The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Your current 2013 British Open leader."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

07-20-13, 08:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Your current 2013 British Open leader."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6PuO3y1DopM

See how far you get without laughing.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Your current 2013 British Open ... cahaya 07-21-13 1
   RE: Your current 2013 British Open ... PepeLePew13 07-21-13 2
   HOF winners AyaK 07-22-13 3

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

07-21-13, 03:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Your current 2013 British Open leader."
LAST EDITED ON 07-21-13 AT 03:47 PM (EST)

Lefty Phil finally comes through in the clutch, scoring 66 for the day.

"I putted soooo good," Mickelson said.

Mickelson was the only player to break par over four days at a baked-out course that bedeviled the world's best golfers.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

07-21-13, 04:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Your current 2013 British Open leader."
I liked this quote from Phil better:

When asked what he thought of Tiger's round, he replied, "I didn’t get a chance to see him play, I was too busy WINNING."

Zing.

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

07-22-13, 02:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "HOF winners"
The amazing thing is that every British Open winner at Muirfield but one is already in the World Golf Hall of Fame (Phil was inducted last year).

Here's the Muirfield Open winners' list:

1892 Harold Hilton
1896 Harry Vardon
1901 James Braid
1906 James Braid
1912 Ted Ray
1929 Walter Hagen
1935 Alf Perry (the one exception)
1948 Henry Cotton
1959 Gary Player
1966 Jack Nicklaus
1972 Lee Trevino
1980 Tom Watson
1987 Nick Faldo
1992 Nick Faldo
2002 Ernie Els
2013 Phil Mickelson

For those of you who aren't golf fans, Hilton was the person who created the idea of the "Grand Slam" being the Open, the U.S. Open, the Amateur, and the U.S. Amateur. Before Bobby Jones, he was the only person to win both the U.S. and British Amateur in the same year (1911, at age 42), and he finished third in the British Open that year.

Vardon was the second superstar in golf, and he, Braid and John Henry Taylor formed the "Great Triumverate" -- a dominant trio never equalled until Palmer, Player and Nicklaus. (In an ironic echo, only two of the three in each trio won the Open at Muirfield, although all of them won multiple Opens.)

Ray and Hagan were pros first and gentlemen second, and both also won the U.S. Open.

I don't think anyone can explain Alf Perry's shocking 4-stroke triumph at the 1935 Open, and I'm certainly not going to try. Cotton was the defending champion and first-round leader, but he faltered, finishing 76-75, and that was that. Cotton nevertheless won three Opens, among other triumphs, and then became a famous broadcaster.

I don't thiink the other winners need any introduction, even to non-fans of golf.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •