The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Week #2 NFL Complaining Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-14-12, 07:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Week #2 NFL Complaining Thread"
Has anyone reached six thousand yards yet?

No?

Hmph. Lazy quarterbacks.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Week #2 NFL Complaining Thread Breezy 09-14-12 1
   RE: Week #2 NFL Complaining Thread Max Headroom 09-14-12 2
   RE: Week #2 NFL Complaining Thread sittem 09-14-12 3
   Memo to Jay Cutler: PepeLePew13 09-14-12 4
 CBS Sunday Schedule Snidget 09-16-12 5
   RE: CBS Sunday Schedule Snidget 09-16-12 18
 Huh? Snidget 09-16-12 6
   RE: Huh? cahaya 09-16-12 7
       RE: Huh? Snidget 09-16-12 8
           RE: Huh? PepeLePew13 09-16-12 10
       Yahoo Survival League Decimated Bebo 09-16-12 11
           RE: Yahoo Survival League Decimated Snidget 09-16-12 12
               RE: Yahoo Survival League Decimated Bebo 09-16-12 13
                   And then there were two... Bebo 09-16-12 20
                       RE: And then there were two... Max Headroom 09-16-12 21
                       RE: And then there were two... Breezy 09-17-12 23
       RE: Huh? bullzeye 09-16-12 14
           RE: Huh? Estee 09-16-12 16
               RE: Huh? Snidget 09-16-12 17
 2 Games, 9 Turnovers Snidget 09-16-12 9
   RE: 2 Games, 9 Turnovers Estee 09-16-12 15
 It's the perfect time to attack! Estee 09-16-12 19
   RE: It's the perfect time to attack... PepeLePew13 09-16-12 22
       RE: It's the perfect time to attack... Estee 09-17-12 24
 The no-calls take over. Estee 09-17-12 25
   RE: The no-calls take over. Jims02 09-17-12 26
       RE: The no-calls take over. cahaya 09-17-12 30
   RE: The no-calls take over. Snidget 09-17-12 31
 Denver vs. Atlanta Estee 09-17-12 27
   RE: Denver vs. Atlanta cahaya 09-17-12 28
       RE: Denver vs. Atlanta Estee 09-17-12 29
           RE: Denver vs. Atlanta cahaya 09-17-12 32
               RE: Denver vs. Atlanta Estee 09-17-12 34
       RE: Denver vs. Atlanta PepeLePew13 09-17-12 33
           RE: Denver vs. Atlanta cahaya 09-17-12 35
   RE: Denver vs. Atlanta byoffer 09-17-12 36
       RE: Denver vs. Atlanta cahaya 09-18-12 37
 Just make something up! Estee 09-18-12 38
   RE: Just make something up! byoffer 09-18-12 39
       RE: Just make something up! Estee 09-18-12 40
           RE: Just make something up! byoffer 09-18-12 43
 "I need you for my fantasy team" PepeLePew13 09-18-12 41
   RE: "I need you for my fantasy team... Estee 09-18-12 42

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

09-14-12, 10:13 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Week #2 NFL Complaining Thread"
Wooooohoooo no complaining about last night. Go Packers!!!

IceCat is da man! GO PACK GO!!!!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

09-14-12, 11:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Week #2 NFL Complaining Thread"
To me it was a mixed bag. Mr. Rodgers hosed one of my fantasy football teams with his second straight subpar performance, but the Packers DST helped another of my teams.

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-14-12, 03:04 PM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Week #2 NFL Complaining Thread"
Stayed up until 4 a.m. to watch it all - worth every second, though I got a little nervous after the 4th Q pick and subsequent touchdown. It was great to see the defense come to life and I think the offense will hit it's stride soon. Both SF and Chi have tough defenses for GB.

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

09-14-12, 04:51 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "Memo to Jay Cutler:"
... shut up.

He's been in the NFL long enough to know better than to give the Packers secondary an extra bit of motivation with his "good luck" comments.

And to publicly go off on Webb for his blocking? Yah you got sacked a few times, but so did Rodgers. You still got to make your throws and not make so many boneheaded moves.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-12, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "CBS Sunday Schedule"
Soooo....looks like they decided to just make the primetime line up 1/2 hour later on Sundays as a regular thing?

So how much harder will the NFL have to try to make sure everything is still late and delayed? Every.Single.Sunday?

09-16-12, 07:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: CBS Sunday Schedule"
And even with 30 minute scheduled delay, we are still late for CBS line up.

09-16-12, 02:59 PM (EST)
6. "Huh?"
CAR 28:NO 13???

That can't be right. I'm watching the game?!?!

Maybe losing the ref who was a Saints fan right before the game demoralized them. Or the lack of bonus pay for killing Cam...

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-12, 04:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Huh?"
And Pats' Gostkowski misses a 42-yarder in the final seconds to fall to the Cardinals 20-18. The shocked look in the Pats' faces? priceless!

09-16-12, 04:37 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Huh?"
Ayak can blame me, I had the Cardinals in the Suicide Game, and I guess my Jinx had to go somewhere if it bounced off the Panthers.

09-16-12, 05:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Huh?"
Ditto, I had the Cards.

Sorry, Bloomberg... Estee's game got me first before you could get me for having a 32oz container.

I hope the Pats players know what they're in for at the next practice.

Bebo 20880 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-12, 05:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "Yahoo Survival League Decimated"
11 of the 12 players survived week 1.

3 were eliminated for not getting picks in by Thursday. Sittem, even if your Tampa Bay pick had counted, you would have been eliminated this week anyway.

Out of the 8 who made picks, 5 picked New England. Over 44% of all of the Yahoo Survival players got eliminated this week because of that game.

Two are definitely through to the third week, while RG3 holds the hopes of the final picker.

09-16-12, 05:50 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Yahoo Survival League Decimated"
If I had to die, at least I took a lot of people with me?

09-16-12, 06:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Bebo Click to send private message to Bebo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Yahoo Survival League Decimated"
Thanks to the Bungles, I am now guaranteed a spot in the final three. I'll start preparing my jury speech.

09-16-12, 07:53 PM (EST)
20. "And then there were two..."
LAST EDITED ON 09-16-12 AT 07:54 PM (EST)

After two weeks, the Yahoo Survival League is down to its Final Two. Will it be Breezy, or will it be me? And will it be decided next week, or will we prolong the agony?

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

09-16-12, 08:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: And then there were two..."
I think Hobbs and I were 10+ weeks into the survival pool last year before I won. *sigh*

Good luck to the both of you.

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-12, 10:45 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
23. "RE: And then there were two..."
Wow.

And sorry to the non-pickers, I tried to change the setting for the pick time but it won't let me(away from 5 min before first game, since there's all these stupid Thursday night games). It won't let me change it in the pick'em game either.

bullzeye 4956 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-16-12, 06:30 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bullzeye Click to send private message to bullzeye Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Huh?"
D'Oh!

09-16-12, 07:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: Huh?"
Yeah, I just looked at the suicide pool too. Ye gawds, how the bodies roll in. Who knew a flock of cardinals could peck that many people to death? And if the Bucs hadn't inherited the Last-Minute Interception Virus that comes free in the home locker room at Snoopy Stadium, I'd be hiring extra diggers.

09-16-12, 07:26 PM (EST)
17. "RE: Huh?"
LAST EDITED ON 09-16-12 AT 07:34 PM (EST)

Were their feathers that shade of red before the game?

ETA: Looks like the Ewes trampled a few people as well.

09-16-12, 04:43 PM (EST)
9. "2 Games, 9 Turnovers"
And somehow the Eagles win both games?

o.0

09-16-12, 06:53 PM (EST)
15. "RE: 2 Games, 9 Turnovers"
Y'see, not only is Michael Vick once again making money while having no idea what proper behavior is, but no one ever explained to him about turnovers being allowed in the game...

09-16-12, 07:41 PM (EST)
19. "It's the perfect time to attack!"
The offense is taking a knee? That means they're defenseless! Dive to kill!

I think the Bucs may get a few fines for that one.

09-16-12, 09:24 PM (EST)
22. "RE: It's the perfect time to attack!"
Problem is that there's no rule against it -- nothing more than an unwritten rule that you don't charge the QB on a kneel-down situation. In theory, it's a decent idea as the element of surprise may cause Manning to fumble and they could pick it up and run it in to tie the game, but I get why it's considered an unwritten rule.

09-17-12, 05:52 PM (EST)
24. "RE: It's the perfect time to attack!"
So multiple articles and radio shows have been explaining all day. It just seems to have been about two decades since the last time it happened locally (outside the college level), so it took everyone by surprise. The consensus is that the Buccaneers can now expect it happening to them soon -- and possibly over and over again.

09-17-12, 06:09 PM (EST)
25. "The no-calls take over."
On virtually every play, there is a holding penalty. During a course of a normal game, a few of them will be called. On Sunday, I'm not sure any of them were. After the players noticed there were less of those penalties than normal in Week #1, they started chasing a game called What Can We Get Away With? And based on the evidence? Everything.

So according to the refplacements, shoulder pads routinely phase through clothing on their own. Just looking for a little fresh air. Also, said clothing likes to twist ninety degrees in the wind. And the helmets? Self-rotating.

Certainly adds a little something to the game, huh?

Jims02 7328 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-12, 07:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: The no-calls take over."
LAST EDITED ON 09-17-12 AT 07:14 PM (EST)

It's sickening. I watched a 60-minute game between the Redskins and Rams, and I still have no idea who the better football team is. I have no idea if the Rams were supposed to beat us by even more (quite possibly), or if we were supposed to win that game.

The Rams got a bad call against them on THREE PLAYS IN A ROW during a first half drive. And then they supposedly fumble the ball over on the 1 yard line, and even THAT play was called wrong. Jeff Fisher finally challenged a play, and it was easily overturned. Except the thing is, he wasn't even supposed to throw the challenge flag since supposedly all turnovers are auto-reviewed anyway.

The announcers say that throwing the challenge flag when not supposed to is also a 15 yd penalty on the Rams (which would've been pretty unfair, given the ineptitude of the refs). But then Steven Jackson gets so upset with the non-TD call that HE spikes the ball and gets a penalty.

And this is completely ignoring all of the constant, constant extracurricular activity. Both QBs (Bradford and RG3) slid during a run, both got smacked by 2 defenders, and neither drew a flag. The Redskins commit a false-start penalty on the goal-line and, as they whistle it dead, RG3 falls backwards because one of the Rams defender is grabbing ahold of his leg. And then London Fletcher misses a tackle and lands on his back on the ground, away from the play... And some Rams player turns around and jumps right on top of him. RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE CAMERA. Even the announcers pointed it out, it was so obvious. FOX brought in Mike Pereira during the game to do their refs segment, and he was so utterly stunned and disgusted by what he was looking at.

And to cap it off, Josh Morgan is an idiot.

But honestly, I can't even blame Josh Morgan for the loss, because the whole game was so stupidly called, that the game hardly even matters anymore. It's almost like a simulation of a football game. "Let's throw the Rams and the Redskins into the football team, roll dice to determine calls, and see what would happen."

If they had simply rolled dice, they probably would have gotten more things correct.

From what I was hearing from both Eagles and Ravens fans, their game was the EXACT. SAME. THING.

09-17-12, 09:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
30. "RE: The no-calls take over."
We've already seen enough die rolls in the first quarter of MNF to keep a craps table occupied for 20 minutes.

09-17-12, 09:47 PM (EST)
31. "RE: The no-calls take over."
shhhhh...

I think The Onion heard you.

09-17-12, 09:13 PM (EST)
27. "Denver vs. Atlanta"
When did Vick take over as Broncos QB?

09-17-12, 09:20 PM (EST)
28. "RE: Denver vs. Atlanta"
And when did Halloween clowns wearing zebra costumes take over as refs?

09-17-12, 09:24 PM (EST)
29. "RE: Denver vs. Atlanta"
Thursday.

09-17-12, 09:49 PM (EST)
32. "RE: Denver vs. Atlanta"
We're barely into the second quarter and at this rate, the game should finish about 1 a.m.

09-17-12, 09:53 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Denver vs. Atlanta"
John Fox just accused the refplacements of not being capable of counting to twelve.

Might as well take the chance on being right...

09-17-12, 09:50 PM (EST)
33. "RE: Denver vs. Atlanta"
The refs are making it a complete travesty and sham of a game tonight, just unwatchable after a while.

If this doesn't get the NFL and Green/Triplette back to the table talking to each other tomorrow, then nothing will.

09-17-12, 10:31 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Denver vs. Atlanta"
I've already lost count of the reversed calls up to the Broncos TD. No judgement call there, just a pair of blind eyes.

Either that, or a wealthy Atlanta businessman bought off a whole zoo's worth of zebras.

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

09-17-12, 10:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Denver vs. Atlanta"
As bad as the refs are, the Falcons are playing very well. This Tony Gonzalez might be a good football player.

09-18-12, 01:30 AM (EST)
37. "RE: Denver vs. Atlanta"
LAST EDITED ON 09-18-12 AT 01:33 AM (EST)

Might be a good football player? Greatest TE ever!

I've had him in more FF squads than any other TE, as durable as he is, maybe a scant few weeks scoring less than more, but always reliably on the board. More than that, what he does off field scores extra points in my book. This guy is bound for the Hall of Fame, a top five all-time players for me (and my FF squads!).

09-18-12, 06:38 AM (EST)
38. "Just make something up!"
Did you notice those calls where the refplacements forgot how many yards the penalty was supposed to be? Good times. For someone.

09-18-12, 09:08 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
39. "RE: Just make something up!"
*Throws red flag*

I think this just means that last week's suicide pool bonus challenge (ie total penalty yards) needs to be re-examined., because surely there were penalty yards missed in the pertinent games.

Estee, let us know when you have finished the video review. I expect your review won't be done until the results of the bonus are changed to make me the winner.

09-18-12, 09:19 AM (EST)
40. "RE: Just make something up!"
*finishes*

Everyone missed the total by three hundred yards or more. Game's over: all players dead.

That's what you wanted, right?

09-18-12, 12:20 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Just make something up!"
Not sure if that is what I wanted, but it is what I expected, as you have been extra lethal in the pool this year.

Are you having Teddy bury the bodies in the Panama Canal basement?

(Since you seem to like obscure references)

09-18-12, 11:45 AM (EST)
41. ""I need you for my fantasy team""
I'll be interested to see what comes from this.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Football/NFL/2012/09/18/20209106.html

09-18-12, 12:02 PM (EST)
42. "RE: "I need you for my fantasy team""
Just spotted that. If it's a cash league, I'm pretty sure that ersatz zebra is gone. If not, it could be taken as an innocent joke -- but it probably won't be.

The other story I just got was Terry Bradshaw claiming that the bad refereeing will have no effect. Everything is going accordin to league plan. Keep them all on, watch them get better week to week and pretty soon, the locked out parties will have no leverage at all. Any effects on the game itself are temporary and can be ignored.

Of course, in the same broadcast, he claimed the Raiders won the Super Bowl after a regular season record of 8-8.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •