
       RE: Never Their Fault Agman2 01-27-15 29
 Of course... kingfish 01-27-15 30
   RE: Of course... Agman2 01-27-15 32
 The blame game. kingfish 01-30-15 33
   RE: The blame game. Agman2 01-30-15 34
       RE: The blame game. kingfish 01-30-15 35
       RE: The blame game. PepeLePew13 01-30-15 36

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Agman2 517 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

01-18-15, 01:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: It was a catch!"
YEs it was!
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

HobbsofMI 16047 desperate attention whore postings

01-20-15, 02:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: It was a catch!"
Not according to the rules. Ask CJ.

sig Syren, bouncy by IceCat, bobble head by Tribephyl, and snoglobe by agman

01-20-15, 04:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: It was a catch!"
The rules the way they were written, or the way they were mis-applied?

It's done. It's over. Not sorry that Jerry Jones took one in the... whatever, but it looked like Bryant definitely had possession to me. In all the replays.

But Oh well, life goes on. It will never be perfect, even with a replay judge.

(CJ?)

PepeLePew13 25511 desperate attention whore postings

01-20-15, 05:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: It was a catch!"
LAST EDITED ON 01-20-15 AT 05:59 PM (EST)

Hobbs is a Lions fan, so... CJ = Calvin Johnson. His non-touchdown against the Bears was the first high-profile outrage over this same rule when it was set up back in about 2010.

As bad as the non-TD was for Bryant's play, the Johnson non-TD was worse - both feet touched the ground four times in total plus his hand and butt with the ball completely in control until after he turned over, hit it on the ground and dropped it on his way up to celebrate what should have been a come-from-behind, game-winning TD.

Yes, the rule was 'correctly applied' but it's a horrible rule that needs to be turfed ASAP.

ETA: video here.
http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d81a77070/Controversial-call-on-Megatron-non-TD

01-20-15, 11:52 PM (EST)
5. "RE: It was a catch!"
Calvin Johnson. Of course.

Yeah, I thought the Lions were robbed.

I still think there's a valid argument against the 'correctly applied' part of that in both cases, I think had the calls been reversed in both cases (OK, there would never have been the second case if the first had been reversed, but let’s just ignore that for a moment) there would have been wide spread agreement that the calls were correct. I think 99% of the people who watched expected the calls to go to the receivers. Each decision was still just NFL’s ‘interpretation’ of its going-to-the-ground rule which is ambiguous at best.

But they were consistant, and there is poetic symmetry in it as far as Dallas is concerned.

01-22-15, 10:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: It was a catch!"
LAST EDITED ON 01-22-15 AT 10:22 PM (EST)

*ding ding ding* we have a winner. KF no matter what you think it was not a catch by the rule. The receiver must complete the process when going to the ground.

01-25-15, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: It was a catch!"
Sam Shields, the GB cornerback who was defending Bryant on that play, now says he thinks it was a good catch all the way.

When both the offensive and defensive players involved agree that the play should be ruled a good catch, maybe it's time for the NFL to take note.

http://fantasynews.cbssports.com/fantasyfootball/update/24992045/packers-sam-shields-thinks-dez-bryant-caught-the-ball

01-26-15, 09:46 AM (EST)
22. "RE: It was a catch!"
Yep, the rule for going to the ground should be changed.

01-21-15, 07:57 AM (EST)
6. "Deflategate"
Seems the NFL has found that 11 of the 12 game balls used in the NE-Indy game were under-inflated.

If it were any other team, I'd laugh it off as being sour grapes - and even so, under most circumstances I'd shrug it off as well, except for this little tidbit:

Tom Brady has talked in the past about how much he likes under-inflated balls. The money quote:

"When Gronk scores -- it was like his eighth touchdown of the year -- he spikes the ball and he deflates the ball. I love that, because I like the deflated ball. But I feel bad for that football, because he puts everything he can into those spikes."

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24980832/tom-brady-in-2011-i-like-deflated-footballs

Knowing how anal-retentive the NFL is about their rules, I'd expect some heavy penalties (fines, loss of draft pick(s), tarring and feathering of Bob Kraft in the town square, etc.) but Belichick and the players will just laugh it off as they're in the Super Bowl and the Colts were going to get pounded anyway whether the ball was inflated or not.

01-21-15, 10:11 AM (EST)
7. "RE: Deflategate"
I think they should give the win to the Colts.

I need to be back in the PTTE.

Estee 57032 desperate attention whore postings

01-22-15, 07:44 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Deflategate"
Turns out it was twelve of twelve: the last just wasn't as noticeable.

Turns out there's actually a standard penalty for ball tampering: $25K, and this can be assigned to the head coach. However, the league has to prove it was deliberate Patriot intent -- and the Goodell-Kraft relationship is just a little bit evidence-destroyie. So my expectation is that Roger-Dodger demonstrates his usual grasp of public opinion and does Absolutely Nothing, plus BeliReCheat spends all of Media Day no-commenting his way to Oz. Plus he might say 'On to the 2015 home opener'. A lot.

Roger Goodell. Because in a 'X or Bettman?' question, there had to be a plausible X.

By the way, I'm still sick of all the Gate bits. How about DeFlaterMaus?

01-22-15, 10:09 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Deflategate"
I agree, there is way too many -agates. But in this case, de-flate-agate does have a sing song appeal.

I want Goodell's job. Just for one year.

Even more impossibly, I want the win to be given to the Colts.

01-22-15, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Deflategate"
Won't happen. It's theoretically possible (as in 'the commissioner is allowed to do it') -- but you'd need to prove the balls were the full difference in the game. I don't think there's a real case there. Also, Goodell.

The media-suggested punishment I've heard most often is loss of head coach: one-year suspension, no contact with the team whatsoever or he's out for life, starting now. But that's based on repeat offender, being able to prove anything... and again, Goodell. Expect nothing, don't worry about being surprised.

01-27-15, 05:39 PM (EST)
31. "RE: Deflategate"
Ding a ringa ding ding, this time we really do have the definitive answer.

Finally.

If you can't trust the declaration in a lawsuit on behalf of the Sovereign state of Texas, what can you trust?

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/terry-hendrix-jailed-cowboys-fan-sues-nfl-for-89-billion-over-reversed-call/

Unfortunately that's only about one month of Goodell's's salary. But it's the principle, isn't it?

01-22-15, 10:45 AM (EST)
11. "Liar."
Just heard the first few seconds of Hoodie's press conference. The sport's ultimate control freak opened by claiming that before Monday, he had never encountered the ball control process or had any idea how it worked at all.

Really?

01-22-15, 03:35 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Liar."
Second best job in the world (beside's Goodell's sinecure), excuse writer for Belichick. OK, upon refleection, maybe not the second best, but it would keep you busy.

He needs to fire who ever came up with that one.

01-22-15, 05:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Liar."
I'll be interested in what Brady has to say about this.

I'm also interested in Bullzeye's take on things too

01-22-15, 05:36 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Liar."
Brady's press conference is running as I write this. And if you enjoy black comedy laced with denial and 'None of this can ever be pinned on me, right?' with just a dusting of not paying any attention to what's actually coming out of his mouth? Pure gold.

Ignore the transcripts and find the audio. The tone of his voice is half the fun.

01-23-15, 11:44 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Liar."
Just saw the replays of his conference. Sounds like one of my 4th grade students when they are caught red-handed doing something except they are more believable!

Yea Tom, it must be the ball boys. Cough, cough, cough!

01-23-15, 12:16 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Liar."
Try to find a picture of his face as he's leaving. He's wearing the grin of a bully who just forced five pounds of dirt down the victim's throat -- and knows he has an alibi putting him at a church bake sale.

I'd love to see a profiler/hehaviorist break down both press conferences. The audio seemed to hold a dozen tells: what would a professional find in the video?

01-25-15, 12:52 PM (EST)
18. "The events so far..."
1. 11 of 12 balls used in the Conference Championship game between the Colts and the Patriots are found by the NFL to be underinflated and below permissible pressure.

2. Belichick holds a press conference and denies that he knew that footballs had air in them. He apparently just learned that that morning.

3. Brady also holds a press conference and also denies knowing. Anything. Where he lives, what air is, that there are two 'O's in football, anything.

4. Belichick holds second presser, and is suddenly an expert on how god, humidity, and the atmospheric pressure affects every 11 out of 12 footballs provided by the New England Patriots.

5. Gronk details how how his spiking of the football was the cause of the deflation. So far, this is the most believable explaination given by the Patriots. And his nickname is Gronk, son of Bluto. Enough said?

6. The NFL finds that the officials checked the balls before the game and that 12 of 12 footballs supplied by the Patriots were legally inflated then.

7. The NFL finds that 11 out of 12 balls supplied by the Patriots somehow became underinflated for the first half, but became legally inflated for the second half.

8. Somehow god, humidity, and the atmosphere affected only 11 out of 12 regular game balls supplied by the Patriots, not the balls from both teams used for kicking which were all legal before, during, and after the game. Maybe god spares kicking balls, for which I would be vaguely grateful.

9. A preview of Belichick's next presser reveals that he thinks that Aaron Hernandez probably murdered 1 1/2 psi of pressure in 11 of 12 regular game balls used in the first half.

10. The NFL finds that the balls supplied by the Colts were were all legal before during and after the game, and are also apparently immune to atmospheric tampering by god.

11. The legal community has declared this case to be the legal precedent defining the Slam Dunk level of circumstantial evidence. With this kind of evidence agaist them, an accused is automatically declared guilty, no jury necessary, and that those cases should automatically go to the penalty phase, maximum penalty recommended.

Spoiler alert: This is Sony and Seth Rogan's latest breakthrough advertising ploy to drive up Super Bowl ad revenues.

Cap2 Patched me

01-25-15, 02:55 PM (EST)
19. "RE: The events so far..."
The most laughable parts of this whole sordid affair was the denials issued by Brady and Belicheat. Brady is known to be a micromanager, fastidious about the balls he would use in the game, and has admitted openly in the past that he likes his balls deflated (and no, I'm not referring to what Gisele does to them).

Belicheat is also a notorious micromanager who has his paws on every little detail of the game and has been known to have the practice footballs scuffed, marked, overinflated, made slippery, etc. to prepare his players for different situations that might pop up in a game. "Totally unfamiliar with the pregame process of selecting and approving the game balls"... yeah right. He ought to be fined and suspended for the ridiculous pressers alone.

There's a number of sites openly calling for the NFL to throw the Pats out of the Super Bowl as it's the only way to properly punish them for cheating -- that ain't gonna happen, folks.

01-26-15, 09:54 AM (EST)
23. "RE: The events so far..."
100% agree that both are lying their butts off but this will be just a fine and maybe a draft choice again.

01-26-15, 11:40 AM (EST)
24. "RE: The events so far..."
I think they should Ban both Brady and Bellicheat from the game. They shouldn't even let them be on the sidelines.

01-26-15, 03:35 PM (EST)
25. "RE: The events so far..."
As of last night, Brady still claims no one from the league has even interviewed him, so I think we can safely assume Goodell won't officially finish ignoring this until after the Super Bowl.

01-26-15, 05:19 PM (EST)
26. "RE: The events so far..."
I guess the only thing I can say now is what I would have considered unthinkable not long ago. Go Seahawks!

01-25-15, 02:59 PM (EST)
20. "RE: The events so far..."
And you can read about Professor Hoodie's findings in The Journal Of Irreproducible Results. Or you could if he'd submit the data. Which he won't. Because it's secret. And personal. And so complicated that only he can understand it through virtue of not being a scientist. Plus he didn't record any. But other than that...

Basically, he turned on the heat in his office, watched the ice caps not instantly melt, and thus disproved climate change. Kudos.

That was running the con. It was the most recent equivalent to the Simpson DNA evidence being sabotage in trial: I'll use lots of words in the confidence that those who don't understand them will trust simply being I'm the one who said them. It's setting up his defense and telling the NFL he will fight this all the way to the end, with a final counter of Because God Said So And Incidentally, I'm God.

What I don't understand is why he believes he has to defend himself at all. He already had the only proof he needed: the best buddies picture of Goodell and Kraft together. He wins. We're just waiting to find out how.

01-26-15, 07:34 PM (EST)
27. "Never Their Fault"
ESPN is reporting that the NFL is now focusing the investigation on a Patriots employee who appears to have taken the footballs off their standard path.

Within minutes of this story breaking, a Patriots fan called in to a local sports talk station and told the host about how he had a friend who knew someone who worked for the Panthers who'd told everyone that said Patriots employee was a disgruntled former Jets employee who'd been paid off by Jim Harbaugh to make the Patriots look like they were cheating.

If Hoodie had stepped up to the podium and confessed full personal responsibility, there would be Patriots fans currently claiming that event as proof that telepathy is real and their coach was being mind-controlled.

01-26-15, 08:01 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Never Their Fault"
LAST EDITED ON 01-26-15 AT 09:14 PM (EST)

So, the vengeful employee deflated 11 balls before the game, then reinflated them at the half.

But he didn't tamper with the kicking balls, which would have actually made a difference.

I think this was a underinflated test balloon of a theory/excuse.

01-27-15, 11:31 AM (EST)
29. "RE: Never Their Fault"
Sounds like an overinflated story with an underinflated probability of being true.

Someone is trying to let the air out of "inflategate"

01-27-15, 11:43 AM (EST)
30. "Of course..."
It's all clear now. That sneaky locker room attendant did it. With no help, orders, or even suggestions from anyone, he just divined that Brady liked his balls underinflated (pun viciously intended). Someone obviously walked in on him before he could get that 12th ball deflated.

Then, to cover up his scheme, he re-inflated them at halftime so that nobody would know. He probably didn’t count on the fact that the officials check Brady’s balls (again, intended) before the game, at the half, and again after the game. After all who could have predicted that? Just because it’s done like that for every NFL game? Who would have guessed?

And why didn’t this occur to us before?

Those NFL guys are regular Sam Spades, nobody pulls the wool over their eyes.

01-27-15, 06:54 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Of course..."
*snort*

01-30-15, 10:49 AM (EST)
33. "The blame game. "
I did it. I snuck into the Pat's football storage room before the Patriots/Colts game and stole about 1-1/2 psig from each of 11 game footballs.

You see, these days there isn't much work on the reef, times being what they are, with the Barracuda Mafia controlling the tidal pool unions and the Great Whites policing the drop off. If you ain't a dues paying Union member, you only get the crumbs that fall out of their mouths. The only work available to us is to nibble at fisherman’s baits. That’s our job these days, bait nibbling.

It's a living if you don't need much to live on. But I have a nephew who is pretty bad off. He had an ick shot but apparently the it wasn't all that effective this year, and he got the ick anyway.

It got into his float bladder, and now all he can do is float around upside down. If the Barracuda Union enforcers hear of this, it's the big flush for him.

So I stole some air. I did it. I couldn't live knowing I didn't do all I could do to help poor little Barney (Barnacle Ichabod Fry Jr.). All he needed was 15 psig to float upright and avoid the big flush. So I did it, I stole some air, I got a couple psi extra just in case. And I'm probably going to be gutted and filleted for it, but I don't care and I’m not sorry.

I did it. I stole them psi’s.

(and Damon, Affleck, Tyler, and Kimmel are all a bunch of talentless putzes!)

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2015-01-30/matt-damon-ben-affleck-steven-tyler-new-england-patriots-deflate-gate-jimmy-kimmel

Cap2 Patched me

01-30-15, 12:02 PM (EST)
34. "RE: The blame game. "
LAST EDITED ON 01-30-15 AT 12:10 PM (EST)

doods, I'm totally the locker bro who deflated those footballs. ya see, I'm like from Cali man and down here in So Cal, we're stoked with our waves, but our air man it's a total downer I heard that the patriots balls were full of air so I decided ON MY OWN, to get some of that seriously cool air and bring it out here to our little corner of paradise.

I watched an episode of the OC, then drove my woody back east to find some of that Patriot air. I got to the locker room and went to work. I dropped in the balls and started nabbing the air. I had finished 11 of the balls when some friggin Guppy dude came in and caught me. He said he been on the reef and had his own agenda with the balls.(nah dudes I didn't ask what that was)I tried to share the stoke, but he wanted it all for him self, so I just like dropped in on the PSI current and came back. I drove down the PCH and spread the O2. And that's what totally happened.

01-30-15, 12:44 PM (EST)
35. "RE: The blame game. "
Bitchin'.

Totally.

01-30-15, 03:40 PM (EST)
36. "RE: The blame game. "
It's Gisele, I'm telling ya. Gisele is always deflating Brady's balls and she knows exactly how he likes it. She's also an expert at deflating the wide receivers with her frequent cutting remarks of their receiving skills (After the Super Bowl loss to the Giants a few years ago, "You have to catch the ball when you're supposed to catch the ball. My husband cannot bleeping throw the ball and catch the ball at the same time. I can't believe they dropped the ball so many times.").

My money's on Gisele.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •