The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"New Season January 6, 2013"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Biggest Loser Forum (Protected)
Original message

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

01-06-13, 08:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"New Season January 6, 2013"
Here it is!
The place to talk about all that is big and all that gets small!

LOL that is NOT code!

Good luck to all contestants this season. May we see lots of support and success without the drama (yea, like that will ever happen ).

Welcome back Jillian! Hello Bob & Dolvet!

Tribe put my name in lights! 2012

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: New Season January 6, 2013 zookeepertx 01-07-13 1
   RE: New Season January 6, 2013 JessicaRN 01-07-13 2
       RE: New Season January 6, 2013 Starshine 01-07-13 3
 RE: New Season January 6, 2013 samboohoo 01-08-13 4
   RE: New Season January 6, 2013 kidflash212 01-08-13 5
       RE: New Season January 6, 2013 samboohoo 01-09-13 7
       RE: New Season January 6, 2013 agman 01-14-13 11
   RE: New Season January 6, 2013 jbug 01-08-13 6
       RE: New Season January 6, 2013 Cherry Garcia 01-14-13 8
           Welcome Cherry jbug 01-14-13 9
           RE: New Season January 6, 2013 agman 01-14-13 10
           RE: New Season January 6, 2013 kidflash212 01-14-13 12
               RE: New Season January 6, 2013 JessicaRN 01-15-13 13
                   RE: New Season January 6, 2013 agman 01-15-13 14
                       **smack** jbug 01-15-13 15
                           smack back agman 01-15-13 16
 1/22/13 jbug 01-22-13 17
   RE: 1/22/13 Flowerpower 01-23-13 18
       RE: 1/22/13 samboohoo 01-24-13 19
 1/28/13 featherfish81 02-01-13 20
   RE: 1/28/13 taffnic 02-01-13 21
 2/4 jbug 02-05-13 22
   RE: 2/4 JessicaRN 02-05-13 23
 2/25 jbug 02-26-13 24
   oh, and Jillian? jbug 02-26-13 25
       RE: oh, and Jillian? KoalaChick 02-26-13 26
           RE: oh, and Jillian? skeetergirl87 02-28-13 27
 3/4 Episode samboohoo 03-06-13 28
   RE: 3/4 Episode jbug 03-06-13 29
       RE: 3/4 Episode JessicaRN 03-06-13 30
           RE: 3/4 Episode rachelOH63 03-16-13 32
 Episode 3/11/13 - Final Five. rachelOH63 03-16-13 31
   RE: Episode 3/11/13 - Final Five. udg 03-16-13 33
       RE: Episode 3/11/13 - Final Five. rachelOH63 03-16-13 34
 Finale blacknwhitedog 03-20-13 35
   RE: Finale samboohoo 03-20-13 36
       RE: Finale jbug 03-20-13 37
           RE: Finale agman 03-22-13 40
               RE: Finale jbug 03-23-13 41
                   RE: Finale agman 04-15-13 42
   RE: Finale susang 03-20-13 38
       RE: Finale JessicaRN 03-21-13 39

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

zookeepertx 212 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Network TV Show Guest Star"

01-07-13, 00:36 AM (EST)
Click to EMail zookeepertx Click to send private message to zookeepertx Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: New Season January 6, 2013"
I found myself torn between not wanting white team to lose, (since they were kind of hampered) & wanting them to lose, (because Jillian was annoying the crap out of me)! I don't think it's necessary to be just so downright hateful towards these people! I would be really uncomfortable running on the treadmill without being allowed to touch the sides, not because I'd want to hold any weight on the sides, but just to keep my balance! And Jillian's constant screaming would NOT let me focus on balance, so I'd probably fall off the thing a dozen times & wind up crippling myself! I really hope one of Bob or Dolvett's people win this season; anyone but one of Jillian's! (And I feel bad for feeling that way, because I don't have a problem with her team).
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

JessicaRN 1070 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Politically Incorrect Guest"

01-07-13, 04:05 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: New Season January 6, 2013"
I felt bad for TC, that he had to go home that soon.

I was unclear about the lady that left. It seems like all of a sudden, her demeanor changed and Jillian encouraged her to leave. It seemed kind of odd.

I was surprised that Bob basically told the big guy on his team, that 21 pounds in a week was a disappointment. The expectations have gotten pretty crazy.

I thought they handled the kids well. Their attitudes sure are a breath of fresh air.

Starshine 4934 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Stuff Magazine Centerfold"

01-07-13, 05:54 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Starshine Click to send private message to Starshine Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: New Season January 6, 2013"
Week 1 I think that 21 pounds was probably a little low when you think of how everyone else did.

Now week 2 and on 21lbs is going to be mega impressive.

There didn't seem to be any real lead-up to Nikki leaving, and as to her "I can do this at home with my husband" the issue is that you couldn't before why is now different?

Mayhaps there needs to be a better psych screening before people get on the show, after all there are thousands of people who would have happily had her place.

But I appreciate that there may be things in her life that have led to her overeating and that she needs to focus on them in a less public arena.

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings

01-08-13, 09:58 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: New Season January 6, 2013"
I'm glad it's back. I have mixed emotions about Jillian. She is so in their face, and I get it, but there are times I think it's a little too much. But anyone going on the show who hasn't watched and doesn't know what to expect is a fool, plain & simple. And many people would have taken that spot.

I am in the "go home" mode right now at my own gym. It's January. January sucks at the gym - unless you are a gym membership sales person or a personal trainer. All of the resolutionists are tehre. They take up all of the parking - both outside and on the equipment. They talk. They meander around. I can't stand it.

I am liking the Red Line. I haven't watched all of Monday's episode yet, but I know the Red Line is there again. I would rather they have a Red Line every week than a vote. No alliances.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-08-13, 04:52 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: New Season January 6, 2013"
In complete agreement with you about the gym. January stinks. Worse is the person who sits on the equipment and makes a phone call or texts instead of actually using the machine to work out.

01-09-13, 10:15 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
7. "RE: New Season January 6, 2013"
There was a guy in the hot tub the other night with his phone, and an earpiece. Absolutely absurd.

agman 11158 desperate attention whore postings

01-14-13, 02:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
11. "RE: New Season January 6, 2013"
I agree!

01-08-13, 04:58 PM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: New Season January 6, 2013"
I agree about Jillian.
I remember her being a real hard a$$, but this time, it was like she was trying extra hard to show just how hard she could be. And I don't think her being that hard worked;
Obviously it didn't since her team had 1 person quit & then also lost the weigh in even with a 5 lb advantage. Maybe production wanted her to start out that way for the drama. But it was almost more than her team could take. Dolvett & Bob were should as being tough but supportive and encouraging at the same time. Jillian was shown at first as being mean and a real b*tch.

Funny that after she talked to them about how they wanted her to be, she was almost going too far in the other direction; I thought "oh my, how gushy can you get?"
At least she seemed to find a happy medium; but it was too late for 3 of her team.

I almost wish they would have a couple of back up people just in case anyone quits the first 2 weeks. There are so many people who want to try this.

I have always said the yellow line was dumb; they should always have a red line. If you lost the least? You go home.
Yes, it was tough that those 2 guys had to go, but it would have been worse for one of the women to get voted out when they were working harder and lost more.

Tribe put my name in lights! 2012

Cherry Garcia 1 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "American Cancer Society Spokesperson"

01-14-13, 04:41 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cherry%20Garcia Click to send private message to Cherry%20Garcia Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
8. "RE: New Season January 6, 2013"
Hi Everyone!
I'm the "New Kid on the Block" so to speak. I just joined "Reality World" tonight so I thought I'd pop on & say HI!! I'm a Reality Show Fanatic! My Motto: Sooo Much Reality, Sooo Little Time! I'm from the St. Louis, MO. area. I'm happily married & although we were never able to have kids, we have 2 adorable "fur-babies" (dogs) that we spoil rotten. And, I agree with you about the red line! It would definitely be more fair for the contestants on Biggest Loser. Although, for ratings sake, having them vote adds drama, and that's what the producers want. Anything for ratings, because ratings = $$$. Even at the expense of a little fairness. Do you agree? Or have I already "stepped in it" with my first post? I hope I didn't cause I certainly hope I get the chance to know you all better. I'm a HUGE Fan of Most of the Reality Shows..ie: Big Brother, Survivor, Amazing Race, Mob Wives, Real Housewives, The Voice, Storage Wars, and I'm actually really glad they decided to do another Joe Schmo too! I know I've left out a gazillion shows that I watch, but you get the picture..I watch them all...lol! Anyway, that's it for now. I look forward to meeting you all! Cherry

01-14-13, 10:38 AM (EST)
9. "Welcome Cherry"
LAST EDITED ON 01-14-13 AT 10:40 AM (EST)

I too am a reality tv junkie. I didn't watch the first 3 seasons of Survivor cause I thought is was such a dumb concept! How could I have been so silly?

You'll find discussions on almost every show. If there is not a forum for one you want to talk about, look in "Other Reality TV" forum and you'll probably find it there.

You're right about the ratings. We all know the producers like the drama even if we sometimes don't.

Jump right on in. Now that your feet are wet, there's no turning back.

ETA: P.S. If you haven't already, read the guidelines up above. We try to keep a PG13 board; from your first post, it looks like you'll fit right in.

a Syren special

01-14-13, 02:32 PM (EST)
Click to EMail agman Click to send private message to agman Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
10. "RE: New Season January 6, 2013"
Welcome Cherry If you need anything at all, Jbug will point you in the right direction!!!!! Have fun here

kidflash212 3854 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Thong Contest Judge"

01-14-13, 04:44 PM (EST)
Click to EMail kidflash212 Click to send private message to kidflash212 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
12. "RE: New Season January 6, 2013"
Welcome Cherry - Hope to see you around Off Topic and Amazing Race!

Capn2patch put me in motion!

01-15-13, 01:00 PM (EST)
Click to EMail JessicaRN Click to send private message to JessicaRN Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
13. "RE: New Season January 6, 2013"
Well, that weigh-in didn't go so well for Dolvett, even though they all love each other.

01-15-13, 04:28 PM (EST)
14. "RE: New Season January 6, 2013"
I'm sure getting rid of her will weigh heavily on their minds!

01-15-13, 05:05 PM (EST)
15. "**smack**"
now back to your regularly scheduled program

Crusin w/ Tribe

01-15-13, 06:01 PM (EST)
16. "smack back"
now back to your regularly
scheduled
get with the program

there, fixed that for you

Stolen Gorn bouncing happily among the threads

01-22-13, 05:48 PM (EST)
17. "1/22/13"
Where is everyone?
No one said a word I don't think about last weeks episode.
I thought Pam was a bit much rubbing her weight loss in Jillian's face.
She should have been recognizing that Jillian was right all along and knew she had it in her to do it.
Instead she acted like she was showing Jillian up or something - like she had achieved something Jillian didn't think she could do.
It was backward to me.

Then last night...
she loses only 3 lbs.
But her attitude at home was fun and all crazy like so I guess that is why she acted like she did the week before.

Jillian has no patience with anyone who doesn't walk to her music.

Bob knows that Jillian is soft at heart <3

I'd like to see Danni stay a long time.
And the lawyer woman on Bob's team.
The 2 biggest guys on Bob's team are slackers - or at least that's they way they are portrayed.

When Dolvet showed up at the girl's school? That was great!
If I'd been that teacher, I'd have had to keep him after class for awhile IYKWIM.

Flowerpower 7012 desperate attention whore postings

01-23-13, 11:12 PM (EST)
Click to EMail Flowerpower Click to send private message to Flowerpower Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
18. "RE: 1/22/13"
I am so happy the BL is back! I really missed it last fall. I was so happy to see Jillian back as well, but I have to agree with EVERYONE here that thinks Jillian needs to take a chill pill. Geez, it's like she is really angry and she has no patience or tolerance. I think it's almost uncomfortable to watch. And, now she is down to her very last contestant.

I agree the red line makes it fair, but I loved to see alliances start and then get busted up by the red line.

I agree that the two big boys are slackers.

It was nice to see Jackson step up this week. I love that he wants to see his own picture plastered all over the gym. He's got a great attitude. I'm with Jbug, I like the lawyer woman too.

As the kids go, they are all pretty great kids. But, wow, Sunny is amazing and so smart and articulate. Can't wait to see how they lose through the weeks.

Jillian definitely needs to take a step back and regroup, imo. I adore her, but she has lost touch a bit, I think.

01-24-13, 09:38 AM (EST)
19. "RE: 1/22/13"
Agree, which is probably why she's down to just one contestant.

I like the red line. I'm only watching Monday's episode right now. Not sure if there is one this week or not, but I think they should keep it. Be consistent throughout the season.

I loved Sonny's rowing session. I'd love to do that. I regularly row at the gym on a machine - love that, but it's not the same.

featherfish81 391 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

02-01-13, 04:25 PM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
20. "1/28/13"
Finally got around to watching this week.

First off, $10/person/day would be a great food budget to have. The contestants should try living on a grad student stipend if they think their budget was tough.

Also, I liked the new Jillian. That's the kind of trainer I would like - push me to do better than I think I can, but don't be in my face about it.

I was surprised at how well the Blue team did, especially since they seemed to be slacking off this week. I guess next week will be interesting. I'm a little worried for Danni, though. She had a really high number this week, so hopefully she won't plateau too much next week.

taffnic 5085 desperate attention whore postings

02-01-13, 11:47 PM (EST)
Click to EMail taffnic Click to send private message to taffnic Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
21. "RE: 1/28/13"
I just watched it today too and was also surprised the Blue Team did that well.
I hope Danni can make it to the end. I like her.

creation by Agman

02-05-13, 12:51 PM (EST)
22. "2/4"
Why do they keep showing us that little bunny rabbit out in the field? Is someone going to be hungry enough to catch & eat it?

Interesting - one to one to one.
Way to go Danni!

On red & blue, the biggest losers for the week weren't the ones on the roll of the dice.

Didn't get all the numbers, but it looked like Blue would have been the team to lose the weigh in even if all players had weighed.

and for all Survivor fans, get yourself over to bashers and play "be the". Roly demands it!

02-05-13, 05:27 PM (EST)
23. "RE: 2/4"
The vote on the blue team about who to send home was kind of a no brainer. From week to week, I forgot he was there, since he had to work out alone so much.

He looks amazing now though!

02-26-13, 12:12 PM (EST)
24. "2/25"
Facing your fears.
Wonder what they would have done if Joe had been attacked by a shark?
Or if Gina had had a total meltdown in the casket?
Danni did great; she should have fun at karokee night.

I missed seeing Alex face her biggest fear....
or did I?

Someone (production or trainers?) is really reaching to put more and more drama into each new season.
Does everyone always have an underlying reason for being overweight?

I knew it had to be Alex sooner or later.
But she looks marvelous at home!

Crusin w/ Tribe

02-26-13, 12:14 PM (EST)
25. "oh, and Jillian?"
get over yourself!
Jackson faced his biggest fear and beat it.

KoalaChick 506 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Reality Show Commentator"

02-26-13, 01:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail KoalaChick Click to send private message to KoalaChick Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
26. "RE: oh, and Jillian?"
ITA jbug! I was so proud of Jackson to seize the opportunity to challenge himself, and look at the numbers he and Jeff pulled on their own! I didn't get Jillian's reaction at all.

skeetergirl87 136 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

02-28-13, 03:22 PM (EST)
Click to EMail skeetergirl87 Click to send private message to skeetergirl87 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
27. "RE: oh, and Jillian?"
It's because nobody is supposed to be able to lose weight without her screaming in their face. I totally understand what Jackson and Jeff were talking about and don't get her reaction either. She should be happy that they were able to take what she's been teaching them and apply it to their real lives.

03-06-13, 10:29 AM (EST)
28. "3/4 Episode"
Makeover Week

I always love makeovers. I don't always love the clothes they first put on with Tim in the dressing rooms. Those skinny jeans Danni had on were awful, but she looked great at home. And the initial outfits for Bingo and Jackson? Oh my.

I loved the look on Jackson's mom's face when he sat her down and started talking about spaghetti squash. I would have had the same look.

03-06-13, 10:58 AM (EST)
29. "RE: 3/4 Episode"
I agree about some of the outfits they picked themselves first.
I bet Tim was cringing inside

I laugh when they talk about how they always had to wear clothes "to cover up the weight" yada yada yada while we are seeing pictures of the opposite - Jackson in pants and white shirt tucked into his pants; Gina in a strapless tube type dress/or top.

Crusin w/ Tribe

03-06-13, 03:19 PM (EST)
30. "RE: 3/4 Episode"
Aren't they all getting make overs this season, during their photography sessions?

rachelOH63 206 desperate attention whore postings

03-16-13, 01:01 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rachelOH63 Click to send private message to rachelOH63 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
32. "RE: 3/4 Episode"
Don't know if their makeovers are "official"... Biggest Loser probably sends them to a photographer, and maybe is giving them a stipend to buy clothes and get a haircut, etc. ???

03-16-13, 12:57 PM (EST)
Click to EMail rachelOH63 Click to send private message to rachelOH63 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
31. "Episode 3/11/13 - Final Five."
LAST EDITED ON 03-16-13 AT 12:59 PM (EST)

Just started watching this Ep today, and in the opening preview, it shows them getting onto the scale. I never noticed this so prominently before, but as Danni gets on the scale -- she is the fifth one doing it this week, obviously -- it shows the other four contestants' positions on the % lost board... So, besides Danni, I know where everyone stands at the end of the Ep! #WayToSpoil!

udg 3038 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-16-13, 04:28 PM (EST)
Click to EMail udg Click to send private message to udg Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
33. "RE: Episode 3/11/13 - Final Five."
In the season preview in Ep 1, they show the swimming challenge from episode 5. Which means we knew on Day 1 that Jillian was going to lose 4 of her white team, and Dolvet was going to lose one red, while Bob still had all 5 blue.

Thanks to tribephyl for the sigpic!

03-16-13, 07:27 PM (EST)
34. "RE: Episode 3/11/13 - Final Five."
I usually don't keep up weekly with this show. I end up with weeks of this show on my DVR, usually, and then go on a watching spurt. I usually find out who is leaving each week by this website's home page... so I don't have a problem with being spoiled... It was just so blatant, it surprised me!

Never saw that in Ep 1... Thanks for sharing!

blacknwhitedog 6528 desperate attention whore postings

03-20-13, 02:11 AM (EST)
Click to EMail blacknwhitedog Click to send private message to blacknwhitedog Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
35. "Finale"
So Dani won the whole thing- I thought she looked really weird at the end. Can't stand Jillian any more!

Lisa looked way too skinny IMO she is tall and she looked anorexic to me.

Tardis by cahaya

03-20-13, 09:08 AM (EST)
36. "RE: Finale"
I hated Dani's hair at the finale, but she looked awesome otherwise. Still love Jillian. Lisa did look really thin, but I thought she looked good. Sad she didn't win the at-home prize.

I didn't think that Gina looked to be in the 130s. She looked bigger than me, and I'm 142. I guess if I were standing on that scale on TV, I'd look much bigger as well.

03-20-13, 09:42 AM (EST)
37. "RE: Finale"
I wish they would give us their heights along with their weight.
If I were at 145, I'd look anorexic too (I'm 5'19") I think

It's spring in TribeLand 2012

03-22-13, 02:29 PM (EST)
40. "RE: Finale"
LAST EDITED ON 03-22-13 AT 02:30 PM (EST)

If I were at 145, I'd
look anorexic too (I'm 5'19")
I think

5'19"???.....are you friggin kidding me?

*wonders if she meant 5'9"*

03-23-13, 10:36 PM (EST)
41. "RE: Finale"
how about 5' 10" ?

04-15-13, 04:40 PM (EST)
42. "RE: Finale"
I'll bet it's closer to 4'10"!

spelled out by Tribe

susang 429 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Daytime Soap Guest Star"

03-20-13, 02:11 PM (EST)
Click to EMail susang Click to send private message to susang Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
38. "RE: Finale"
Dani looked better at the last weigh-in (before the Finale)

03-21-13, 02:42 PM (EST)
39. "RE: Finale"
Dani looked like a totally different person. She looked great, but it was kind of an odd disconnect.

I thought some of the guys still had a fair amount of weight to lose. I do love Jackson though.

I can't decide if it was a good season or not. They all got along with each other, which is what I think that I want, but maybe not!

It seems like by mid-season, there was not a lot of doubts that Dani was going to win.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •