The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"Week #1 NFL Complaining Thread"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences Off-Topic Sports Forum (Protected)
Original message

Estee 55195 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

09-06-11, 03:17 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"Week #1 NFL Complaining Thread"
Okay, Max, go ahead.

You could call this the NFL's Season Of The Tea Party, in that Change Is Supposedly Really Really Bad. All change. We should bring the entire sport back to the 1950s, where you could work out your players until they died and no one said a thing except 'So how are you going to spend his salary on yourself?' Plus there should be no protective rules for anyone. Or helmets. Or, when you get right down to it, that 'salary' thing is overrated...

But the real question of change, according to the experts, mostly comes down to team rosters. In a league whose unofficial motto is Next Man Up, we're expected to believe that signing a few free agents and rookies without having several months to integrate them into the team, playbook, and verbal abuse structure is going to completely ruin a team's chances -- so therefore, whoever changed the least should win the most. Which if taken further should work out to 'Sign someone off the waiver wire, go on a three-game losing streak' and really sounds like the head coaches are trying a mass conspiracy to open mini-camps in February. Your average squad can't stay intact two weeks running and a typical team's condition is Stand By, We're Peeking Under The Bandages. All rosters are in continual flux, forever.

Yes, touchdowns are going to be missed because the wide receiver doesn't have the running route memorized yet. They'll also be missed because the quarterback just tasted the inside of his helmet. Players need time to get used to each other -- but the normal default period seems to be under a week. And then it's Next Man Up -- or in this case, Next Season.

The nature of the game is perpetual chaotic shift, and the choices are 'live with it or die from it'.

Pick one.

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 Well, sometimes change is ba... Estee 09-06-11 1
   RE: Well, sometimes change i... cahaya 09-06-11 2
 RE: Week #1 NFL Complaining Thread Max Headroom 09-06-11 3
   RE: Week #1 NFL Complaining Thread cahaya 09-06-11 4
       RE: Week #1 NFL Complaining Thread Max Headroom 09-06-11 5
           RE: Week #1 NFL Complaining Thread sittem 09-08-11 9
               RE: Week #1 NFL Complaining Thread Max Headroom 09-09-11 16
                   RE: Week #1 NFL Complaining Thread sittem 09-09-11 18
 Max's next fantasy league. Estee 09-07-11 6
   RE: Max's next fantasy league. Max Headroom 09-07-11 7
       RE: Max's next fantasy league. Estee 09-07-11 8
           RE: Max's next fantasy league. PepeLePew13 09-09-11 17
 Peyton cahaya 09-08-11 10
   RE: Peyton Max Headroom 09-08-11 11
       RE: Peyton cahaya 09-08-11 12
           RE: Peyton sittem 09-08-11 13
               RE: Peyton cahaya 09-09-11 15
 RE: Week #1 NFL Complaining Thread sittem 09-08-11 14
 Dear Steelers Snidget 09-11-11 19
   Without having seen the footage: Estee 09-11-11 26
 RE: Week #1 NFL Complaining Thread cahaya 09-11-11 20
 Second round of games Snidget 09-11-11 21
 RE: Week #1 NFL Complaining Thread samboohoo 09-11-11 22
   RE: Week #1 NFL Complaining Thread Snidget 09-11-11 23
   RE: Week #1 NFL Complaining Thread Estee 09-11-11 27
 RE: Week #1 NFL Complaining Thread pinksparkleguitar 09-11-11 24
   RE: Week #1 NFL Complaining Thread Estee 09-11-11 25
 Giants/Redskins. Estee 09-11-11 28
   RE: Giants/Redskins. Jims02 09-11-11 34
       RE: Giants/Redskins. Max Headroom 09-11-11 35
           RE: Giants/Redskins. Jims02 09-11-11 36
 Panthers/Cardinals. Estee 09-11-11 29
 Good News/Bad News Snidget 09-11-11 30
 Meanwhile, in East Rutherford. Estee 09-11-11 31
 The Steeler turnover count. Estee 09-11-11 32
   RE: The Steeler turnover count. Snidget 09-11-11 33
   RE: The Steeler turnover count. VisionQuest 09-11-11 38
 Does that Jet dude know Snidget 09-11-11 37
   RE: Does that Jet dude know Estee 09-11-11 39
 Package delivery. Estee 09-12-11 40
   RE: Package delivery. samboohoo 09-12-11 41
 Nice effort, Tom Brady. Max Headroom 09-12-11 42
   RE: Nice effort, Tom Brady. Snidget 09-12-11 43
   RE: Nice effort, Tom Brady. PepeLePew13 09-12-11 44
       RE: Nice effort, Tom Brady. Jims02 09-12-11 45
           RE: Nice effort, Tom Brady. Estee 09-13-11 49
 Good and Bad KeithFan 09-12-11 46
   RE: Good and Bad PepeLePew13 09-13-11 47
 Bad Quarterback League: Week #1 re... Estee 09-13-11 48

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

09-06-11, 03:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Estee Click to send private message to Estee Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "Well, sometimes change is bad."
One of these images is real.

Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

cahaya 18904 desperate attention whore postings

09-06-11, 03:36 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: Well, sometimes change is bad."
The second one. It's designed to give opposing recievers what are known as "Harvin Migraines".

Max Headroom 10028 desperate attention whore postings

09-06-11, 03:48 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: Week #1 NFL Complaining Thread"
I have no more complaints at this time. I used 'em all up in the suicide pool thread.

09-06-11, 03:55 PM (EST)
Click to EMail cahaya Click to send private message to cahaya Click to view user profile Click to send message via ICQ Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: Week #1 NFL Complaining Thread"
That'll last until Sunday, when Arian Foster on your FF team doesn't get his 20 projected FF points!

09-06-11, 04:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Max%20Headroom Click to send private message to Max%20Headroom Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: Week #1 NFL Complaining Thread"
The fantasy football complaints might start earlier than Sunday-- I have Drew Brees in another league and he could have a disappointing day at Lambeau Field.

sittem 4186 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Jerry Springer Show Guest"

09-08-11, 02:25 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
9. "RE: Week #1 NFL Complaining Thread"
I can only hope...

09-09-11, 07:52 AM (EST)
16. "RE: Week #1 NFL Complaining Thread"
Your team won the game, but I'm very happy with Drew Brees' numbers.

09-09-11, 10:57 AM (EST)
Click to EMail sittem Click to send private message to sittem Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: Week #1 NFL Complaining Thread"
You have him in Fantasy? You should be very happy. I was thinking of picking up Randall Cobb after the draft, but because he had been injured I decided to wait until after the game. Got up this morning and it was to late - he's gone. Of course, there won't be many 20 point games from him in the future either.

Overall, in spite of little sleep I'm a very happy camper today.

2002 IceCat Originals, Inc. All rights reserved.

09-07-11, 04:22 PM (EST)
6. "Max's next fantasy league."
Introducing the Bad Quarterback League.

http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/3686/introducing-grantlands-bad-quarterback-league

Wonder who the #1 pick is.

09-07-11, 10:30 PM (EST)
7. "RE: Max's next fantasy league."
Washington Redskins/Rex Grossman went 4th? Wow. That guy svcks beyond belief.

09-07-11, 10:57 PM (EST)
8. "RE: Max's next fantasy league."
I think it comes back to all the points you get when your pick gets arrested, involved in a scandal, and generally misbehaves in public. Maybe Rex is just too law-abiding.

PepeLePew13 24731 desperate attention whore postings

09-09-11, 08:02 AM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
17. "RE: Max's next fantasy league."
He just makes his fans want to do some criminal activities, that's all.

09-08-11, 04:32 PM (EST)
10. "Peyton"
LAST EDITED ON 09-08-11 AT 05:09 PM (EST)

... just had another surgical procedure today and now they're talking 2-3 months, confirmed. Wouldn't surprise me they put him on IR. In fact, they might as well just put the whole Colts season on IR.

Official statement.

09-08-11, 06:17 PM (EST)
11. "RE: Peyton"
As I posted previously, 6-10 here we come.

With a little luck to get there.

09-08-11, 07:37 PM (EST)
12. "RE: Peyton"
A little luck? Geez, the NFL schedulemeisters assumed Peyton was playing. On there are the Steelers, Saints, Ravens, Falcons and our good buddies the Patriots. The only "easy" ones are the Bungles and Panthers.

And I just read 4 of the 5 offensive linemen are new, with Saturday as the remaining original player. And he's never hiked for a QB other than Peyton in his whole career (Painter doesn't count). So not only is the pass rush blocking going to be suspect, but Addai & Co might find themselves with brick walls in front of them.

Not lookin' good, not 't all.

For once, we'll actually cheer when the Colts win a game.

09-08-11, 11:05 PM (EST)
13. "RE: Peyton"
Tough situation for the Colts, but no one can blame the schedule makers for the tough line up they have this year (tied for third toughest schedule based on last year's standings with 6 other teams at .520). Schedules don't happen by chance. You can look years down the road and know whom your team will play for 14 of the 16 games. The last two are based on the previous year's standings. Because they were a first place team last year they get two other first place teams.

First you play the other 3 teams in your division twice home and away - 6 games. Then, from the other three divisions you rotate every three years. This year the Colts get the AFC North - tough luck playing the Steelers and the Ravens, but you also get Cleveland and Cincinnati. That's four more games.

Next you get one division from the NFC on a four year rotation. This year it's the NFC South. Again, tough luck with the Saints and the Falcons plus the up and coming Bucs. Carolina is the only easy game within this division. Now we're up to 14 games.

Finally, you pick up the team that finished in the same position in the standings from the previous year in the other two divisions in you conference - tough one with the Patriots, but not so bad with the Chiefs.

Where the schedule makers do have some say is with the actual game scheduling, especially for the feature games each weekend. There could be some disappointing games this year. If anything, I'm guessing today the schedule makers would like a do over. The Colts have 5 prime time games - one Monday night game against the Bucs, three Sunday night games with the Steelers, Saints and Patriots and then a Thursday night against the Texans.

I DO feel bad for the Colts and Manning. I do hope he can come back at some point, but the year looks like it could be a tough one for the Colts.

Right now we're entering the fourth quarter. I'm getting to old to watch games like this at 3 in the morning. Even with an 8 point lead I'm still not sure the Packers can hold on.

09-09-11, 00:21 AM (EST)
15. "RE: Peyton"
Well, I pictured you on the edge of your seat -- nay, standing up! -- as the Saints got to the 1-yard line on a pass interference call and Mark Ingram goes for the score...

... and then you hoot and holler!

Hah! That was close!

The Pack are looking like a fine-tuned machine on offense.

09-08-11, 11:53 PM (EST)
14. "RE: Week #1 NFL Complaining Thread"
Whoa - time to go to bed and hope to get about 2 hours sleep. On the last couple plays of the game my pulse "at rest" since I'm sitting in front of the computer - 112. My regular resting pulse is 56. Not sure my heart can make it through the season.

Snidget 43862 desperate attention whore postings

09-11-11, 01:53 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
19. "Dear Steelers"
This is not a scrimmage, you are not supposed to knock your teammates down.

09-11-11, 06:04 PM (EST)
26. "Without having seen the footage:"
Mirror ball trophy went right to his head, huh?

09-11-11, 03:56 PM (EST)
20. "RE: Week #1 NFL Complaining Thread"
LAST EDITED ON 09-11-11 AT 04:02 PM (EST)

I'll let Max do it.

Using Dallas Clark to block Mario Williams?! Who came up with that game plan?

09-11-11, 04:26 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Snidget Click to send private message to Snidget Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "Second round of games"
My TV/cable company keeps trying to save me from the Cardinal/Panther game. The broadcast keeps cutting out, but sadly comes back on a few seconds later.

samboohoo 17076 desperate attention whore postings

09-11-11, 04:56 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
22. "RE: Week #1 NFL Complaining Thread"
And the commentators may prevent me from watching any Eagles game. The Michael Vick worship is too much for my stomach to handle.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

09-11-11, 05:41 PM (EST)
23. "RE: Week #1 NFL Complaining Thread"
You need the ones announcing the kittycat game. Although the refs called a penalty and they got it back within a few nanoseconds of praising Cam Newton he threw an interception.

09-11-11, 06:04 PM (EST)
27. "RE: Week #1 NFL Complaining Thread"
I try to think of all the saliva being applied to his buttocks as tenderizer for the moment karma bites him.

pinksparkleguitar 1222 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-11-11, 05:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail pinksparkleguitar Click to send private message to pinksparkleguitar Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
24. "RE: Week #1 NFL Complaining Thread"
First play of our first possession - the first play of the first game of the season - we fumble the kickoff return and Buffalo comes up with it.

And thus goes the suckfest that was our game.

Team spirited by Agman

09-11-11, 05:56 PM (EST)
25. "RE: Week #1 NFL Complaining Thread"
"I'm open to suggestions as to what the heck's happening around here today."

09-11-11, 06:48 PM (EST)
28. "Giants/Redskins."
LAST EDITED ON 09-11-11 AT 06:52 PM (EST)

Would someone please remind Rex how much he svcks? I think he forgot.

ETA: As I composed that, the Redskins blocked a field goal attempt. This Sunday has officially passed through insanity and come out on the other side as a heaping platter of WTF?

Jims02 7328 desperate attention whore postings

09-11-11, 08:19 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
34. "RE: Giants/Redskins."
Overall, a pretty solid opener. It's tough to feel too overly proud of them since the Giants defense was ridiculously hobbled going into this game, though. The most disappointing factor was how much the Giants still managed to knock Grossman around... He was constantly under duress, despite throwing for 300+ yds. The offensive line needs a little work on their pass protection.

Thought Grossman looked pretty sharp. It was a bit disappointing when he overthrew a couple of his long ones and there was one rollout where he chose to throw back into the middle of the field... But otherwise a solid game for him. I think the biggest difference in the offense this year is adding Gaffney and Hightower to the group. Gaffney gives them another reasonable target that the Giants actually have to cover (instead of just doubling Moss/Cooley like in the past), plus Anthony Armstrong and Fred Davis are legit threats as well.

Hightower didn't run particularly great (especially in the second half) but he was picking up some blocks on third down and made a couple nice receptions to move the chains.

Defense looked good. The coverage wasn't the best, since Nicks pretty much did whatever he wanted the whole game. It seemed like the Redskins were better off just teeing off at Eli every play. Especially in the second half, Eli's throws were pretty erratic when under pressure.

A 2003 IceCat original

09-11-11, 08:35 PM (EST)
35. "RE: Giants/Redskins."
The Redskins defense looked good. Rex... well, he had one Rex moment where he got sacked and fumbled, and he got away with a couple of idiotic throws, but overall, he was more than competitive. It was a nice opening win.

As for the Colts? About what I expected.

09-11-11, 09:18 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Jims02 Click to send private message to Jims02 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
36. "RE: Giants/Redskins."
The sack-fumble didn't bug me too much (in terms of Grossman's play), just because of how much he was getting smacked around. When you get knocked down, like, 10 times in a game, it's not that unexpected to see a fumble eventually. He still should've tucked that one away, though.

A 2003 IceCat original

09-11-11, 07:26 PM (EST)
29. "Panthers/Cardinals."
...it's almost as if no one wants Andrew Luck.

Driving -- driving -- trying to tie the game -- 4th & 10 and eleven yards out from the goal line -- this day can get crazier, right...?

Make that fourth and five. Arizona just provided a helpful penalty. Because, y'know, the kitchen has all this WTF piled up and we've got to get rid of it before it goes bad on Tuesday...

...Arizona takes over on their own 2-yard line.

I would not bet against a fumble into the end zone right now.

-- no, the Cardinals win. The universe is trying to correct itself. Now all that has to happen is for the Seahawks to not score twice and we can all relax while the Jets get blown out 58-6.

09-11-11, 07:27 PM (EST)
30. "Good News/Bad News"
Kitty cats lost on the road to a bunch of birdies, but the Heisman trophy winners can't play NFL football why did you draft that guy noises are a lot quieter. Congrats on 400+ yards of passing in your debut game!

09-11-11, 07:28 PM (EST)
31. "Meanwhile, in East Rutherford."
Time Until Body Cavity Search From This Point: Forty Minutes

09-11-11, 07:37 PM (EST)
32. "The Steeler turnover count."
On the field: seven.

Including grave spins: eight... nine... ten... eleven... twelve...

thirteen... come on, you know he would have laughed (around Wednesday)... fourteen...

09-11-11, 07:52 PM (EST)
33. "RE: The Steeler turnover count."
Wednesday sounds about right.

VisionQuest 1171 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

09-11-11, 10:40 PM (EST)
Click to EMail VisionQuest Click to send private message to VisionQuest Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: The Steeler turnover count."
I love that we had as many turnovers as we did points. Glad I am going out of town so I don't have to listen/read/see all the news focused on this.

09-11-11, 09:48 PM (EST)
37. "Does that Jet dude know"
It is the front edge of the endzone not the back edge that you need to get the ball across.

Or does he just like running with the ball like he's trying to get the vomiting puppy outside in time to avoid clean up.

09-11-11, 10:52 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Does that Jet dude know"
I think this is the part where I go to bed and try to pretend this day never happened.

09-12-11, 02:22 PM (EST)
40. "Package delivery."
It's from Dallas.

It's gift-wrapped.

...it's seventeen points.

Um...

...you shouldn't have.

I mean, you really shouldn't have.

*looks at Romo's fumble & sack again*

And yet you did.

samboohoo 17076 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-11, 04:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
41. "RE: Package delivery."
It's the gift that, for now, keeps on giving - at least to the NFC East.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

09-12-11, 08:59 PM (EST)
42. "Nice effort, Tom Brady."
After the tipped pass and interception, Tom Brady made absolutely no effort to chase down the defensive lineman running down the field. What a pretty boy. *points and laughs*

If Deion Branch didn't come out of nowhere and tackle the defensive lineman, the guy would still be running, as Tom Brady sure wasn't going to catch him.

09-12-11, 09:03 PM (EST)
43. "RE: Nice effort, Tom Brady."
Hmmmm...while I don't want to be out of the Suicide Pool the first week...I am kind of enjoying the fact the score is tied right now.

09-12-11, 10:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail PepeLePew13 Click to send private message to PepeLePew13 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
44. "RE: Nice effort, Tom Brady."
517 yards and 4 touchdowns, that certainly screams "nice effort" for sure.

09-12-11, 11:04 PM (EST)
45. "RE: Nice effort, Tom Brady."
LAST EDITED ON 09-12-11 AT 11:04 PM (EST)

I was surprised to see that no one had challenged that all-time yardage in a game list recently. Considering how pass-centric the league has become in the last 10 years, you'd think some of those records would've been knocked down by now. Or that Brady would've done it already in '07.

Having Brady/Welker on my (good) FF team turned a 40 point deficit to a 30 point lead. It's nice that it happened for me this time, but it's the annoying thing about fantasy football in general. You'll just randomly run into people who just explode for one week and there's nothing you can do about it.

09-13-11, 02:08 PM (EST)
49. "RE: Nice effort, Tom Brady."
One record did fall -- this game is the new leader for combined passing yardage.

KeithFan 7414 desperate attention whore postings

09-12-11, 11:23 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KeithFan Click to send private message to KeithFan Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
46. "Good and Bad"
My Bears looked pretty good. OL looked a lot better than most of last season. Beat a good team pretty handily... we shall see next week what happens when they go to New Orleans.

The bad... stupid Tom Brady. I scored the second most points in my fantasy money league and guess who lost? Yes me. I was playing against Brady this week. Arrrrrgh. I hate it when that happens.

09-13-11, 06:54 AM (EST)
47. "RE: Good and Bad"
I won 4 of my 5 FF matchups this week ... and the one that I lost was the team that I had Brady on. Go figure. It was a 99-96 loss and if the settings were at 1 point per 25 yards (or 30) as it is in most leagues, I'd have easily won this week. Alas, the settings were at 1 point per 50 yards passing.

Stalling on the 1-yard line and going for the FG on the last New England drive is what killed me - I was hoping that Brady would be a prick as usual and go for the TD pass there. That and also my decision to go with the Pittsburgh D over the Baltimore D (I have both Ds) and that was a 25-point swing right there.

09-13-11, 12:37 PM (EST)
48. "Bad Quarterback League: Week #1 results."
http://www.grantland.com/blog/the-triangle/post/_/id/4067/grantlands-bad-quarterback-league-week-1

This could catch on.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •