The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Week #3 NFL Complaining Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-20-12, 08:07 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Week #3 NFL Complaining Thread"
Snidget's jinxing goes primetime!
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Week #3 NFL Complaining Thread Snidget 09-20-12 1
   RE: Week #3 NFL Complaining Thread Snidget 09-20-12 2
 RE: Week #3 NFL Complaining Thread Max Headroom 09-21-12 3
 RE: Week #3 NFL Complaining Thread Estee 09-23-12 4
 Double-edged offense. Estee 09-23-12 5
   RE: Double-edged offense. Snidget 09-23-12 6
 Is TAR starting tonight? Estee 09-23-12 7
   RE: Is TAR starting tonight? Snidget 09-23-12 12
 Upsets, upsets everywhere... Estee 09-23-12 8
 The NFLPA has a complaint. Estee 09-23-12 9
 That's odd... Estee 09-23-12 10
 That doesn't look good Snidget 09-23-12 11
 RE: Week #3 NFL Complaining Thread Max Headroom 09-23-12 13
   RE: Week #3 NFL Complaining Thread Estee 09-24-12 14
 The Monday Night Challenge. Estee 09-24-12 15
   RE: The Monday Night Challenge. Snidget 09-24-12 16
       The replacement refs win! AyaK 09-25-12 19
           RE: The replacement refs win! Breezy 09-25-12 23
               RE: The replacement refs win! byoffer 09-25-12 25
                   RE: The replacement refs win! PepeLePew13 09-25-12 26
   *shakes head* PepeLePew13 09-25-12 17
       RE: *shakes head* cahaya 09-25-12 18
           RE: *shakes head* AyaK 09-25-12 20
               RE: *shakes head* Round Robin 09-25-12 21
               RE: *shakes head* cahaya 09-25-12 29
               Joint possession cahaya 09-25-12 30
       RE: *shakes head* Max Headroom 09-25-12 22
   So... Estee 09-25-12 24
 The NFL lies to your face. Estee 09-25-12 27
   RE: The NFL lies to your face. HobbsofMI 09-25-12 31
   The official NFL response cahaya 09-25-12 32
 Tweet reactions. Estee 09-25-12 28
 The fanbase starts to express itsel... Estee 09-25-12 33

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

09-20-12, 08:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Week #3 NFL Complaining Thread"
To check ESPN to see if I can jinx Cam through the interwebs rather than through the TV screen or not to check ESPN.

That is the question.

Whether 'tis nobler to attempt the jinx
or to sleep, perhaps to dream of Lombardi trophies.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

09-20-12, 10:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Week #3 NFL Complaining Thread"
*peeks*

Well hey, at least it isn't a shut out.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

09-21-12, 08:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Week #3 NFL Complaining Thread"
Max's first rule of fantasy football: Whenever a player lays an egg, he's always on your roster and never on your opponents' rosters. Thanks, Cam, for proving me right yet again.

09-23-12, 02:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Week #3 NFL Complaining Thread"
I'm gradually beginning to realize the horror of two things:

Any offense possessed by the Jets is mainly an illusion.

I counted on Alex Smith.

09-23-12, 03:07 PM (EST)
5. "Double-edged offense."
Jets get down to the Dolphin three-yard line. Ryan sends in Tubya.

Tubya takes the ball, scrambles backwards, runs around as if recently decapitated, refuses to throw the thing, and gets dropped for a four-yard loss. Ryan sends in Sanchez.

Sanchez immediately throws the ball into the end zone for an interception.

The above took six different coaches to plan.

09-23-12, 03:10 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Double-edged offense."
It is almost as if they are trying to kill Estee rather than just suffering from terminal incompetence.

09-23-12, 04:36 PM (EST)
7. "Is TAR starting tonight?"
Overtime.

Overtime.

*waits out last play*

...yep, overtime.

09-23-12, 07:42 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Is TAR starting tonight?"
No, I think they were avoiding the Emmy's for the premiere.

But 7:41 Game on here is tied, 6:30 left to play, even if it was on the schedule it may not have started until morning anyway.

09-23-12, 06:07 PM (EST)
8. "Upsets, upsets everywhere..."
...and not a penny (of gambler profit) goes clink.

This? Is why I don't pick more than one game a week. As a famous relief pitcher once sort of said, I'm better off when it only takes one action to find out I'm (bleep)ed. The self-titled professionals are going to be making some interesting excuses tomorrow, and they'll have made every last one of them before.

Over and over and overtimes, the Titans burn down a barn and take out more of Detroit's infrastructure, the Broncos are doing great as long as they don't try to get more than three points at a time, the Vikings gored out half the suicide pool with the horns they're not supposed to have, the Saints went marching out, oh, and once again: icing the kicker doesn't work. (But it's an issue with no fix: you can't tell coaches they're not allowed to call timeout.)

This can't just be the quasi-officials, can't it?

And no one bring up Long Counts.

Thanks going out to the camera operator in Miami who put Tubya on KissCam. Pity it didn't work.

09-23-12, 06:20 PM (EST)
9. "The NFLPA has a complaint."
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8416646/union-asks-nfl-owners-end-officials-lockout-cites-lack-safe-working-environment

I'd thank them for registering an opinion, but that took a couple of months longer than it should have.

09-23-12, 07:12 PM (EST)
10. "That's odd..."
FOX just lost the NY feed. The Cardinals/Eagles game got knocked off the air for several minutes, replaced by (in turn) a program code schedule, an announcement that using or reproducing that schedule was against the law, and the first couple of minutes for an American Dad episode. The game then returned, but with unstable video. I guess the upsets are getting to everybody.

They did manage to present a fun Vick stat: at the time of reveal, he'd been sacked five times, knocked down eleven, and hit twenty. Gonna be a fun meeting for the line tomorrow.

09-23-12, 07:24 PM (EST)
11. "That doesn't look good"
Got home and they are putting Darius on a stretcher and all strapped down, oh good, he gave a thumbs up, I was afraid there wasn't any movement at all. Didn't see what happened, but couldn't have been good.

The highway wasn't much better, got in a bad tie up from a bad accident on the way out, then saw a fire truck in the same position blocking lanes so they could work the accident on the way back, several hours later...wait that can't be the same, nope another accident, just as bad, also needing everything but the far left lane blocked off.

*sigh*

09-23-12, 10:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Week #3 NFL Complaining Thread"
Nice defense by the Colts, giving up an 80-yard touchdown pass with 45 seconds left in the game. Let's see, the Jaguars are behind in the game and there's less than one minute left, maybe they might run a pass play...

Dumbasses.

09-24-12, 11:45 AM (EST)
14. "RE: Week #3 NFL Complaining Thread"
Salute your Shorts?

09-24-12, 06:33 PM (EST)
15. "The Monday Night Challenge."
How can the refplacements screw up more than they did on Sunday? Predict the carnage! (And hope no players get hurt from it.) Just don't expect any forecasts from the Patriots base: I'm not sure they're still capable of typing...

Meanwhile, the Jets have lost Revis for the year. So their next challenge is to give up less than fifty points in the next game. They will fail.

By the way, did you know you can challenge a call even if you're down to zero on timeouts? It's absolutely true! -- now.

09-24-12, 06:52 PM (EST)
16. "RE: The Monday Night Challenge."
At least the FCC isn't going to fine the networks for airing manure chants.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/09/24/sunday-night-fooball-fcc-will-not-punish-nbc-for-airing-bullsh-t-chant/

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-12, 00:17 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "The replacement refs win!"
LAST EDITED ON 09-25-12 AT 00:29 AM (EST)

Honestly, I didn't believe it was possible to referee a game more incompetently than the replacement refs did in the Sunday night Patriots-Ravens game.

But the replacement refs at the Monday night Packers-Seahawks game took that not as a cautionary tale but as a challenge. And they succeeded! Those were unquestionably the two consecutive worst refereed games in NFL history, but the Monday night one was even worse!

This pushed me over the brink. I'm giving up until the regular refs come back, if they come back. It stuns me that this whole fiasco starts with the fact that the NFL, the richest pro sports league in the history of the world, is putting this crappy product on the field because it wants to get out of paying its defined-benefit retirement plan to the part-timers who have served as NFL refs. My understanding is that the refs agreed to move to a defined contribution plan for new hires but drew the line at giving up vested pension benefits, and the NFL locked them out and put on this farce because the billionaires who own the teams couldn't live with that.

By the way, I believe NFL owners are about evenly split between Democrats (Robert Kraft, Steve Tisch, Dan Rooney, Jeff Lurie, Arthur Blank, Steven Bisciotti, Zygi Wilf, Stan Kroenke) and Republicans (Jerry Jones, Dan Snyder, Clark Hunt, Alex Spanos, Woody Johnson, Stephen Ross, Robert McNair, Bill Bidwell), so this isn't a political thing. It's just a "destroy-your-product-in-order-to-make-more-money" thing.

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-12, 08:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: The replacement refs win!"
I'm pushed over too. No more football for me until the refs are back.

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-12, 08:48 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
25. "RE: The replacement refs win!"
Will people really stay away? Will corporate sponsors really cut their sponsorship?

There was a comment made over the weekend by one of the broadcasters, that despite the degredation of the product because of all the bad calls, the owners are still making money hand over fist.

Maybe a bigger question might be will the players ever support the refs and stop playing. Are they any less safe because of the replacement refs? Certainly there seems to be a lot more cheap shots (I have no data), but are there more injuries?

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-12, 09:06 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: The replacement refs win!"
Part of the problem is that there's still record attendance and record TV ratings, partly because people are tuning in to see what's going on after all the buzz about the refs.

The NFL's bottom line isn't being hurt in the least bit. Heck, the NFL execs spend about as much on their dry cleaning as what the pay increases per referee they're looking for would equal.

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-12, 00:00 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "*shakes head*"
LAST EDITED ON 09-25-12 AT 00:33 AM (EST)

WORST.CALL.EVER

Biggest MNF embarrassment ever and it looks good on the NFL for trying to be cheapskates with the refs and having this completely blow up in their faces thinking they could get away with having incompetent buffoons out there as replacements.

Green Bay might as well have saved their flight tickets and hotel bookings and not bothered to show up, just forfeit the game.

Hey... that's the first time I've ever seen a 00:00 AM as a post time. Cool.

Upon further review, it's been overturned and the time is actually 12:00 noon on 09-24-12.

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-12, 00:04 AM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: *shakes head*"
Worst call ever, followed by an ever worse official review that upheld it!

Tate didn't catch the ball, and he shoved a GB player out of the play which should have drawn a flag anyway.

Goodell had better suck it up and get the regular officiating crew on the field by next week, although very recent negotiations collapsed with the two side still too far apart.

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-12, 00:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "RE: *shakes head*"
The simultaneous possession rule requires that both players catch the ball at the same time, not that one catches it and the other tries to rip it away from him.

But the truth is, I could have accepted the simultaneous call if it weren't preceded by the refs blowing two offensive pass interference calls, including one on the game-ending touchdown that should have ended the game with a Packers victory (because the game CAN end on a penalty on the offense) and another that was inexplicably called defensive pass interference, giving the offensive player (Sidney Rice) a 30+ yard gain as a reward for his foul against the defender (Sam Shields), as well as an absolute rash of calls so bad that even I might have been able to do better.

Round Robin 2243 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Roller Coaster Inaugurator"

09-25-12, 01:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Round%20Robin Click to send private message to Round%20Robin Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: *shakes head*"
I don't care what procedures they have to shortcut or how bad a contract they have to give the real refs to get it done. If they don't get real refs back on the field before the next game, Badell needs to be hung yesterday if not sooner. Postpone the next week of games till January if you have to and delay the playoffs a week, but these fake refs must never work another game.

09-25-12, 01:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: *shakes head*"
LAST EDITED ON 09-25-12 AT 01:13 PM (EST)

Double post due to lag

09-25-12, 01:03 PM (EST)
30. "Joint possession"
It seems some officials had joint possession even before the game began.

*puff*

09-25-12, 08:06 AM (EST)
22. "RE: *shakes head*"
Unbelievable. That is all.

09-25-12, 08:24 AM (EST)
24. "So..."
...anyone predict that?

No?

...shut up, Goodell.

09-25-12, 10:11 AM (EST)
27. "The NFL lies to your face."
The league is now claiming they will review and speak on the result of Monday's game at some point in the future.

'Some point' was not even remotely specified.

Nor who was the party they would speak to.

Or whether a shrug constituted speaking.

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

09-25-12, 02:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "RE: The NFL lies to your face."
Sounds like what they were going to do after the "non-catch" by Calvin vs. the Bears two years ago. Nothing changed.

sig Syren, bouncy by IceCat, bobble head by Tribephyl, and snoglobe by agman

09-25-12, 03:08 PM (EST)
32. "The official NFL response"
NFL statement.

Item 1, end of game (not):

While the ball is in the air, Tate can be seen shoving Green Bay cornerback Sam Shields to the ground. This should have been a penalty for offensive pass interference, which would have ended the game. It was not called and is not reviewable in instant replay.

Item 2: end of game:

In the end zone, a ruling of a simultaneous catch is reviewable. That is not the case in the field of play, only in the end zone.

Referee Wayne Elliott determined that no indisputable visual evidence existed to overturn the call on the field, and as a result, the on-field ruling of touchdown stood. The NFL Officiating Department reviewed the video today and supports the decision not to overturn the on-field ruling following the instant replay review.

The result of the game is final.

It's like, I ate my little sister's Halloween candy, but I didn't steal it!

09-25-12, 10:26 AM (EST)
28. "Tweet reactions."
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2012-09-25/twitter-reaction-to-packers-seahawks-ending

And one that came in too late to make that list, from David Nelson: "So much to say, so little room in the pocketbook."

09-25-12, 04:24 PM (EST)
33. "The fanbase starts to express itself."
http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/37965/the-sports-guys-mailbox-anti-replacement-refs-edition

Unfortunately, since this isn't thirty percent or more staying home, turning off their TVs, and asking for their PSL money back? No effect.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •