The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"The Friendly games"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

starshine 102 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

07-23-14, 03:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail starshine Click to send private message to starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"The Friendly games"
Or let's all gang up on the Norfolk Islands.

Not much here for our USAans, but you can always apply to join, I think you have more justification than some members (I don't remember Rwanda being pink on the map)

Scotland hopefully making it to the top 10, but can anyone stop the Australian juggernaut?

Anyway the BBC have put together a 'which sport would suit you' thingy which is a little entertaining.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-28062001

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: The Friendly games starshine 07-23-14 1
 RE: The Friendly games kingfish 07-23-14 2
 RE: The Friendly games PepeLePew13 07-23-14 3
 RE: The Friendly games Colonel Zoiderg 07-28-14 4
 So far starshine 07-28-14 5
   RE: So far cahaya 07-28-14 7
 Badminton! cahaya 07-28-14 6
 Athletics starshine 07-29-14 8
 Serves me right starshine 07-30-14 9
 Day 9... cahaya 08-01-14 10
 The games go on... cahaya 08-03-14 11
   Excuse me? starshine 08-03-14 12

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

07-23-14, 03:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail starshine Click to send private message to starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: The Friendly games"
I was expecting lawn bowls, however Netball, Athletics throwing events, and Wiff Waff are apparently the sports for me
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

kingfish 17467 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-23-14, 05:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: The Friendly games"
Count me in.

I'm all about ganging up on those pesky Norfolk Island guys.

PepeLePew13 25308 desperate attention whore postings

07-23-14, 10:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: The Friendly games"
Hrmm... I got shooting, lawn bowls and athletics (long distance).

Colonel Zoiderg 62 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

07-28-14, 08:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoiderg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoiderg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: The Friendly games"
I got Athletics throwing events. I assume they mean the "field" portion of Track and Field, because I'm sure as hell not cut out for the Track part.

07-28-14, 01:43 PM (EST)
5. "So far"
I've really been enjoying it. If I write down that LCA is St. Lucia then hopefully I will remember it in the future...

Kiwis lost their first ever Rugby 7s game in the games to the Springboks, watching the tournament made me think that it may be the surprise sport of the 2016 Olympics for you USAans.

Now watching the Malaysians hammer England in the team badminton, and the English players aren't playing badly either.

cahaya 19263 desperate attention whore postings

07-28-14, 08:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: So far"
LAST EDITED ON 07-28-14 AT 08:02 PM (EST)

Now watching the Malaysians hammer England in the team badminton...

I called DW in Malaysia today, right at the time of the match, it was noisy in the background!

07-28-14, 08:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Badminton!"
LAST EDITED ON 07-28-14 AT 08:03 PM (EST)

I'm slim!

07-29-14, 07:56 AM (EST)
8. "Athletics"
T11/12 100m sprint Libby Clegg wins gold in 12.20 seconds, her lap of honour takes 45 minutes!

Most gold medals ever for Scotland, and loads of events left

The current table:

# Gold Silver Bronze Total Country
1 30 25 32 87 Australia
2 27 24 23 74 England
3 13 8 12 33 Scotland
4 9 7 8 24 South Africa
5 9 3 12 24 Canada
6 8 8 11 27 New Zealand
7 7 12 7 26 India
8 3 9 10 22 Wales
9 3 5 4 12 Malaysia
10 3 4 3 10 Nigeria
11 3 1 1 5 Singapore
12 2 3 0 5 Kenya
13 2 2 3 7 Jamaica
14 2 2 2 6 Cyprus
15 1 1 1 3 Cameroon
16 0 1 1 2 Northern Ireland
17 0 1 0 1 Bahamas
17 0 1 0 1 Bangladesh
17 0 1 0 1 Isle of Man
17 0 1 0 1 Mozambique
17 0 1 0 1 Pakistan
17 0 1 0 1 Papua New Guinea
17 0 1 0 1 Sri Lanka
24 0 0 2 2 Namibia
25 0 0 1 1 Ghana
25 0 0 1 1 Mauritius
25 0 0 1 1 Samoa
25 0 0 1 1 Uganda
25 0 0 1 1 Zambia

07-30-14, 08:53 AM (EST)
9. "Serves me right"
Norfolk Islands win in the group stages of the two Women bowls knocks Scotland out of the competition

08-01-14, 08:35 PM (EST)
10. "Day 9..."
It's between the English and the Aussies for the medal count, with Malaysia in a respectable 13th place.

And the Canadians for the solid third and the bronze.

08-03-14, 02:00 PM (EST)
11. "The games go on..."
England takes the gold in field hockey with the English women taking a silver on overtime penalties, too.

Meanwhile, the Jamaicans beat the English in netball.

I played netball in inter-company and government leagues while I lived and worked in Malaysia. It's not Hoosier basketball!

It looks like the hosts are going to run away with the medal count!

08-03-14, 04:17 PM (EST)
12. "Excuse me?"
in 122ad the Romans built a wall to keep us apart

But to celebrate the English lead The anthem they used Rather unfortunate at the moment...

I always enjoy these multi sport games always something new and interesting to watch, and it's always nice to see the competitors from the smaller countries. The BBC took the Vanuatu team to a snow dome where they had the time of their lives.

And congratulations to Canada, a most respectable third.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •