The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"NFL Week #11 Complaining Thread."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55685 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-14-13, 08:31 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"NFL Week #11 Complaining Thread."
So apparently there's this video going around of the Gronk which shows he hates Asian fans.

But that's okay, because it's not as if any Asians or part-Asians follow football or have anything to do with the sport whatsoever, and thus there's no way to offend anyone who could actually have an influence on his life.

*mutter*

...gotta take the gear off sometime...

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: NFL Week #11 Complaining Thread... Snidget 11-14-13 1
 RE: NFL Week #11 Complaining Thread... Colonel Zoidberg 11-14-13 2
 NOT THE BEE UNIFORMS!!! Snidget 11-17-13 3
   RE: NOT THE BEE UNIFORMS!!! newsomewayne 11-18-13 5
       RE: NOT THE BEE UNIFORMS!!! cahaya 11-18-13 7
 RE: NFL Week #11 Complaining Thread... Max Headroom 11-17-13 4
   RE: NFL Week #11 Complaining Thread... cahaya 11-18-13 8
       RE: NFL Week #11 Complaining Thread... HobbsofMI 11-18-13 9
           RE: NFL Week #11 Complaining Thread... cahaya 11-18-13 10
               RE: NFL Week #11 Complaining Thread... HobbsofMI 11-19-13 16
       RE: NFL Week #11 Complaining Thread... Max Headroom 11-18-13 11
           RE: NFL Week #11 Complaining Thread... Jims02 11-18-13 12
 RE: NFL Week #11 Complaining Thread... newsomewayne 11-18-13 6
 Got home to see the end of the game Snidget 11-19-13 13
   RE: Got home to see the end of the ... Max Headroom 11-19-13 14
       RE: Got home to see the end of the ... Snidget 11-19-13 15
           RE: Got home to see the end of the ... AyaK 11-20-13 17
               RE: Got home to see the end of the ... Snidget 11-20-13 18
                   RE: Got home to see the end of the ... AyaK 11-20-13 19
                       Rule 8, Section 5, Article 1 cahaya 11-20-13 20
                           RE: Rule 8, Section 5, Article 1 HobbsofMI 11-20-13 22
                               Disagree AyaK 11-20-13 25
                                   RE: Disagree HobbsofMI 11-20-13 26
                       RE: Got home to see the end of the ... Snidget 11-20-13 21
                           RE: Got home to see the end of the ... HobbsofMI 11-20-13 23
                               RE: Got home to see the end of the ... cahaya 11-20-13 24

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 44253 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-13, 09:40 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: NFL Week #11 Complaining Thread."
TMZ link

Looks like someone didn't turn over their cell phone footage...

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Colonel Zoidberg 3660 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-14-13, 12:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: NFL Week #11 Complaining Thread."
Rule #1 of anything: Don't be a flipping idiot. Richie Incognito broke that rule. So did Gronkowski. But Gronkowski plays for the Patriots, so he'll get it swept under the rug.

Someone pass me a paper bag for my head.

11-17-13, 02:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "NOT THE BEE UNIFORMS!!!"
*runs screaming*

newsomewayne 9147 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-13, 10:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: NOT THE BEE UNIFORMS!!!"
If I were a video editor, I'd run all their highlights in fast speed with Flight of the Bumblebee the only sound, until Pittsburgh agreed never to use those again.

Tebow Time is over. We prefer to win games in the 1st quarter.
Trade managed by GM Agman, 2012

cahaya 18994 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-13, 12:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: NOT THE BEE UNIFORMS!!!"
Remember the SNL Killer Bees? (YouTube clip)

Max Headroom 10053 desperate attention whore postings

11-17-13, 08:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: NFL Week #11 Complaining Thread."
I hate fantasy football.

11-18-13, 12:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: NFL Week #11 Complaining Thread."
Okay, who is it this week?

It's just a numbers game.

HobbsofMI 15994 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-13, 02:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: NFL Week #11 Complaining Thread."
You should do one of the new weekly salary cap fantasy football that all the radio stations are pushing. You can't play poker online anymore so they moved to FF.

sig Syren, bouncy by IceCat, bobble head by Tribephyl, and snoglobe by agman

11-18-13, 03:23 PM (EST)
10. "RE: NFL Week #11 Complaining Thread."
LAST EDITED ON 11-20-13 AT 10:42 AM (EST)

There are a lot of salary cap FF sites out there, so which one are you referring to?

I tried Yahoo salary cap in 2011, won the (small) league, and scored 96% overall, not bad. Rules are different between the different online games, though.

And FWIW, I don't play for money. One reason I often do well in FF and other games is that I remain emotionally unattached to the results although I seriously play to win. But I'm emotionally attached to my hard-earned income, so I don't mix the two!

11-19-13, 04:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: NFL Week #11 Complaining Thread."
There are like four of the online sites advertising on the radio here that you can will $400k like the mailman in Trenton did last year or $1 million in our year end game or the guy who won $100k in just one week.

They seem to be a one week salary cap game for $10 to a lot and you can start all over each week so you have to pony up money again.

Yes, I agree with you on playing with money. My only money FF league fell apart due to people getting emotional over some really stupid trading and collaboration that were going on. From then on I stayed with the OT leagues and had lots more fun. I sort of miss it but I know I have no time for it. I think so far this year all the time I have watched Lion's games it might be 2 games in time. Other games....very little.

11-18-13, 06:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: NFL Week #11 Complaining Thread."
Nobody in particular, just a general expression of disgust as my carefully-crafted, championship-caliber 7-3 team is in the process of losing to a 3-7 opponent comprised of a bunch of scrubs who got really, really lucky this week. But all hope is not lost; a defensive struggle in tonight's game may allow my team to carry the day after all.

Be sure to root against Danny Amendola and Steve Smith, as their collective failure equals my success.

Jims02 7382 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-13, 08:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: NFL Week #11 Complaining Thread."
LAST EDITED ON 11-18-13 AT 09:49 PM (EST)

My previously 6-2 team has now slid all the way down to 6-5. I look forward to losing to Pepe's team this week, who has Nick Foles, A.J. Green, Desean Jackson, Gio Bernard, and C.J. Spiller on bye.

A 2003 IceCat original

newsomewayne 9147 desperate attention whore postings

11-18-13, 10:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: NFL Week #11 Complaining Thread."
Somebody should tell Andy Reid he looks like one of those rubber balls used for kickball when he wears the red pullover.

Tebow Time is over. We prefer to win games in the 1st quarter.
Trade managed by GM Agman, 2012

11-19-13, 00:36 AM (EST)
13. "Got home to see the end of the game"
No complaints at all

WOOOOO!!! Happy Dance!!!!!

I wonder who got my jinx

11-19-13, 09:14 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Got home to see the end of the game"
Bill Belichick, Tom Brady, and Rob Gronkowski got your jinx.

And that was a very rare occurrence, the Patriots not getting the call on a controversial play.

11-19-13, 11:05 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Got home to see the end of the game"
LAST EDITED ON 11-19-13 AT 11:05 AM (EST)

Does Belichick always look like he is suffering from Estee's trope of the day when being interviewed after the game?

especially since some of them commentators were making that receiver guy sound 25 feet tall and could have caught that pass if thrown to the other side of the end zone. Yeah, it wasn't the cleanest ending to a game, but we've had enough calls not go our way.

AyaK 10250 desperate attention whore postings

11-20-13, 00:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Got home to see the end of the game"
And here I was thinking that the line was shifting in favor of the Panthers because people thought that the Panthers were for real, not that the game was fixed and so the big money was coming in after the gamblers bought the refs. Silly me.

11-20-13, 08:01 AM (EST)
18. "RE: Got home to see the end of the game"
Not so much fun when the fix is on the other shoe, is it?

11-20-13, 12:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Got home to see the end of the game"
LAST EDITED ON 11-20-13 AT 12:50 PM (EST)

Nope. And I'm sure that most of America was thrilled to see that the "elite" teams like the Patriots actually don't get all the decisions and that blatant mistakes can be made against them that cause them to lose.

Anyone for a discussion of the now-repudiated "tuck rule"?

11-20-13, 01:17 PM (EST)
20. "Rule 8, Section 5, Article 1"
Here is a rules analysis that includes an additional reference to the officiating case book.

The official NFL rule book contains only one reference to the term “uncatchable.” Rule 8, Section 5, Article 3(c) identifies as a permissible act “contact that would normally be considered pass interference, but the pass is clearly uncatchable by the involved players.”

So what is “uncatchable”? And what’s the difference between “uncatchable” and “clearly uncatchable”? The league provides no specific definition or guidance to the officials.

This lack of elaboration underscores that it’s ultimately a judgment call, falling within the discretion given to the officials when making judgment calls. Sometimes, discretion is exercised in a way that results in a finding that the ball was catchable (or, more accurately, not clearly uncatchable). Sometimes, the finding is that the ball was uncatchable (or, more accurately, clearly uncatchable).

That's the incatchable catch.

11-20-13, 03:31 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Rule 8, Section 5, Article 1"
So it's not pass interference but def of holding or illegal contact pass 5 yards for that bear hug.

11-20-13, 05:10 PM (EST)
25. "Disagree"
LAST EDITED ON 11-20-13 AT 07:08 PM (EST)

The refs ruled that the pass was "clearly uncatchable" because that was the only way they could justify picking up the flag -- as you point out, that's a judgment call, and so they could say that they relied on their judgment, and by definition "judgment" involves judgment. That's why NFL toadie "Baghdad Bob" Blandino could defend the officials' process and say that they followed the correct process.

However, defending that judgment is preposterous. In fact, it's blatantly dishonest. Anyone with better vision than Stevie Wonder can see that Luke Kuechly carried Rob Gronkowski away from the ball while the ball was in the air, and that without Kuechly's interference, the ball and Gronkowski would have ended up in the same place. That's not to say Gronkowski would have caught it without Kuechly's interference -- the other defender might well have knocked it away -- but that's textbook interference. Pretending otherwise makes the NFL seem less honest than Belichick.

Even for wannabe Baghdad Bobs defending the officials, saying that the pass was "clearly" uncatchable is a stretch, although some of them try to go there anyway. Then again, even someone as incompetent as Barack Obama has ardent defenders, usually people who empathize with his goals. Similarly, I expect that the wannabe Baghdad Bobs fit into two groups: love the Panthers or hate the Patriots.

11-20-13, 09:03 PM (EST)
26. "RE: Disagree"
I do agree that it is pass interference but those two other calls could have been made even if the ball was clearly uncatchable.

11-20-13, 01:54 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Got home to see the end of the game"
A bad call can happen to any team, but sometimes it feels like some teams get the benefit of the doubt more often than others (whether that makes them "elite" I dunno).

I still would like to see that play from the angle that would show if the guy's arms are really so long he could catch a ball anywhere in the endzone like some of the commentators seemed to be saying.

Really, heard one way well maybe it was uncatchable by any normal player, but this guy? I swear he came thisclose to claiming he could have caught the ball in the endzone of the Atlanta stadium from Charlotte.

11-20-13, 03:32 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Got home to see the end of the game"
Calvin Johnson?

11-20-13, 03:42 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Got home to see the end of the game"
Oh, heck, Megatron a rule of his own.

(The Tuck Rule follows the one in the link.)

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •