The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"$120,000,000 and no respect"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

Molaholic 8451 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

11-22-11, 05:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"$120,000,000 and no respect"
Alas, Ryan Braun takes the NL MVP Award
  Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: $120,000,000 and no respect PepeLePew13 11-22-11 1
 RE: $120,000,000 and no respect Max Headroom 11-22-11 2
 RE: $120,000,000 and no respect Molaholic 11-23-11 3
   RE: $120,000,000 and no respect PepeLePew13 11-23-11 4
       RE: $120,000,000 and no respect Molaholic 11-23-11 5

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

11-22-11, 11:27 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: $120,000,000 and no respect"
LAST EDITED ON 11-22-11 AT 11:30 PM (EST)

I wouldn't say that $120M means "no respect"... and 2nd place isn't too bad, considering he played for a team that was well out of contention while Braun had a terrific year for a division champion.

Bautista was in the same boat over in the A.L. - he was simply the best player in all of baseball in 2011, but only finished third in the MVP balloting because the Jays were a .500 team (and I have no problem with his placement in the balloting). I'd have given the MVP to Ellsbury over Verlander though, but I'm sure the voters had the fresh stink of the Bosox's collapse wafting in front of them as they filled out their ballots the day after...

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

11-22-11, 11:29 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: $120,000,000 and no respect"
It's a tough call between Kemp and Braun, but Braun's team made the playoffs and Kemp's was out of contention by the All-Star break.

11-23-11, 11:47 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Molaholic Click to send private message to Molaholic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: $120,000,000 and no respect"
LAST EDITED ON 11-23-11 AT 09:20 PM (EST)

actually the salary is $160,000,000 - but why quibble over 4 billion pennies?

Of course, I must acknowledge Braun's great season, and the fact that awarding two of the top three player awards to a barely .500 team is unprecedented. Still, it would have been nice.

So now, will the fact that Verlander got both MVP and CY fuel the debate on a pitcher being eligible for the CY MVP?

eta - Thanks once again Pepe for the well deserved boot-to-the-head. plus, thanks for not mentioning my minor power-of-ten math error.

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

11-23-11, 01:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: $120,000,000 and no respect"

>So now, will the fact that
>Verlander got both MVP and
>CY fuel the debate on
>a pitcher being eligible for
>the CY?

Aroo? Pitchers weren't eligible for the CY?

Personally, I don't think pitchers should be eligible for the MVP. They've got their own award. Another possibility is to do it sort of like the NHL - they have an Art Ross Trophy for the leading scorer and a separate Hart Trophy for the MVP, so perhaps have an extra award:

Cy Young Award = pitchers only
Babe Ruth Award (or insert some other legend) = best player, hitters only
MVP = most valuable player, can be either a hitter or a pitcher.

In this case, I'd have it respectively as:
AL = Verlander, Bautista, Ellsbury
NL = Kershaw, Kemp, Braun

Sometimes you'll get a hitter for both the BRA (okay, maybe need to change it from Babe Ruth Award to something else) and MVP in the same season - that's okay, as only once in a while does a player actually win both the Art Ross and Hart trophies in the NHL.

11-23-11, 10:30 PM (EST)
5. "RE: $120,000,000 and no respect"
Actually, MLB does have other awards -- the Hank Aaron Award goes to the "Outstanding Offensive Player", as voted by Broadcasters & Fans (2011 winners Matt Kemp and Jose Bautista). There's also the Gold Glove and Silver Slugger Awards, given by position in each league based on votes by players and coaches.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •