The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Ultimate Team player"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

05-08-12, 09:38 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Ultimate Team player"
After watching the L.A. Kings and their amazing playoff run, something came to mind & I would like to toss it to our brilliant sports folks out there in OT land.

Dwight King, member of the Los Angeles Kings -- same name as his team (I'm not counting the "s").

So, other than Jim Brown of the NFL Cleveland Browns -- what players bore the same moniker as their team?

(sure, I could do an extended google search, but this is more fun)

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Ultimate Team player byoffer 05-08-12 1
   RE: Ultimate Team player Molaholic 05-08-12 2
   RE: Ultimate Team player PepeLePew13 05-09-12 3
       RE: Ultimate Team player Estee 05-09-12 5
       RE: Ultimate Team player Molaholic 05-09-12 6
           RE: Ultimate Team player byoffer 05-10-12 7
               RE: Ultimate Team player Starshine 05-14-12 11
 RE: Ultimate Team player Estee 05-09-12 4
 RE: Ultimate Team player aethelstan 05-14-12 8
   RE: Ultimate Team player PepeLePew13 05-14-12 9
       RE: Ultimate Team player aethelstan 05-14-12 10
 RE: Ultimate Team player byoffer 05-27-12 12
   RE: Ultimate Team player byoffer 05-27-12 13
 A gimme for Mole. Max Headroom 05-29-12 14
   RE: A gimme for Mole. byoffer 05-29-12 15
       RE: A gimme for Mole. Max Headroom 05-29-12 16

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

byoffer 15808 desperate attention whore postings

05-08-12, 09:59 PM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Ultimate Team player"
Ooh, tough one.

Mickey Redmond played for the Detroit Red Wings. Does that count??

The Blue Jays have had two players with first name Jayson (Nix and Werth).

The Buffalo Bills have had many players with first name Bill.

Next!

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

05-08-12, 11:34 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Ultimate Team player"
I'm actually aiming for the surname (KING and BROWN), but thanks anyway.

I will also accept translations -- Jose Cardenal played for the St. Louis Cardinals.

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-12, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Ultimate Team player"
The Blue Jays had a run of players and employees with initials in their names including "J" (pronounced as Jay) since the mid-2000s - J.P. Ricciardi, B.J. Ryan, A.J. Burnett and now J.P. Arencibia.

Moving on to your question... I can't imagine there are too many others with the exact same surname as the team name (other than the 's').

Not quite the same thing, but Cam Fowler plays for the Anaheim Ducks (duck is a fowl, no?). Another great one is Brett Hull and Adam Oates who played on the same line for the St. Louis Blues (Hall and Oates were bluesmen).

The New Jersey Devils missed a golden opportunity - they never picked up Miroslav Satan to play for them.

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-12, 01:13 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Ultimate Team player"
The New Jersey Devils missed a golden opportunity - they never picked up Miroslav Satan to play for them.

*sigh* And we all waited years for that. It would have been a match made in --

-- well, a match made in somewhere.

05-09-12, 09:14 PM (EST)
6. "RE: Ultimate Team player"
Moving on to your question... I can't imagine there are too many others with the exact same surname as the team name (other than the 's').

Yes. I rather doubt we will find players named 76er or 49er, along with Jazz, either of the Sox, or even a Dodger. However, I have hope for some more Browns, a Bear or two, and perhaps some Angels.

Happy Hunting!

05-10-12, 08:46 AM (EST)
Click to EMail byoffer Click to send private message to byoffer Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: Ultimate Team player"
I agree, Molie, not many team names are possible for surnames.

Even if the scope is expanded to include all of the US college teams I am not sure that will help. Bob Razorback? Steve Runnin' Rebel?? Doug Banana Slug!!

Even Notre Dame has never had a player named Irish (Maybe they should have recruited Kathy Ireland??)

What about in other countries? Starshine - any chance of this occurence based on team names in the UK?

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

05-14-12, 05:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: Ultimate Team player"
Unlikely for a while I think, Albion, Rover and Athletic aren't common surnames, although I found a website that believes that Arsenal is a common boys name.

However there are children such as Jensen Jay Alexander Bikey Carlisle Duff Elliot Fox Iwelumo Marney Mears Paterson Thompson Wallace Preston named for teams

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings

05-09-12, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Ultimate Team player"
Let's include Marvin Eugene Throneberry, the original Mr. M.E.T.

aethelstan 4348 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-14-12, 01:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: Ultimate Team player"
Here's a future potential. The Twins have a pitcher named Scott Diamond. He could get traded to Arizona.

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

05-14-12, 01:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Ultimate Team player"
There's also a Jon Jay on the Cardinals - if he ever gets traded to the Blue Jays, there's a match for ya.

aethelstan 4348 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

05-14-12, 02:08 PM (EST)
Click to EMail aethelstan Click to send private message to aethelstan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: Ultimate Team player"
I guess Stacey King was another could have been. Maybe he'll wind up coaching Sacremento, assuming they stay there.

05-27-12, 11:02 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Ultimate Team player"
As I am watching the Memorial Cup (Championship of Canadian Major Junior hockey) I see that the London Knights have a player named Jared Knight. Add him to your list, Molie!

05-27-12, 11:02 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Ultimate Team player"
Sadly for Jared, just as I clicked Post on my message his team lost the championship game on OT.

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

05-29-12, 08:52 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
14. "A gimme for Mole."
Dwight King of the LA Kings.

05-29-12, 09:30 AM (EST)
15. "RE: A gimme for Mole."
You mean the same Dwight King of the LA Kings that Molie cites in the initial post to this thread and who is the actual reason for this thread?

Is there a lime helmet for this sort of thing?

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

05-29-12, 01:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
16. "RE: A gimme for Mole."
Sorry, I was just trying to boost my post count. I'll be more subtle next time.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •