The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Thanks Miami..."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-14-12, 09:33 AM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Thanks Miami..."
I left you a shiny new stadium on the nightstand.

Loria trades away 186 million in salary -

Toronto Blue Jays get:
Jose Reyes, Mark Buehrle, Josh Johnson, Emilio Bonifacio and John Buck

Miami Marlins get:
Yunel Escobar,Henderson Alvarez, Adeiny Hechavarria, Jeff Mathis, Justin Nicolino, Anthony Desclafani and Jake Marisnick.

At least all the National East jokes won't be about the Mets next year.

Capn2patch put me in motion!

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Thanks Miami... HobbsofMI 11-14-12 1
   RE: Thanks Miami... AyaK 11-15-12 5
 Two takes on the trade. Estee 11-14-12 2
   RE: Two takes on the trade. Max Headroom 11-14-12 3
       The Fourth Law Of America. Estee 11-14-12 4
           RE: The Fourth Law Of America. Round Robin 11-15-12 6
 RE: Thanks Miami... Molaholic 11-15-12 7
   Death, Taxes, NHL lockouts... Colonel Zoidberg 11-16-12 9
 Selig reviewing trade. Estee 11-15-12 8
   RE: Selig reviewing trade. PepeLePew13 11-16-12 10
       Farrell AyaK 11-27-12 12
 RE: Thanks Miami... PepeLePew13 11-26-12 11
   Want another upgrade? Estee 12-15-12 13
       RE: Want another upgrade? PepeLePew13 12-15-12 14
           Update PepeLePew13 12-15-12 15
               Agreement in principle... PepeLePew13 12-16-12 16
                   Agreement in fact. Estee 12-17-12 17
                       RE: Agreement in fact. PepeLePew13 12-17-12 18
                           For Gothmog: PepeLePew13 12-17-12 19
                               RE: For Gothmog: Estee 12-17-12 20
                                   RE: For Gothmog: PepeLePew13 12-17-12 21

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-14-12, 10:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Thanks Miami..."
Pepe is happy.

sig Syren, bouncy by IceCat, bobble head by Tribephyl, and snoglobe by agman

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-12, 00:54 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Thanks Miami..."
Only if the Jays can re-sign Josh Johnson, who stands to be a free agent after this season.

Jose Reyes has a preposterous contract for 7 years, with the last four paying him $22 million per season. He's Carl Crawford, Jr.

Mark Buerhle is in the deal because I'm sure the Jays wanted someone they could count on in return for eating all that Reyes money, just as the Red Sox had to throw in Adrian Gonzalez to entice the Dodgers to take Crawford.

But Johnson's the key. Second year after Tommy John, contract year -- he's a potential Verlander. But he's also free to split for greener pastures after this season.

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-12, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "Two takes on the trade."
http://espn.go.com/mlb/hotstove12/story/_/id/8629415/miami-marlins-long-season-2013-mlb

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/42760/theres-shrewd-theres-genius-then-theres-marlins-owner-jeffrey-loria

Ultimately, the question becomes 'Can the Marlins fanbase suffer a total numbers crash?' Less than five thousand people in the park every night, about twice that watching on TV and a slightly smaller number following on radio? Because without that, Loria is still going to make money and go on ignoring people all the way to the bank he just bought with Florida's cash. Unless the locals can pull off the equivalent of a total strike accompanied by self-lockout, all the screaming will equal what it always does: nothing. And even then, he could just sell the team and escape with a profit.

He got his. Everyone else just gets it in the face.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

11-14-12, 03:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Two takes on the trade."
Less than five thousand people in the park every night

I went to a Marlins game during their last season in the old ballpark, and that's about what they had in attendance that night. So this won't be anything new for the owner. The ridiculous part is that he still stands to make tons of money.

11-14-12, 03:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "The Fourth Law Of America."
The rich get richer.

Round Robin 2243 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

11-15-12, 01:34 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: The Fourth Law Of America."
Money talks. Bull$hit walks. Small change rides the bus.

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings

11-15-12, 12:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Thanks Miami..."
Just another "been there, done that" for Marlins fans.

Colonel Zoidberg 3645 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

11-16-12, 02:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to send private message to Colonel%20Zoidberg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Death, Taxes, NHL lockouts..."
...and now Marlins fire sales after huge payroll additions.

If a stockbroker ran a portfolio like this, he's end up fired, sued, and probably run out of town. If a corporate CEO ran his business lie this, he'd get a $100 billion bailout.

11-15-12, 07:27 PM (EST)
8. "Selig reviewing trade."
Lest you think this means anything: Selig reviewing trade.

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

11-16-12, 06:20 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Selig reviewing trade."
Biggest reason for the hold up is the number of players who were overseas and needed to get back to Toronto or Florida to pass physicals -- Reyes, for example, was in Dubai and it took a while to get him to fly out. During the season this wouldn't have taken too long as all the players would have been in town in a matter of hours.

And there's more... Add Melky Cabrera to the roster. Not the best character guy I'd like to have around but he solves a bunch of issues for the Jays in that he fills the LF and #2 slot in the batting order and he also upgrades the roster. Instead of the potential of a Rajai Davis-Emilio Bonifacio platoon in LF with Mike McCoy backing up Izturis/Bonifacio at 2nd, we now have Melky at LF, Rajai as backup, Bonifacio/Izturis at 2nd, and Izturis as a super backup at 2B, SS and 3B, with McCoy looking for a new job. Big upgrade even if Melky doesn't hit like in 2012. Having Bonifacio as backup CF improves over Rajai being Rasmus's backup as well, so we've got much greater OF flexibility in case of injuries.

Now all we need is a manager. Manny Acta, please!

Bet John Farrell is now thinking, "My dream job is actually in Toronto!". Sorry, you lose.

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

11-27-12, 01:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "Farrell"
Bet John Farrell is now thinking, "My dream job is actually in Toronto!"

Naah, Farrell has much more power in Boston coming in than he would have had in Toronto in a decade. Larry Lucchino's fiasco with Bobby Valentine has scared him off from an operations role for the time being, and there is a power void that looks to be tailor-made for Farrell, who ran player development in Cleveland for years before becoming the Red Sox' pitching coach.

11-26-12, 07:16 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Thanks Miami..."
LAST EDITED ON 11-26-12 AT 07:18 AM (EST)

Sweet. Just got tickets (my brother got a flex tix package) for the April 5th game - John Farrell's first game back in Toronto. It'll be LOUD.

A quick comparison of a typical September lineup for the Jays to their upcoming lineup:

2011 .................. 2012
LF Davis ............. SS Reyes
3B Lawrie ............ LF Cabrera
1B Encarnacion .... RF Bautista
SS Escobar ......... 1B Encarnacion
DH Lind .............. 3B Lawrie
RF Sierra ............ DH Lind
C Arencibia ......... C Arencibia
SS Hechavarria .... CF Rasmus
CF Gose ............. 2B Bonifacio

When Yunel Escobar was your clean-up hitter, you know you've had major problems in your lineup.

Pitching - going from Romero, Morrow, Villaneuva, Alvarez, Jenkins to Morrow, JJohnson, Buerhle, Romero and Happ.

Major step up, and there's depth in case of injuries that wasn't there last year. Scuttlebutt has it that the Jays aren't finished with their moves (i.e. chasing someone like Brandon McCarthy or trading from their surplus at catcher to upgrade at SP or 2B).

12-15-12, 03:37 PM (EST)
13. "Want another upgrade?"
P Dickey

http://espn.go.com/new-york/mlb/story/_/id/8749427/new-york-mets-working-ra-dickey-trade-toronto-blue-jays-source-says

Historically, good things happen when you get a pitcher from us.

Yes, I was exercising my vocabulary for some time before making this post.

12-15-12, 04:48 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Want another upgrade?"
Yeah I've been following this for the past 24 hours and the latest scuttlebutt is that it's looking more and more like a 7 player trade with 4 going to the Mets and 3 going to the Jays. Rumor has it that two catchers are going to the Mets (Buck being the other along with d'Arnaud) and one of our brightest pitching prospects, Syndergaard. If d'Arnaud and Syndergaard are both involved then there better be somebody good also coming with Dickey. D'Arnaud is a budding superstar at C if he can stay healthy.

Puns galore out there. "Anthopoulos to grab Dickey for BJs?"

12-15-12, 11:05 PM (EST)
15. "Update"
LAST EDITED ON 12-15-12 AT 11:43 PM (EST)

Looking more and more like it's just a matter of passing the physicals (always a slow process on weekends) and doing the grunt work, but it seems like there is a deal in place between the Jays and the Mets.

Also hearing that the Jays want to have a two-year extension in place for Dickey before they make the trade official so that they're not left holding the bag while giving up years of control with the two top prospects.

Jays to get:
R.A. Dickey
Josh Thole
prospect (not high end)

Mets to get:
Travis d'Arnaud
Noah Syndergaard
John Buck
prospect (not high end)

Ehhh. I think it's a bit steep for the Jays to give up as d'Arnaud and Syndergaard are both going to make an impact in the big leagues (d'Arnaud in 2013, Syndergaard probably in 2015), but at least I like that they'd get Buck's nutty contract off their books and would be getting a catcher with experience in catching Dickey's knuckleballs.

Good bet that the deal won't be made official until Monday.

Assuming this trade goes through as is, the Jays will have lost four of their top five prospects from the #1 ranked farm system (d'Arnaud, Marisnick, Syndergaard, Nicolino). Ouch.

ETA: The dimwits over at the NY Post claims that Syndergaard is 6'10". Uhh no, he's 6'4".

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/metsblog/mets_close_with_blue_jays_part_dickey_dYWkPseZZfGxQi31I9quMM#axzz2FBO08UJI

12-16-12, 02:42 PM (EST)
16. "Agreement in principle..."
...but the Jays have a 72-hour negotiating window to come up with an extension with Dickey by 2 pm on Tuesday.

12-17-12, 02:03 PM (EST)
17. "Agreement in fact."
$25,000,000 extension: trade complete.

Dickey is one of two on this week's SI cover. (Focus on sexual abuse of children: the other athlete is Kayla Harrison.)

I now consider myself jinxed.

12-17-12, 04:22 PM (EST)
18. "RE: Agreement in fact."
Well, congrats... you're getting two players that are going to make a real impact in NY - and getting Buck to go along with d'Arnaud will only benefit the latter in his development. Syndergaard has been called "Halladay-Lite" - won't be as good (nobody is) as Doc but has a lot of similar characteristics and makeup on the mound.

Dickey makes the Jays an instant favourite in the AL East with the way the free agent market is shaking out so far and the vulnerability shown by the Yanks/Sox. Rays aren't as solid as last year at the moment and the OriLOLes will be hardpressed to repeat their record-breaking feat in one-run games.

Suggested pitching rotation: Morrow (flamethrower) - Dickey (knuckler) - Johnson (hard thrower) - Romero (lefty change of pace) - Buerhle (soft-tossing lefty). Going from soft-tossing lefty to heat to knuckler to heat has the potential to screw up a batter's timing.

12-17-12, 06:22 PM (EST)
19. "For Gothmog:"
LAST EDITED ON 12-17-12 AT 06:22 PM (EST)

R.A. Dickey has a name for his bat (the baseball kind): Hrunting, named after the sword used to kill Grendel’s mother in Beowulf.

Another bat is called Orcrist the Goblin Cleaver, inspired by a weapon in J.R.R. Tolkein’s The Hobbit.

12-17-12, 07:13 PM (EST)
20. "RE: For Gothmog:"
I've seen him bat. Ohchrist I Missed It would be more appropriate.

12-17-12, 09:49 PM (EST)
21. "RE: For Gothmog:"
*eyes Dickey's career stats*

Good thing we got the DH, eh?

Not so great with the bat, but I've certainly seen a lot worse than Dickey.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •