The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Week #13 NFL complaining thread."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-29-12, 09:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Week #13 NFL complaining thread."
Somehow Estee seems to have forgotten the utter joy that is an NFL Network broadcast. At least tonight's game has the potential to be entertaining, even though the mute button is a necessary accessory.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Nice clock management, Drew Brees. Max Headroom 11-29-12 1
 RE: Week #13 NFL complaining thread... Estee 11-30-12 2
   RE: Week #13 NFL complaining thread... Max Headroom 11-30-12 3
       RE: Week #13 NFL complaining thread... byoffer 11-30-12 4
           RE: Week #13 NFL complaining thread... cahaya 12-01-12 5
 Murder-suicide PepeLePew13 12-01-12 6
   RE: Murder-suicide kidflash212 12-01-12 7
   RE: Murder-suicide Snidget 12-01-12 8
       RE: Murder-suicide kidflash212 12-01-12 9
           RE: Murder-suicide Snidget 12-01-12 11
   RE: Murder-suicide Max Headroom 12-01-12 10
       RE: Murder-suicide cahaya 12-01-12 12
           RE: Murder-suicide Round Robin 12-02-12 13
       RE: Murder-suicide Bebo 12-02-12 15
           RE: Murder-suicide Estee 12-02-12 18
   Browns Suicide? Snidget 12-02-12 14
       RE: Browns Suicide? Bebo 12-02-12 16
   RE: Murder-suicide Estee 12-02-12 19
       RE: Murder-suicide Snidget 12-02-12 21
           RE: Murder-suicide Estee 12-02-12 22
               RE: Murder-suicide Bebo 12-02-12 24
                   Dear Optimist Estee 01-08-13 60
   RE: Murder-suicide byoffer 12-02-12 32
       RE: Murder-suicide AyaK 12-02-12 33
           RE: Murder-suicide Snidget 12-03-12 47
               RE: Murder-suicide byoffer 12-03-12 48
                   RE: Murder-suicide cahaya 12-03-12 50
                       RE: Murder-suicide byoffer 12-03-12 51
                           RE: Murder-suicide cahaya 12-03-12 52
               RE: Murder-suicide AyaK 12-03-12 53
                   RE: Murder-suicide Snidget 12-03-12 54
   Eerie similarity Snidget 12-03-12 45
 Faint praise. Estee 12-02-12 17
   Pass efficiency. Estee 12-02-12 20
       We saw it. Estee 12-02-12 27
           RE: We saw it. AyaK 12-02-12 34
               RE: We saw it. Estee 12-03-12 41
                   RE: We saw it. Max Headroom 12-03-12 42
                       RE: We saw it. AyaK 12-03-12 43
                           RE: We saw it. cahaya 12-03-12 44
                           RE: We saw it. byoffer 12-03-12 46
 Panthers vs. Chiefs. Estee 12-02-12 23
   RE: Panthers vs. Chiefs. Bebo 12-02-12 25
       RE: Panthers vs. Chiefs. AyaK 12-02-12 35
 Patriots vs. Dolphins. Estee 12-02-12 26
   RE: Patriots vs. Dolphins. Snidget 12-02-12 28
       RE: Patriots vs. Dolphins. Estee 12-02-12 29
 What a Freaking Finish samboohoo 12-02-12 30
   RE: What a Freaking Finish Snidget 12-02-12 31
       RE: What a Freaking Finish Max Headroom 12-02-12 36
           RE: What a Freaking Finish cahaya 12-03-12 39
               RE: What a Freaking Finish samboohoo 12-03-12 40
       RE: What a Freaking Finish AyaK 12-02-12 37
           RE: What a Freaking Finish HobbsofMI 12-03-12 49
       RE: What a Freaking Finish HobbsofMI 12-02-12 38
 Monday Nighter byoffer 12-03-12 55
   RE: Monday Nighter cahaya 12-03-12 56
   17-16 Skins cahaya 12-04-12 57
       RE: 17-16 Skins Jims02 12-04-12 58
 CBS drops every ball there is. Estee 12-04-12 59

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

11-29-12, 11:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Nice clock management, Drew Brees."
Apparently New Orleans didn't need a field goal before halftime after all.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-12, 04:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Week #13 NFL complaining thread."
I was viewing the utter joy that is a performance of the Nutcracker Ballet as rendered by the Moscow troupe. Considerably less fumbles, about twenty percent of the plot, twice the footwork, and fifteen times the number of false endings. I'm still not sure it's actually over.

So as I understand it, the logic of the NFL experts is as follows:

A. The Falcons are now 11-1.
B. The Falcons svck.

Imagine how bad they would be if they were 12-0.

11-30-12, 08:59 AM (EST)
3. "RE: Week #13 NFL complaining thread."
While saying the Falcons svck is a stretch, if I were a fan of an NFC contender like the Packers, Giants, 49ers, etc., I would not be too worried about a playoff game in Atlanta. Other than a burst in the first quarter, the Saints outplayed the Falcons for most of the game. Playing at home, the Falcons had four consecutive 3-and-outs against the NFL's statistically worst defense.

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

11-30-12, 04:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Week #13 NFL complaining thread."
Atlanta has the worst red-zone offense I have seen from an 11-1 team.

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

12-01-12, 03:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Week #13 NFL complaining thread."
The Falcons are the epitome of the "corporate franchise", grey-haired COO coach on down to the executive QB and men on the front line.

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

12-01-12, 12:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "Murder-suicide"
LAST EDITED ON 12-01-12 AT 01:18 PM (EST)

This morning, Chiefs LB Jovan Belcher apparently killed his girlfriend then drove to Arrowhead where he was confronted by coaches, then committed suicide in front of them.

That's got to be difficult for the coaches and the team - impossible to do your jobs and focus when something like this happens to one of the players on your team. Apparently the game is going to go ahead and the Carolina players have been told to go ahead and fly to K.C. at 1:15 pm as scheduled. Rumours abound that game is being moved to Monday, but I don't know how KC and in particular their coaches who witnessed this can possibly do their preps for the game.

ETA: It seems it was GM Scott Pioli and HC Romeo Crennel who were outside trying to avoid further incidents and Belcher thanked them before taking his own life. New reports suggest that some teammates were there as well.

ETA again: Conflicting reports going on - after numerous reports said it was a murder-suicide, now there's a report out saying that girlfriend is in critical condition. Huh. Let's hope for her survival. Girlfriend's mother apparently was a witness to the shooting. There's a 2.5 month old child in the picture, hopefully the child will be in good hands from here on.

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

12-01-12, 01:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Murder-suicide"
That's just awful. I heard but these details are just horrific.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

12-01-12, 01:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Murder-suicide"
Here is a link: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/don_banks/12/01/chiefs-muder-suicide/?xid=si_mostpopular

Yikes!

I think they decided that if the Panthers fly out and end up flying home without playing the game it wouldn't be too much of a disruption to them, all things considered.

I think they could delay the game to Monday, but they are trying to work out what it would mean for all the other teams in the league if they tried do the game some other time, or just cancel it.

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

12-01-12, 04:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Murder-suicide"
I should have learned by now to never read the comments sections on those sites.

12-01-12, 04:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Murder-suicide"
word

12-01-12, 04:36 PM (EST)
10. "RE: Murder-suicide"
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/report-chiefs-player-kills-girlfriend-takes-own-life-154951891--nfl.html

Is there really a need to play the game? The only thing the outcome will affect is the #1 overall pick in next year's draft.

12-01-12, 08:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: Murder-suicide"
No, there isn't although they may end up playing it (or rather, not playing it). After this grisly tragedy, who wants to play?

Round Robin 2243 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

12-02-12, 01:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Murder-suicide"
ESPN sez they're gonna play it as scheduled at 1PM Sunday.

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-12, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
15. "RE: Murder-suicide"
I'm a Panthers fan and have multiple Panthers on my ff team, and I wish this game wasn't going to be played. I don't want to watch it either.

The coach has to return to Arrowhead the day after he witnessed one of his team committing suicide there? That is cruel.

A 1-10 team vs a 3-8 team? It's pointless to play it.

12-02-12, 02:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Murder-suicide"
It's as if Goodell feels he's in an actual competition to be the worst commissioner in history and has to make up ground any way he can.

Snidget has destroyed your chances. Fear her.

12-02-12, 01:22 PM (EST)
14. "Browns Suicide?"
Can't find any other info other than people repeating what was said on the FOX pre-game show that one of the employees of the Cleveland Browns hung himself at their facility yesterday (around the same time as the KC incident I think they said)

12-02-12, 02:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Browns Suicide?"
Unfortunately, you're right.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/02/browns-employee-commits-suicide-at-team-facility/

12-02-12, 02:16 PM (EST)
19. "RE: Murder-suicide"
After the identities of the victim and murderer were released, I spent a good part of the day reloading the story waiting on one extra detail: where the baby was. No article listed whether anyone had found Zoey, what her condition was, if the grandmother had her at the time -- nothing. And I still can't get any details, but this far after the deaths, no news on her is good news: she has to be okay. But still...

I thought about Chris Benoit yesterday. A lot.

12-02-12, 02:25 PM (EST)
21. "RE: Murder-suicide"
LAST EDITED ON 12-02-12 AT 02:26 PM (EST)

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/chiefs/2012/12/01/jovan-belcher-child-custody-mother-dianne-odom/1739261/

Should be the info. Looks like his Mom has the kidlet.

Hopefully his parents and her parents can be civil about things and do what is best for the little one.

12-02-12, 02:32 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Murder-suicide"
Thankee. As long as she's safe -- although 'safe' turns into a nightmare if a custody battle starts.

One article mentioned that Kasandra was the cousin of another NFL spouse -- and her relative introduced her to the eventual killer. I've been imagining going around with that 'Have you met?' hanging over my head. Horror after horror.

12-02-12, 03:45 PM (EST)
24. "RE: Murder-suicide"
although 'safe' turns into a nightmare if a custody battle starts.

I'm going to be an optimist here, based on the limited information we have on his mother. She loved Kassandra and treated her like she was her daughter. I don't think the mother would dishonor Kassandra's memory with a nasty custody fight. His mother had enough horror yesterday - witnessing an argument, watching her son kill a woman whom she loved like a daughter, having to call 911, and then finding out that her son killed himself a short time later. I don't think she'll want to add to that.

01-08-13, 10:34 AM (EST)
60. "Dear Optimist"
Yeah, right.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/custody-fight-jovan-belcher-daughter-article-1.1234901

12-02-12, 11:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: Murder-suicide"
Sunday night half-time. Bob Costas uses his time to read a story from KC writer Jason Witlock that was very anti-gun. "If Belcher didn't have a gun, then he and Casandra would still be alive".

I am anti-gun, so totally agree.

But I am very sad about today's news, especially for that 3-month-old girl.

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-12, 11:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Murder-suicide"
>"If Belcher didn't have a gun, then he and Casandra would still be alive".

We should all know by now that Bob Costas isn't very bright. There are these things called knives that kill every bit as effectively as guns, especially when you only have one person that you're targeting. Perhaps he's forgotten about them, but anyone considering a murder wouldn't.

Costas fits the NBC profile -- stupid all the day long.

12-03-12, 12:24 PM (EST)
47. "RE: Murder-suicide"
While it is true that if you wanna kill someone bad enough you'd find a way if there were no guns...it is hard to say murdering someone with a gun and a knife are exactly equal.

The distance from which you can kill and that it takes very little skill or force I think does sometimes mean that if someone had to go get the knife and actually get in your face (unless you are really expert with a throwing knife, of course) and get all the up close and personal of it they might have a different amount of time for "do I really wanna do this?"

I do wonder how many of the gun suicides after gun murders are unplanned rather than premeditated. I know some are, but I think the ease from which, "Imma gonna scare you" to "OMG I can't live with having killed you" with guns just has a different feel to it, for me. Maybe it is just like what happens when all you have is a knife, but it just doesn't feel that way to me.

12-03-12, 12:32 PM (EST)
48. "RE: Murder-suicide"
I agree that there is a huge difference between guns and knives and the damage they do.

Lose a knife fight and more often than not one is injured. With a gun there is much more likelihood of the injury being fatal.

12-03-12, 04:12 PM (EST)
50. "RE: Murder-suicide"
Having been on the other end of a knife fight several years ago (DW and I were held up at knife point walking back from a restaurant at night), I beg to differ. It doesn't take much skill with a razor sharp hunting knife to penetrate the skin and sever one of several arteries that would bleed someone to death well before they reached the ER. I knew this and my assailant knew it and when he went after me (I drew him away from DW), I knew that I was literally fighting for my life.

I do get Snidget's point about the "personal-ness" of the attack, where a knife fight is a lot more personal (and physical), possibly requiring considerable effort, whereas with a gun someone can stand off and simply squeeze a trigger.

12-03-12, 04:16 PM (EST)
51. "RE: Murder-suicide"
I am not saying that a knife isn't dangerous and scary (your story sounds very scary - where was that?). But given my drothers, I would choose to get hurt by a knife before a gun.

I also think that it takes a little more skill (and proximity) for a knife to be dangerous. A knife can't accidentally go off like a gun (think of the many accidents we hear about where kids are playing with guns and they accidentally go off).

12-03-12, 04:59 PM (EST)
52. "RE: Murder-suicide"
LAST EDITED ON 12-03-12 AT 05:00 PM (EST)

your story sounds very scary - where was that?

This was in a suburb of Kuala Lumpur and I wrote a post about it back then, although I don't recall the year offhand, about 2005.

I can say that the 5" or 6" razor-sharp hunting knife in the assailant's hand looked every bit as deadly to me as a .38 Special, but you're right, at least I had a fighting chance and didn't have to dodge any bullets. As it was, I was able to catch him by surprise as he lunged at me and I used his weight and momentum to take him down, locking his knife arm in a high-school wrestling maneuver with him pinned under me (and his knife pinned under him). Had I not been such an avid wrestler in high school, I might not be posting this today.

Malaysia is one country that does not permit citizenry to own or carry firearms (with very few exceptions) and I see that as a good thing. Use of a firearm in conducting an armed robbery is a capital crime and most perpetrators don't live to see the courtroom or the gallows.

12-03-12, 05:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
53. "RE: Murder-suicide"
You could just as easily, and perhaps with more justification, make the converse of Bob Costas' argument: had Kasandra Perkins had a gun available to her, she'd probably be alive today. In any other kind of fight with a 6'2", 240 lb. NFL starting linebacker, she'd probably still be dead.

And apparently Jovan Belcher committed the murder in front of his mother, which indicates to me that he was out of control, so I very seriously doubt Snidget's argument that a delay from knife use would have made a difference. (Ask OJ.)

Murdering your spouse in front of your mother and child says "mental illness" to me, not "gun control issue." YMMV.

12-03-12, 06:18 PM (EST)
54. "RE: Murder-suicide"
But I don't think suggesting that if there is a known mental illness issue perhaps that isn't the best household to have a gun handy. (even if locked up to keep it away from the kidlet, letting the crazy person have any sort of access to the key is not wise)

And that is what most of the gun control types want. Let's keep them out of the hands of people who either are too young to understand the consequences of shooting a bullet into someone or that are old enough but have some impairment that may make them more likely to shoot for reasons that aren't justifiable.

And I do understand the difficulties in determining who will only shoot at a person in a situation of imminent danger and those who just wanna know what it feels like to kill a person or has rage issues.

I'm not saying you can't do a lot of lethal damage with a knife, but that you can't say they have the exact same risk profile and we either need to completely unregulate guns or make you have to fill out a background check to buy a knife set at the chef store.

I mean dude probably didn't need a weapon, but somehow shooting someone from across a room is a different level of involvement than twisting a knife in their guts as the blood flows over your hand or feeling their throat as you choke the life out of them. Now sometimes actually feeling the life drain out of them is the point...

12-03-12, 12:04 PM (EST)
45. "Eerie similarity"
Local news just reported murder-suicide Suburb south of Raleigh, in-law was in th house with the 2 year old and called 911 to report the shooting. Reports say they have two older kids that were are school at the time.

They had a recent domestic disturbance call. *sigh*.

12-02-12, 02:06 PM (EST)
17. "Faint praise."
The Jets radio broadcast team just claimed Gang Green has the most mentally-prepared third-string quarterback in the National Football League.

Well, then.

12-02-12, 02:18 PM (EST)
20. "Pass efficiency."
One Sanchez pass.

One interception.

But since they're playing the Cardinals, it came back on a fourth-and-a-foot stop.

Let's see that mental preparation!

12-02-12, 05:02 PM (EST)
27. "We saw it."
McElroy The Third came in after halftime and led the Jets to -- seven points. The only seven points they scored all game.

However, the Cardinals only managed six.

Let the QB media blowup begin.

12-02-12, 11:37 PM (EST)
34. "RE: We saw it."
The Jets' third-string QB is certainly much better than the Patriots' third-string QB.

Of course, the Patriots only carry 2 QBs.

12-03-12, 09:52 AM (EST)
41. "RE: We saw it."
Ha. Ha. Ha.

For an extra laugh, please consult today's New York Post.

Things uglier than that game: Not Bloody Much.

12-03-12, 11:04 AM (EST)
42. "RE: We saw it."
Only in New York do the fans complain after wins.

12-03-12, 11:28 AM (EST)
43. "RE: We saw it."
I take it you've never been to Boston or Philadelphia then.

It's a Northeastern thing. If you don't win while looking good, it doesn't really count.

12-03-12, 11:47 AM (EST)
44. "RE: We saw it."
And to add, if you don't look good while winning, it doesn't really count either!

I'll take that ugly W over a pretty L anytime.

12-03-12, 12:20 PM (EST)
46. "RE: We saw it."
Speaking of Philadelphia, they commented in the Sunday night game that the Phillies have won a game more recently than the Eagles. Ouch.

12-02-12, 03:33 PM (EST)
23. "Panthers vs. Chiefs."
At halftime, 17-14 KC. I don't think I've ever been so thankful to not watch a game. I can imagine how awkward the announcing is and the strange state of the home crowd. But I don't want to see it.

12-02-12, 03:47 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Panthers vs. Chiefs."
I'm watching the NE-Miami game instead. During halftime they reported on the game, and the first image they showed was a pregame shot of a Chief with tears running down his cheek.

12-02-12, 11:38 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Panthers vs. Chiefs."
Maybe a lot of people thought the game was meaningless, but I know someone who didn't.

Brady Quinn.

12-02-12, 04:24 PM (EST)
26. "Patriots vs. Dolphins."
It's the fourth quarter and Hoodie's only geniused seventeen points. Is he due for an oil change?

Meanwhile, the Rams currently have a safety to the 49ers touchdown. And that's it.

12-02-12, 05:15 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Patriots vs. Dolphins."
Too bad the dueling kickers for the off-side kick at the end aimed it directly into the chest of the Patriots--flipped the channel after the game.

Dozed through most of the CAR-KC game and didn't catch anything too painful, but it did, for the most part, feel more like a scrimmage game rather than anyone going all out.

Now we got dueling OT coverage on Fox, they can't decide which one to stick with and going back and forth is a bit confusing.

12-02-12, 05:29 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Patriots vs. Dolphins."
Just have Karl Rowe call the results prematurely! That always solves everything!

samboohoo 17076 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-12, 05:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "What a Freaking Finish"
Go Colts!

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

12-02-12, 05:41 PM (EST)
31. "RE: What a Freaking Finish"
Yep, what a finish.

Did anyone check to see if Max or Cahaya needs the defibrillator?

Deck the Halls with Sigs of Tribe

12-02-12, 11:39 PM (EST)
36. "RE: What a Freaking Finish"
Been busy all day... but I watched the game and saw the finish.

12-03-12, 00:54 AM (EST)
39. "RE: What a Freaking Finish"
Saw it start to finish and never gave up on them, although it looked grim in the fourth quarter being down two scores. DW almost gave up on them and I told her, watch this, we've got a little more than a minute left to cover 80 yards. The Lions promptly gifted the first ten of those yards with two penalties.

Luck is turning out to be a good clutch QB, winning close games all season.

samboohoo 17076 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-12, 09:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
40. "RE: What a Freaking Finish"
I was too busy watching the Vikings/Packers. It's funny because we have Sunday Ticket, and I always think I'm going to watch a bunch of different games when the Redskins aren't playing, but I usually still stick with one and then end up watching the ends of various games.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

12-02-12, 11:40 PM (EST)
37. "RE: What a Freaking Finish"
I'd rather check with the Ford family to see when the Lions' new head coach is starting. It can't be long now.

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

12-03-12, 03:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
49. "RE: What a Freaking Finish"
They hung on to Wayne and Matt for how long?

The Swartz and Mayhew are not going anywhere soon.

sig Syren, bouncy by IceCat, bobble head by Tribephyl, and snoglobe by agman

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

12-02-12, 11:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: What a Freaking Finish"
I'm glad that I've been too busy to watch football, especially Lion's football.

sig Syren, bouncy by IceCat, bobble head by Tribephyl, and snoglobe by agman

12-03-12, 09:49 PM (EST)
55. "Monday Nighter"
First challenge 17 seconds into the game. It's gonna be a long night.

12-03-12, 11:19 PM (EST)
56. "RE: Monday Nighter"
LAST EDITED ON 12-03-12 AT 11:41 PM (EST)

Challenge upheld, but the Skins punt after the next three downs.

I wondered about the Skins TD, it looked like RGIII had a forward fumble that flew into another Skins player's hands and he ran it in. Wasn't there a rule about forward fumbles resulting in TD's?

Apparently not... http://www.nfl.com/rulebook/fumble

(eta) Okay, I found it, the reference to the infamous Holy Roller fumble... after the 1978 season, the NFL instituted the current rule that a forward fumble in the last two minutes of play (or on fourth down) can only be recovered and/or advanced by the player who originally fumbled.

12-04-12, 00:44 AM (EST)
57. "17-16 Skins"
Good game by Washington, controlling the line of scrimmage and confusing the Giants D with the multiple option plays that RGIII is so good at. I was impressed with his play.

Jims02 7328 desperate attention whore postings

12-04-12, 01:03 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
58. "RE: 17-16 Skins"
A lot of flukey stuff in the game, but a win is a win. The defense finally showed up in the 4th quarter when it really mattered, and the offense was able to run the ball effectively. And, most importantly, they kept it out of Eli's hands with the game on the line.

I think every person in the stadium knew the Giants had it in the bag if Eli got the ball one more time.

A 2003 IceCat original

12-04-12, 06:26 AM (EST)
59. "CBS drops every ball there is."
I was initially going to say 'Edited by MB', but that's an insult to the man and his work: not even he would go that far in misprioritizing a story.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/writers/richard_deitsch/12/03/jovan-belcher-kasandra-perkins-cbs-the-nfl-today/index.html?xid=siextra_120312

So let's go with 'Edited by Donald Trump'.

Actually, Donald either never would have mentioned the murder at all or blamed socialism.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •