The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Religion vs. Tim Tebow (and vice-versa)."
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

12-19-11, 06:15 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Religion vs. Tim Tebow (and vice-versa)."
Some may find this piece interesting. Others might see it as chilling. And a few of you are just going to yell at me a lot.

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7369021/fair-game

A lot a lot.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: Religion vs. Tim Tebow (and vic... newsomewayne 12-20-11 1
   RE: Religion vs. Tim Tebow (and vic... Estee 12-24-11 5
 RE: Religion vs. Tim Tebow (and vic... Breezy 12-20-11 2
 RE: Religion vs. Tim Tebow (and vic... AyaK 12-20-11 3
 RE: Religion vs. Tim Tebow (and vic... cahaya 12-21-11 4
 *shakes head* PepeLePew13 12-28-11 6
   RE: *shakes head* Estee 12-28-11 7
 SNL Skit weltek 12-29-11 8
 For Estee mrc 01-10-12 9
   RE: For Estee Snidget 01-10-12 10
       RE: For Estee AyaK 01-10-12 11

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

newsomewayne 9065 desperate attention whore postings

12-20-11, 03:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail newsomewayne Click to send private message to newsomewayne Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: Religion vs. Tim Tebow (and vice-versa)."
I think we, the RTVW group, are a unique set to critique the player, person, persona that is Tim Tebow. Because this all comes down to a combination of three things: God, His aid in winning and success, and a recipient who is woefully underqualified to gain success without deity intervention.

Say what? Well, tell me this. How often do we see reality contestants pray for divine help in achieving a goal, and if/when that goal is reached, it was OBVI God's will. Or not. And as Spring follows Winter, the request is always followed with the question by us, Does God really care who wins a reality show? Well, no. I don't believe He does. Not in the sense that He's dispensing angels to tip the scales in favor of the supposedly holiest contestants.

And thus, the questions up for debate are these: Does TT do what he does so God will help him win? Does God help TT win because he does what he does? Does the size of TT's stage determine the extent of his exultation?

Perhaps others will want to answer these, but I'll give a one-word answer to all three.

No.

Black Friday expectations delivered by Agman, 2011

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

12-24-11, 07:06 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Religion vs. Tim Tebow (and vice-versa)."
and a recipient who is woefully underqualified to gain success without deity intervention

This just got one day's worth of evidence backing it. I'm curious to see his Bad Quarterback League score for this performance -- he may not misbehave enough to rack up the megapoints, but those interceptions are sure something.

I did see a few comments about how Tubya would surely play out of his mind on the day before his savior's birth. And undoubtedly he will. Now if only someone could figure out just when that is, because clearly he doesn't do that well the day before a co-opted pagan winter festival.

Breezy 18379 desperate attention whore postings

12-20-11, 05:21 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Breezy Click to send private message to Breezy Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Religion vs. Tim Tebow (and vice-versa)."
Ignorance does not become wisdom just because you gussy it up with the Gospels.

Amen.

I thought it was an interesting read.

Ho Ho Ho

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

12-20-11, 07:14 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Religion vs. Tim Tebow (and vice-versa)."
All I want to say about Tim Tebow is this slightly-altered quote from the article:

"How great is it that Tim Tebow doesn't get caught doing strippers two at a time in the hot tub?"

As an atheist, I enjoy seeing someone who not only talks about such values but also believes in them.

As a QB, though, he's this year's Randall Cunningham.

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

12-21-11, 10:10 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Religion vs. Tim Tebow (and vice-versa)."
LAST EDITED ON 12-21-11 AT 10:12 PM (EST)

A fairly good read that touches on some aspects of his and his family's religious life.

I'm all for separation of church and state football, but even the politicians, including POTUS himself, have invoked the name of the deity including in open prayer. So, what Tim does on the field in this respect is no disrespect. It's part of our culture. It's part of him.

What really matters as far as what he does on the field is play the game. And, shortcomings as quarterback aside, he can and does play the game for all its worth.

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

12-28-11, 11:24 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "*shakes head*"
Tim Tebow finishes above the Dalai Lama in poll of most admired men

I'm stunned, really, that he didn't finish first on the list.

12-28-11, 12:17 PM (EST)
7. "RE: *shakes head*"
When Newsome posted the picture of Mr. Rogers with the Dalai Lama, I politely resisted the urge to post the following below it:

"Pop quiz: according to Christianity, one of these men is guaranteed to be eternally tortured in his afterlife. Can you find him?"

Because in Newsome's case, I thought I understood his intent: he was just pointing out a moment when two gentle men of peace intersected. But to me, what that poll partially represents is what I didn't say: the perception that no matter what the beliefs being practiced are -- and if you look at that initial link, there's a few that go beyond suspect -- the claimed Christian has the automatic edge in any U.S. poll because everyone else is gonna burn. In a way, you could also connect it to the President's Nobel win: you don't need to have done anything real, you just need to not be the person who was there before you. Or in Tebow's case, any of the other people on the list.

Also that your average American probably thinks the Dalia Lama will be traveling to a zoo near them in the upcoming year and they can measure his spitting distance sometime over the summer.

But if you want to be increasingly ill, try this one on: Tubya just made the Pro Bowl selection. As an alternate, yes, but... Well, if you have an arm, shoulder, and hand all in some kind of working order, you may be able to throw a tighter spiral than Tubya. Are you one of the most admired people in the country? No? Then apply to the NFL today!

Of course, he won't be available for the game. I understand deity rules are giving the Broncos the #-0 seed and a four-round bye.

weltek 16933 desperate attention whore postings

12-29-11, 11:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail weltek Click to send private message to weltek Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "SNL Skit"
LAST EDITED ON 12-29-11 AT 11:25 AM (EST)

For anyone that missed it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcphoZd3Jbo

-Handcrafted by RollDdice

mrc 10020 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-12, 05:37 PM (EST)
Click to EMail mrc Click to send private message to mrc Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "For Estee"
You'll love me even more after listening to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAIQWzW1MIc

A Slice of Manga

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-12, 07:33 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: For Estee"
Ow, I think I sprained a muscle rolling my eyes that hard.

AyaK 10083 desperate attention whore postings

01-10-12, 08:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail AyaK Click to send private message to AyaK Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: For Estee"
A lame song from the 80s, made even more lame by the revised lyrics.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •