The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"2012 NHL Playoff Discussion thread - round 3"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-13-12, 11:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"2012 NHL Playoff Discussion thread - round 3"
Let's keep it going!
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Rangers vs Devils byoffer 05-13-12 1
   RE: Rangers vs Devils Estee 05-14-12 4
       RE: Rangers vs Devils byoffer 05-14-12 5
   Game 1: Rangers win 3-0 byoffer 05-14-12 6
   Game 2 PepeLePew13 05-16-12 17
       RE: Game 2 Estee 05-17-12 18
           RE: Game 2 byoffer 05-17-12 19
               RE: Game 2 Estee 05-17-12 20
   Game 4... PepeLePew13 05-21-12 26
   Game 5: Devils win 5-3 byoffer 05-24-12 31
       RE: Game 5: Devils win 5-3 Estee 05-24-12 32
       RE: Game 5: Devils win 5-3 HobbsofMI 05-24-12 33
   Game 6: Devils win in OT byoffer 05-25-12 35
       RE: Game 6: Devils win in OT HobbsofMI 05-27-12 37
 Coyotes vs Kings byoffer 05-13-12 2
   Game 1: Kings win 4-2 byoffer 05-13-12 3
       RE: Game 1: Kings win 4-2 PepeLePew13 05-14-12 7
           RE: Game 1: Kings win 4-2 byoffer 05-15-12 10
   RE: Coyotes vs Kings aethelstan 05-15-12 8
       RE: Coyotes vs Kings byoffer 05-15-12 9
           RE: Coyotes vs Kings PepeLePew13 05-15-12 11
   Game 2: Kings leading 3-0 after 2 ... byoffer 05-15-12 12
       RE: Game 2: Kings leading 3-0 afte... PepeLePew13 05-16-12 13
           RE: Game 2: Kings leading 3-0 afte... bondt007 05-16-12 14
           RE: Game 2: Kings leading 3-0 afte... byoffer 05-16-12 15
               RE: Game 2: Kings leading 3-0 afte... PepeLePew13 05-16-12 16
                   RE: Game 2: Kings leading 3-0 afte... HobbsofMI 05-17-12 21
               RE: Game 2: Kings leading 3-0 afte... PepeLePew13 05-17-12 22
   Game 3: Ho hum, Kings win again byoffer 05-17-12 23
   Game 4... PepeLePew13 05-21-12 27
   Game 5... PepeLePew13 05-23-12 28
       RE: Game 5... Molaholic 05-23-12 29
           RE: Game 5... byoffer 05-23-12 30
 Mets in Toronto... PepeLePew13 05-18-12 24
 Coming to a playoff near you, soon.... PepeLePew13 05-19-12 25
 Let's go RANGERS!!! moonbaby 05-25-12 34
   RE: Let's go RANGERS!!! byoffer 05-25-12 36

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

05-13-12, 11:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Rangers vs Devils"
#1 vs #6

Does the subway run to NJ?

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-12, 01:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Rangers vs Devils"
Penn Station New York to Penn Station Newark (yeah, we know), then walk a few blocks. Or vice-versa, then climb a few stairs. It's not a long commute.

The hatred is building fast.

On a side note, the mayor of Newark, Cory Booker, recently saved a life, getting his neighbor out of a fire. The mayor of NYC, Michael 'Did you charge him an air pollution fee?' Bloomberg, counted this with 'Yeah? So what! I make more money than he does!'

I'm serious.

Ultimately, so was Bloomberg.

05-14-12, 01:30 PM (EST)
5. "RE: Rangers vs Devils"
As a general rule I avoid all things NYC, and NJ is not much of a stretch. As much as I would like to boycott the series completely, I know that won't happen (especially with the west series on so late in my nights).

All the hype was about the many fights these two teams had during the season. I don't expect that to continue into the playoffs (both teams will want to avoid penalties) unless one team gets down by more than 2 goals in a game. Then the gloves might be dropped to try to send a message. The fact that the goons for the Devils haven't been playing in the playoffs will help keep things clean.

05-14-12, 10:49 PM (EST)
6. "Game 1: Rangers win 3-0"
All Devils through 2 periods as the Rangers had no legs, but the Devils couldn't score. The Rangers eventually did, and get the first game thanks to their goalie.

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

05-16-12, 10:50 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "Game 2"
Devils win it 3-2, tying the series at 1 game apiece.

05-17-12, 08:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Game 2"
I see we've entered the Random Stuff Happening Out Of Nowhere portion of the playoffs.

05-17-12, 09:02 AM (EST)
19. "RE: Game 2"
Is that a reference to that laying-on-his-belly-and-kicking-up-his-leg save that Brodeur made? That was special.

05-17-12, 11:08 AM (EST)
20. "RE: Game 2"
That was part of it. This game felt like it was being run by weird puck deflections off ice, borders, sticks, and people. A physicist might have looked at the reflection angles and slunk away weeping.

05-21-12, 10:49 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "Game 4..."
Devils win 4-1, tying the series at two games each.

05-24-12, 09:23 AM (EST)
31. "Game 5: Devils win 5-3"
Devils take an early 3-0 lead, but the Rangers fight back to tie things. Then late in the 3rd the Devils break the tie and add an empty net goal for the win. At least with a relatively close game it was more hockey than "goonery" like the last game.

Devils are up 3-2 and one win from a date with LA to battle for the Cup.

05-24-12, 09:51 AM (EST)
32. "RE: Game 5: Devils win 5-3"
Traditionally, this is the point where sections of the southernmost residents begin to discretely hide their Flyers gear.

HobbsofMI 15959 desperate attention whore postings

05-24-12, 01:35 PM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Game 5: Devils win 5-3"
Up and down the ice and tight play made for a great game. I think both goalies were off but NJ worked the corners better thus the bang bang 4th goal.

sig Syren, bouncy by IceCat, bobble head by Tribephyl, and snoglobe by agman

05-25-12, 10:53 PM (EST)
35. "Game 6: Devils win in OT "
and book their ticket to the Stanley Cup finals.

For the record, they do not touch the Prince of Wales trophy.

Now we will see what happens when kings and devils to battle!

05-27-12, 08:51 AM (EST)
Click to EMail HobbsofMI Click to send private message to HobbsofMI Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
37. "RE: Game 6: Devils win in OT "
Second game in a row that NJ got out to a big lead and then saw NYR's come back only to break their hearts.

SC finals should be interesting.

05-13-12, 11:34 PM (EST)
2. "Coyotes vs Kings"
#3 vs #8

Don't let the #8 seed fool you!

05-13-12, 11:35 PM (EST)
3. "Game 1: Kings win 4-2"
Kings are unstoppable.

05-14-12, 11:25 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Game 1: Kings win 4-2"
This is going to be a TV network producer's wet dream if the Rangers and Kings hold onto their leads and go onto the Stanley Cup Finals.

The NHL, though, would probably want the Coyotes to make it so they can squeeze a few extra dollars from ticket sales before they turn the team over to the new owners coming in.

05-15-12, 11:46 AM (EST)
10. "RE: Game 1: Kings win 4-2"
Even though NY vs LA will be a marketers dream, I think the NHL will hate if the Kings sweep all their remaining games.

aethelstan 4348 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-15-12, 10:01 AM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Coyotes vs Kings"
Yeah, the 8 seed was 2 points away from being that 3 seed. Phoenix won their division over LA 97 points to 95 with San Jose sandwiched in between. So, yeah, LA is way more of a 3 than an 8.

05-15-12, 11:44 AM (EST)
9. "RE: Coyotes vs Kings"
And even at that many feel they seriously underperformed this year. New model for the NHL? Tank the season, squeeze into the playoffs, and then run through the playoffs as you should have done all season.

05-15-12, 03:12 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Coyotes vs Kings"
The danger of doing that, of course, is that you could find yourself out of the playoffs if you think you could just coast your way in and then turn on the gears - LA was actually out of a playoff spot until about 6 to 8 games left in the season as Dallas was ahead of them before they swooned and LA & San Jose both got hot.

05-15-12, 10:48 PM (EST)
12. "Game 2: Kings leading 3-0 after 2 periods"
Ho hum, Kings will be up 2-0 heading home for game 3.

If they hold on to win, they will be 10-1 in these playoffs (incluing 7-0 on the road). It's been a really long time since a team was this dominant in the playoffs.

05-16-12, 01:45 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Game 2: Kings leading 3-0 after 2 periods"
Not only that, but Phoenix might be down a player or two after two big-time cheap shots. Dustin Brown is really fortunate not to be injured after that pile-drive into the boards from behind by a hard-charging Hanzal.

bondt007 3358 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

05-16-12, 03:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail bondt007 Click to send private message to bondt007 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "RE: Game 2: Kings leading 3-0 after 2 periods"
Been watching the Kings a long time and clearly their "new" coach is about as agressive I've seen. I guess that's OK... for the sport that allows fighting... just not used to it coming FROM the Kings.

Phoenix is just in a buzz-saw right now.

05-16-12, 04:33 PM (EST)
15. "RE: Game 2: Kings leading 3-0 after 2 periods"
Hanzal hit on Brown.

Totally illegal and very dangerous. Hanzal will get some extra games, I think.

BUT

I will add that once again the players need to protect themselves. Watch right at 0:35 of the video, and Brown changes course from skating in a turn along the boards to going straight at the boards and trying to stop. Without that I don't think Hanzal even catches up to him (but then Brown might have been hit by the other Coyote). More and more players are turning to face the boards to protect the puck and by doing so putting themselves in danger of getting hurt and making it easy for the opposition to get boarding penalties.

05-16-12, 10:48 PM (EST)
16. "RE: Game 2: Kings leading 3-0 after 2 periods"
It doesn't matter which way Brown was facing - it's up to the pursuer to play the puck or go with Brown in a way to take him out without needing to plaster him like that. Hanzal was at full speed without breaking stride and he had several seconds to see that Brown had his body facing the boards the whole time.

Frankly I'm surprised Hanzal only got one game, I fully expected 3-5 games.

05-17-12, 11:24 AM (EST)
21. "RE: Game 2: Kings leading 3-0 after 2 periods"
One game.....should be more.

05-17-12, 02:27 PM (EST)
22. "RE: Game 2: Kings leading 3-0 after 2 periods"
LAST EDITED ON 05-17-12 AT 02:28 PM (EST)

I just watched the video (I had seen it live with several replays immediately after, but not since then)... what struck me was that Hanzal seemed to immediately know he had screwed up with his sagged shoulders and slowness to get up with the linesman beside him.

Again, no question in my mind this should have been more severely penalized than merely one game. Both guys were going at full speed and Hanzal clearly had Brown lined up in his sights almost from the moment Brown evaded Morris (the D-man) - and in fact, if you go back a bit earlier at 0:25, you can see that Hanzal also shifted his target when Brown shifted inward.

Shanahan blew it. Five games would have been a better call - and it's the minimum Hanzal would have gotten if Brown was injured and had to leave the game. They gotta call the act whether or not the player is injured.

05-17-12, 11:36 PM (EST)
23. "Game 3: Ho hum, Kings win again"
2-1 final. Close game, but Coyotes didn't seem to threaten.

05-21-12, 10:51 PM (EST)
27. "Game 4..."
Coyotes finally pull one out, winning 2-0 behind two Doan goals.

Kings still lead the series 3-1. Now, let's see if the Kings can stay undefeated on the road this post-season (they're 7-0 so far).

05-23-12, 00:47 AM (EST)
28. "Game 5..."
LAST EDITED ON 05-23-12 AT 02:27 AM (EST)

Dustin Penner scores at 17:42 of OT to send the Kings to the Stanley Cup finals for the second time in franchise history.

Great game... but it could have gone the other way as just seconds earlier, Rozsival was clipped by Dustin Brown and sustained a knee injury on a play that could very easily (should have been?) have been called a major kneeing penalty.

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings

05-23-12, 01:21 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
29. "RE: Game 5..."
Number 8 seed advances to the final...

Kings have NHL record 10 consecutive road wins (last 2 in San Jose in 2011, 3 in Vancouver, 2 in St. Louis, and 3 in Phoenix this year)

Capn’s Stanley Cup Pick ‘em Surprise.

05-23-12, 10:09 AM (EST)
30. "RE: Game 5..."
Looks like the Kings will have to update the stats on the cool Infographic page on their website:

http://kings.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=632297&navid=DL|LAK|home

05-18-12, 11:18 PM (EST)
24. "Mets in Toronto..."
Funny stuff...

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/blog/eye-on-baseball/19085054/mets-don-canadian-camouflage-for-trip-to-toronto

(Not that it helped them tonight as the Mets got pounded 14-5 by the Jays...)

05-19-12, 08:36 AM (EST)
25. "Coming to a playoff near you, soon..."
...Jamaican and Qatari players?

Jamaica and Qatar join IIHF.

moonbaby 17013 desperate attention whore postings

05-25-12, 09:41 PM (EST)
Click to EMail moonbaby Click to send private message to moonbaby Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "Let's go RANGERS!!!"
If they win tonight the Rangers jersey goes on the door. Push it to game 7 and play for the Cup, pleeeeeeeeeeeease!

Please note: I am not watching the game-if I do that they will surely lose

05-25-12, 10:54 PM (EST)
36. "RE: Let's go RANGERS!!!"
ahem.

First you spoil this well organized thread, and then your team loses. Karma.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •