The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Yahoo Tourney Pick'em Bracket"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-14-13, 01:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Yahoo Tourney Pick'em Bracket"
Come beat me in picking the men's March Madness winner!

Grp #: 50246
Pwd: rtvw

http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t1/group/50246

A Slice of Manga

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Yahoo Tourney Pick'em Bracket Red_Dobie 03-16-13 1
 RE: Yahoo Tourney Pick'em Bracket byoffer 03-18-13 2
   RE: Yahoo Tourney Pick'em Bracket cahaya 03-18-13 3
 RE: Yahoo Tourney Pick'em Bracket Snidget 03-19-13 4
   RE: Yahoo Tourney Pick'em Bracket mrc 03-19-13 5
 RE: Yahoo Tourney Pick'em Bracket michel 03-19-13 6
 RE: Yahoo Tourney Pick'em Bracket Molaholic 03-19-13 7
 RE: Yahoo Tourney Pick'em Bracket Bebo 03-21-13 8
 Can we just end the tourney now? Snidget 03-31-13 9
 RE: Yahoo Tourney Pick'em Bracket Molaholic 04-09-13 10
   RE: Yahoo Tourney Pick'em Bracket cahaya 04-11-13 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Red_Dobie 731 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

03-16-13, 10:10 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Red_Dobie Click to send private message to Red_Dobie Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Yahoo Tourney Pick'em Bracket"
Thanks for the e-mail. I'm in.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-13, 11:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Yahoo Tourney Pick'em Bracket"
I'm in. thanks for setting this up.

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

03-18-13, 11:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Yahoo Tourney Pick'em Bracket"
LAST EDITED ON 03-22-13 AT 01:33 AM (EST)

Likewise. This year, I took a slightly different tack on predicting the brackets which I might post about here after the brackets are locked on Thursday.

(eta)

NCAA bracketology:

BPI rankings.
BPI explained.

Silver model rankings.

Vegas odds/rankings.

Kenpom model rankings.

All of these agree on the brackets with Louisville as the favorite over Indiana, except Kenpom favors Florida over both Louisville and Indiana.

There is a split on the Oklahoma St / St Louis game, and I went with Vegas and Silver's & Kenpom's call for St. Louis on this one (instead of BPI), but it won't matter much because they'll play Louisville next. There is also a split on the Indiana / Florida game, and again I went with Vegas and Silver's call for Indiana on this one (instead of BPI and Kenpom).

Louisville is the favorite, but the stats are close enough between Indiana and Louisville that Indiana is not a bad bet to win it all.

Never mind the pundits on the sports sites and TV channels, they're wrong more than they're right, trying to come up with "surprise" predictions (which if they make enough of them, someone is bound to predict some upsets).

I'm going with Indiana in this pool, also playing two more public pools with Louisville and Florida as winners. Using Silver's probability model, even though these three teams are the top three consensus favorites, the combined odds that one of these three will win is only 55%, meaning there is still a 45% chance some other team will take the title.

Go Hoosiers!

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-13, 07:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Yahoo Tourney Pick'em Bracket"
Oh what the heck, I'll give it a go. I mean certainly I can do worse than MRC!

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-13, 08:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Yahoo Tourney Pick'em Bracket"
That's for sure.

A Slice of Manga

michel 10812 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-13, 07:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail michel Click to send private message to michel Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Yahoo Tourney Pick'em Bracket"
I recorded a bracket. Game on!

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings

03-19-13, 09:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Yahoo Tourney Pick'em Bracket"
I'm in!

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

03-21-13, 08:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Yahoo Tourney Pick'em Bracket"
I wasn't going to put together a bracket this year, but I just couldn't help but prove one more time that Bebo Cain't Pick.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

03-31-13, 07:39 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Can we just end the tourney now?"
How did I get in first place, isn't going to last, unless Wichita State wins against Louisville.

I'm gobsmacked. I didn't think I'd do well at all.

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings

04-09-13, 01:19 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Yahoo Tourney Pick'em Bracket"
There is surely something wrong with the universe. I join two brackets and win them both?

Any siggie must include the only possible explination:

Gobsmacked isn't the half of it...

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

04-11-13, 04:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Yahoo Tourney Pick'em Bracket"
Grats, Moly! I had a chance to win it if Michigan won the final game, and they were even up by 12 points! Gah! At least I won another pool with the Louisville pick, as well as the Pick 8 hosted by stan.

Well done, the Universe is humming along with you!

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •