The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Stop WAR in Ukraine ! http://twitter.com/@euromaidan
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Wot no discusson thread? _O_"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

starshine 25 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

02-12-14, 06:50 AM (EST)
Click to EMail starshine Click to send private message to starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Wot no discusson thread? _O_"
So, Winter Olympics, are we enjoying it so far?

Britain wins its first ever medal on snow 90 years we've been trying (although I still feel sorry for Alain Baxter) which perked us all up a bit.

Elsewhere I really enjoyed the Slope Style on skis and boards, still find the Moguls and Half Pipe more boring than watching paint dry, really enjoy Curling, the British 7 stone end was most impressive, and all the various hurl yourself down the mountain on a tea tray events. The Russian figure skaters have been very good so far.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Wot no discusson thread? _O_ CTgirl 02-12-14 1
   RE: Wot no discusson thread? _O_ starshine 02-16-14 17
   Mikayla Shiffrin starshine 02-18-14 29
       RE: Mikayla Shiffrin CTgirl 02-19-14 30
           RE: Mikayla Shiffrin starshine 02-21-14 41
 RE: Wot no discusson thread? _O_ kingfish 02-12-14 2
   RE: Wot no discusson thread? _O_ starshine 02-16-14 18
 RE: Wot no discusson thread? _O_ Agman2 02-12-14 3
   RE: Wot no discusson thread? _O_ kingfish 02-14-14 4
 RE: Wot no discusson thread? _O_ Brownroach 02-14-14 5
   RE: Wot no discusson thread? _O_ kingfish 02-14-14 6
       RE: Wot no discusson thread? _O_ Agman2 02-14-14 7
   RE: Wot no discusson thread? _O_ AyaK 02-14-14 8
       RE: Wot no discusson thread? _O_ kingfish 02-16-14 16
           Isn't all of Russia cold? AyaK 02-17-14 24
 Come on, NBC.... PepeLePew13 02-15-14 9
   RE: Come on, NBC.... Estee 02-15-14 10
       RE: Come on, NBC.... kingfish 02-15-14 11
   RE: Come on, NBC.... snidget 02-16-14 12
       RE: Come on, NBC.... kingfish 02-16-14 13
 RE: Wot no discusson thread? _O_ Agman2 02-16-14 14
   RE: Wot no discusson thread? _O_ PepeLePew13 02-16-14 15
       RE: Wot no discusson thread? _O_ AyaK 02-17-14 22
       Chan AyaK 02-17-14 23
           RE: Chan PepeLePew13 02-17-14 26
               RE: Chan kingfish 02-18-14 27
 Lizzy Yarnold wins! CTgirl 02-16-14 19
 RE: Wot no discusson thread? _O_ starshine 02-16-14 20
 Questions. Estee 02-17-14 21
   RE: Questions. AyaK 02-17-14 25
       this is... Agman2 02-18-14 28
 Putin, sending wolves after our ath... snidget 02-20-14 31
 4 medals! starshine 02-20-14 32
   Entitlement gone insane starshine 02-21-14 35
       RE: Entitlement gone insane kingfish 02-21-14 36
 RE: Wot no discusson thread? _O_ PepeLePew13 02-20-14 33
   RE: Wot no discusson thread? _O_ snidget 02-20-14 34
   RE: Wot no discusson thread? _O_ Agman2 02-21-14 37
   And Canada men's hockey goes to fin... cahaya 02-21-14 38
       RE: And Canada men's hockey goes to... PepeLePew13 02-21-14 39
           RE: And Canada men's hockey goes to... kingfish 02-21-14 40
               RE: And Canada men's hockey goes to... Yogi 02-21-14 42
               RE: And Canada men's hockey goes to... Agman2 02-21-14 43
                   RE: And Canada men's hockey goes to... HobbsofMI 02-25-14 46
                       RE: And Canada men's hockey goes to... Agman2 02-25-14 47
 Hockey gold medal game... PepeLePew13 02-23-14 44
   RE: Hockey gold medal game... Agman2 02-24-14 45
       Rask AyaK 03-10-14 48

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

CTgirl 7123 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

02-12-14, 10:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Wot no discusson thread? _O_"
Not as much as in past years. I think its part the bad pre-game press and part time difference.*

I am enjoying Tucker West's 15 minutes of fame. He's an American luger who finished 22 and is from my hometown. It has been great to see all the support he's gotten from them. I'm also looking forward to seeing Mikayla Shiffrin ski. Her aunt is one of my oldest and dearest friends and I've been hearing about her efforts since she was little. It is amazing that she has made it to the top tier of skiing so quickly. I hope the SI cover jinx doesn't get her!!

Personally, I think only Canada and Lillehammer, Norway should be allowed to host the Winter Games!

Bob Costas's pink eye kind of sums up the atmosphere of the games!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

02-16-14, 05:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail starshine Click to send private message to starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Wot no discusson thread? _O_"
22nd very impressive!

For me after the Vancouver games the time difference is negligible, I have to get up at five to watch the Curling, but that isn't too bad, although the British teams are playing like they've never seen a stone before at the moment.

02-18-14, 05:04 PM (EST)
29. "Mikayla Shiffrin"
5th in the Giant Slalom, very impressive.

The American papers seem disappointed, but a) how many of them came 5th in the Olympics? and b) the Gold and Silver had already won Gold medals so obviously the Olympics agree with them, I imagine that going from a 60 girl event to a whole slew of events as a part of a big team with intense media interest will make some people perform just a bit better than they normally do.

02-19-14, 11:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail CTgirl Click to send private message to CTgirl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: Mikayla Shiffrin"
The American papers are medal hungry! The important thing is that she stayed focused and didn't let the Olympics hype get to her. She was up against women with a lot of experience. Her family is very proud of her.

Here's to a better result on Friday in her specialty, the Slalom!!

02-21-14, 04:47 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Mikayla Shiffrin"
I thought she had fallen in the second run, amazing that she held it together, and even more amazing that she was still able to win after such a mistake. Great performance.

kingfish 16888 desperate attention whore postings

02-12-14, 03:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Wot no discusson thread? _O_"
I enjoy it all. And these Olympics are especially well timed for me because of this icy weather which caused roads to be closed and me not being able to leave the house. I can watch all the skating, skiing, hockey, and other ice sports they have. I like it all, even the head games in curling. Johnny Weir's daily outfit watch is a sport unto itself.

I also like your descriptions, i.e. "...the various hurl yourself down the mountain on a tea tray events."

Congrats on the British first. The US also had a first ever medal in luge.

A Tribal Whoopee! We're all gonna fry.

02-16-14, 05:16 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Wot no discusson thread? _O_"
We also managed to hold on to our Ladies "head first down the mountain on a tea tray" gold

Two medals, we are going really well, we haven't won more than 3 since 1924.

Agman2 158 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-12-14, 06:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Wot no discusson thread? _O_"
I really liked the Slope Style snowboarding!

02-14-14, 10:22 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kingfish Click to send private message to kingfish Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Wot no discusson thread? _O_"
Me too.

Brownroach 14385 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-14, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Brownroach Click to send private message to Brownroach Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Wot no discusson thread? _O_"
The men's slope style skiing was awesome. A USA sweep!

And gotta love that Gus Kenworthy is bringing home -- along with his silver medal -- a mother dog and her four puppies that were hanging around the Olympic village.

02-14-14, 11:21 AM (EST)
6. "RE: Wot no discusson thread? _O_"
I wonder if they are going to travel in a Russian airplane's unheated cargo hold?

02-14-14, 03:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Agman2 Click to send private message to Agman2 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Wot no discusson thread? _O_"
LAST EDITED ON 02-14-14 AT 03:45 PM (EST)

gawd I hope not!

Taken to the peak of perfection by Tribe

AyaK 10310 desperate attention whore postings

02-14-14, 06:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Wot no discusson thread? _O_"
LAST EDITED ON 02-14-14 AT 06:38 PM (EST)

Because the area around Sochi is both poor and warm, there have been packs of stray dogs living there. Putin tried to have them all rounded up and killed, but international pressure caused him to hold off on the "killed" part.

Glad to hear that five of the dogs now have homes.

Meanwhile, NBC's cheerleading for Mother Russia continues to make the evening broadcast unwatchable (not to mention that I've been watching the Alpine skiing events on my cellphone as they happen).

At least this time Bode Miller isn't losing because he "partied in an Olympic manner", as he said in 2006. Instead, it looks like he's losing because he wants to win so badly. What a difference to throw away the Olympics as meaningless when you're at your prime, only to tighten up when you're near the end.

From an American perspective, the US flop in speed skating ha been incredibly disappointing. The idea that the fancy, sponsored (and vented) UnderArmour suits could be the root cause of the problem (and that IOC rules prohibit the individual US racers fom changing back to their usual Nike suits) is just the kind of classic Olympic FUBAR that results from a bunch of greedy, corrupt old men and women making rules to maximize their own profit.

The word "Olympics" should be listed in the dictionary as a synonym for the word "con".

If I wanted to see slopestyle skiing (or, for that matter, halfpipe), I'd watch the X Games. But I don't. And most of the other freestyle skiing events are just a joke. Yeah, just what we wanted, more "judged" events to be corrupted.

And holding the WINTER OLYMPICS in a place that AVERAGES 50 degrees for a high in February? Hey, why don't we hold the next ones in Atlanta?

Plus, whenever I see HRH Putin, I feel like I'm watching the Garmisch-Partenkirchen Winter Olympics of 1936 - except that it was actually cold in Nazi Germany durng those games.

02-16-14, 02:24 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Wot no discusson thread? _O_"
Russia is a larger and much more dangerous version of N. Korea.

http://www.theverge.com/2014/2/15/5414290/obstructed-view-how-russia-distorts-the-olympics

02-17-14, 04:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "Isn't all of Russia cold?"
LAST EDITED ON 02-17-14 AT 04:38 PM (EST)

Well, we're finally learning why the fools at the IOC awarded the Olympics to Sochi -- they had no idea that Sochi is subtropical. Some of you may remember Killy for sweeping the Alpine skiing events at the 1968 Grenoble Olympics, but now he's a supervisor at the IOC.

IOC's Jean-Claude Killy speaks

Going into the project, Killy—who was the chief coordinator for the IOC for the 2006 Games in Turin, Italy—knew little about this city where people can swim in the sea and ski the nearby mountains on the same day. He felt good about the project because Russia had good people working on it: "foreign-educated, people from Harvard, Stanford, KGB."

Two months after the vote, Killy packed warm clothes and a heavy coat for a trip to Sochi but wound up sweating heavily throughout a news conference. At the time, the area in Adler where the Olympic Park now stands was a swamp. There was no ski resort and little in the way of facilities in the Caucasus Mountains in Rosa Khutor.

No wonder it cost $50 billion.

PepeLePew13 25083 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-14, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Come on, NBC...."
...you've got to be better than this:

Estee 56145 desperate attention whore postings

02-15-14, 02:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Come on, NBC...."
On the plus side, his new job as NBC graphics coordinator gets Ted Cruz out of Congress.

02-15-14, 05:42 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Come on, NBC...."
I think there is some Freudian appropriateness there. And possibly foresight into the future.

snidget 51 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

02-16-14, 00:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail snidget Click to send private message to snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Come on, NBC...."
<Voice = Barbie> Flags are hard </voice>

Not that ABC is doing any better.

Tribe's Capital Retrieval and Bird Sanctuary

02-16-14, 10:28 AM (EST)
13. "RE: Come on, NBC...."
They're all under the thumb of King Putin.

02-16-14, 01:40 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Wot no discusson thread? _O_"
LAST EDITED ON 02-16-14 AT 01:42 PM (EST)

I'm getting a little tired of hearing about how the US speed skating team's uniforms are to blame for their less than stellar results in the competition.

*wonders if it's possible that some of the other countries are just better at speed skating than the US.

02-16-14, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Wot no discusson thread? _O_"
LAST EDITED ON 02-16-14 AT 03:14 PM (EST)

There was a very good article breaking down what happened to the US speedskating team - can't quite recall where I saw it, but it was making the point that at the very moment the men's team voted to switch back to their old uniforms, it was confirmation they had already mentally lost and nothing was going to save them going into the 1500. Just the fact that they were thinking about it was enough to defeat themselves mentally and knock them down by a couple tenths of points.

Then, of course, with the first failures happening in the early races, it was amping up the pressure on the rest of the team and it just snowballed from there. Momentum's a killer.

It's the same way with the Canadian men's figureskating team -- we've got umpteen world championships with the likes of Kurt Browning, Brian Orser, Elvis Stojko and Patrick Chan, to name a few, but come up short in the Olympics every single time with numerous silvers to show for it but no golds. The Japanese skater stumbled big time during his free skate so all Chan (the three-time defending world champion) had to do was to skate as he usually did, no superlative performance needed, and he choked.

But, back to speedskating... what a performance by the Dutch so far. 16 medals in speedskating, including three podium sweeps, and no other country has more than 2. The 10K is to come and the Dutch are expected to sweep the medals there as well. By comparison, the medals were all over the place in Vancouver - the Dutch had 7, the Koreans and Canadians both had 5, US and Germany both with 4, Czechs and Japanese 3, etc.

02-17-14, 04:08 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Wot no discusson thread? _O_"
We'll never know if the uniforms made a difference for the US speed-skating team. At least not until UnderArmour spend the next year trying to rinse the stench of this flop off of itself.

The fact that neither Heather Richardson nor Brittany Bowe (ranked #1 and #2 in the world) were competitive in the women's 1000-m speed skating (won by a woman from China who wasn't ranked in the top tier, with the Dutch skaters second, third, and fifth, while the Americans finished 7th and 8th) makes it look like other nations did make technical improvements to their suits, while the US suits regressed.

But, really, the idea that the amped-up pressure, tied in to the fact that the skaters didn't like the new suits anyway, has been more responsible for the flop than the suits have been is certainly believable.

02-17-14, 04:17 PM (EST)
23. "Chan"
All I can say is that it looked like Chan was channeling Sasha Cohen's legendary chokes under pressure. I felt sorry for the poor guy.

I also feel sorry for Virtue and Moir. Honestly, I couldn't tell any difference between their performance and Davis and White's performance, either four years ago or now. Four years ago, I felt like Virtue and Moir benefitted by being from the host country, and I felt like this Olympics was in part a "make-up" for that.

L'Equipe's claim that a US judge and a Russian judge made a deal with regard to ice dancing and the team competition is hard to give any credence. But, when two pairs are as close as Virtue and Moir and Davis and White are, anything is possible. Of course, the fact that the two pairs train together makes the fact that they are international rivals ridiculous. But that's how psychotic the Olympics get.

02-17-14, 05:58 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Chan"
LAST EDITED ON 02-17-14 AT 10:10 PM (EST)

Yeah, I really couldn't tell much of a difference between these two in today's long program - they both looked terrific and were clearly better than everyone else. No beef at all with the judging for the long program and I was fine with Davis/White getting the gold based on today's performance.

It's the short program that was complete B.S. - several people said that Moir/Virtue were better than the Americans and there was a stronger visceral reaction from the coach (the same one who coached both teams) after Moir/Virtue's performance. Moir/Virtue were docked a point for their Finnstep move, even though the inventor of the move said that they did it better and the Americans were the ones who made a slightly larger error, and he thought the order of the standings for the short program should have been reversed.

That's judging for you; nothing new. Just the idea that there "could" be a collusion of some sort shows that the system is still broken. I don't know enough about ice dance to be able to tell who didn't do a certain move perfectly, so I'm just relying on what unbiased 'experts' are saying.

ETA: Take it with a large grain of salt as it's biased coming from a Toronto writer, but here you go - a bit of an inside look at the judging:
http://www.thestar.com/sports/sochi2014/figureskating/2014/02/17/tessa_virtue_and_scott_moir_win_silver_in_ice_dance_at_sochi_olympics.html

02-18-14, 01:25 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Chan"
The real point is that judging, even by experts, even by the inventor of the move(s), is basically subjective. So arguments are largely moot as to which among the top 2 (IMO the top 4) has the better performance.

For me the top two or seemed equally beautiful, but Davis and White had a little something extra in appearance and liquid flow. Charlie's appearance was (to me) like a mad Russian symphony leader with his wild hair, arm movements, and black outfits. He clearly (IMO) had the most entertaining appearance and performance. When most of them performed, I usually found my eyes drawn to the woman. Except when Davis and White performed, he drew the eyes.

The other American pair, the bro/sis act, I thought should have been placed higher, her high pony tail flopping during each of her moves was very attractive and added quite a bit to their performance. And I thought the Italians, in both the short and long programs were underscored.

I rely on Tara and Johnny for technical evaluation, so all that is left for me to evaluate is the emotional and subjective side of things. but even they were in some cases in disagreement with the judges based on the scores. Johnny was even a little petulant a few times with his disagreement.

02-16-14, 05:23 PM (EST)
19. "Lizzy Yarnold wins!"
Skeleton is the ultimate in hurling yourself down the mountain on a tea tray! Congrats to Lizzy Yarnold and Team GB on their first gold medal in Sochi!

Snowfall by Tribe - it seems like every other day recently!

02-16-14, 05:30 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Wot no discusson thread? _O_"
And now the cross races have started, my favourite events of the games, although six racers seems to be asking for trouble, shame about Zoe Gillings she was third in the semi, the Italian was nowhere, and then the Italian was six inches ahead at the line!

Still 9th in the Olympics is much better than I will ever achieve.

Poor Lindsey Jacobellis, having crashed out again to us casual viewers she will always be remembered for this

Estee 56145 desperate attention whore postings

02-17-14, 11:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Questions."
Does NBC receive a financial incentive every time they show Putin, or are there hostages involved?

Is there enough bleach left in the world to finish the whitewashing of these Games?

How's Uganda doing with their summer host bid?

02-17-14, 04:39 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Questions."
I think Russia built a new bleach factory to help with the whitewashing.

02-18-14, 03:46 PM (EST)
28. "this is..."
the formula they're using

02-20-14, 11:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail snidget Click to send private message to snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "Putin, sending wolves after our athletes is just too much."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/02/20/kate-hansen-luger-films-wolf_n_4821025.html?ncid=edlinkusaolp00000009

Tribe's Capital Retrieval and Signature Service.s.

02-20-14, 07:38 PM (EST)
32. "4 medals!"
The most we have ever won and if Elise Christie finally catches a bit of luck we may have five ;D

Jennifer Jones was incredible, all the way through the tourney without losing a game! Adelina Sotnikova was just beautiful on the ice, I must say that in my own amateur way I thought the judges got the positions correct (can't really comment on the scores) although I might have moved Asada above Lipnitskya and Wagner below Edmonds.

Ski Cross was great, even if the French swept the medals, the quarter final when all the chasers fell over was amazing. Canadias women did the country proud, although why they waited so long I don't know, even I who don't really understand Ice Hockey was glued to my seat.

02-21-14, 04:44 AM (EST)
35. "Entitlement gone insane"
Was I watching a different tournament?

As an uneducated observer I can only judge as I would Strictly (Dancing with the "Stars") which is to say, who was the most elegant? who was the smoothest? whose tricks went well? and most importantly who made me smile?

And IMO the top three was correct, I was barely breathing watching Adelina Sotnikova she was just so graceful, Lipnitskaia was also wonderful to watch and deserved her place despite falling over, Gracie Gold was great, but just an hair less impressive than the top three, Ashley Wagner might whine but she was way overplaced, I thought she was easily outskated by Polina Edmunds and didn't deserve a top ten place.

02-21-14, 09:21 AM (EST)
36. "RE: Entitlement gone insane"
LAST EDITED ON 02-21-14 AT 09:49 AM (EST)

Considering the falls and stumbles, I would have put the Italian girl in first place, her routine was exquisite. But the Russians and the Korean Girl talentwise were really heads and shoulders above the others based on what I can observe (the non-technical stuff) and I was disappointed that they couldn’t skate clean.

I agree about the Americans. I pity whoever Ashley marries. What a whiner. But I do agree with her statement that a clean skate should earn more points than one in which the skater falls, and especially when there are multiple falls and stumbles.

Between the Russians and the Korean girl, I would have given it to the Korean girl.

02-20-14, 09:12 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Wot no discusson thread? _O_"
LAST EDITED ON 02-20-14 AT 09:30 PM (EST)

Sh!t just got real - the stakes for the men's Canada vs. USA game tomorrow (Friday) just got really huge. Medal, shmedal ... I think this is even more important than getting to advance to the gold medal game.

Actual billboard seen in Chicago:

ETA: A poll on Canoe.ca asked,

Would you wager Justin Bieber's nationality on the outcome of Friday's Canada-USA game?

The result?

Ouch.

02-20-14, 09:58 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Wot no discusson thread? _O_"
USA! USA!

02-21-14, 10:48 AM (EST)
37. "RE: Wot no discusson thread? _O_"
Until I saw that billboard, I wasn't that worried about the game, but now...GO USA

I would love to see Bieber gone! Too bad it's just a joke.

cahaya 19106 desperate attention whore postings

02-21-14, 03:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "And Canada men's hockey goes to final!"
Canadians win 1-0 in a tough defensive match, with saves by the Canadian goalkeeper as the U.S. putting on constant pressure in the 3rd period.

02-21-14, 04:30 PM (EST)
39. "RE: And Canada men's hockey goes to final!"
Whew! That was nerve-wracking.

So... shall I pack up the rest of The Biebs' stuff and drop it off at the border? I'm just 20 minutes away from his childhood home, and it would be my great pleasure to get rid of whatever leftover stuff there is that belongs to him.

02-21-14, 04:36 PM (EST)
40. "RE: And Canada men's hockey goes to final!"
Are you across the border from Detroit?

Hobbes might not take it too well, but Detroit might be good. But there are places in there where you could drop the Biebs and do everyone a favor.

Yogi 1195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

02-21-14, 05:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Yogi Click to send private message to Yogi Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
42. "RE: And Canada men's hockey goes to final!"
Here ya go folks.. Many thanks

Next goal is to get a little Ikea revenge.

02-21-14, 09:01 PM (EST)
43. "RE: And Canada men's hockey goes to final!"
there are places
in there where you could
drop the Biebs and do
everyone a favor.

Lake Superior maybe?

Alarmingly masterful tribal
You know what Gordon Lightfoot says about Lake Superior!

HobbsofMI 16015 desperate attention whore postings

02-25-14, 12:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "RE: And Canada men's hockey goes to final!"
Well it's a bit iced over right now but that's a good place for him.

sig Syren, bouncy by IceCat, bobble head by Tribephyl, and snoglobe by agman

02-25-14, 12:50 PM (EST)
47. "RE: And Canada men's hockey goes to final!"
they could just make a hole in the ice and toss him in! (Kind of like Ice fishing)

Alarmingly masterful tribal creation

02-23-14, 10:32 AM (EST)
44. "Hockey gold medal game..."

Of course, it's hard to score goals when these apparently are the Swedish team's hockey sticks:

Earlier today, this was everywhere ... great advertising by Molson, btw:

02-24-14, 02:51 PM (EST)
45. "RE: Hockey gold medal game..."
WOW! The USA really crashed and burned after their loss to Canada.

*I didn't see the game against Finland, but I wonder if Canada took their spirit!

03-10-14, 04:36 PM (EST)
48. "Rask"
LAST EDITED ON 03-10-14 AT 04:37 PM (EST)

The US loss in the bronze-medal final was all about Tuukka Rask, the Finnish (and Boston Bruins) goalie. In the round-robin, Rask played great and Canada won in a shootout (which is how Sweden got the top seed instead of Canada). Then Rask shut out the Russians, eliminating them. But then he got sick and didn't play in the second match against Canada, which gave the Canadians a gold-plated path to the finals.

He came back for the bronze, altough he was still supposed to be sick. When the US couldn't score on him, they started taking chances. As the final score shows, the chances didn't pay off.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •