The Amazing Race   American Idol   The Apprentice   The Bachelor   The Bachelorette   Big Brother   The Biggest Loser
Dancing with the Stars   So You Think You Can Dance   Survivor   Top Model   The Voice   The X Factor       Reality TV World

Reality TV World Message Board Forums
PLEASE NOTE: The Reality TV World Message Boards are filled with desperate attention-seekers pretending to be one big happy PG/PG13-rated family. Don't be fooled. Trying to get everyone to agree with you is like herding cats, but intolerance for other viewpoints is NOT welcome and respect for other posters IS required at all times. Jump in and play, and you'll soon find out how easy it is to fit in, but save your drama for your mama. All members are encouraged to read the complete guidelines. As entertainment critic Roger Ebert once said, "If you disagree with something I write, tell me so, argue with me, correct me--but don't tell me to shut up. That's not the American way."
"March 16 Episode"
Email this topic to a friend
Printer-friendly version of this topic
Bookmark this topic (Registered users only)

Previous Topic | Next Topic 
Conferences The Biggest Loser Forum (Protected)
Original message

samboohoo 17075 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-17-10, 08:20 AM (EST)
Click to EMail samboohoo Click to send private message to samboohoo Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
"March 16 Episode"
LAST EDITED ON 03-17-10 AT 08:22 AM (EST)

I guess everyone else was watching AI?

I actually watched almost all of it this week.

Pop Challenge: The teams faced off and had to answer food questions. Blue team won and got a night away from the ranch at the Four Seasons Hotel. There they ate good, healthy food and got massages. Black team had to clean the kitchen and the gym, which were both completely disgusting (and looked staged).

Michael received news from home that his grandmother was very ill. He returned to be with her.

Cooking Challenge with Curtis Stone! That's a double yummy!

The teams squared off to prepare one appetizer, entree and dessert - using only 12 ingredients. They took turns selecting ingredients, and it appeared neither used the same things.

Black team made: Shrimp apps, grilled salmon with wild rice and brocolini and carmelized pears with goat cheese and strawberry sauce.

Blue team made: Spinach salad with a pomegranite balsamic dressing, grilled pork tenderloin with cauliflower, and raspberries drizzled with dark chocolate.

Taste and calories counted. Black won the apps because the blue's dressing had too many calories. Blue won the entree because the black team's salmon had too many calories (they left the skin on), and their rice took too long to cook and wasn't done. In spite of having seen the raspberry recipe on a Curtis Stone segment before, Black won because their pear thingy had fewer calories.

Black Team won a five-pound advantage for the weigh-in. How would Blue overcome this? Oh, the drama!

Blue team buckled down and got busy. When we saw the feature on Sherry being the only mom left there and Ashley's meltdown, we knew who would be going home in spite of the five-pound advantage and before the weigh-in. But, with an hour left, we carried on. Michael returned to the ranch.

With the five pounds, Black lost 30. Sam lost 8, Ashley lost 7, Drea lost 5, Stephanie lost 2, and Sherry lost 3.

Blue needed to lose more than 45, which came out to be about 8 pounds per person. Lance lost 8, Daris lost 10, Koli lost 9 (putting him under 300), O'Neil lost 9, and Sunshine lost 9. That put them at 45 before Michael weighed in. He lost 11, crushing the black team.

Sherry went home. She now weighs 139.

ETA: While the Blue team worked super, super, super hard, I also think the spa and massages were a big factor for them in that it gave them a real break and helped to relax them.

I also think of Mr. McDowell from "Coming to America" every time I see O'Neil.

Samboobree, brought to life by Arkie

Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

Table of Contents

Subject     Author     Message Date     ID  
 RE: March 16 Episode GOOU 03-17-10 1
 RE: March 16 Episode blueahh 03-17-10 2
 RE: March 16 Episode Cyndimaus 03-17-10 3
 RE: March 16 Episode jbug 03-17-10 4
 RE: March 16 Episode crs3192 03-17-10 5
 RE: March 16 Episode featherfish81 03-21-10 6

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

Messages in this topic

GOOU 43 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Beauty Pageant Celebrity Judge"

03-17-10, 09:05 AM (EST)
Click to EMail GOOU Click to send private message to GOOU Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
1. "RE: March 16 Episode"
Thanks for the summary! I wasn't watching AI, but was watching LOST - only saw parts of Biggest Loser - for some reason the Biggest Loser contestants this season aren't holding my attention.
  Remove | Alert Edit | Reply | Reply With Quote | Top

blueahh 54 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Hollywood Squares Square"

03-17-10, 09:18 AM (EST)
Click to EMail blueahh Click to send private message to blueahh Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
2. "RE: March 16 Episode"
Thanks for the summary. I did watch AI as Biggest Loser is better to watch on TiVo (too many commercials). Although I like the contestants this year, it isn't fun to watch when the teams are so biased.

It sounds like they tried to help black by awarding a 5 lb advantage. If blue doesn't start slowing down with their weight loss, they'll probably shake it up or switch to individuals soon.

Cyndimaus 3117 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Car Show Celebrity"

03-17-10, 09:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail Cyndimaus Click to send private message to Cyndimaus Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
3. "RE: March 16 Episode"
So who was surprised by the black team's whining about losing the pop challenge and having to clean the kitchen and gym?

Anyone?

Anyone?

*crickets*

Yeah, I knew we were in for the typical whine-fest as soon as they announced the prize. (and I just knew the black team would lose)

Did anyone catch Allison's Survivor moment? "Black team I have nothing for you." She went all Jeff Probst on us for a second. And at the end of the show I was half-expecting her to say, "Sherry, you have been eliminated from the race."

One thing I found interesting was we saw Ashley's meltdown about not wanting to be around her mom so much and then we see her meltdown and not wanting her mom to leave the ranch. Seemed somewhat oxymoronic to me. Then again, when do us emotional girls make much sense? :-P

Sherry looked great, by the way. She looked healthy and happy.

sig courtesy of Cygnus

jbug 16685 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Playboy Centerfold"

03-17-10, 11:43 AM (EST)
Click to EMail jbug Click to send private message to jbug Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
4. "RE: March 16 Episode"
I recorded the 1st half while watching AI with DH; then switched to watching it (AI is boring me this season).

You pretty well covered it all Boo.
It could have been a toss up between Stephanie & Sherry - neither was losing much to help the team. I was surprised Drea got votes instead of Shephanie - must be that Ashley is better friends with Steph & Sherry voted the way Ashley did or something.
Sure Drea might be a bigger threat but she's losing a bit to help; Steph isn't.

If Sunshine could lose 9, then Drea & Ashley could be losing more - they both have a lot left to lose; wonder what they are not doing right....
I'm really liking Sunshine & her dad.

The challenge was a good one - one that didn't require physical strength. Fair to both sides.

I was glad to see that they were served healthy meals on their trip - and weren't given the temptations that are so often thrown at them when they win a reward.

This color is called AgGreen 2009

crs3192 122 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Blistex Spokesperson"

03-17-10, 01:16 PM (EST)
Click to EMail crs3192 Click to send private message to crs3192 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
5. "RE: March 16 Episode"
I couldn't help but tear up when Koli lost the nine pounds. The whole moment with him and Sam just got to me. And I didn't feel that way for any of the others like Mike or Sunshine.
I'm tired of O'Neal already (I just find he tries too hard to sound inspirational) and Mike irks me to an extreme. Of course, I felt bad for Mike and his grandmother but I can't get past my strong dislike for him.

My two favourites are Sam and Stephanie but I have a feeling neither of them are going to win because they both have lost a lot of weight and don't have such a long way to go.

featherfish81 391 desperate attention whore postings
DAW Level: "Cooking Show Host"

03-21-10, 08:42 PM (EST)
Click to EMail featherfish81 Click to send private message to featherfish81 Click to view user profile Click to check IP address of the poster
6. "RE: March 16 Episode"
"Blue team buckled down and got busy. When we saw the feature on Sherry being the only mom left there and Ashley's meltdown, we knew who would be going home in spite of the five-pound advantage and before the weigh-in. But, with an hour left, we carried on."

Yeah, the editors did a poor job of making us wonder who was going to go home. All the talk about Black definitely winning because of their advantage made it pretty clear who was going to win. I wish they would stop trying to convince us of one outcome (like Sam going home last week), because we immediately know that won't be it.

Lock | Archive | Remove

Lobby | Topics | Previous Topic | Next Topic

p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e - p l a c e h o l d e r t e x t g o e s h e r e -
about this site   •   advertise on this site  •   contact us  •   privacy policy   •