The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Chris Kluwe explains gay marriage to politician"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

VisionQuest 1171 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-08-12, 10:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail VisionQuest Click to send private message to VisionQuest Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Chris Kluwe explains gay marriage to politician"
I found this to be a delightful read. I may have to go buy a Kluwe jersey. Not PG13.

http://tinyurl.com/9q3cvgo

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Chris Kluwe explains gay marria... Starshine 09-08-12 1
 RE: Chris Kluwe explains gay marria... Estee 09-08-12 2
 RE: Chris Kluwe explains gay marria... byoffer 09-08-12 3
   RE: Chris Kluwe explains gay marria... AyaK 09-11-12 4
       RE: Chris Kluwe explains gay marria... Snidget 09-11-12 5
           RE: Chris Kluwe explains gay marria... Estee 09-11-12 6
           RE: Chris Kluwe explains gay marria... PepeLePew13 09-11-12 7
               RE: Chris Kluwe explains gay marria... AyaK 09-12-12 8
 Yunel Escobar didn't get the memo byoffer 09-18-12 9
   Three-game suspension Estee 09-18-12 10
       RE: Three-game suspension tribephyl 09-18-12 11
           RE: Three-game suspension byoffer 09-18-12 12
               RE: Three-game suspension tribephyl 09-19-12 13
       RE: Three-game suspension PepeLePew13 09-19-12 14

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

09-08-12, 11:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Chris Kluwe explains gay marriage to politician"
I can assure you that gay people getting married will have zero effect on your life. They won't come into your house and steal your children. They won't magically turn you into a lustful not PG13. They won't even overthrow the government in an orgy of hedonistic debauchery

Well, I'm disappointed.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-08-12, 06:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Chris Kluwe explains gay marriage to politician"
Sadly, you lose 99% of all politicians at 'You're wrong.' I'm pretty sure everything he said after that just created a new enemies list. Regardless, I applaud.

I do wonder why that politico feels it's more offensive for a professional football player to believe in equal rights and speak out on it. Is the extra muscle mass supposed to magnetize you and create an unstoppable pull towards the nearest gay bashing opportunity? Or is he afraid that a supposed role model will actually encourage people to change their thought pattern? It's not as if the bigot is going to change his...

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

09-08-12, 11:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Chris Kluwe explains gay marriage to politician"
If football doesn't work out for Kluwe then he should have a fallback as a writer. That was well written and hilarious.

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

09-11-12, 04:02 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Chris Kluwe explains gay marriage to politician"
LAST EDITED ON 09-11-12 AT 04:23 PM (EST)

You know, one of the points that people, including Kluwe, never seem to get is that the First Amendment only prohibits government censorship of speech.

Your employer is completely free to fire you for your speech (which is why a lot of people are careful what they say).

Then there's this whopper:

As recently as 1962 the NFL still had segregation, which was only done away with by brave athletes and coaches daring to speak their mind and do the right thing, and you're going to say that political views have "no place in a sport"?

The NFL still had segregation in 1962? Where did Jim Brown play starting in 1957? Was this segregation enforced by the Dutch, who, as we all know, maintained slavery in Brooklyn until the 1890s?

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

09-11-12, 05:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Chris Kluwe explains gay marriage to politician"
I'm guessing he used the year when the last team was all white rather than the year the first team integrated?

09-11-12, 05:24 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: Chris Kluwe explains gay marriage to politician"
Possible. Some baseball teams were very slow to drop the whitewash, keeping all the all-low-melanin roster intact for years and years after Jackie Robinson debuted. I think the Red Sox were one of the last to go.

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

09-11-12, 07:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Chris Kluwe explains gay marriage to politician"
Perhaps this was Kluwe's reference point:

Historian Charles Kenyatta Ross, who has written a history of the integration of the National Football League, suggests that the league's early tolerance for a limited number of black players was rooted in pro football's marginal status in American culture at the time. As long as the NFL occupied a place on the unpopular fringes of the country's sporting life, teams could get away with breaching the segregationist norms of Jim Crow-era racial practice by using talented black players. Later, however, as the game became more popular and NFL teams found they had more to lose by alienating racially prejudiced whites, black players were slowly purged from NFL rosters. Ross suggests that Washington Redskins owner George Preston Marshall, who was an influential leader among early NFL executives and also happened to be an inveterate racist, convinced the league's other owners to impose a firm (if unofficial) color line on the NFL after 1933. Zero black players appeared on NFL rosters between 1933 and 1946; even after Woody Strode and Kenny Washington began the process of re-integrating the league, Marshall's Redskins remained lily-white until 1962, when appalled Kennedy Administration officials threatened to boot the Redskins out of their publicly-owned stadium in the District of Columbia if the team continued its blatantly segregationist policies.

http://www.shmoop.com/nfl-history/race.html

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-12, 00:28 AM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Chris Kluwe explains gay marriage to politician"
LAST EDITED ON 09-12-12 AT 00:35 AM (EST)

And the Redskins, like the Red Sox, were an example of the harm cause by segregation to a sports franchise. They went 1-12-1 in 1961 to finish in their customary last place in the NFL . . . before drafting their first black player -- Ernie Davis, whom they then traded to the Cleveland Browns for future NFL Hall of Famer Bobby Mitchell, which made Mitchell the first black player on the Redskins.

(Tragically, Davis was suffering from undetected leukemia and died before ever playing a down in the NFL -- an unmitigated disaster for Cleveland, because it gave the lunatic new Browns owner, Art Modell, an excuse to fire Paul Brown and take over sole control of the team. That move started Art on his path to eternal damnation.)

Meanwhile, the Cleveland Browns and the Los Angeles Rams (who played in Cleveland until 1945) had been employing black players since 1946; the Browns signed Hall of Famers Marion Motley and Bill Willis, while the Rams signed Kenny Washington and Woody Strode. By 1952, every team in the NFL except the laughingstock Redskins had used at least one black player.

09-18-12, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "Yunel Escobar didn't get the memo"
Apparently this baseball player didn't get Kluwe's message.

I am very sad to see this in general, and especially from a Toronto Blue Jay.

I hope this is a bad judgment which was partially lost in translation from Cuba to North America (like in most of the world, telling a guy he has "no balls" would just be a slight, but in Italy it is actually illegal).

My guess is that he will use this sort of excuse, and get off with a stern warning for really bad judgment.

09-18-12, 06:51 PM (EST)
10. "Three-game suspension "
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/8395863/toronto-blue-jays-yunel-escobar-suspended-three-games-gay-slur-eye-black

He's claiming cultural misunderstanding.

tribephyl 9688 desperate attention whore postings

09-18-12, 08:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Three-game suspension "
"I'm sorry for the actions of the other day. It was not something I intended to be offensive. It was something I just put on the sticker on my face as a joke. There was nothing intentional directed at anyone in particular."

Nope, just the gay community at large. Stupid Breeder. (Oh oops, did I offend someone with that remark? It wasn't intended.) *eyeroll*

"I don't have anything against homosexuals. I have friends who are gay. In reality I'd like to ask for the apologies of all those who have been offended by this."

First, starting any sentence with, "I don't have anything against..." means please don't judge me for the obvious bigotry about to spew out of my mouth.
Do you know how many times I've heard this? Countless.
It usually comes directly before..."Oh, I didn't know you were gay. You don't act gay."
and then immediately degrades into a "I should set you up with my friend." Right, like just because he also prefers to sleep with men we must be made for each other. Get a clue and get out of my bedroom.

Yes, In Cuba (as throughout Mexico as well) it is common to hear men call other men maricons. It IS the equivalent of calling a friend a Fag. Or a Pussy.
And to me... the symbolizing of weakness through homosexual and/or feminine labels is thoroughly misguided and based in ignorance.
There are male body parts that are amongst the weakest things known.
IMO, He has shown to be as ignorant and weak as a ball sac.

09-18-12, 11:30 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Three-game suspension "
I have friends who are gay. My hairdresser is gay.

These remarks from Yunel reminded me of Colton from Survivor with his "I have friends who are African American, like my cleaning lady."
~boggle~

tribephyl 9688 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-12, 03:27 AM (EST)
Click to EMail tribephyl Click to send private message to tribephyl Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: Three-game suspension "
My hairdresser is gay.

And I bet your friend would slap you across the face for calling him that. Everyone knows they're called Hair Stylists. Sheesh.

Hiya byo... I have a request from you. I have a project (related to Spoiling Island) I want you to check out. Kick me a message if interested.

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

09-19-12, 07:09 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Three-game suspension "
LAST EDITED ON 09-19-12 AT 07:17 AM (EST)

What a turnip, plain and simple. Yunel was completely talking out of his azz in that press conference.

Here's what I think. Yunel is not highly regarded in the clubhouse and it's unfathomable to me that one of the other Latinos (especially guys like Bautista, Encarnacion and Vizquel who are some of the team's most respected leaders) didn't pick up on the fact that Yunel was wearing something offensive on his eyeblack. So I think he was hung out to dry as a way of getting his attention that his antics weren't appreciated. I don't doubt that on a previous incident where he also had something that could be construed as offensive (he had "K PINGA NO" which, if you use K as a shorthand for Que, means the same as WTF spelled out in full), he was told that it might not be the best thing to have on his eyeblack and Yunel ignored it.

Yunel has a history of doing stuff that doesn't endear himself to teammates or management, and this is just another incident. From what I've seen of him in the past three seasons, he's not the sharpest tool in the shed either.

I'd have suspended Yunel for longer than three games because he simply should have known better than to put potentially inflammatory comments on a publicly visible place.

ETA: There's scuttlebutt on a Jays fan blog that Yunel might have unintentionally outed a teammate. Rajai Davis cuts Yunel's hair and has been doing teammates' hair for years.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •