The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Week #17 NFL complaining thread."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-30-12, 08:49 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Week #17 NFL complaining thread."
In the NFC, we have five teams trying for two remaining playoff spots. Four if you deservedly exclude The New York Inconsistency. (By the way, do you know how many years it's been since the previous Super Bowl champion made the playoffs in the following season? Here's a hint: it's more than one.)

For the record: no 'beep-beep-beep'. The Giants did this to themselves: let no one else save them.

In the AFC, all berths are occupied -- but with the seeds still able to potentially shift, there are two teams in an interesting position. If they lose their game and everything breaks their way, sliding down a slot could give them an easier first matchup. It's the sort of situation where a devious coach might seriously consider throwing today's game to set up next week's win. And there's a third team which, while locked into their own slot, could still improve their position a little by throwing that last game and giving their opponent in it a higher seed. Said opponent? One of the teams which should be thinking about a discrete L to end the regular season.

...this won't end well.

Here's the shorthand:

AFC

Texans: Effectively lock up the #1 with a win: could conceivably give up the bye week with a loss and wins by the Patriots and Broncos.
Ravens: Could go up to the #3 if the Patriots lose and they win. Would rather be the #4.
Broncos: Get the #2 seed with a win. And they have the Chiefs. Merry belated Christmas. Should the Colts ride the ChuckStrong wave, the #1 is within reach.
Patriots: Anywhere from #1 to #4. Suspicions that they might try to slide into the #4 are lurking about.
Colts: Locked into the #5.
Bengals: Can't move from the #6. A loss to the Ravens today sets up a rematch next week.

NFC

Falcons: #1, and still no one believes in them.
Packers: Must beat the Vikings to lock up the bye week. Have a chance to tumble into hosting a wild card game.
Vikings: Must beat the Packers to have a chance at a wild card.
Bears: Must win, root for the Packers, and then go throw up.
49ers: Have the Cardinals. Therefore, at least the #3 and could get the #2 if the Packers lose.
Seahawks: The #5 unless the Cardinals turn into someone else entirely. Someone who can play football.
Cowboys/Redskins: Whoever gets the championship of each other takes the East and the #4 seed. They can both get in if Dallas wins and both the Vikings & Bears lose: in that case, the Redskins are the #6.
Giants: No. Just no.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Week #17 NFL complaining thread... Max Headroom 12-30-12 1
   RE: Week #17 NFL complaining thread... Estee 12-30-12 5
       RE: Week #17 NFL complaining thread... cahaya 12-30-12 12
 RE: Week #17 NFL complaining thread... Snidget 12-30-12 2
   Oops Snidget 12-30-12 3
 Halftime: Giants 35, Eagles 7. Estee 12-30-12 4
 You snooze, you lose. Estee 12-30-12 6
   RE: You snooze, you lose. Snidget 12-30-12 7
       RE: You snooze, you lose. Snidget 12-30-12 8
           RE: You snooze, you lose. Estee 12-30-12 9
               RE: You snooze, you lose. Snidget 12-30-12 10
 Bye-bye-bye week. Estee 12-30-12 11
   RE: Bye-bye-bye week. Max Headroom 12-30-12 15
 Nine yards byoffer 12-30-12 13
   RE: Nine yards Estee 12-30-12 14
 Last game AyaK 12-30-12 16
   RE: Last game byoffer 12-30-12 17
       RE: Last game cahaya 12-31-12 19
   RE: Last game PepeLePew13 12-30-12 18
       RE: Last game Estee 12-31-12 21
   RE: Last game Estee 12-31-12 20
 RE: Week #17 NFL complaining thread... samboohoo 12-31-12 22
 Firings AyaK 12-31-12 23
   RE: Firings Estee 12-31-12 24
       RE: Firings AyaK 12-31-12 25
   A Lovey One Bites The Dust. Estee 12-31-12 26
       Two more AyaK 12-31-12 28
           And still more AyaK 12-31-12 29
               RE: And still more Estee 12-31-12 30
                   The count AyaK 12-31-12 31
                       RE: The count HobbsofMI 01-01-13 32
                       RE: The count PepeLePew13 01-01-13 33
 A tribute to Andy Reid. Estee 12-31-12 27

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

12-30-12, 01:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Week #17 NFL complaining thread."
As long as the Colts don't end up in Foxborough next weekend, I'll have no complaints. And even though Belicheat has a devious mind, I doubt he'll convince his troops to lose at home to the Dolphins.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

12-30-12, 04:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Week #17 NFL complaining thread."
You think the Patriots have free will? That's so cute!

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

12-30-12, 07:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Week #17 NFL complaining thread."
Take that, Texans! Fine win with Coach Pagano back on the sideline. The Texans are back in their usual form and may end up hosting the Bungles next weeks.

The Ravens will be hosting the Colts, so Max's Christmas wish comes true, we won't play in Foxboro in the wild card round.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

12-30-12, 02:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Week #17 NFL complaining thread."
LAST EDITED ON 12-30-12 AT 03:02 PM (EST)

So what do the Saints get for throwing the game? So far their hearts don't seem to be in it.

Between the no, not me, I'm not going to actually catch the ball you threw right into my hands and the I'll just stand real still right here until they sack me...

And the just let that guy walk down to the end of the line and walk the ball into the endzone defensive play they just did. I mean really that Panther guy seemed to have that "where is my tackle, there is supposed to be an earth shattering tackle aimed at me while I do this" look on his helmet as he sauntered into the endzone.

12-30-12, 03:09 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "Oops"
LAST EDITED ON 12-30-12 AT 03:18 PM (EST)

I think they heard me, the Ain'ts woke up, at least for this drive.

Hey, even the announcer said the Saints apparently do this regularly, it's their MO, lull the other team to sleep before actually starting to really play.

12-30-12, 03:46 PM (EST)
4. "Halftime: Giants 35, Eagles 7."
Behold the team which always wins when it matters least.

12-30-12, 04:38 PM (EST)
6. "You snooze, you lose."
The Falcons seem to be enjoying their nap.

Meanwhile, the Giants are counting on the Lions, which is comedic in and of itself -- but the Lions are staying close enough to give the fanbase false hope. There was a "Let's Go Lions!" chant at Metlife a few minutes ago. That's going to take a while to live down...

Okay, there we go: Detroit's on the verge of giving a touchdown to make it a two-score futility. And in response, Eli throws another touchdown of his own.

No pressure. Literally.

12-30-12, 05:00 PM (EST)
7. "RE: You snooze, you lose."
Ain'ts went back to sleep.

Deangelo Williams did a rather impressive Russian split jump over the cameraman by the endzone.

12-30-12, 05:24 PM (EST)
8. "RE: You snooze, you lose."
I post, the Ain'ts wake up.

*sigh*

12-30-12, 05:46 PM (EST)
9. "RE: You snooze, you lose."
Cam was supposed to have a chance at all those records today and the only thing you're giving him is Most Times Jinxed By Snidget, Career. What did the poor man ever do to you?

(They did win. I'm guessing you hid in the bathroom.)

*checks scoreboard* So not only are the Giants out for the postseason from self-inflicted foot shots, but the Bears now have their assisted chance and the Redskins have no out but the W. The Jets have finished embarrassing themselves (in style!), the Throw-Off went (reluctantly) to the Bengals, and the Colts shaved Texan tail before branding it. Active day for not much really happening.

12-30-12, 05:52 PM (EST)
10. "RE: You snooze, you lose."
LAST EDITED ON 12-30-12 AT 05:57 PM (EST)

There was a time when I thought my mother was crazy with this not watching sports because she was a jinx thing...

When they say women have a tendency to turn into their mothers, I didn't think this would be what was meant by that.

But hey, it's getting better, I did see Cam win a couple of games this season. *sigh*

ETA: *checks standings* but hey at least of the 3 count them, three, 7 and 9 teams in the NFC South we won all the tie breakers to be in second place.

12-30-12, 06:57 PM (EST)
11. "Bye-bye-bye week."
"We're a working-class team! The only way we take a week off is when our owners steal our salaries and force us to strike!"

Texans? Packers? At this rate, it could be both.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

12-30-12, 11:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Bye-bye-bye week."
Texans? Packers? At this rate, it could be both.

YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUP!

Sorry, DW is watching "Storage Wars" again.

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

12-30-12, 08:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "Nine yards"
After over 2100, that is how much Peterson missed Dickerson's record by. Ouch.

But his team is in the playoffs. They kicked a FG to win it. Missing the FG and Peterson would likely have gotten the record. But the playoffs were the real goal.

Kudos to Peterson for a fantastic season and keeping his focus right - when interviewed by Suzie Oliver after the game he honestly seemed to have no idea how close he was to the record and instead said that playing again next week was the goal.

I wonder what this guy will do next season. Wow.

12-30-12, 09:24 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Nine yards"
I've never seen it tracked (and didn't care enough to look, especially since I just thought of it), but it wouldn't surprise me if someone is keeping stats on something like Yards Negated: the additional count a player would have if a penalty hadn't canceled the play. Wonder what that number looked like.

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

12-30-12, 11:45 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "Last game"
LAST EDITED ON 12-30-12 AT 11:48 PM (EST)

You'd think that both the Redskins and the Cowboys had golf outings scheduled for Tuesday, because neither team looks like it wants to make the playoffs. But Alfred Morris of the Skins apparently doesn't golf.

21-10, Skins, with 11 minutes to go.

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

12-30-12, 11:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Last game"
Skins seem to want it more though.

What a nice game to watch - first penalty with less than 9 minutes left in the 4th quarter!

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

12-31-12, 00:30 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "RE: Last game"
Morris rushes for an even 200 yards with 3 TD's, wow. RG3 adds another 67 yards and a TD, and the Skins look like a completely different team second half of this year.

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

12-30-12, 11:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Last game"
Well... Tony Romo is a scratch golfer, he's had plenty of practice. It's a tradition for him to stink it up in his final game of the season.

12-31-12, 00:39 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Last game"
To be fair, once you reach this stage or a little beyond, any game you stink it up in was probably your last one of the season.

He ended the game on his back. I'm not sure Texas is going to let him get up again.

Does he get the Sanchize tag?

12-31-12, 00:34 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Last game"
I checked back in with the game just in time for Romo to throw his interception. (Eli should totally sue for copyright infringement.) Greetings from the NFCLeast!

If you like conspiracy theories, note that this gets the big three from the quarterback rookie class into the playoffs and puts two against each other immediately -- but there's no way Jerry Jones would ever cooperate. For less than, say, eighty million.

samboohoo 17076 desperate attention whore postings

12-31-12, 10:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Week #17 NFL complaining thread."
No complaints here - except that I forgot to record the entire game.

NFC East Champs! Happy Girl.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

12-31-12, 11:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "Firings"
Romeo Crennel by the Chiefs, check.
Pat Shurmer by the Browns, check. Those two were givens.

GM Tom Heckert by the Browns, check.
GM Mike Tannenbaum by the Jets, check. The team should've kept Eric Mangini and fired Tannenbaum back them. But The Mouth That Roared stays, for unknown reasons.
GM Gene Smith by the Jaguars, check. Still no announcement on Mike Mularkey.

Still to come: Andy Reid, Norv Turner, A.J. Smith, hopefully Jim Schwartz, and probably a few surprises.

12-31-12, 11:35 AM (EST)
24. "RE: Firings"
@#$% it, I was just about to start The Coaching Cliff thread.

(Roger Goodell just came out in favor of economic collapse, stating that it'll finally get all those annoying fans out of the seats and allow every stadium to be 100% filled with corporate luxury boxes. Plus he can afford it, so the hell with everyone else. Oh, and you're fined.)

Not sure how I feel about the Reidiot going out. I can't completely believe it'll really happen, plus it would be losing two great comedies every year and as a nation, we could really use the laughs right now.

Do the Bears make a change? Someone has to take the hit for this.

Can the Jets fire their owner, who needs to assume the share of blame that is his due? No. But the fanbase can refuse to pay for the corporate luxury boxes and force Woody to shell out for the Santract from his own pocket. That'll come within 0.005% of showing him!

Jon Gruden has made it known that he would be happy to take pretty much any open job right up until the moment you interview him for it.

*checks ESPN in the middle of post*

And DOWN GOES ANDY!

12-31-12, 12:06 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Firings"
And Andy has now been joined by Chan Gailey from the Bills on the unemployment lines. Still more to come.

12-31-12, 12:08 PM (EST)
26. "A Lovey One Bites The Dust."
The Bears made it official -- and it sounds like the Bills are about to follow suit.

Wonder how many of these people will be re-employed next season. The eternal battle cry of the NFL: 'We can make it work with someone else's failure, because at least that person has experience and new things scare us!'

Of course, for much of the NFL, radio qualifies as new.

12-31-12, 03:14 PM (EST)
28. "Two more"
Norv Turner and GM A.J. Smith have officially been added to the trash heap.

12-31-12, 03:50 PM (EST)
29. "And still more"
Cardinals fire GM Rod Graves and head coach Ken Whisenhunt. Black Monday. indeed.

12-31-12, 04:08 PM (EST)
30. "RE: And still more"
Only 1,999,989 fiscal cliff job losses to go!

I'm hoping Tubya will make it 1,999,988 before sunset.

12-31-12, 11:32 PM (EST)
31. "The count"
12: seven head coaches and 5 GMs.

So far.

HCs: Romeo Crennel, Lovie Smith, Ken Whitsenhunt, Chan Gailey, Andy Reid, Pat Shurmur, Norv Turner.
GMs: Gene Smith, Mike Tannenbaum, Rod Graves, Tom Heckert, A. J. Smith.

But Jim Schwartz still has a job. Are the Lions that stupid? Wait, don't answer that, because we all know the answer. Two words: Matt Millen.

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

01-01-13, 01:26 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: The count"
The Lion's never fire anyone due to Mr. Ford thus why everyone loves working here (3 off assistants did get fired).

sig Syren, bouncy by IceCat, bobble head by Tribephyl, and snoglobe by agman

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

01-01-13, 04:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: The count"

>But Jim Schwartz still has a
>job. Are the Lions
>that stupid? Wait, don't
>answer that, because we all
>know the answer. Two
>words: Matt Millen.

If Joe Cullen could still keep his job after a DUI and a drive-through visit with his willy out in the open (two separate incidents), then anything's possible in Detroit Lions land.

12-31-12, 12:33 PM (EST)
27. "A tribute to Andy Reid."
You were the one great constant of my NFL life.

Every week, you would throw away at least one timeout.

You ran when you should have passed. You passed when you should have ran. You onsided when you should have taken a nap. And then you took a nap.

You never realized you were coaching a timed game. You used the clock to count down the time until you could have popcorn. You burnt a lot of popcorn.

When challenges came, you were quick to prove you had no idea how those worked either.

You gave great press conference for a man who understood English as well as he understood football: not even remotely.

You achieved the American Dream: you were an irredeemable idiot -- and got paid for it.

I knew you would be there every week finding ways to lose games no one had ever found before. And there would be a new way the next week. Because you didn't have enough memory to recall the previous one.

You were, and remain, stupid.

The wins you gave everyone else in the league will be missed -- but not for long. Because they say you may be headed to San Diego. To work with Phillip Rivers.

I look forward to the breaking of the all-time turnovers surrendered record.

A lot.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •